PDA

View Full Version : Smart thinkink Captain ASHRAFUL

Tahsin Chowdhury
May 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
Mohammad Ashraful displayed that he has what it takes to step into Habibul Bashar’s shoes. While skipper Bashar sat in the dressing room for nearly an hour, his deputy took charge of the situation during the post-lunch session on the opening day of the first Test against India here on Friday.
Bangladesh scalped two of their three wickets in that period of play and all credit goes to Ashraful. Firstly, when Mashrafee bin Murtaza came onto bowl Dinesh Karthik, he set an attacking field despite the player being well set at the wicket.
The ploy paid off as Karthik miscued a pull shot that fell safely into the hands of Ashraful at mid-off. But instead continuing with the same bowler, the acting captain had another trick up his sleeve.
Straight after Enamul Haque Jr completed his over, Ashraful gave the ball to Shahadat Hossain. And with the very first delivery of the over, Shahadat forced Indian captain Rahul Dravid to nick a catch behind the stumps, a wicket which indeed augurs a bright future for captain Ashraful. :) :-D

This article is 4rm Bangladeshi English Daily newspaper THE NEW AGE.here is the link...
http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

Nafis_BD
May 19, 2007, 01:12 PM
Yep I agree it was a smart thinking by Ashraful and a nice article!!!

bulbul_fan
May 19, 2007, 01:27 PM
yes, it was good captaincy by ashraful and i am 100 % sure , he will b better captain than hablu....:flag:

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 01:32 PM
yes, it was good captaincy by ashraful and i am 100 % sure , he will b better captain than hablu....:flag:

yep that's true

bulbul_fan
May 19, 2007, 01:34 PM
hi rajowana, i think u r very intrstd in crict...i find u most of time in bc!!

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
Yepp...all his moves paid off...Yet, may be its too early to even compare him with Bashar as a captain. Lets see when he gets the full opportunity.

One World
May 19, 2007, 02:10 PM
lucky not to see title as "Smart finkin captain Ash"

cricman
May 19, 2007, 02:12 PM
lucky not to see title as "Smart finkin captain Ash"

:floor: Should I end my sentence with a lolz? I'm just joking but that was funny!

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
hi rajowana, i think u r very intrstd in crict...i find u most of time in bc!!

hahaha lol

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
Well if he's performing well with the bat as well (let's see how he does in the test series), I see no reason why we shouldn't hand him the captaincy in or after the series in sri lanka.

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well if he's performing well with the bat as well (let's see how he does in the test series), I see no reason why we shouldn't hand him the captaincy in or after the series in sri lanka.

For time being, he should be tested only for ODI as a captain! Then time would take it's course...:-D

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2007, 05:11 PM
For time being, he should be tested only for ODI as a captain! Then time would take it's course...:-D

yes, that's actually a good idea. we still don't know if we can drop bashar from the test side as well - a lot of it depends on this series.

gatekeeper
May 19, 2007, 05:17 PM
yes, that's actually a good idea. we still don't know if we can drop bashar from the test side as well - a lot of it depends on this series.

I concur. Also, I think this business of Bashar getting off the field for periods of lets say 1 to 2 hrs and let Ash marshall his troop is good idea.

CricFanBD
May 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
Will it help Ash to get captaincy in Test and ODI if Bashar will not retire?

Antora
May 19, 2007, 07:30 PM
wooohooo!!! way to go ash!!!! (now kick bash out of the team)

Protic
May 19, 2007, 08:33 PM
antora : :O You mean kick bash out of ODI team right?
Not from test!

jinglenuts
May 20, 2007, 06:39 AM
yup he did gr8 job!

Rabz
May 20, 2007, 06:56 AM
A man in the making.
May be this is what he needs.
Some degree of responsibility on his shoulder.
See how Ponting changed as a batsman after he became the captain of the Australian team. Now im not going to compare him with Ashraful, but some people does handle the role of leadership very well and actually lead from the front.

IF Ashraful can become what he has been promising us to be, BD cricket will be the ultimate winner.

Mike
May 20, 2007, 07:16 AM
no boubt, Ash is coming very strongly

fai_hasan
May 20, 2007, 08:20 AM
Ashraful is doing well i guess. would like to see him as a captain. i'm positive he would do well.

Sohel
May 20, 2007, 02:06 PM
he da man... /:)

Rajowana
May 20, 2007, 02:07 PM
he da man... /:)

yesh he is.:-D

Sohel
May 20, 2007, 02:13 PM
yesh he is.:-D

thank God almighty... he shEEll da man... :joy:

here's a link http://snr1967.blogspot.com/2007/04/case-for-possible-ashraful-captaincy.html ... any thoughts???

Murad
May 20, 2007, 03:52 PM
he willl captain the side from the srilanka series.. and this is almost final...

Mortaza will be the vice captain.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDA2MDA=&mid=OA==

CricFanBD
May 20, 2007, 08:43 PM
he willl captain the side from the srilanka series.. and this is almost final...

Mortaza will be the vice captain.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDA2MDA=&mid=OA==

"ALMOST"...not final yet. I will celebrate when they announce the Decision .

Antora
May 21, 2007, 03:08 AM
antora : :O You mean kick bash out of ODI team right?
Not from test!

no...
I mean kick him out of both odi and test!!!
he made 0 runss 2day!!! soo dat goes to prove how much we need bash in tests!!!!!!LOL

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 07:22 AM
no...
I mean kick him out of both odi and test!!!
he made 0 runss 2day!!! soo dat goes to prove how much we need bash in tests!!!!!!LOL

wow... :-D

shuziburo
May 21, 2007, 01:49 PM

Hey! Hey!

Please do not insult Ashraful. Anybody can be a better captain than our esteemed captain. Ashraful showed that he can be a genuinely good captain. Admitted it was a short stint, but morning shows the day.

-ShuziBuro

Ejaj
May 22, 2007, 02:14 AM
Agreed. I was highly impressed with his field placing and attacking mindset. I defintiely want him out captain after this series ( If possible, from 2nd Test.) Give Hablu Bye bye and bring Nazmus Sadat or Raqibul or Tushar Imran back to his place. It wil be a much better team.