6- Nafees
7. Sakib
8. Rafiq
9. Razzak
10. Rasel
11. Shahadat

Antora
May 21, 2007, 04:50 AM
im not sooo sure about mash being captain.... i mean every time a bd player has been chosen to be captain or vice captain they dont play as well!!! eg. bashar. nafees and from 2days game ash (but then again cant judge from one bad game) c now that nafees is not vice captain he actually played well

adel
May 21, 2007, 05:28 AM
Morataza is quickly and efficently developing into the -dare i say it- the best ever Bangladeshi player...
However, captaincy, in my view would not do him a great deal at this point in time...Give it a year or so and I believe he will be ready and lead Bangladesh to great succsess...

genius5000
May 21, 2007, 05:35 AM
if not captaincy, definitely the opener for ODI

Protic
May 21, 2007, 05:51 AM
LOL genius.. VERY GENIUS !!
say he plays the 50 overs..and makes a 100..
Who will open the bowling then? and who'll be our strike bowler?
We dont need to ruin his bowling.. He's good at 6.
Maybe promote when needed..but not as an opener.

adel
May 21, 2007, 05:53 AM
yep...definetly have to agree with Protic's point...and also there is the issue of too much of a workload...will he be able to cope as a captain, opening batsmen and opening bowler???

bourny3
May 21, 2007, 06:19 AM
No not captain but the rest is definitely a possibility. You cant have a bowler as captain it is too much for them to think about as well as bowl well. Even if he bats up the order he is then required for his batting too. He cant captain as well. He is a great player and hopefully he becomes a great allrounder.

Rabz
May 21, 2007, 08:12 AM
How about let Mashrafee do what he does best...
Bowl great with a handy with a bat.
no need to burden him with captaincy.
plus he is not getting it anytime soon, so point of discussing it either.

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 08:18 AM
i think he can be a great captain... after about 5 years of vice captaincy... the boy can do anything... :)

fai_hasan
May 21, 2007, 08:21 AM
don't just open a thread without knowing anything. half of the time he remains injured. you can't put him under the stress of that.

bd_fan_from_india
May 21, 2007, 09:48 AM
mortaza should bat at 3 if bd is chasing a huge score. i had opened a thread titled "mortaza at 3" for this

biddut
May 21, 2007, 10:07 AM
Try not to putt so much pressure on him. He is a national treasure. Try to preserve him.

jay
May 21, 2007, 10:22 AM
well i don't know how i know this but they won't select mash as captain because he has a high temper, i don't know for sure though but he'd make a fab captain.........
XxX..........Jay............XxX

mali007
May 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
ODI captain,Vice captain and batting lineup:
1. Tamim
2. Sakib
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful (Captain)
5. Farhad Reza
6. Mashrafee ( Vice captain )
7. Mushfique
8. Rafique
9. Razzak
10. Shahadat
11. Rassel

fwullah
May 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
don't just open a thread without knowing anything. half of the time he remains injured. you can't put him under the stress of that.

This is exactly why my suggestion was to let Mashrafee be the captain and Ashraful be the vice captain. This way, even if Mashrafee gets injured, the team would still have a stable leadership.

As Cricinfo said in today's report (on Day 4 of 1st test vs. Ind), Mashrafee IS the most inspirational player in the team.

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
ODI captain,Vice captain and batting lineup:
1. Tamim
2. Sakib
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful (Captain)
5. Farhad Reza
6. Mashrafee ( Vice captain )
7. Mushfique
8. Rafique
9. Razzak
10. Shahadat
11. Rassel

after rafique retires, how 'bout: -

1. tamim
2. nafis iqbal
3. shakzie
4. ash (capt)
5. alok
6. aftab
7. mushi
8. mash (v. capt)
9. razz
10. rajib
11. rasel

fwullah
May 21, 2007, 11:18 AM
Try not to putt so much pressure on him. He is a national treasure. Try to preserve him.

Ashraful is also a national treasure that we should preserve and we should not put so much pressure on Ashraful, as well.

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
Ashraful is also a national treasure that we should preserve and we should not put so much pressure on Ashraful, as well.

ditto... :)

BD-Shardul
May 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
Mortaza should be the captain of Bangldesh. His performance and consistency puts him ahead of Ashraful. With Mortaza as captain, my ODI line up will be

Tamim Iqbal
SN Ahmed
Aftab Ahmed
Shakib Al Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful (Vice Captain)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza (Captain)
Mohammad Rafiq
Abdur Razzaq
Sayed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

zahid
May 21, 2007, 11:25 AM
He is prone to injury. That's why we can't ....

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 11:26 AM
Mortaza should be the captain of Bangldesh. His performance and consistency puts him ahead of Ashraful. With Mortaza as captain, my ODI line up will be

Tamim Iqbal
SN Ahmed
Aftab Ahmed
Shakib Al Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful (Vice Captain)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza (Captain)
Mohammad Rafiq
Abdur Razzaq
Sayed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

great team, i'd have alok in there and have the two nafises face each other off for the top spot... but there's a lot more to captaincy than consistency and gumption... ash is clearly the man while mash remains the inspiration... :)

m35helal
May 21, 2007, 11:26 AM
He is one of our best allrounders.

radagast
May 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
IMO a leader should be aggressive, be able to show restrain when needed, have earned the respect or the team, most importantly have that do or die mentality (you might be able to take me to the loser lane, but you will have to drag me there kicking and screaming). Mash does fit the bill. Same time he IS uite injury prone. Don’t stone me for saying this - I do think he has the maturity and is quite able to lead our team. We will never know unless we try him out, now will we?!

JamesBond
May 21, 2007, 11:47 AM
Mash has problems with his fitness...how can u depend on a captain who isnt even consistent in appearance in all the games??

Rajowana
May 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
im not sooo sure about mash being captain.... i mean every time a bd player has been chosen to be captain or vice captain they dont play as well!!! eg. bashar. nafees and from 2days game ash (but then again cant judge from one bad game) c now that nafees is not vice captain he actually played well

yep true true.

genius5000
May 21, 2007, 12:22 PM
i think its rediculous to say that an allrounder shouldnt take the captaincy
dont forget IMARAN KHAN !!!
we should have more aggressive attitude - Mashrafee is the right man for it!

mash's fitness excuse will take us backward
ash is a brilliant player but look at his consistency ...
under pressured as vc
he is too young and still talks like a kid!

Whatmore & Bashar are our bad influence - they make us feel minnow everytime!
they tell the boys in the dressing room "hey let's make this match draw"
and now we see that we can even win it !
they tell the boys "we are here only to be in Super 8"
then we saw the team we beat SA gets to the semi and loose against Ire - shame!

stop underestimate yourself
get 'we are the best' attitude
that will do!

genius5000
May 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
the TEAM from Mirpur on ...

keep them for both ODI/Test
n0 need to stick with the old formula
we need to be innovative before the others!

1. Tamim
2. Sakib
3. Mashrafi (capt)
4. Ashraful (vc)
5. Aftab
6. Nafees
7. Mushfiq (wk)
8. Razzak
9. Shahadat
10. Rafiq
11. Rasel

rubel_18
May 21, 2007, 01:33 PM
I quite like the line up but I don't quite agree with giving Mash the captaincy as I feel it wud cause a lot of pressure on him being captain as well as opening bowler.

genius5000
May 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
Imran Khan is the answer to your doubt on mashrafee's captaincy

Evolution
May 21, 2007, 01:50 PM
by giving him the captaincy we are just going to loose a great agressive player......

Rajowana
May 21, 2007, 01:54 PM
by giving him the captaincy we are just going to loose a great agressive player......

yep i agree.

ahms
May 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
Captaincy is not a fun-fair, nor it is a mere honor. It is a responsibility. Responsibility of whole team including your own performance. Hasn't he taken enough responsibility (with bowl and bat) for the team/BD already? It is unnecessary to put captaincy in his shoulder. Note that he deserves the honor of captaincy, but we shouldn't weigh him down. I wish him very best with bowl like McGrath/Vaas/Wasim Akram.

rubel_18
May 21, 2007, 02:09 PM

Exactly what I was saying.

mbssr
May 22, 2007, 01:35 AM
I have a feeling that If we find a good pacer the whole lineups will be out of date. No more 3 spinners.

And I guess we will see more openers in few days. batting spots will seriously change in one year from now. Just keep checking.

Timtim
May 22, 2007, 02:10 AM
The captain should not be chosen based on his performance, but his ability to lead (even under pressure), take decisions based on the situation, social skills and his overall level of understanding on the game,