PDA

View Full Version : Who can provide an update on Talha Jubair?

Aritro
May 21, 2007, 11:31 AM
Haven't seen him bowl since 2003 and have no idea how he's doing. Why has his career stagnated so much?

Has he added any muscle to his frame and increased his pace?

Can anyone provide his stats from this National League season? I remembering seeing that he'd performed steadily without setting the world on fire.

He certainly hasn't done much in his most recent List A games, and seems to have been pushed out of the picture altogether.

Also, I'm really curious to know whether he's actually 21 years old as his official age suggests or whether we can attribute this to a creative interpretation of the words 'Date of Birth'. Anyone know him who can confirm?

Miraz
May 21, 2007, 11:40 AM
Here's some info.

Talha was sidelined by injury for most part of National league 2006-07

He played 4 first class matches in the later part of the league and took 12 wickets.

He also played one un-official tests against Sri Lanka A and took 1 wicket and remained wicketless in the list A match against the same opposition in April 2007 in Colombo. (last month)

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.cricketarchive.com/cgi-bin/player_oracle_reveals_results2.cgi?playernumber=24 330&playername=talha&playernameexact=&displayplayername=Talha%20Jubair&team=&teamexact=&opponent=&opponentexact=&captain=&wicketkeeper=&homeawaytype=All&matchtype=All&resulttype=All&startseason=&endseason=&searchtype=MatchList&startscore=&endscore=&startwicket=&endwicket=&branding=cricketarchive
This is all his games that he played.

Domestic Cricket he is doing fine. The tour in SL wasn't that good. Wasn't good for anyone actually.

Aritro
May 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that gents.

Can anyone who's seen him bowl recently confirm whether he's added any muscle?

Also, I'm fairly suspicious that he'd be around 23 but am happy to be convinced that he's actually 21 as his passport states. Anyone?

SMHasan
May 21, 2007, 12:44 PM
I liked this Talha very much when he played against the WI in the home series back in 2002/03. Ian Bishop came in Bangladesh as a commentator and remarked that he got a bright future ahead. Now after 4 years on he failed to shine, reasons are injury and lack of proper nurture.

Not only Talha but also there were some other bowlers and batsmen who promised a lot but did not keep their promise. We have no lack of talents but we need to make sure that we are nurturing them properly. They are our assets. Today if Mashrafee or SH gets injured then Talha or someone like him should have taken the slot but sadly they are still out of the picture.

Hope BCB takes some measures to help them to recover. I heard Cricket Academy is going to do the same thing, anyone knows about it?