PDA

View Full Version : Why for Bashars head in Tests

Huda
May 21, 2007, 02:56 PM
Many of you seem to have forgotton Bashar is the best test bastmen we have, look at his average, that tells the story. We haven't played test cricket for 13 months until now and people are calling for his head in the test sqaud. I agree he should be dropped from the ODI squad and should retire, but test cricket is completely different, look at michael vaughan. Give Bashar time, we cant judge on one innings he has played since more than a year in test cricket.

Mike
May 21, 2007, 03:02 PM
Useless thread about usless Bashar.

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 03:11 PM
Useless thread about usless Bashar.

amen...:D

6alltheway
May 21, 2007, 03:13 PM
stats speak for them selfs, 0 runs in test and ODI!

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 03:16 PM
stats speak for them selfs, 0 runs in test and ODI!

VOLUMES... and volumes...and volumes...and volumes...and volumes...and volumes...and volumes... can somebody get the picture please...:smug:

Sauron
May 21, 2007, 03:38 PM
Many of you seem to have forgotton Bashar is the best test bastmen we have, look at his average, that tells the story. We haven't played test cricket for 13 months until now and people are calling for his head in the test sqaud. I agree he should be dropped from the ODI squad and should retire, but test cricket is completely different, look at michael vaughan. Give Bashar time, we cant judge on one innings he has played since more than a year in test cricket.

Huda keno hudai kotha bolo?

Give Bashar more time? - how long do you suggest?

Fortuner
May 21, 2007, 04:04 PM
useless threads.we dint 4get.we all know it.

biddut
May 21, 2007, 04:07 PM
There is nothing with bad form. But have you seen how he was out? He played like a child, not like a Captain, not like a dependable batsman. He played recklessly and he should pay price for it.

zahid
May 21, 2007, 04:28 PM
Give Bashar more time? - how long do you suggest?

Shara jibon shomoy dileyo kichu hoibo na! :floor:

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2007, 04:32 PM
And we dropped Aftab for what? Reckless shots??

rubel_18
May 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
why don't you understand that no matter how much time you give to this guy he will play crap. He is past his peak and we cant just give him time to come back to form which won't happen anyway, so instead we should put someone else who is younger and deserves to get a chance.

billah
May 21, 2007, 04:55 PM
HB has nothing more to offer, ODI or test.

Reason: There has been a generation leap in Bangladesh cricket that HB missed.

Case closed.

BonBon
May 21, 2007, 04:58 PM
... look at michael vaughan. .

Yeah, Vaughn is another shameless junk who used to loiter the dressing room unwanted during the last Ashes. Yet he is good captain. I guess you dont get the idea that scoring is just the tip of Hablu's problem iceberg.

Fazal
May 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
Forget about head, right now, I don't even want to see his tail anywhere near the team.

Tehsin
May 21, 2007, 05:25 PM
He doesn't have to retire per se. If he is indeed 34 (if the birth certificate were not doctored), he can always make a comeback. What he needs now is to take a break from it all and find his form back through the domestic cricket league. I have no problem with him getting his form back while he is out of the team.

Even though his recent form deserves it, I'll try not to bash bashar. Captaining, heck, even representing your nation in any int'l sports take s a lot of courage and dedication. Maybe he snapped. :)

BonBon
May 21, 2007, 06:19 PM
Many of you seem to have forgotton Bashar is the best test bastmen we have......,.

Are beta oi rogei to Goru ta morlo :mad:

Mike
May 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
For what reason these guys are considering Bashar in the Test/ODI. He should be rested at least for his own good.

Imtiazk
May 21, 2007, 07:38 PM

You have just reminded me that Bashar and Vaughan should both retire ! There is no such thing as a freehold in captaincy.

How long do we have go on about the best average ? If that is the criterion then Sobers should now be playing for the West Indies ! One day everyone's time is up; Bashar's came sometime back.

Imtiazk
May 21, 2007, 07:44 PM
He doesn't have to retire per se. If he is indeed 34 (if the birth certificate were not doctored), he can always make a comeback. What he needs now is to take a break from it all and find his form back through the domestic cricket league. I have no problem with him getting his form back while he is out of the team. :)

Tehsin, being the supremo of BC you can get away questioning Bashar's BCert. Last year, during the ODI's against the Aussies when he was scoring a string of 50's [ and effectively putting us out of the game in the process ], I questioned his fitness [ emanating from a serious failure to rotate strike ] and his age and, by God, did I get some flak !

To put it conservatively, we are talking 4 years here and, boy, it shows !

amadergaan
May 21, 2007, 09:31 PM
I didn't want to open a new thread for this.....so here goes..best seller book from bashar.

http://www.rubance.com/cricket/90s.jpg

Zunaid
May 21, 2007, 11:40 PM
ODIs. sure.

Tests? Can we wait?

http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif
Statsguru - Habibul Bashar - Tests - Innings by innings list
Habibul Bashar [Player Page (http://statserver.cricket.org/bangladesh/content/player/55906.html)] - RHB; OB
Born: 1972-08-17 (present age: 34y 278d)
Tests: Bangladesh 2000/01 - 2005/06 (28y 85d - 33y 246d)
Also: <nobr>ODI Player (http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?sdb=filter;playerid=2204&class=odiplayer) 1994/95 - 2007</nobr>.
Filter: most recent 10 matches.
Sort order: chronological.
<hr>
Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St

unfiltered 42 2838 113 34.60 3 24 0 - - 0 19 0

filtered 10 700 94 35.00 0 7 - - - - 1 0</pre>

Zunaid
May 21, 2007, 11:51 PM
Bashar leads the way for Bangladesh (http://content-www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/141272.html)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="j">Bangladesh 278 for 7 (Bashar 113, Ashraful 65*) v West Indies Scorecard. A century from Habibul Bashar, the captain, boosted Bangladesh to 278 for 7 on the ...</td></tr></tbody></table>

kalpurush
May 21, 2007, 11:56 PM
ODIs. sure.

Tests? Can we wait?

Yes! We can!!But, give us a break for now!!!
And Bashar too!Let him play with his kid...it's family time!!:-D