PDA

View Full Version : Show me what you got

chinaman
May 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, here's the deal for you, Dravid. Score as much as you can on or before the first 15 overs tomorrow and then throw up the challenge by declaring. We can promise by the name of cricketunnessa that we'll take up the challenge and will not play for draw. As a friendly guesture, we will also promise not to send Masrafee early on. Deal? Just make sure to call Sharad Pawar first. Let's roll now.

Miraz
May 21, 2007, 04:46 PM
Dravid is not ready to take the risk.

I bet, he will play safe. The weather forecast is not good, that's the main problem.

sensible
May 21, 2007, 04:46 PM
not going to happen.....Dravid has enough challenge on hand before taking yours....The biggest of all is the captency....Definitely, he would want to play it safe......

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
minimum 30 overs. with a target of 300+ runs in 65 overs. So they will have to bowl us out after lunch. The way our star players are playing that can happen. Remember the prediction of our captain?

If the weather takes out 10 overs it would a draw.

BonBon
May 21, 2007, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately, its not about Dravid or any IN personnel; its our player (aptly pointed out by TigersEye) that can make anything happen. Which kind of teamscore 116/6 on a batting track like this? So, I am afraid anything can happen (including IN score upto lunch and we get decimated - and Hablu convert his first innings duck to a spectacle)

Nafis_BD
May 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
Ok, here's the deal for you, Dravid. Score as much as you can on or before the first 15 overs tomorrow and then throw up the challenge by declaring. We can promise by the name of cricketunnessa that we'll take up the challenge and will not play for draw. As a friendly guesture, we will also promise not to send Masrafee early on. Deal? Just make sure to call Sharad Pawar first. Let's roll now.

Dravid will never take that challenge he will play really safe because he knows that we have the ability to cause an upset and if he does that chances are that we will cause an upset tomorrow although it will be interesting if he does that tomorrow!!!!

cricketunnessa

Bhaiya could u pls tell me where I could get one of that???:lol: :D

Fazal
May 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
I think Dravid knows that we are bluffing. We have nothing to show for.

sadi
May 21, 2007, 08:27 PM
If they want to bowl us out, they need atleast 70+ overs to do so. I mean our batsmen can play stupid shots anytime and throw their wickets but realistically speaking, they atleast need that many overs. Specially when Kumble is not fully fit. So I wouldn't be surprised if India go for shots after seeing first few overs and declare half an hour before lunch. They are the one who needs it most. They are the one who need to take the risk.

Ahmed_B
May 22, 2007, 04:47 AM
Well... the challenge is on! And now I am scared! :)

Miraz
May 22, 2007, 04:50 AM
Bangladesh have nothing to lose, IMO. If we lose, that will be a sporting loss after chasing for victory.

Winning chance against India in a Test is definitely a rare opportunity for Bangladesh. If we can achieve that, nothing can match this achievement.

PoorFan
May 22, 2007, 04:54 AM
Surprised to see the game is going on as chinaman demanded! Great chinaman never fail.:)

Surfer
May 22, 2007, 05:19 AM
Credit to both sides for keeping it interesting even on the last day...

RazabQ
May 22, 2007, 06:34 AM
Well Dravid made the sporting declaration. Our pathetic think tank chickened out and did not go for the win :(

Ahmed_B
May 22, 2007, 07:03 AM
Very depressing decision by the team giving it up in the midway!

cricket_pagol
May 22, 2007, 07:07 AM
Well Dravid made the sporting declaration. Our pathetic think tank chickened out and did not go for the win :(

Bravo Dravid!!! Bashar & Management, please don't embarrass us like this!

WarWolf
May 22, 2007, 07:26 AM
Our think tank has shown what they got in their brains.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:30 AM
Our think thank has shown what they got in their brains.

i don't see the think part... must be going blind from all the bitterness... :hairpull:

sadi
May 22, 2007, 08:07 AM
We just failed to show what we got today.

bapzmania
May 22, 2007, 08:14 AM
We just failed to show what we got today.

agree

DJ Sahastra
May 22, 2007, 11:59 AM

Well Chinaman, what can i say about Dravid :).

And what can i say about "we'll take up the challenge" or "Show us what you got" :).

It's all said (and shown) and done for and will be remembered for the Banglatime immemorial - atleast by some :).

Added Later: There wasn't much for me to smile about until this thread :)

criccric
May 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well Chinaman, what can i say about Dravid :).

And what can i say about "we'll take up the challenge" or "Show us what you got" :).

It's all said (and shown) and done for and will be remembered for the Banglatime immemorial - atleast by some :).

Added Later: There wasn't much for me to smile about until this thread :)

At the risk of being ridiculed, I will also go as far to say that this goes quite a distance to alleviate India's WC pain. This will remind BD, always, of the opportunity that BD failed to latch.

Make no mistake, India were terrible and DJ, this was a terrible Indian performance and aptly put in CI by Sidharth Monga - Bad cricket, best forgotten.

But I hope Chinaman had not retired and contribute his thoughts.

JamesBond
May 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
*sniffle*

DJ Sahastra
May 22, 2007, 09:58 PM
Make no mistake, India were terrible and DJ, this was a terrible Indian performance and aptly put in CI by Sidharth Monga - Bad cricket, best forgotten..

Seems like you missed the first part of my statement "There wasn't much for me to smile about until this thread ".

Beamer
May 22, 2007, 10:15 PM
It made the game interseting. Thats all. 100/6 prompted him to avoid the ignominy of 140/all out type of scenario. It was a face saving move that made the game interesting!

Protic
May 23, 2007, 04:17 AM
It wasnt sporty..but a right decision at the end.
A team like bangladesh..who rarely gets a draw playing in test matches..they didnt wanted to risk a draw when it seemed impossible to win.. We gotta understand their abilities.

criccric
May 23, 2007, 06:02 AM
Seems like you missed the first part of my statement "There wasn't much for me to smile about until this thread ".

No, I did not miss it. And I fully concur. It was terrible cricket all round - thats the point I was trying to make.

Ganguly da
May 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
Let's see if Kumble finally makes a difference...

Protic
May 23, 2007, 02:06 PM
Gangu Da : I doubt he could.. He's a great spinner.. but Bangladeshi batsman are kinda habituated playing faster in the air,no turn type of spin bowlers.. but again.. Kumble is a star..he could make a difference.