PDA

View Full Version : TC Media session with Mashrafe and Shahadat

Hatebreed
May 21, 2007, 06:30 PM
Showstoppers speak
Noman Mohammad
21-May-2007

<table class="tablestyle" id="Table3" style="border-collapse: collapse;" bordercolordark="#000080" bordercolorlight="#006699" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="120"> <tbody><tr> <td>http://www.tigercricket.com/Image/
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> CHITTAGONG: Media sessions with Bangladesh fast bowlers Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and Shahadat Hossain Rajib are a delight for all mainly because these two speak their mind and are always expressive.

Shahadat in particular packs an innate innocence which is amusing and also gratifying because many professional cricketers these days often come across to be emotionless stereotypes infront of the mikes and cameras.

Having taken nine out of the 10 Indian wickets to fall so far in the first Test and after featuring in a crucial 77-run stand that has probably saved the match for Bangladesh it was inevitable that the two stars of the show would face the media and they took it into their stride:

Mashrafe Mortaza

(Whether the time has come to consider him as an all-rounder)
My priority is bowling. I feel that I still have to improve a lot in that department. At the same time I try to give my best for the team while batting.

(If he and Shahadat believed that they could save the follow on)
Shahadat helped me a lot. When he came to the crease he kept telling me that we could save the follow on. He was probably more confident than I was. We decided that we would not give up and we had that genuine belief during that partnership.

(If he was disappointed with the top order batsmen)
No. We backed them up today and they support us during our bad times.

(How he planned his innings)
I tried to play my natural game.

(Whether he was disappointed at missing a hundred)
Not really but I have to admit that during our partnership I thought that if Shahadat could make a fifty then I would end up with a century.

Shahadat Hossain

(His plan against Sachin Tendulkar)
I tried to go with my natural bowling against him.

(On the eyeball to eyeball with Tendulkar)
It is not only Sachin, I do that to all the batsmen. I gave Ricky Ponting a stare or two also because he is the best player of pull shot in the world and I backed myself against him. I don’t think it helps (laughs) but that is the natural aggression of a fast bowler and comes natural to me.

(What he told Mortaza in the middle during their partnership)
I went to the crease and told Mashrafe, “Mate, you are the best batsman in our side. You have an ODI fifty. And if India could bat so well on this wicket, why can’t we? So let’s try hard. Surely we can save the follow on.”

(On his batting)
Bowling is my prime task but I also enjoy my batting when the team needs me most like today.

(On the pitch)
The wicket was very good. I even played the pull shot which I do not normally attempt.

(Whether it was possible to save the match if Bangladesh has to bat two sessions or more)
It is possible. Look, in cricket impossible is nothing.

TigerCricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=373)

MohammedC
May 21, 2007, 06:50 PM
Well done to Mashrafee and Shahadat and rest of the bangladesh team also.

gatekeeper
May 21, 2007, 07:06 PM
Lovely to see this level of confidence and commitment. Very good sign for our cricket.

IanW
May 21, 2007, 07:13 PM
This pair are the core of the Tigers attack for a long, long time.

I want to see them hunting as a pair on a pitch that gives something to quicks ...

Ian Whitchurch

tiger_omar
May 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
It's wonderful to see this sort of confidence from our two strike bowlers. Hopefully Shahadat can hit line and length consistently so he can play in the ODI's as well. When Rafique retires we should have 3 pacers in our team with 2 spinners instead of the other way around.

ornov
May 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
This is how to show and tell -- well done

cricket_pagol
May 21, 2007, 09:38 PM
Mashrafee and Shahadat saved the day... the future looks promising for these guys.

gatekeeper
May 21, 2007, 11:38 PM
This pair are the core of the Tigers attack for a long, long time.

I want to see them hunting as a pair on a pitch that gives something to quicks ...

Ian Whitchurch

These two are actually good enough to make things happen on pitches that don't offer much to the quicks. This very test is an example.

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2007, 08:43 AM
Did anyone catch the NTV interview after end of the 4th day. I loved the way shahadat spoke.

He was very serious when saying, "O Bangladesh'er best batsman" pointing towards Mash. It was not a joke and his face said that he truely believed his statement. This must have hurt any of the batsmen we have in our team. I simply loved it.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 08:54 AM
the buiraz need to learn from these two... :D