PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with BCB????

betaar
May 21, 2007, 10:22 PM
:hairpull: :hairpull:

Pawar could be next ICC boss
Pti, Ahmedabad

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Monday claimed that it had enough support to get its president Sharad Pawar elected as the head of International Cricket Council (ICC).

"Our (BCCI) president becoming ICC president is very important. Cricket is highest popular game in India so why not a president from India," said BCCI secretary Nirajan Shah.
"Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and South Africa are supporting Pawar so why should the next ICC president not be from India," he added.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/05/22/d70522041041.htm

What's wrong with BCB? Don't they have any [] or they are just BCCI's []??

I mean, the board, presided by an arrogant politician, that has been denying BD of any matches on their soil is being backed up by our god damn spineless management to run for ICC's presidency? This is the same person that showed no respect to ICC's FTP and we are supporting him as a president of ICC? What a farce? I am feeling like aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

This explains why 6 of BCCI's high profile executives toured BD. I am sorry guys, I am too mad to type........

PoorFan
May 21, 2007, 11:03 PM
I seriously doubt if he win the place of ICC president, so relax it's all being a part of politics. BCB did the right thing for her better interest.

Kabir
May 21, 2007, 11:08 PM
What would you expect BCB to do? Say "No Pawar dada...go back to India, ICC will pay you lunch money, and we sure can't let that happen to you"?

Sometimes, you should think of things tactfuly. It's not for BCCI's interest that BCB would ever back this option, it's of BD's interest too. So, as PoorFan said, relax. This is probably politically correct.

betaar
May 21, 2007, 11:26 PM
What would you expect BCB to do? Say "No Pawar dada...go back to India, ICC will pay you lunch money, and we sure can't let that happen to you"?

Sometimes, you should think of things tactfuly. It's not for BCCI's interest that BCB would ever back this option, it's of BD's interest too. So, as PoorFan said, relax. This is probably politically correct.

Can either of you explain how this is a correct political move by BCB?

Zunaid
May 21, 2007, 11:27 PM
This is probably politically correct.

Why?

kalpurush
May 21, 2007, 11:30 PM
...chur poribarer hoiley bhag upnatey asey!...poriman kom...tatey asubidha nai!!
Miya bhai...goriber anek somoy rag dekhaitey nai!!!...Poor Fan er Imran bhai koisey na - just relax...boss.;)

Special 1
May 21, 2007, 11:30 PM
BEcause it is not a one shot game. it may be a small sacrifice BCB is making right now, which may pay off in the future. It is well developed idea in political studies, sth to do with strategic interaction.

Zunaid
May 21, 2007, 11:37 PM
BEcause it is not a one shot game. it may be a small sacrifice BCB is making right now, which may pay off in the future. It is well developed idea in political studies, sth to do with strategic interaction.

A "strategic interaction" must eventually pay off after some time. It hasn't been worth it for us. Time to reset our alliances and dispatch of useless and impotent "allies".

kalpurush
May 21, 2007, 11:43 PM
A "strategic interaction" must eventually pay off after some time. It hasn't been worth it for us. Time to reset our alliances and dispatch of useless and impotent "allies".

It takes some bold leadership to do so. Do we posses it?
I agree with you though.:)

MysoreHuli
May 21, 2007, 11:55 PM
Do u think BD can gain support from other cricketing nations such as Eng, Aus, NZ in any matters. Only Asian countries will support it, so its natural and the right way for BCB to support BCCI for its own future.

mafizraju
May 22, 2007, 12:04 AM
What BCCI has done for BCB that warrants this support? I would rather support the australian James Sutherland for the post. No matter how much I like to see the change in the old guard of ICC, I womt vote for Pawar. Pawar must be Power hungry. He being the ICC cheif would financially benefit no other board than BCCI. BCCI is allready too strong for my own comfort. No disrespect to Billion Indians, but I think there could be better options

layperson
May 22, 2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe I am not intelligent enough to foresee the future benefits or why the decision is politically correct. To me this shows the spineless nature of BCB. In today's world it is not necessary to stick to people of same colour and culture. Of all the cricket boards CA has helped us the most in developing our cricket after we got the test status albeit some of the Australian players were against out test status. I think we should grow some spine and stick to boards who reciprocrate the support. BCB has supported BCCI before and have been given the cold shoulder one too many times regarding scheduled tours. I suggest BCB should not support BCCI in their bid to put Sharad pawar in ICC's top post. I would agree if India put in someone more worthy like Ravi Shastri for the post then supporting him would make sense but not the likes of Sharad Pawar or even Sunil Gavaskar. Interestingly I do not see Pakistan's name in the list of boards supporting them. I think we have moved forward without BCCI's support after gaining the test status and are more than capable of moving forward without their support in the future. Dignity is a very important aspect of human charateristics and being spineless is a sign of lack of dignity.

ammark
May 22, 2007, 12:33 AM
Do u think BD can gain support from other cricketing nations such as Eng, Aus, NZ in any matters. Only Asian countries will support it, so its natural and the right way for BCB to support BCCI for its own future.

English cricket circles have been very supportive of Bangladesh cricket since 2005. Prior to that there was skepticism, but now they're more supportive of our cricket more than ever. Cricket Australia has been the SINGLE partner in making Bangladeshi Cricket at the level that it is right now. Throughout BCCI has been a self-conceited talk-shop, while Pakistan, NZ, SA, SL and WI has stayed more or less neutral. BCB really does have to grow a spine and elect those that will be good for world cricket, and not some hot air blowing sinister people like Sharad Pawar

PoorFan
May 22, 2007, 01:10 AM
If India is to win ICC presidency, still they need atleast two more nations support, Pakistan, Zimbo and West Indies could be among them. Pakistan will be supporting India since she is also member of asian block and always supported each other as a block. Rest of Zimbo & West Indies, India have to buy out at least one of them to win the race. If India lose this race for one or two vote ( without BD support ), they will always blame BD for that matter till end of the world, and will label us as TRAITOR, given that they supported our test status strongly. On the other hand If they win, it will be recorded we supported them for their great cause ( first time after we got our test status ).

Now if we look further, I am sure India will compete again for ICC presidency even if they lose this time. And next time it will be easy to convince more nations in their favor, and that time BD support may not make any difference. So why should we take a risk of being labeled as TRAITOR when their wining chance is less then 50% this time?

Shafin
May 22, 2007, 03:03 AM
BCB should mature and support CA,who has supported us,not some talk-all-I-am-your-only-big-brother Indian Bighead who is not even satisfied with a Ministry and wants more.Its time we look at the past.Who was there when we needed help?Who has given us structural support?
The Black-white or Asian-white thing is just pure BS to keep BCCI strong.

Shafin
May 22, 2007, 03:05 AM
Can you please add a pole with options?

betaar
May 22, 2007, 10:27 AM
If India is to win ICC presidency, still they need atleast two more nations support, Pakistan, Zimbo and West Indies could be among them. Pakistan will be supporting India since she is also member of asian block and always supported each other as a block. Rest of Zimbo & West Indies, India have to buy out at least one of them to win the race. If India lose this race for one or two vote ( without BD support ), they will always blame BD for that matter till end of the world, and will label us as TRAITOR, given that they supported our test status strongly. On the other hand If they win, it will be recorded we supported them for their great cause ( first time after we got our test status ).

Now if we look further, I am sure India will compete again for ICC presidency even if they lose this time. And next time it will be easy to convince more nations in their favor, and that time BD support may not make any difference. So why should we take a risk of being labeled as TRAITOR when their wining chance is less then 50% this time?

Traitor???? Why would BD be a traitor? :hairpull:

Mr. Dalmia of BCCI helped our elevation to test status to add another vote to his armory to have an Asin veto power in ICC. So we both got what we wanted, but look at the way they treated us then. The same pattern is evident in their role on our independence and then mistreating us with their geo-politics.