PDA

View Full Version : Sending Rajin? The worst decision in the test History!

SMHasan
May 22, 2007, 06:01 AM
I am shocked. Such a great chance to win this match but sending Rajin this time almost ruined the match.

It is Dave the conservative. Even Habibul tried to accelerate but this [edit] Dave is letting us down. He took a dumb decision to send Rajin. I am not happy.

nmhimal
May 22, 2007, 06:19 AM
me too, not happy at all

SMHasan
May 22, 2007, 06:27 AM
Not only sending Rajin but also not going for the win. I don't know who takes the the decisions.

Today was the day we could show our courage but we showed we are simply a bunch of Kapurush. Lack of killing instinct and confidence.

If we don't try to win and don't go for the win then when we are going to do it? Thanks Allah Dave is leaving. He is [edit]. Pardon me.

Aritro
It was already over by then any way, we needed to lift the tempo earlier.

cricket_pagol
I think all the people involved with this decision should take the blame... bashar, Dav and the management. All of them suck!!!

Rabz
May 22, 2007, 06:29 AM
Guess Whatmore didnt wanna upset his new bosses !!
Its a draw match.
At least he can brag about how his team managed a draw against india!!

Poor poor decision.

It would have always been a hard to win from that situation, but there was no harm done in trying to. A winning platform was set up and the opportunity was created, only to be wasted.

Beginning of the test match, i'd hv settled with a draw with big smile on my face.
But the way it came, leaves me a bit less satisfied.

Looking forward to the next match.

cricket_pagol
May 22, 2007, 06:30 AM
It was already over by then any way, we needed to lift the tempo earlier.

I agree... but the fact that they acted like loser is an embarrassment!!! They just did not try :(

cricket_pagol
May 22, 2007, 06:31 AM
Beginning of the test match, i'd hv settled with a draw with big smile on my face.
But the way it came, leaves me a bit less satisfied.

I agree... and definitely feeling very frustrated!!!

BostonTigers
May 22, 2007, 06:39 AM
Very frustrating and upsetting to see how BD went about the job when they could have bagged a lot of praise by going for the win. I just can't believe they did'nt make an effort towards it. Now all cricket gurus are going to go crazy praising India for that sporting and positive cricket and label us with loser mentality. Very sad.

SMHasan
May 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
So in the presentation ceremony Habibul said 'Well, the intention was not to loose too many wickets early on. We knew it was gonna be difficult and if we didn't loose early wickets we could have .. '

The question is did we loose too many wickets earlier on? Self contradictory comments from Bashar.

Shame.

BostonTigers
May 22, 2007, 06:44 AM
If we don't try to win and don't go for the win then when we are going to do it? Thanks Allah Dave is leaving. He is [edit]. Pardon me.[/quote]

On the otherhand going for a win and giving India a scare would have definately secured his job as the coach with the Indian team.

SMHasan
May 22, 2007, 06:46 AM
If we don't try to win and don't go for the win then when we are going to do it? Thanks Allah Dave is leaving. He is [edit]. Pardon me.

On the otherhand going for a win and giving India a scare would have definately secured his job as the coach with the Indian team.

Edited.

sunny747
May 22, 2007, 06:48 AM
Bangladesh should have tried more..sending mash or rafique and try a bit.......again i'm quite happy with how it ended. Atleast we picked up some quick wickets and batting was not at all bad comparing the first innings. Whereas indian 2nd inning was collupsing but Bd batsman showed some maturity on the same pitch. Remember, test match aint that easy to score quick runs.
Congradulatioin Bangladesh and thank you Dravid for your heroic decision.

PS: one more thing, some of you guys bashing at DAVE....really hurted here and shows your ability as a great fan...you are judgin him by one test match only??...........typical bangali habit of goin after our coach when he is leaving.......pathetic.........
I really dont know what's wrong with this forum......

BostonTigers
May 22, 2007, 06:49 AM
So in the presentation ceremony Habibul said 'Well, the intention was not to loose too many wickets early on. We knew it was gonna be difficult and if we didn't loose early wickets we could have .. '

The question is did we loose too many wickets earlier on? Self contradictory comments from Bashar.

Shame.

Habibul Bashar is a very timid and negative player and that just showed in the presentation ceremony and clearly reflects in his captaincy. I really don't know how as a captain one can pass out an opportunity to win like this and still be smiling at the presentation ceremony and say that he is satisfied because they did not play enough test cricket in the last 13 months. For God sakes, this was the perfect one day scenario in a test match.

israr
May 22, 2007, 06:54 AM
Bashar and Dave, please go away from Bangladesh.

SMHasan
May 22, 2007, 06:54 AM
Habibul Bashar is a very timid and negative player and that just showed in the presentation ceremony and clearly reflects in his captaincy. I really don't know how as a captain one can pass out an opportunity to win like this and still be smiling at the presentation ceremony and say that he is satisfied because they did not play enough test cricket in the last 13 months. For God sakes, this was the perfect one day scenario in a test match.

Thank you.

Mohiul
May 22, 2007, 07:02 AM
Bashar & Dave should seek appology officially for this bad decision

PoorFan
May 22, 2007, 07:11 AM

Shame.
Hmmm ... Now I feel like that declare and putting Rajin to bat at the end ... all are part of setup drama perhaps!?!? The poor guy dont even know how to tell a decent lie?!

PoorFan
May 22, 2007, 07:12 AM
BD fans deserve a decent EXPLANATION!

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:14 AM
HaBa sets the batting order... honestly guys, what did you expect??? /:)

Aritro
May 22, 2007, 07:16 AM

His comments after the game suggest that they were at least entertaining the possibility of winning this one at the start of the innings. If that was the case, why would he have put Rajin in at number 4?

CricFanBD
May 22, 2007, 07:19 AM
Not only the worst decision in the test History...the most pathetic decision in the world cricket....I feel so embarrassed...

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:20 AM
His comments after the game suggest that they were at least entertaining the possibility of winning this one at the start of the innings. If that was the case, why would he have put Rajin in at number 4?

exactly... he's just trying to get out of the jam he has put himself into... :smug:

Sumon77
May 22, 2007, 07:21 AM
Totally dissapointed with the loser mentality. whats wrong with them? now we know why Bahsar is so timid and doesnt do anything new in the field... he never learnt since his Guru didnt teach. dissapointed with Dev and happy to say bye to him.

Sumon77
May 22, 2007, 07:22 AM
ya...Bashar sets the order, but Dev can change it depending on the situation.

Sumon77
May 22, 2007, 07:24 AM
And now before the next test we are in back foot... indians morally won.. they did draw but they tried their best to win.

Surfer
May 22, 2007, 07:29 AM
I didnt like the way the gave up with a session to spare. They could have at least come in for some batting practice. India obviouly didnt want to give them the batting practice, proposed a draw and BD accepted it.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:32 AM
ya...Bashar sets the order, but Dev can change it depending on the situation.

dav doesn't... situational changes are scripted beforehand... the aussie system.

shihabBD
May 22, 2007, 07:47 AM
Something was must be fishy!!!!!!!! bangladesh had a good chace to win the match, suddenly wat happened nobody know, just every1 was so shocked, wat been happening,, BCCI called Shastri, Shastri called whatemore, and wahtmore did the job!!!

Rabz
May 22, 2007, 07:50 AM
And now before the next test we are in back foot... indians morally won.. they did draw but they tried their best to win.

Which part was a moral victory for India??
They have managed to draw a test match against Bangladesh.( even after the rain bit playing the biggest part).

We were at 116/6 at one stage only to be revived by a late surge by Mashrafee and Shahadat.
That is our opening bowlers, not batsmen.

IF our bowlers can bat like that, think how mediocre indian bowling looks like.
IF it wasnt Bangladesh, they would hv probably lost the match.

Both teams have positive to take from the match, and id say, us more than them.
Test match after 13 months.. not a bad performance.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:52 AM
Something was must be fishy!!!!!!!! bangladesh had a good chace to win the match, suddenly wat happened nobody know, just every1 was so shocked, wat been happening,, BCCI called Shastri, Shastri called whatemore, and wahtmore did the job!!!

very cute... we had an outside chance of winning the game, thanks to dravid's declaration... the point is that HaBa gave up without even trying to go for it... smoking gun? the batting order... HaBa sets it, not dav :-|

Hatebreed
May 22, 2007, 07:55 AM
India could not have won without letting us bat. I think RD made a brave decision by declaring when he did, to let us have a go and may be pick up early wickets. Even then it was a gettable score, we just went into loser mode like we usually do.

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2007, 07:56 AM
What my signature say?

cricket_dorshok
May 22, 2007, 07:59 AM
The worst decision in the test History!
the worst decession came from the worst captain in the history of cricket.
so kata kati!!!

Sumon77
May 22, 2007, 07:59 AM
Which part was a moral victory for India??
They have managed to draw a test match against Bangladesh.( even after the rain bit playing the biggest part).

We were at 116/6 at one stage only to be revived by a late surge by Mashrafee and Shahadat.
That is our opening bowlers, not batsmen.

IF our bowlers can bat like that, think how mediocre indian bowling looks like.
IF it wasnt Bangladesh, they would hv probably lost the match.

Both teams have positive to take from the match, and id say, us more than them.
Test match after 13 months.. not a bad performance.
ofcourse not a bad performance. but at the end everybody will remember, India offered the challenge and and we looked like accepted it and from no where then denied and became tame. And I would say the draw was for the rain. so nobody gained anything from there. for a 3 day match you have to show the attitude and india showed it which is very unlikely for them. that is their moral gain.

Protic
May 22, 2007, 08:02 AM
Actually.. everybody knew 40 overs wasnt on the cards..with light fading for sure..mostly we had 30 overs to play..and india woudnt have risked by using spin if the match went that far.. and 250 in 30 overs.. lol not easy eh? and Bangladesh were doing well.. but sending Rajin wasnt that bad of a decision..cause the match went for a draw already.

sadi
May 22, 2007, 08:04 AM
Pathetic. Then again what do you expect from Bashar? Haven't we seen enough already?

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 08:08 AM
India could not have won without letting us bat. I think RD made a brave decision by declaring when he did, to let us have a go and may be pick up early wickets. Even then it was a gettable score, we just went into loser mode like we usually do.

yep... i was deeply impressed and a pleasantly surprised by dravid's positive attitude... he is my MOM runner-up for that... :)

TheWatcher
May 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
I am happy that DW is leaving us. BCB needs to hire a real Australian who is not going to put up with this kind of loser mentality.

Fortuner
May 22, 2007, 01:15 PM
we cnt blame dav for this i dont think dav alone takes such decision.wht bout faruk n others?????
its really sad they dint go for a win.....

gatekeeper
May 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
I woul've been ahppier if we lost trying to win than with this draw.

jahidus200
May 22, 2007, 01:47 PM
Why Our Team Think We Are Going To Lose.ofcourse We Can Win If We Try. Rajin Is Our One Of Best Test Cricketer But Dav And Bashar Should Tell Him To Made Run Quick.

cricketlvr
May 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
Not only the worst decision in the test History...the most pathetic decision in the world cricket....I feel so embarrassed...

i agree! 7 runs off 29 balls...arrrgh! now, imagine mashrafe...how many runs could he have gotten off 29 balls? the match might still have ended in a draw anyway, and india would NOT have won...but the world would have been like wow, bangladesh did a decent job batting...not too many dot balls...but this was not the case

the win was on our finger tips, but we couldn't grab on to it unfortunately

rajgir
May 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
basher is clown .he should be kicked out for his decision.such a fool he is.just to claim his place in the team he played safe.why dont the selector kick pilot,basher, and javed omar out.if i meet them i can drink their blood .i hate them so much..........

mali007
May 22, 2007, 02:12 PM
Dev is India's future coach. So he send Rajin to make sure Bangladesh does'nt win !!!

Nafi
May 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
What my signature say?

Name me one match where MJ would have settled for a draw, than winning....no he would always go for the win, no matter what.

This was a huge dissapointment, almost as big when we lost to Ireland, I was shocked when Rajin was sent in, and the dottballs rolling by, seriously I would of rather take a loss from india then embarrassing draw.

For god sake, still people believe that Bangladesh is a weak side and not on the same level of the higher test teams, if we had won this match, or atleast tried, the cricket world would have saw it as a positive to Bangladesh, fearless and against all odds, pulls through. But with this embarrising draw, the cricket world will see the Bangladesh side as pussycats, who dont have winning confidence in themselves, and are scared to push themselves.

Most importantly the BD fans we denied entertainment from the team. Thats is the worst thing of them all.

If I was rajin and I was told to play dot balls in that situation, I would ignore that and play for the BD fans and SLOG those overs.

reyme
May 22, 2007, 02:53 PM
So in the presentation ceremony Habibul said 'Well, Shame.

Recently HaBa talks a lot, "phycological advantage", blah blah blah, some of them are memorized script! Its like he reads mukhosto "memorized" kobita (poem) in front of a class (media), often meaningless to others. Too bad he does not even realize that. He DOES give lots of "thank you very much" after every answer.

Guess after feeling the heat of a forced retirement from ODI, trying to build a potential career as a cricket commentator!

sheikh
May 22, 2007, 03:02 PM
Actually.. everybody knew 40 overs wasnt on the cards..with light fading for sure..mostly we had 30 overs to play..and india woudnt have risked by using spin if the match went that far.. and 250 in 30 overs.. lol not easy eh? and Bangladesh were doing well.. but sending Rajin wasnt that bad of a decision..cause the match went for a draw already.

Yepp..its really simple to know. I am totally surprized to see the optimism of our country mates. There was not a single moment during BD batting when one could logically target to win. This was professional performance by BD, our captain and the coach. Everyone should be thanked for the wonderful show.
Lets not become like the supporters of our neighbouring countries.

Nafi
May 22, 2007, 03:14 PM
Yepp..its really simple to know. I am totally surprized to see the optimism of our country mates. There was not a single moment during BD batting when one could logically target to win. This was professional performance by BD, our captain and the coach. Everyone should be thanked for the wonderful show.
Lets not become like the supporters of our neighbouring countries.

Yes there was definitely a chance, 170 runs is pretty easy to get for a decent side with 30 overs left and 8 wickets remaining

reyme
May 22, 2007, 03:53 PM
Dev is India's future coach. So he send Rajin to make sure Bangladesh does'nt win !!!

:bravo:

RazabQ
May 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
why dont the selector kick pilot,basher, and javed omar out.if i meet them i can drink their blood .i hate them so much..........evidently Lestat has company and vampirism is alive and well. While I too am beyond words at our lack of temerity, I think we need to maintain some perspective even as we vent!

As myself

billah
May 22, 2007, 05:29 PM
evidently Lestat has company and vampirism is alive and well. While I too am beyond words at our lack of temerity, I think we need to maintain some perspective even as we vent!

As myself

Ooooooh, only if you had seen my physical reactions last night, in front of the TV..

zahid
May 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
I have seen many of us saying 43 overs. But, we played 28 overs. Erm ... woot woot ??

The way I see it - 28 overs = 168 Balls = 168 Runs
:sick: We were well short and made only 104 runs!

238 - 168 = 70 runs
So, with a run rate of 8.5 , we could have won. WOW! 8.5! Erm... scary!:doh:

Habla and JO had no intentions of winning - they were targeting a Draw! They wasted 42 balls between themselves. And of course, there was Rajin!

BonBon
May 22, 2007, 07:07 PM
:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: >:) >:) >:)

evidently Lestat has company and vampirism is alive and well. While I too am beyond words at our lack of temerity, I think we need to maintain some perspective even as we vent!

As myself

Navarene
May 22, 2007, 07:26 PM
Our think tank has a backboneless pathetic hedonic loser mentality. I was stunned and shocked the way they gave up in the middle!

Pundit
May 22, 2007, 07:29 PM
I think for some reason you all think that Mashrafee should have come in after Nafees, and he would have played 80 more balls and scored 80 odd runs.

Chances of that happening again are slim. It is pure fantasy on your part. Our score would at best have looked like 150-2. And it would have only been entertaining for those watching - which most of you were not.

I think its great that the top order got some batting practice ahead of T2. Especially Bashar, Nafees and Omar.

Zaheed Mahmood
May 22, 2007, 09:54 PM
I understand the defensive technique to pouch what's for easy grab than to risk loosing following a uninhibited common collapse, but said that, BD still could have sent Mashrafe at least after Bashar with some stipulated 20+ over left in the game! Sacrificing one more wicket wouldn't have been a risky deal and once Mashrafe failed, they could have sent Rajin to block everything that came his way!!

SMHasan
May 22, 2007, 10:00 PM
I think for some reason you all think that Mashrafee should have come in after Nafees, and he would have played 80 more balls and scored 80 odd runs.

Chances of that happening again are slim. It is pure fantasy on your part. Our score would at best have looked like 150-2. And it would have only been entertaining for those watching - which most of you were not.

I think its great that the top order got some batting practice ahead of T2. Especially Bashar, Nafees and Omar.

Dear Pundit,

It's the intent that all of us are talking about. Doesn't matter what might have happened but that would prove that we wanted to win it and wanted to fight till the end. Sadly it didn't happen and for this reason all of us are worried that this loosing mentality might affect our chances in near future.

I don't know whether anyone listened to Bruce Yardly today. He is an Australian and he repeatedly said that he was disappointed the way the game was called off. Throughout this series he has been criticizing when our batsmen were slow in scoring. It seemed he would have coached these boys if he gets any chance. Bruce was pushing us in the late afternoon for some runs and we did not do that. Even Bruce would tell us to go for the win if he was our coach. Hai Dave!

Dave is leaving, it's good for us. We need a change in strategy. We need ot move on. And of course have to move on with a new captain.

Pundit
May 22, 2007, 10:25 PM
Dear SMHasan,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Your impatience is very understandable. Having seen glimpses of our future that can be, we all would rather that it happened now than later. Do please wait out the full process of evolution. Without further going into an analysis mode, I will say only this - that for a person who has seen our batting crumble once too often, this was the only natural outcome of the game. Do live with it, because you do not have to wait too long for the otherwise. While it is your content that "Intent" be the order of the day, Captain's prerogative over-rides your choice of approach. To him, avoiding personal ignominy is more important than a meaningless display of sportsmanship, which happened to also be just adjacent to the perilious slope down to self-destruction.
If someone is so intent (your favorite word) on commenting on our approach that should have been, and is keen as you mention him to be, then let him throw his hat into the Coach search ring.<o:p></o:p>
I remember an English innings against ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> about 21 years back - they need 100 or so odd runs from 19 overs, to win a test. They did not reach the target - can you guess what happened? And only in the past decade has one or 2 batting teams perfected the instant shify of gears to ODI mode in one jig. I am sure you know which team that is.
Also, BTW, can someone research fastest 4rth innings chases that brought victory at near our asking rate?
Finally, I would rather see our openers benefit from some practice for the next real 5-day test, where enduarance and perseverance is the name of the game.<o:p></o:p>

The World cup is over folks - you should realize that by now.<o:p></o:p>

Zunaid
May 22, 2007, 10:27 PM
To him, avoiding personal ignominy is more important than a meaningless display of sportsmanship, which happened to also be just adjacent to the perilious slope down to self-destruction.<o:p></o:p>

This seems to be in contradiction to the tenor of the rest of your post. Unless - all of that was tongue in cheek?

sunny747
May 22, 2007, 11:34 PM
i actually like prothom-alo's article about it....utpol shovro said it can't be a sporting declaration...a propoganda by indians.....trying to avoid the embarrasment of getting all out by 150.........not many examples are there in world test winning match like that...........

kalpurush
May 22, 2007, 11:48 PM

...with all respect, how Bashar is responsible here to send Rajin in?!!! He was leaving the field when Rajin sent in!!!
Lately, Bashar's captaincy or batting both were below par, but you can't blame him for everything....r u thinking he had ordered for the "Rain" too?!!!:hairpull:

Zunaid
May 22, 2007, 11:50 PM
i actually like prothom-alo's article about it....utpol shovro said it can't be a sporting declaration...a propoganda by indians.....trying to avoid the embarrasment of getting all out by 150.........not many examples are there in world test winning match like that...........

If Utpol Shuvro said it then he is an it. IT. Add three more letters between I and T.

kalpurush
May 22, 2007, 11:52 PM

...here is the link!...and pls. read. Much thanks.:)

http://www.prothom-alo.org/index.news.details.php?nid=NjkxNg==&PHPSESSID=1e7f949ca061c593c1b33f2b34243ad8

AsifTheManRahman
May 22, 2007, 11:54 PM
If Utpol Shuvro said it then he is an it. IT. Add three more letters between I and T.

he's an IT anyways :)

kalpurush
May 23, 2007, 12:00 AM

Zunaid bhai...we needed 250 runs from 43 overs! In how many ODIs' we scored over 200 runs?!!We could send Mashrafee or Ashraful for sure, but, if you say we missed an opportunity to win the Test...no further comments then, boss.:)

ssh
May 23, 2007, 01:26 AM
Zunaid bhai...we needed 250 runs from 43 overs! In how many ODIs' we scored over 200 runs?!!We could send Mashrafee or Ashraful for sure, but, if you say we missed an opportunity to win the Test...no further comments then, boss.:)

Agreed, we could have tried sending Mashrafee, Shakib, Nafees and Ashraful to try speed up the process and get a win. But if we were to lose too many early wickets, would we have enough nerves in the remaining batsmen to sustain and defend the DRAW.

I guess given the circumstances (with all the old guys around) and the first-innings showing of our players (many of whom still doesn't have the right test match temperament), playing it defensively (hate to say this though) was the right decision...

Protic
May 23, 2007, 05:16 AM
I am happy that DW is leaving us. BCB needs to hire a real Australian who is not going to put up with this kind of loser mentality.

Loser mentality? Dude its like.. "since Dav is leaving us..he is of no good" ..man DAV actually erased our loser mentality..dont get too carried away with the flow..that we could have won.. 43 overs were never a possibility due to bad light..what you expect then? 250 runs in 30-33 overs? Yeah.. we have 11 supermen in our team.
Man..you have so many posts..im sure you are respected..well respected.. Even i respect you..
but that was a very LAME post.

sunny747
May 23, 2007, 05:23 AM
wow. now Utpal shuvro is the "IT"? We started with our captain Habib, our couch Dave and now our best cricket reporter Utpal Shuvra..........just a reminder...they have handful years of experience in their respective job. Thanks.

al Furqaan
May 23, 2007, 10:09 AM
relax guys...a win was never on the cards.

even worser decisions are

a) keeping bashar as a captain
b) keeping bashar as a batsman
c) allowing bashar and his contagious negativity and meekness within 50 km of our players
d) all of the above...repeat please selectors and BCB chief until its imprinted in your brains

layperson
May 23, 2007, 10:52 AM

Credit should be given where credit is due !!!! Dravid showed he has "nuts of steel" by declaring and trying to make a match of it.He is probably the only Indian captain with such a positive attitude. Heck other than the aussies I dont think any other current captain would take such a chance. Bashar showed once again the kind of individual he is by not going for the win. His primary target was not to lose. He clearly stated that in the post match talks. Whether Bangladesh could or would win is a different issue. The fact of the matter is Bangladesh did not go for the win. That in itself is a loser mentality. As Billah bhai said somewhere in response to Razab bhai's post, "you should have seen my physical reactions in front of the tv". Well I think i also share some of other members emotions in that I felt like beating the crap out of the person who was responsible for deciding not to go for win. People bring up past records as a means to justify the loserish stance !!! If the winners looked at past records then SA would not have scored 434 to win that ODI, Bangladesh would not have beaten SA in the WC and many more such instances. The focus should not be on how many times we have scored 200 in an ODI or how many teams have chased this much on the last day to win a test match. The focus should be on our f**k*d up attitude and approach to the match. We should have kept JO, Rajin and Bashar for number 6,7,and 8. We should have gone in the beginning with our positive batsmen who could go for the win. If that had failed the you can always take rearguard action byt blocking out the rest of the overs for a draw. There were only 43 odd overs for the second innings and a win was there for trying but once again mejaj plus mukh donotai kharap kore dilo ********* gula.

Tehsin
May 23, 2007, 11:24 AM
We need to GROW UP as fans. Bachchader moto proti match er por eke dhor, oke maar er modhdhe kono sporting kichui chokhe porchena. Aami nijeo ei rog er shikaar hoyechi koi ekbar.

Dui dik bibechona korle, PLUS, amader batsmen der performance bibechona korle, mone hochche draw ta amader jonno bhaloi holo. Jitar cheshta kore harle hoito ulto amader player der kharapi hoto. Akheon chinta kore dekhun. Amra kintu team hishabe kharap na. Edaning amader purano player rao majhe majhe notun der shathe taal miliye jitar shopno dekhe. Oi bhabna mathai rekhe jodi amader khelowar ra ei series ta jitar chinta kore, tahole aachchorjo hoyar kichui thakbena. Ashol kotha holo, jodi batting e dui innings e temperament ta dhore rakhte pari tahole kintu serires jeta ta ashadhdho kichuna. Aami bolchina je amra bharat theke better team, well, batting e hoito na. Kintu bowling tai amra hoito kichuta egiye aachi. :)

Anyways, ektu dhorjo dhorun. Eishob galagali amader othithider haat e chere din. Sumon bhai finally kichu run pelen r javed bhai to jonmechilen test khelar jonne. Jodi brishti na hoi, batting e ektu maturity thake, amader bowler ra line/length thik rakhte paren R baal kichuta spin kore - series jeta kintu purotai shombhob. 243 over e amader 250 kora ektu kothin hoto. Jitar jonne khele harle ekhon 0-1 o pore thaktam. 0-0 theke 1-0 onek onek bhalo result hobey. Akhon aasha kori amader shathe shathe amader khelowarder o etai target. :)

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 11:32 AM
IT'S OVER... yet the fact still baffles and the pain still lingers... i've been having nightmares about HaBa, golla and rajin morphed into one, dough-eyed and smiling like a moron, blocking half volleys and full tosses, and roating everything except the strike... :-D

it's not that we would've or could've won the match... it's the fact that we didn't really try... UNACCEPTABLE!

akabir77
May 23, 2007, 12:18 PM
Only fool can think that they can chase 250 in 43 over in 5th day of a test match. Indian captain thought bd team as one but dav came out on top but looks like most fans turn out to be one thinking we could have/should have tried and...

skhondoker
May 23, 2007, 12:56 PM
Only fool can think that they can chase 250 in 43 over in 5th day of a test match. Indian captain thought bd team as one but dav came out on top but looks like most fans turn out to be one thinking we could have/should have tried and...

that is the point.....Indian captain really thought we were fools and would not surely done so if the opposition was Aus/SA or even PAK. That was to me showing disrespect to us. We should have made this game a little more interesting by hitting big ones and scare the faces of Rahuls and the likes. That would have been great to watch....at the end of the day, the match still would have been drawn as not enough light there....

Protic
May 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
Right on Tehsin bhai and Akabir bhai..
:] Thats what ive been whining about.. 250 in 43 overs and no surity that we'll get 43 overs or not.. LOL.. not possible.
Akabir yeah man.. and now people Blaming Dav and his 'loser' mentality ? LOL.. indeed some of us are no different than some indian fans.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 02:02 PM
Right on Tehsin bhai and Akabir bhai..
:] Thats what ive been whining about.. 250 in 43 overs and no surity that we'll get 43 overs or not.. LOL.. not possible.
Akabir yeah man.. and now people Blaming Dav and his 'loser' mentality ? LOL.. indeed some of us are no different than some indian fans.

yet one must imagine oedipus happy... :sigh:

cricket_pagol
May 23, 2007, 02:30 PM

I am sure many members mentioned it already, but let me say it again.

When we were 51/1 in 9.2 overs, and 33 overs left the draw was under our control. We most likely would not have to play 33 overs if we did not want it because the light would get really bad at the end. The pitch was still good for batting, just like a third day pitch!!! So a draw was virtually ensured at this point. All credits to the batsmen for bring the team to this point, because a good start was important.

Now, after being in such commanding position we were not hungry enough to go for a win!!! If we lost 2-3 wickets trying, then we could have settled for a draw... but the fact that we did not try at all reflects very poorly on the team. Bashar and Golla's effort from 9.2 overs to 20.2overs yielded only 31 runs... for me, this is criminal for wasting such a solid start. If we lost 2-3 early wickets, I would not have complained for not trying. We had an opportunity but we wasted it :(

I think this mode of thinking is poison was for the youngsters in the team!!! The sooner Bashar is removed from captaincy, the better it is for the team... he can play as a batsmen in the test team.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 02:35 PM
I am sure many members mentioned it already, but let me say it again.

When we were 51/1 in 9.2 overs, and 33 overs left the draw was under our control. We most likely would not have to play 33 overs if we did not want it because the light would get really bad at the end. The pitch was still good for batting, just like a third day pitch!!! So a draw was virtually ensured at this point. All credits to the batsmen for bring the team to this point, because a good start was important.

Now, after being in such commanding position we were not hungry enough to go for a win!!! If we lost 2-3 wickets trying, then we could have settled for a draw... but the fact that we did not try at all reflects very poorly on the team. Bashar and Golla's effort from 9.2 overs to 20.2overs yielded only 31 runs... for me, this is criminal for wasting such a solid start. If we lost 2-3 early wickets, I would not have complained for not trying. We had an opportunity but we wasted it :(

I think this mode of thinking is poison was for the youngsters in the team!!! The sooner Bashar is removed from captaincy, the better it is for the team... he can play as a batsmen in the test team.

... play it again sam... oh sam, can you play it again... wassup sam? i was just wondering, could you possibly play it again... please? E-)

SMHasan
May 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
Okay. I am not thinking about this anymore. But to those who think that the target was unattainable- please do not talk like this. In this world even impossible says possible.

If it was impossible then all those cricket writers would not have said that why Bangladesh did not go for the win. those commentators would not have said why we were playing negative cricket.

It's the intent, it's the positive approach. They could have played played positively till the last ball bowled.

That's it. I am not mourning anymore. I had enough. Looking forward to the next game eagerly.

jabbar
May 23, 2007, 08:54 PM

Whoa whoa whoa! Take it easy there buddee! Those blue letters are stingin me!

Seriously, it was a poor decision to send in Rajin, but look at it this way. Perhaps Dav was giving Rajin a chance. Perhaps he felt that Rajin deserved to keep his place in the order. Also, this is NOT the worst decision in test history - there have been plenty others. Some of the blame should have gone on Rajin - he didn't even try to up the run rate when there was a sliver of chance....

cricket_pagol
May 23, 2007, 10:49 PM
That's it. I am not mourning anymore. I had enough. Looking forward to the next game eagerly.

I will stop mourning too... definitely looking forward to the second test. I think we will see something special :)

yaseer
May 23, 2007, 11:47 PM
Honestly, too much bashing is going around here, ya....i agree, by sending ASH or MASH, BD could have finished the match in a possitive note or made the match entertaining for the crowd..but winning the match??? come on.....we needed 200+ in the last session, light was going down.....there was no possibility of 43 overs, 30-35 overs at least?? 250 in 30-35 overs in tests?? you must be kidding....

that's why BD went on playing safe....why ruining the average of the batsmen n giving indians easy test wickets when no chance of result at all??

So, i dont go with "worst decision ever in test history".

knightrider357
May 24, 2007, 12:17 AM
Some of the blame should have gone on Rajin - he didn't even try to up the run rate when there was a sliver of chance....

no way... it was pretty evident that Rajin was just doing his job out there.... the team management, coach, captain, didnt have any interest in going for the win... they send in Rajin so that he can stay in the wicket and go for the draw...

what puzzles me is that... at one point Bashar and Javed seemed like they were actually going for the win... the run rate went up to 5.31... then suddenly they started blocking... they should have send in Ash or Mash after Bashar got out and atleast tried it... its very sad.... :o :hairpull:

jabbar
May 24, 2007, 01:57 AM
no way... it was pretty evident that Rajin was just doing his job out there.... the team management, coach, captain, didnt have any interest in going for the win... they send in Rajin so that he can stay in the wicket and go for the draw...

That's fine. However, Rajin is a top-order batsman and must be capable of playing different games - defensive when required, and attacking when the situation demands it. Just look at guys like Mark Waugh and Damien Martyn - they have managed to become players in this mould. It is a bit much to expect Rajin to play like these great cricketers, but at least an attempt should have been made. Rajin seems to only have one gear...

Spitfire_x86
May 24, 2007, 02:13 AM
See this scorecard
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1982-83/IND_IN_WI/IND_WI_T1_23-28FEB1983.html

Of course, their batting was infinite times stronger than ours, but the quality of bowling was higher too. In this contest of sub par bowling vs sub par batting, we should've tried to win. And that match was in the 80's. Nowadays after playing so many ODIs every year if we can't think about chasing 250 against such mediocre attack, then something is definitely not right.

Trigger_Tiger
May 24, 2007, 02:17 AM
In all honesty, the match could not have been won. But Mashrafe and Rafique could have been sent in earlier and at least there would be some entertainment.

It was a safe but somewhat timid and depressing decision (mainly from a fans point of view) to send in Saleh.

But we have to remember one thing. This Saleh is not the same we had seen before. probably the team management thought it would be worth giving him a shot at redeeming his better shot-playing ability. It was not to be though.

The match could never have been won and especially by Bangladesh. I wonder even if the Aussies could have won it! Closed in fielders, unplayable wide balls and spin bowling to defensive players are just a few reasons why it was pretty impossible to win the match. For crying out loud! This was a TEST match and not an ODI even though the prospect of 250 from 43 overs sounded like an ODI!

To point the finger at Dav is disappointing to see. Bashar looked good int he second innings as a player but his captaincy is just not upto the mark. May we please call on Ashraful to be the captain now?

Tintin
May 24, 2007, 03:05 AM
See this scorecard
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1982-83/IND_IN_WI/IND_WI_T1_23-28FEB1983.html

Of course, their batting was infinite times stronger than ours, but the quality of bowling was higher too. In this contest of sub par bowling vs sub par batting, we should've tried to win. And that match was in the 80's. Nowadays after playing so many ODIs every year if we can't think about chasing 250 against such mediocre attack, then something is definitely not right.

As a perpetual devil's advocate, see this counter-example :

http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/78/78490.html India v Australia, first Test 2003-04. Waugh set India a target of 190 odd at a rate of 8 an over, probably with the plan getting a few wickets and do some "mental disintegration" rather than a serious attempt at a win. India opted for batting practice and was soundly cricticised in forums for being meek.

The only thing that came out of this was that Rahul Dravid batted himself into form. He had never scored more than 35 in his seven previous innings in Australia and this innings gave him the time and space to spend time in the middle without pressure and add some seventy runs with Laxman.

A week later this - http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/78/78544.html - happened.

Here, everyone in the team is short of batting practice in five day cricket and Rajin is the worst, not having batted in any international match for quite a while. So, instead of sending someone like the fragile Mashrafe - who has already done enough in this match and who doesn't distinguish between Tests and ODIs anyway - the team management probably chose to give the rusty ones a chance.

It would be lovely if Rajin top-scores in the second Test.

Trigger_Tiger
May 24, 2007, 03:14 AM

If that does happen than Bangladesh can be a little relieved with the test batting line up for sure for some while!

kmasum
May 24, 2007, 02:20 PM
argggg.... when i saw rajin i was so freakin mad, cant even explain..our coach/cpt/managment sucks.. bunch of back dated pussycat

Protic
May 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
Kmasum : have you carefully read what TINTIN wrote? as the counter example.

akabir77
May 24, 2007, 03:06 PM
As a perpetual devil's advocate, see this counter-example :

http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/78/78490.html India v Australia, first Test 2003-04. Waugh set India a target of 190 odd at a rate of 8 an over, probably with the plan getting a few wickets and do some "mental disintegration" rather than a serious attempt at a win. India opted for batting practice and was soundly cricticised in forums for being meek.

The only thing that came out of this was that Rahul Dravid batted himself into form. He had never scored more than 35 in his seven previous innings in Australia and this innings gave him the time and space to spend time in the middle without pressure and add some seventy runs with Laxman.

A week later this - http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/78/78544.html - happened.

Here, everyone in the team is short of batting practice in five day cricket and Rajin is the worst, not having batted in any international match for quite a while. So, instead of sending someone like the fragile Mashrafe - who has already done enough in this match and who doesn't distinguish between Tests and ODIs anyway - the team management probably chose to give the rusty ones a chance.

excellent point. hope our angry mob can learn thing or two from these games and your post instead of bad mouthing the team.