PDA

View Full Version : We need to change our looser attitude.. right from now.

gravitY
May 22, 2007, 06:03 AM
there was a chance for sending Mashrafee/Ashraful/Sakib after Bashar, instead they sent Rajin. Its like, we're quite happy with a draw..

we really need to change this looser mentality.... i'm pisssed:sick: :mad: :mad:

BostonTigers
May 22, 2007, 06:32 AM
I agree. Bashar and company made themselves look like a bunch of losers when they had very much a chance to take the game very close. I can't understand how Bashar or the team management could even think of this draw strategy. Bangladesh made India look like more of a competitive team than they actually are with that negative kind of cricket. A hugh opportunity thrown down the drain, very very sad and demoralizing.

Zobair
May 22, 2007, 06:34 AM
It was very frustrating watching JO and bashar and then Rajin (why the hell was he sent in?!) lose the plot after a decent start. They lost a golden opportunity...pathetic!

IanW
May 22, 2007, 06:44 AM
Zobair,

*A decent start* ? Losing Nafees for one, with the score at 12.

Then Bashar and JO taking the score to 1-81 with Bashar getting caught on the boundary *trying to hit* ?

Did we follow the same game ?

Ian Whitchurch

Surfer
May 22, 2007, 06:47 AM
Only if the rains had not interrupted.....

Timtim
May 22, 2007, 06:48 AM
Zobair,

Then Bashar and JO taking the score to 1-81 with Bashar getting caught on the boundary *trying to hit* ?

Ian Whitchurch
9.2 overs, 50/1

Need another 150 runs in 30 or so overs with 8 wickets remaining....yes, a decent start indeed.

Hatebreed
May 22, 2007, 06:52 AM
At one point we were in an ok position, at about 75 for 1. Had Bashar and JO scored some quick runs from there, we could have won it. Sending Rajin was obviously huge mistake. They should have let the attacking batsmen come first and have a go, if things didn't go well then the defensive batsmen could come and save the match.

So I'm very disappointed. It was our chance to win, there was no urgency for us to draw. We can't learn to win if we don't have a go.

PoorFan
May 22, 2007, 06:52 AM
Zobair,

Ian Whitchurch
Ian, what was the point of sending Rajin in? what was the point of keeping Ash, Sakib and Mash in dressing room?? Isnt the outcome of the match was obvious, a draw anyway? Why take a defensive move at this point?? It's not about win, it's about positive attitude till end.

irteja
May 22, 2007, 06:53 AM
What A Shame....HABA and Dave both of them should Kick out from the Second Test

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 06:55 AM
loser's mentality the issue? get rid of losers like faruikka, ata and HaBa and we'll be more than halfway there. going for it will take us the rest of the way...

cricket_pagol
May 22, 2007, 06:56 AM
It's funny how Bashar said "we lost to many early wickets and did not score enough runs early in the innings". Losing one opener was a setback but after that that the captain himself came in and failed to rotate the strike. JO was a bigger culprit in terms of the scoring rate. The fact that masrafee can milk powar at will but JO and Bashar struggles to score against them says a lot about their batting. Dravid was very aggressive in his field setting and there were lot of gaps in the field... it is unfortunate that bashar and JO failed to rotate the strike.

We would have been happy if the batsmen tried to score a little faster, and if the captain tried to go for a win by sending in ash, mash or Sakib.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 06:57 AM
rajin's a great fielder, that's it...

Zobair
May 22, 2007, 06:57 AM
Ian!

I am referring to the match situation as it stood after 10 overs. Having created the opportunity it was criminal of them to completely let go like that.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 06:58 AM
golla and the rest of that generation, except rafiq, need to make way for better players now.

cricket_pagol
May 22, 2007, 07:01 AM
9.2 overs, 50/1

Need another 150 runs in 30 or so overs with 8 wickets remaining....yes, a decent start indeed.

Even after we lost SN, JO and Hablu did provide us with a good start... but they failed to keep up the momentum... they should have been more positive and should have planned the run chase around people like ashraful and mashrafee.

Luvlee_nik
May 22, 2007, 07:02 AM
er, 4got to tell the thread opener, 'loser' has only one 'o'

Timtim
May 22, 2007, 07:04 AM
This is just my opinion on what should've been done:

Open with Golla and Nafees.
Send Ash and Mash in that order.
If they get out with BD in a good position, send shakib. Else send Rajin and tie the game from there.

We did not even put up a fight. Such cowards we are.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:18 AM
This is just my opinion on what should've been done:

Open with Golla and Nafees.
Send Ash and Mash in that order.
If they get out with BD in a good position, send shakib. Else send Rajin and tie the game from there.

We did not even put up a fight. Such cowards we are.

dude, please don't take it the wrong way, it's always your prerogative and all that, but is that avatar really necessary today? ... it's OK if he's related to you... :-D

Timtim
May 22, 2007, 07:20 AM
dude, please don't take it the wrong way, it's always your prerogative and all that, but is that avatar's really necessary today? ... it's OK if he's related to you... :-D
It fuels me ;)

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:24 AM
It fuels me ;)

i can dig that... in a weird sort of way... /:)

Timtim
May 22, 2007, 07:28 AM
i can dig that... in a weird sort of way... /:)
Keep your friends close...enemies even closer ;)

CricFanBD
May 22, 2007, 07:33 AM
golla and the rest of that generation, except rafiq, need to make way for better players now.
500% Agree.