PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of a series victory

Aritro
May 22, 2007, 07:38 AM
We need to click into gear for one test match. Just one match.

We nearly did it against the Aussies, there's no reason why we can't do it against the Indians with another year's experience (albeit ODI) under our belt.

My main concern is our paper-thin batting order. Realistically, Sumon isn't going anywhere and Golla is assured of his place for at least another match after making a half century. But I think it's absolutely crucial that we replace Pilot with Mushfiqur Rahim.

There has never been another player in Bangladeshi cricket who's looked better equipped to be a test batsman. And given Pilot's shoddy glovework in this one, there's no reason to keep him in the side anyway.

I'd also like to see Razzak brought in to replace Enamul Haque Jr., but I suspect they'll keep him on for another game.

Sohel
May 22, 2007, 07:42 AM
post a thread to petition faruikka, ata, HaBa and golla out of BD cricket first... i'll sign it!

mali007
May 22, 2007, 09:12 AM
We can win the series if we change the batting order and make few changes :
1. Javed
2. Mehrab jr.
3. Sakib
4. Ashraful
5. Rajin
6. Bashar
7. Mashrafee
8. Pilot
9. Rafique
10.Shahadat
11.Enamul

N.B also we need some brain and common sense in captaincy !!!!!

Anher
May 22, 2007, 09:15 AM
no chance at all.... Ask for rain....and nak-a tel dia gumao if its a draw

Fazal
May 22, 2007, 09:33 AM
Its possible with this same team.... if everything falls in our way... like

1. We win the toss
2. No rains
3. Pitch start favouring the spinners from 3rd day
4. We get the breaks from the umpire
5. SN can again stay in the wicket like first innings
6. JO and bashar can stay and score some runs like 2nd innings
7. Ash have a eid day
8. Sakib can really shine
9. Pilot can hold the wicket (forget about scoring runs)
10. Mashrafee and Shahdat can again give us some quick and commanding runs
11. Mashrafee and Shahdat can bowl like this test
12. Enamul start showing his true merit
13. Rafiq can bowl like 2nd Innings
14. Rajin can continue to bat like 1st test
15. Sakib can bowl effectively like 1st test
16. India start batting like 2nd Innings
17. India start bowling like 2nd Innings
18. India start fielding like 2nd Innings
19. Bangladesh start fielding like 2nd Innings
20. (make up your own)

But on the other hand, with the same team, its very much possile that we will loose the game by an innings defeat on 3rd day.

Nafi
May 22, 2007, 09:37 AM
Drop Rajin, I was very unimpressed with him today and bring in a replacement batsman, like aftab or tamim even though they need to develop temperament to play test.

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2007, 09:41 AM
Dr_naf,
Yea! Drop the only test player we have in the team.

fwullah
May 22, 2007, 09:45 AM
All we need is a change in our attitude like in One Dayers. We need to have the belief and confidence that we can win, and I guarantee you, we'll start winning test matches like "in a second".

fwullah
May 22, 2007, 09:46 AM
Drop Rajin, I was very unimpressed with him today and bring in a replacement batsman, like aftab or tamim even though they need to develop temperament to play test.

Why put Rajin ahead of Ashraful in the first place?

Answer: we never intended to win the match, all we really wanted was to draw this one.

Nafi
May 22, 2007, 09:49 AM
We could of tried to win, it was very boring seeing all those dotballs rajin played, my 11 year old brother could of played better.

A scenario where we had to get 170 runs in 25 overs with 8 wickets remaining has a simple solution, SLOG.

Rajin is not that great of batsman and is not needed to bowl, so if we had drop someone, it would be him.

Mike
May 22, 2007, 09:50 AM
post a thread to petition faruikka, ata, HaBa and golla out of BD cricket first... i'll sign it!

Who is this "faruikka"? Did he play today?

KnightBD
May 22, 2007, 09:51 AM
... it was very boring seeing all those dotballs rajin played, my 11 year old brother could of played better.

That's what you think! In your dreams!!! :floor:

Aritro
May 22, 2007, 09:52 AM
We could of tried to win, it was very boring seeing all those dotballs rajin played, my 11 year old brother could of played better.

He played those dotballs because he was instructed to.

He was also our second highest scorer in the first innings and made 3 half-centuries against Australia.

Should be one of the first names on the team-sheet.

Mike
May 22, 2007, 09:55 AM
All we need is a change in our attitude like in One Dayers. We need to have the belief and confidence that we can win, and I guarantee you, we'll start winning test matches like "in a second".

It's possible by changing players. Just kick out a couple of players then it will work.

Surfer
May 22, 2007, 09:58 AM
No use dreaming......only way of not losing this series is more rain in the second test....

Aritro
May 22, 2007, 10:13 AM
No use dreaming......only way of not losing this series is more rain in the second test....

Yeah, cause it's set in bloody stone isn't it?

We came within 3 wickets of beating an Australian side that is superior to this Indian line-up in every way that it's possible for one cricket team to be superior to another.

The chances of us beating India are slim at best, but if by some unexpected stroke of fortune we do pull it off, we'll certainly have a bloody good time bringing up this and various other comments to make you look like an arse.

jinglenuts
May 22, 2007, 10:36 AM
ya i want our chatter box back in d 2nd test. damn

sensible
May 22, 2007, 10:51 AM
:floor: :floor: :floor: Who is this "faruikka"? Did he play today?

Tokai
May 22, 2007, 10:59 AM
We can win the series if we change the batting order and make few changes :
1. Javed
2. Mehrab jr.
3. Sakib
4. Ashraful
5. Rajin
6. Bashar
7. Mashrafee
8. Pilot
9. Rafique
10.Shahadat
11.Enamul

N.B also we need some brain and common sense in captaincy !!!!!

8. Mushfiq (5x batsman + 1x keeper of pilot)

CTazim
May 22, 2007, 11:58 AM
:floor: :floor: :floor:

A bit insensible remark from sensible, wouldn't you say ;) ;) ;)

Faruikka is our Faruq chief selector of BCB short and stout!

AsifTheManRahman
May 22, 2007, 12:25 PM
A series win is very much on the cards from here, as long as our batsmen don't do what they do best. :)

WarWolf
May 22, 2007, 12:27 PM

Rajin played very well. We was told to just stay in the wicket and he did it very well.

ialbd
May 22, 2007, 12:27 PM
dream & dream..... N.Americay je gobhir raate BDr khela thake, dream dekhte khub ekta problem howar kotha na....

but yea the 'dream' & the 'prayer' are always there....

syzygy
May 22, 2007, 12:42 PM
yes dream for some more rain as thats the only way you can salvage a draw..what a pity to see that hardly 77+20+85+0+53 = 235 overs bowled in 5 days not even 3 days worth of test cricket.even zim can draw with aussies in that fashion

Aritro
May 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
yes dream for some more rain as thats the only way you can salvage a draw..what a pity to see that hardly 77+20+85+0+53 = 235 overs bowled in 5 days not even 3 days worth of test cricket.even zim can draw with aussies in that fashion

Yeah, cause it's set in bloody stone isn't it?

We came within 3 wickets of beating an Australian side that is superior to this Indian line-up in every way that it's possible for one cricket team to be superior to another.

The chances of us beating India are slim at best, but if by some unexpected stroke of fortune we do pull it off, we'll certainly have a bloody good time bringing up this and various other comments to make you look like an arse.

The all-purpose response to pointless Indian trolls who waste not only bandwidth but also oxygen better reserved for someone whose existence is less pointless. ;)

cricketlvr
May 22, 2007, 12:50 PM
Rajin played very well. We was told to just stay in the wicket and he did it very well.

hmm...good point. i was so annoyed with rajin saleh's performance that i fell asleep...(and unfortunately missed mashrafe's man of the match speech)

but now i'm realizing...did the bd team want to win, or did they want a draw...because they could have won if the other players like ashraful, sakib, or mashrafe batted...but a draw with no lost wickets was possible by keeping rajin on the pitch which is what they did!

hopefully, batting will improve for the next test match!

Fortuner
May 22, 2007, 01:11 PM
i am also dreaming of a series win.if we win and that too against india.wow.cnt ask for nything more.
1stly,we need india to fall in mash,rajib,raf's bowling attack and in batting sn,bash,javed,ash,msh,sakib,to score decent.
in indian bowling attack no1 is that deadly...

gatekeeper
May 22, 2007, 01:38 PM
In order to win the second test or even come close our batsmen will have to play out of their skins. We simply do not have any batsmen who can perform consistantly, NOONE. So at this point even 'dreaming of a win' is not something I can do.

Aritro
May 22, 2007, 01:47 PM
In order to win the second test or even come close our batsmen will have to play out of their skins. We simply do not have any batsmen who can perform consistantly, NOONE. So at this point even 'dreaming of a win' is not something I can do.

Spot on.

That's why Rahim's inclusion is a must. It remains to be seen whether he can be a consistent performer at this stage, but he'll atleast make our batting order one batsman longer.

mali007
May 22, 2007, 02:07 PM
you can't add mushfique for the test squad now which has been already declared.
Mushfique should replace PILOT for the SL tour

Aritro
May 22, 2007, 02:15 PM
you can't add mushfique for the test squad now which has been already declared.
Mushfique should replace PILOT for the SL tour

I'd completely overlooked that.

Bloody hell.

BD-Shardul
May 22, 2007, 03:43 PM
To win the test match, we need the following line up, although I think the selectors will probably go with the same line up.

Javed Omar Belim
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Habibul Bashar
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Rafiq
Abdur Razzaq
Shahadat Hossain

Well, there should have no rain, becuase most the batsmen are of defensive mindset.
BTW, a series victory will be a perfect kick on the a$$ of arrogant Shastri.

bulbul_fan
May 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
be practicall guys!!
i think draw in second also match will b gr8!!
we cannot win test match becoz our players lack tamperment!!!

Murad
May 22, 2007, 04:19 PM
well theres no harm to dream for series win.. if we can play according to our potentials.. we can win... if not.. then we wil lose..

Bashar, Nafees, Ashraful, Sakib have to click.. batting depends on these 4..

and spinners have to do well too.. especially enam.. it was his first test after 13 months thats why hes excused but if he does same in the 2nd test.. then we'll be doomed...

IanW
May 22, 2007, 06:43 PM
Murandnyc,

There wasnt much turn in that pitch. I'm not at all unhappy with the bowling of the Tigers.

The first innings batting on the other hand ...

Ian

BD Tigers
May 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
since we are day dreaming, it will be the same team for me and bat first and put India into pressure like we did it to Australia. Indian bowling attack is pretty ordinary except for Kumble.

Beamer
May 22, 2007, 09:22 PM

Very well said. I agree with you.

One World
May 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
20. Umpire's start to differentiate between straight plumbs and curved deliveries.

SMHasan
May 22, 2007, 09:39 PM
The main ingredients to win a test match are:the power to take 20 wickets of the oppostion, to score some runs, to field perfectly. But the most important one is- to take the right decision at the right time.

If your captain and coach can't take the right decisions then you may have to forget about winning test matches. And today we saw what a disappointing decision they made by not going after the target. Does not matter we win or loose, it was all about intensity, will power, courage and mindset. But sadly we have not achieved all of these till now.

We always have been doing same mistakes regardless of opponents (i.e Irelands), conditions etc. Does it prove anything? This Indian attack is nothing but some dead nails. Still we could not show the courage chase the target. I believe we will be able to win test matches very soon as the persent captain will leave soon as his attitude will.Team's attitude will change too.

Our team is immensely talented for sure and they are not loosers. They made us proud in the recent past. Hope they learn from their mistakes.

gatekeeper
May 23, 2007, 12:20 AM
and spinners have to do well too.. especially enam.. it was his first test after 13 months thats why hes excused but if he does same in the 2nd test.. then we'll be doomed...

Cannot blame the spinners at all. The pitch offered nothing to them, no turn at all. Actually bowling from all departments was good.

Alien
May 23, 2007, 12:23 AM
Our faculty of batsmen needs a gono-dholai, thats the only medicine.

kalpurush
May 23, 2007, 12:28 AM
Dr_naf,
Yea! Drop the only test player we have in the team.

...being 14, he doesn't have the authority to do so...!!!:D

kalpurush
May 23, 2007, 12:32 AM

Boss...may I have a autograph too, pls.?!!!:D