PDA

View Full Version : Considering resignation, please voice your opinion

Miraz
May 22, 2007, 03:45 PM
Just like Ha Ba makes the whole team look meek and weak, your pacifist posts and analysis makes the BC members / fans look gutless and mindless.You are supposedly summarizing what the BD fans are thinking. And you are misrepresenting us to the outside world.I am accused by a fellow member by two very serious allegations. If these are true, I have no right to work as a BanglaCricket Editor.

I opened this thread to know the truth from the members and I will request Mods and Admins to keep the thread alive for some time.

I took the post of BC Editor to spread the image of Bangladesh Cricket to internet world and I always try to build a positive image of Bangladesh Cricket and definitely up-hold the image of BanglaCricket.

Now, if I am using my time and passion to downgrade BC or make BC members/fans look gutless and mindless, I think I am not doing justice to my job and most importantly to the members. Writing regular tour bulletins, previews or analysis is never an easy job and I don't want to take so much pain to do harm to BanglaCricket members and fans.

This is not a knee jerk reaction from me. I am open to criticism and I want to make BanglaCricket a better site.

Now, I want to know the opinion of the members, if it's true that I am misrepresenting BC members to outside world, I don't want to cling to my post as BC editor.

Making you look gutless and mindless is an unforgivable offense, if I have committed that crime, I sincerely apologise to you.

I really want constructive thoughts from you.

Nafi
May 22, 2007, 03:48 PM
you are not critical enough towards BD team, but you should not resign, your articles are good.

sadi
May 22, 2007, 04:00 PM
Mirazbhai, your articles are great. As a banglacricket editor, you can't criticize the national team as much as a regular fan can and we all understand that. I can't believe you spend so much time making all these bulletins and we should be really grateful to have someone like you. Please stay. Ofcourse, everyone will not agree with everything you write but overall, you are doing a wonderful job.

sadat_04
May 22, 2007, 04:04 PM
I don't think u should step down.. I read the article, it was ok..may be you could have been more critical but...
I think everyone got carried away with the thread u opened with a title " calm down"... its a classic case , everyone's mad.. u r asking people to calm down.. so u got yelled at.....

rubel_18
May 22, 2007, 04:06 PM
Miraz Bhai I think you are doing a great job plz dont just leave because of one persons comment. I dont think anyone else wud be able to do all these bulletins and articles as gud as you.

Orpheus
May 22, 2007, 04:06 PM
you are not critical enough towards BD team, but you should not resign, your articles are good.

I will agree with it depending on your role. Are you simply writing the bulletin or are you voicing your opinion?

The recent bulletin is simply a summary that can be read from anywhere else on the web. But you can make it a unique piece by voicing your opinion regarding the happenings of the game.

For example, you wrote - at one point there was a possibility of a successful chase (though more improbable - you have to explain why is it improbable like - not all overs would be bowled due to deteriorating sunlight, Dravid would purposefully waste more time), but sending Rajin wasn't surprising to you? Y? Can you defend it? (, a possibilty of loss had we chased?) I think for most of us, sending rajin was pretty surprising...

you writings don't have to reflect the opinions of BC members... good writings always spark debates... but you have to defend it basically.

I think as a Bulletin write (summary), you are doing a great job... but if you wanna CHANGE something with your writing, you have to be more critical and involved like Naf said... People are reading your articles.

Bulletin writer = great job (but summary can be found at cricinfo as well)
Critical writer = needs to be more engaging... perhaps take longer time to write one piece, like one article per test...

Murad
May 22, 2007, 04:07 PM
Oh! Miraz Bhai.. don't listen to those [] members..... they dont even know what they are talking..

You are doing an excellent job for our cricket.

Hatebreed
May 22, 2007, 04:10 PM
Miraz bhai, if one thing I've learnt in this forum, it's how to be patient. There will always be an odd member that riles you up. You're intelligent enough, don't make a rash decision at the heat of the moment. Ultimately, it's your opinion and not everyone will agree with it. I enjoy reading your articles/bulletins, so best you can do is when writing about a debatable topic, such as today's decision to go for a draw, try to be more critical from both side of the argument.

Zunaid
May 22, 2007, 04:10 PM
Members should be able to distinguish between a BC volunteers (yes, we are all volunteers, no 6 figure salary for us) personal opinions and official opinions. When we post on the forums we usually try to make it clear when we are speaking in our official capacity. Sometimes we forget. I think it is best to assume that a post is a personal opinion unless we say otherwise.

BC articles too convey the opinions of the author(s). Unless otherwise stated the opinions expressed are those of the author(s) only. Unless they claim otherwise, they are only speaking for themselves and not for the fans.

So whether Miraz is overly critical or not critical enough really has no bearing on whether he is one of the BC Editors (we have a few, helping with our article editorial workflow, bulletins et al).

Bulletins are a tad different. We try to make them be nothing more than a factual reporting of some event (coach, tour, match etc) without resorting to any editorializing. That does not mean that our internal biases often do not show up in the bulletins via the "title" or choice of adjective. We try to stay away from it.

Keep us on our toes when we fail. A little bit of fire under our feet should keep us all honest.

Zunaid
May 22, 2007, 04:14 PM
I will agree with it depending on your role. Are you simply writing the bulletin or are you voicing your opinion?

[snipped]

Very astute observations, Orphy. As I mentioned in my post, bulletins are just that - bulletins/summary sans editorializing. For the latter we have the forum and our articles. A member (BC editor or whatever, they are all volunteers) have every right to yell "calm down" and another member has every right to excoriate him for this attitude. You can do both and still maintain a civil (if strongly worded) disagreement.

bulbul_fan
May 22, 2007, 04:18 PM
miraz bhai , u r doing gr8 job.

ammark
May 22, 2007, 04:37 PM
Miraz Bhai, my thoughts have been expressed by Orpheus and Zunaid Bhai. Its constructive what they've said. Take your decision based on these, not on a whimsical emotion from a thread post. Wishing you the best.

What I would like to stress though, is: If you are writing an editorial as a representative of BanglaCricket.com members, then I think you ought to be critical at every point, give the reason why; and also compliment, giving reasons to that which deserves praise.

capslock
May 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
Miraz, if you really wanted to quit you would have done so already, so that means this is really an 'obhiman/goshha' thread, I think you're a bit too old for that. Quit if the other staff members are not happy with your work, not because of what a couple of 15 year old forum posters said.

I personally think you do a good job, and your writing quality is consistently high, don't know if that means anything to you, but there it is.

Miraz
May 22, 2007, 04:46 PM
Miraz, if you really wanted to quit you would have done so already, so that means this is really an 'obhiman/goshha' thread, I think you're a bit too old for that. Quit if the other staff members are not happy with your work, not because of what a couple of 15 year old forum posters said.

It's not an "obhiman/goshha" thread. :)

I really really got confused after those allegations, I have got a great passion for BanglaCricket and want to work for th site. But no way want to do harm to the spirit of the fans or site.

And that's why I opened the thread in search of the truth.

And yes it means a lot to me. :)

billah
May 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
What ! No poll ?

I propose a poll here. A poll will give us a crystal clear, comprehensive, unbiased, total and complete view of public opinion on the subject. Next, I propose a Khondakar bulletin on the front page about the poll, so the rest of the world know how ALL of us are ever coherently thinking the EXACT same way about a subject matter.

1. NO.
Your analysis and posts are TRUE, UNBIASED and EXACT picture of the mindframe of EACH & EVERY fan of Bangladesh cricket. Therefore, henceforth, you shall write, on our behalf, all news, columns, bulletins (the heck with the definition of a bulletin), analysis, opinion, articles, interviews, tour diaries and everything else for ever and ever and ever. Your accusers should be punished on a public forum and banished for ever and ever.

2. YES. You are misrepresenting the thoughts of BC members, making us look bad. These accusations are grave and you should receive the capital (web versioni) punishment. Disconnect your internet, dump your PC, get on a plane and move to Kiribati.

Miraz: I have one question for you, since we are on the subject.

Think of this hypothetical scenario. Say, there was a discussion on Global Thermonuclear Warfare on a public forum. This forum, among many other, happens to be hosted on the Washington Post newspaper's server.

Now, let's say that one of the general public participating in this discussion happened to mention something I wrote on BC. Can I, then, open a thread on BC and say that one of my pieces was critically analyzed by the experts of the venerable Washington Post? Would that be appropriate or evern true? Or, would it be my shameless attempt in beating my own drum with misleading information?

Help me, please. I'm so confused.

ialbd
May 22, 2007, 04:57 PM
why thinking abt resignation Miraz bhai? If you think you did a mistake/injustice somewhere you correct yourself. Its hard to please cent percent readers and some of these will hit you again in the future..... you are doing a fabulous job, keep it up....

i am assuming these comments came from an old member, cuz you shouldnt be bothered by such comments from a newbie....

cricket_pagol
May 22, 2007, 05:10 PM
Miraz bhai, you are doing difficult that nobody else was doing before ... so kudos for that!!! I applaud your contribution.

My only complain, is that in effort to be positive you sometimes lose objectivity (i am being harsh here). When you highlight the positives, it does not mean that the negatives does not exist... if you suppress the negatives it makes us look like we live in Utopia. Don't take it personally, you do a really good 90% of the time.

Conclusion: Don't resign!!!!

BonBon
May 22, 2007, 05:13 PM
Aww Cmon Miraz..you are joking..right? Scroo the guy who wrote what..keep it up!! keep it alive..

Remember what Ganguly told Bashar: Quitters arent winners :)

billah
May 22, 2007, 05:21 PM
Remember what Ganguly told Bashar: Quitters arent winners :)

Bangladesh cricket is better off with Bashar as a quitter - Don't you think?

Sorry to digress.

tonoy
May 22, 2007, 05:43 PM
But I thought this was Bangladesh cricket fan site. Arent the articles created here supposed to be a little biased toward Bangladesh( in a good way)? I mean we could always read articles from Cricinfo and other news agency, but most of the time it would not give the point of view from a bangladeshi fan. I dont know about most of you guys but If I want to read an article that gives article of bangladesh as a underperforming team with almost no hope to improve in the future, I would go to cricinfo and other sites. Face it, Its a fan website and the editors here will try their best to stay neutral and honestly be critical but its only human nature to be biased and go for one side, and that makes the article more better to read.

BonBon
May 22, 2007, 05:55 PM
Absolutely Sire..:-D :-D :-D I was poking out some fun to cheer these guys up.

Bangladesh cricket is better off with Bashar as a quitter - Don't you think?

Sorry to digress.

Miraz
May 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

However, I am not getting the clear picture.

Just like Ha Ba makes the whole team look meek and weak, your pacifist posts and analysis makes the BC members / fans look gutless and mindless.

You are supposedly summarizing what the BD fans are thinking. And you are misrepresenting us to the outside world.

Are these allegations true?

Mahmood
May 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
Constructive criticism is ok, but if it demoralizes you to consider resignation, thats bad.

You should not consider resignation, BC needs you.

Rubu
May 22, 2007, 06:18 PM
Miraz Bhai, don't even think about it. You had been a great addition to the BC family and we want it that way.

MohammedC
May 22, 2007, 06:18 PM
Miraz Bhai you have been critisied for voicing your own opinion. I would not worry too much, however their are certain members who instead of disagreeing with ones opinion they would attack you personally which hurts.

zahid
May 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
Miraz bhai, ignore the accusations if they were made by newbies who joined in the last 4 months.

Continue your good work.

DJ Sahastra
May 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
You are doing just fine.

Miraz
May 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
Miraz bhai, ignore the accusations if they were made by newbies who joined in the last 4 months.

Continue your good work.
zahid, the accusations are not made by any new member.

It was made by a very seasoned member of this forum.

nightwatchman
May 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
You should not retire..this is like professor Yunus wants to create his own party and ask people what he should do..
you are our punching bag for your biased articles and comments ..and I always thought you do thBCB brown nosing to get Rabeed Imam's job!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck

Sauron
May 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
Miraz, your effort to drum up a posse is honestly cracking me up ... almost making me forget the pain and shame of quitting on the first test.

This reminds me of the politics of DU teachers. Don't get your hands dirty, get your serfs to do your bidding.

Anyway, I'm flabbergasted to see how deeply the words of a few members (or should I say one "seasoned" member whose nick starts with S and ends with n and has auro in the middle) can hurt you. You don't need validation from a mass of people to know if any allegation is right or wrong, do you?

Also, when you put up a thread like this, many "mediocre" people like me may interprete this as a veiled attempt to say that you guys better appreciate me or I'm gone. But obviously the vast majority of members appreciate you, so you should cheer up and your confusion should be gone..

nightwatchman
May 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
Oh I forgot to mention free speech

ialbd
May 22, 2007, 07:05 PM
zahid, the accusations are not made by any new member.

It was made by a very seasoned member of this forum.

hmm, jante ichha kortese ke sheita, but ofcourse his name shouldnt be released, anyways...... shobai taratari Miraz bhai er question answer koren... so that he can carry on the work.....2nd test coming up.....

Miraz
May 22, 2007, 07:20 PM
You don't need validation from a mass of people to know if any allegation is right or wrong, do you?

Also, when you put up a thread like this, many "mediocre" people like me may interprete this as a veiled attempt to say that you guys better appreciate me or I'm gone. But obviously the vast majority of members appreciate you, so you should cheer up and your confusion should be gone..

Yap, I need to know from the members.

You can definitely interpret it according to your liking. To me, it was an honest attempt to know the truth.

It's not appreciation that will drive me, if I know I am doing justice as the BC editor, I am fine.

Zunaid
May 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
Miraz - a fraction of people will not like your opinions and a fraction will. You will have to learn to live with the bouquets as well as the brick-bats. As long as you can separate the self from the fans and from BC, it should all be good.

Kabir
May 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
Bepar ta ektu funny hoye gelo na Miraz bhai? Someone criticizes you, and you're thinking of quitting.

Sorry to say this, but that was kinda childish. Find me an author anywhere in this world who is not criticized for whatever he/she writes. Not necessarily everyone will agree with you, and beat the drums for you.

You mentioned that your objective is to lift BC. If that is the case, you should soon realize that you're in the process of doing just that. Writing match reports, researching and writing articles, etc. Show me another member who did that to match it up with your efforts. Yes, a couple of them did. But that's it...JUST A COUPLE.

And for those of you who suffer from "lack of quality criticisms", you are more than welcome to contribute to BC with your criticism of the team. Not always is it possible to criticize the team who have done a tremendous job for us in the WC. They certainly went beyond my expectations. Yes, they've screwed up a few things here and there...and those things we must bring into light. But don't accuse the editors for not being able to do that. You are free to do your own research and write them in the form of an article too.

As far as one-sided thing goes, heck I'ld prefer in many cases. BD team is the most underappreciated team in this world. And the sooner you realize this, the better it is. Don't just hope that the toddler will become an adult overnight.

Once again Miraz bhai, that was childish. Ektu criticism hojom korte hobe bhai.

Kabir
May 22, 2007, 07:45 PM
It's not appreciation that will drive me, if I know I am doing justice as the BC editor, I am fine.

And what is it that you'll measure this with?

Ajob kaaj karbar.

Navarene
May 22, 2007, 07:52 PM
Not true
Just like Ha Ba makes the whole team look meek and weak, your pacifist posts and analysis makes the BC members / fans look gutless and mindless.

True
You are supposedly summarizing what the BD fans are thinking. And you are misrepresenting us to the outside world.

SS
May 22, 2007, 07:55 PM
Mr. Miraz...May 25(three more days)...take some rest(only two days as we all expect another article just before the test starts)... please get ready with your pen again (i mean keyboard). Last test is coming and we need to gear up and BD cricket needs a great article from you before the test and after the test.

Tintin
May 22, 2007, 07:56 PM

The recent bulletin is simply a summary that can be read from anywhere else on the web. But you can make it a unique piece by voicing your opinion regarding the happenings of the game.

Or just keep the bulletin as it is and start a seperate opinion piece accompanying the bulletin every now and then. It can analyse issues like the batting order yesterday, analysis of Ashraful as the captain on the first day or whatever is the current flavour. Your opinion, mind you, not as a representative of the forum or fans, though you can always borrow ideas.

Mahir
May 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
Miraz - a fraction of people will not like your opinions and a fraction will. You will have to learn to live with the bouquets as well as the brick-bats. As long as you can separate the self from the fans and from BC, it should all be good.

My sentiments exactly. I dont see any reason for you to resignate.

MarufH
May 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
Miraz Bhai,

Hater paach angool shoman hoi na. Anything you do, you'll have some criticism. "These allegations" are absolutely NOT true.

I know I'm not all that consistent poster, however, I do have BC link on my favorite list, and I click on it at least 20 times daily. One of the main reason for coming to this site is YOU. You are a strong pillar that BC can not afford to lose. Please don't leave.

I hope I'm making a point to you and all those worthless critics who has nothing better to do.

CTazim
May 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
Actually, repeating what Zunaid said, it is difficult to please everyone. But you need to be cognizant that we are forum members at www.banglacricket.com (http://www.banglacricket.com) not at www.worldcricket.com (http://www.worldcricket.com). So, when you are wearing BC hat you need to be cognizant of the sensitivity of the BC fans.

1. While your "official bulletin" may not reflect many of the BC fan members' passion you have to write what you deem is appropriate -and that right comes from the position bestowed upon you by a group of people who has deemed you to be qualified for the position.

However, on many occassions you may have come across (probably without recognizing) to some of us "mediocre" with "no basic understanding of cricket" fan as equally condescending as some of the Indian fans or reporters in their respective cricket forums. You may want to be cognizant of that fact. I understand that while on a forum you represent yourself as a Bangladeshi fan- then you need to qualify your comments accordingly. In that case, forum rules and guidelines should be equally enforced by moderators on you as a member.

3. Since you've opened this thread, I would assume you are genuinely interested in feedback - so that is why I am giving you this-so take it at its face value with no hidden agenda on my part.

4. While you may not realized that how much of a good intention you may have - and trust me, road to hell is paved with good intention - opening of this thread has given the appearance as though you are trying to seek 100% approval or you do not want you job. This thread should not have been opened in the first place. Or does it have the same HaBa Sourav saga written over it? ;)

pocha
May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM
To get the honest opinion you should ask yourself first. Your liking for Bashar is not somethng unknown to all of us but when you put forward your own personal opinion in the form of official match reports its something which lacks merit. I think Sauron had the same feelings. However to open a thread to garner support in this manner is absolutely ridiculous. You have every right to engineer any report as per your own way but an avid fan has also every right to express his dislikings if he has any. So just accept the criticism and move on.

JamesBond
May 22, 2007, 09:21 PM
Hey Miraz

I have known you since WC 2007, and i have never seen any problems in your posting.. you were always helpful not alike some members who used to copy my Game Thread and remove mine because they had better liason..but you helped me out in those matters :).. you are great...you ROCK :)

CTazim
May 22, 2007, 09:33 PM
Billah!! You crack me up!! Well said!!

What ! No poll ?

I propose a poll here. A poll will give us a crystal clear, comprehensive, unbiased, total and complete view of public opinion on the subject. Next, I propose a Khondakar bulletin on the front page about the poll, so the rest of the world know how ALL of us are ever coherently thinking the EXACT same way about a subject matter.

1. NO.
Your analysis and posts are TRUE, UNBIASED and EXACT picture of the mindframe of EACH & EVERY fan of Bangladesh cricket. Therefore, henceforth, you shall write, on our behalf, all news, columns, bulletins (the heck with the definition of a bulletin), analysis, opinion, articles, interviews, tour diaries and everything else for ever and ever and ever. Your accusers should be punished on a public forum and banished for ever and ever.

2. YES. You are misrepresenting the thoughts of BC members, making us look bad. These accusations are grave and you should receive the capital (web versioni) punishment. Disconnect your internet, dump your PC, get on a plane and move to Kiribati.

Miraz: I have one question for you, since we are on the subject.

Think of this hypothetical scenario. Say, there was a discussion on Global Thermonuclear Warfare on a public forum. This forum, among many other, happens to be hosted on the Washington Post newspaper's server.

Now, let's say that one of the general public participating in this discussion happened to mention something I wrote on BC. Can I, then, open a thread on BC and say that one of my pieces was critically analyzed by the experts of the venerable Washington Post? Would that be appropriate or evern true? Or, would it be my shameless attempt in beating my own drum with misleading information?

Help me, please. I'm so confused.

One World
May 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
Ask yoursef, know thyself...

Beamer
May 22, 2007, 09:41 PM
Miraz

This thread shows me that you care about your job at hand. I am not going to criticize you or anybody for volunteering to take up a job that you didn't have to do. You are doing it for the love of the game, specially for Bangladesh cricket by giving valuable time and effort, so we can enjoy this site. Not the place for me to second guess you or other volunteers. That is my opinion and only mine.

Keep up the bulletins. Its enjoyable..

BostonTigers
May 22, 2007, 09:48 PM
I have been a member of Bangla Cricket for the last 2yrs, although I don't have that many posts,I have religiously followed this website. I think it is a great portal for all Bangladesh cricket fans and the contribution of people who put in the effort to maintain this site and write articles on BD cricket like Miraz are truly praiseworthy.

Miraz, your articles are very well researched and written. Your articles show your passion towards BD cricket and Bangla cricket. I personally believe you are doing a fantastic job and should continue with it. It is easy for people to criticize but very few will raise their hands towards taking up a responsibility which you have. I hope that you will not take it to heart much more and continue with the good job you are doing. Don't let a few offbeat comments bogg you down. Keep it up.

Alien
May 22, 2007, 09:53 PM
I wish Habla and Gollah were like Miraz bhai.

Sumon77
May 22, 2007, 10:09 PM
Miraz vai... was this thread really necessary? didnt expect it from a matured member llike you...kinda agree with kabir. However, I appreciate your voluntary effort. its not only you, I think all the staffs of BC doing a good job.

Sumon77
May 22, 2007, 10:10 PM
hahaaa......good one.

BostonTigers
May 22, 2007, 10:19 PM

Is there anyway we could send this thread to the two of them.

Russell2k7
May 22, 2007, 10:39 PM
No man you gotta stay; even if you have a weak spot for Bashar:-D

soccer20reverse
May 22, 2007, 10:45 PM
No Dont go. You're the smartest guy in this forum... after me. I want to take you in as a student and give you a few tips on cricket. You'll be good after that. But thats no reason for leaving.

Kabir
May 22, 2007, 11:20 PM
No Dont go. You're the smartest guy in this forum... after me. I want to take you in as a student and give you a few tips on cricket. You'll be good after that. But thats no reason for leaving.

Funniest comment in this thread so far...really, cracked me up :floor:

kalpurush
May 22, 2007, 11:27 PM

JO 1st Test, 2nd Innings=52 runs!:saint: No comments about HB yet though!!:)

AsifTheManRahman
May 22, 2007, 11:30 PM
Pretty immature thread. There's a difference between asking for feedback and considering resignation based on accusations from a member. If someone criticiszes you, you try to overcome your shortcomings if there is any truth to the criticism; you don't simply give up and resign.

While I appreciate your dedication to BC as well as the quality of your work, there are times when even your bulletins seem pretty opinionated as opposed to reflecting the perspectives of the majority of the members at BC or portraying true proceedings or maintaining a balanced view of things. I guess a small dose of neutrality has the ability to fix this. Having said that, this does not take away anything from the decent job that you're doing.

Once again, you don't quit under criticism; you try to fix the lapses if you find it constructive. If, however, you do find yourself completely out of form over a period of time, then you avoid dinner dates with dada and go have a beer with an aussie. :)

kalpurush
May 22, 2007, 11:35 PM
Miraz bhai...chamey chamey kaita porban...ta hobey na!...chinaman er upni jotil abosthay falaiya dilen amader dekhi!!:doh:

irteja
May 23, 2007, 12:01 AM
miraz bhai thanks...excellent job

Alien
May 23, 2007, 12:15 AM
Is there anyway we could send this thread to the two of them.

Tehsin bhai got contacts up there. So yeah, I wonder if Habla ever logs in here.

Alien
May 23, 2007, 12:19 AM
Miraz Bhai,

Hater paach angool shoman hoi na. Anything you do, you'll have some criticism. "These allegations" are absolutely NOT true.

Doesn't matter if they are true or not. Opinions are like a*$holes, everyone has got 'em. There are 6 billion people with 6 billion mindset....Take the compliments and ignore the complains..thats what I do.

taklima_naj
May 23, 2007, 12:27 AM
If u do that I can say this forum will miss something? and why would u like to take this type decision by hearing a few of the stupid members comments.If u do that that will be another stupidity like hablu. Remember this is forum u have ur right to say something and other stupisd member can make stupid comments, that actually dont hurt the whole system although it is unaccaeptable........................ so carry on.

I also would like to point out ur Superiority where we see u are not in favor of hablu any more although u supported him few days back that means u are ready to face the truth.

normally I dont write so much but I cant leave out this forum and cant miss ur comments( as I always look ur comments) and I can say all of the staffs of BC doing great job

AT last I would request u dont take everything in personal, some of the members make harsh comments to make this forum live and enjoyable.

Kabir
May 23, 2007, 12:36 AM
Okay, guys. That doesn't mean nobody has the right to criticize. Everyone has the right to do constructive criticisms. Lets not call our critiques idiots or stupids just because we're not in agreement. :)

Shafin
May 23, 2007, 01:24 AM
Miraj vai,this move is least expected from you.I thought you would be open to criticism.
I know you put a lot of effort into the forum,but if you behave like this,others will not respond even when you make mistakes,and believe me,it will not be good for you,

I know you were the person who sent me a very rational PM while I was in great stress due to something in this forum,maybe I'll send it back to you :)

Shafin
May 23, 2007, 01:26 AM
I found a way to make you retire. :)

Goodbye,miraj vai.

http://www.wsu.edu/~jirby/kill_chosen.jpg

Shafin
May 23, 2007, 01:27 AM
and here are the ways,just substitute manager with editor.

http://www.apogeemag.com/comics/images/kill001.gif

tutul
May 23, 2007, 01:53 AM
Miraz Bhai, what kinda thread is this? You know we love you and we all want you to stay. You are doing great as an editor. Thank your for your contribution.

CricFanBD
May 23, 2007, 01:59 AM
I am in BC forum for a while. I like this and sometimes I submit a post. But maximum times I read other posts…other opinions. In some cases my comments match exactly with others…I feel delighted…sometimes not…feel good….no problemo. Some persons like to attack person not to the comment…some do both…some do nothing…some always do laughing…lot of things.

But now it is very much prominent that the Forum is almost divided in two groups (in a naked eye).

Group One:

1)Like Bashar, Rajin, Golla, Masud and they allow them to play as long as they like.
2)Don’t mind with “Shommanjonok Porajoy” and go with it with a little long.

Group Two:

1)Don’t like Bashar, Rajin, Golla, Masud and they don’t want to allow them to play for a single minute.
2)Die hard Desperate to win the match in any condition…we have to…cause this is the only one option for this group.

But our motto is one: We love Bangladesh and we want to see our BD team in a respectable position…in the top ranking.

So we need to remember.....

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it." Francois Marie Arouet VOLTAIRE

To Miraz: Plz don’t resign.

Miraz
May 23, 2007, 02:07 AM
Kabir and others who are thinking I am not open to criticism and I made a childish effort by opening this thread.

Criticism is fine. I am open to every bit of criticism. BUt, there is a fine line between criticism and grave allegation.

Look at the allegations made

Just like Ha Ba makes the whole team look meek and weak, your pacifist posts and analysis makes the BC members / fans look gutless and mindless. You are supposedly summarizing what the BD fans are thinking. And you are misrepresenting us to the outside world.To be honest, I can't consider these as criticisms. There are some constructive criticisms in this thread by different members and definitely that will help me.

And the intention of this thread was to know the truth, not to get parade of supports from the fellow members. I admit, there is always a chance to think it in a different way.

Anyway, I do care for my job, and that's why I wanted to know exactly what I am doing.

Finally, I think I have found out the truth, and I will request the Moderators/Admins to close this thread.

Aritro
May 23, 2007, 02:15 AM
Far too much ado about absolutely nothing.

You're doing fine.

Nocturnal
May 23, 2007, 02:23 AM
1.no
2.no
stay.

cricket_king
May 23, 2007, 02:44 AM
miraz bhai......dont listen to what whoever the hell that is has to say. We want you here......so chillax :)

billah
May 23, 2007, 02:59 AM
Billah!! You crack me up!! Well said!!

Happy - I entertained someone.

Sad - Miraz has not answered my question. :(

sunny747
May 23, 2007, 03:26 AM
Miraz, billa and some of other old guys are the best posters here...i usaually read all your posts and u guys are one of the reason why i visit BC. It's true that we encountering some bc member [] and making remarks which actually diminishing the over all quality of BC forum.
Now if you guys retire, this forum will be a complete junk.
just stay......

Sumon77
May 23, 2007, 03:42 AM
Miraz, billa and some of other old guys are the best posters here...i usaually read all your posts and u guys are one of the reason why i visit BC. It's true that we encountering some bc members who has absolutely no cricket knowledge and making remarks which actually diminishing the over all quality of BC forum.
Now if you guys retire, this forum will be a complete junk.
just stay......
Miraz vai... you see... what happened to this thread. Now here some of the posters calling some as stupid, no cricket knowledge and so on though the one for whom you started this thread is a seaoned poster. thats why some here said that was it necessary to open this thread. hopefully it will be closed by moderators soon.

WarWolf
May 23, 2007, 03:42 AM
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

However, I am not getting the clear picture.
Are these allegations true?

I strongly suggest to attach a poll with this thread. Otherwise you would never get the clear picture. But I am sure you will get atleast 80% support in the poll. You are doing a great job. In some of your post or articles i personally couldn't agree with you. In fact it doesn't matter anything at all. Cause we all have different point of views.

For example, yesterday you and most of other members thought we lost a good chance of winning. But IMO, it was zero possible chance. Should I accuse you for differing with my opinion? I don't think so. Different point of views make this forum so interesting and increase our capability of thinking.

In a summery, since you became editor here,IMO, BC became stronger to have a nice voice to the outside world. Thanks for what you are doing and please stay with us.

Protic
May 23, 2007, 04:02 AM
Simply put..i aint risking your articles ..man what you do..you do good for BC. Ignore those users..and continue the good work. No resignations please.

r_kalar_2
May 23, 2007, 04:13 AM
Miraz bhai, just dont judge others by yourself.

Miraz
May 23, 2007, 04:24 AM
Miraz vai... you see... what happened to this thread. Now here some of the posters calling some as stupid, no cricket knowledge and so on though the one for whom you started this thread is a seaoned poster. thats why some here said that was it necessary to open this thread. hopefully it will be closed by moderators soon.

I have requested moderators to close this thread, and I hope it will be done pretty soon.

Protic
May 23, 2007, 04:46 AM
CricfanBD : dude do not include Rajin in the leagues of Pilot,Bashar n Javed.

Tintin
May 23, 2007, 04:47 AM
I have requested moderators to close this thread, and I hope it will be done pretty soon.

Closed

Mike
May 23, 2007, 05:19 AM
[When I was writing about: Miraz, the thread was closed and I think I have the right to express my opinion]

First of all I appreciate, Miraz writing for BC forum/BD cricket, because we don’t have enough good writers except R. Immam. Writing is a creative activity and I always appreciate if anyone writes anything. Therefore, I would say Miraz, you are doing great job for BD cricket. However, I did not find any justification to open this thread to explain personal criticism. It is a very much personal thread and trying to get sympathy from BC members technically. This thread also expresses his personal emotion level. I found Miraz is very much emotional guy and does not watch his mouth to badly criticize others. He used dirty words couple of time in this forum and it made me sick when I have found that he is an Assistant Prof at Dhaka University. Honestly, I was expecting more balance posting from him. By the way, I personally know there are many high caliber/respected people are in this forum.

Okay, guys. That doesn't mean nobody has the right to criticize. Everyone has the right to do constructive criticisms. Lets not call our critiques idiots or stupids just because we're not in agreement:)

Kabir, I think you still remember, this Miraz used this kind (idiots) words to criticize other people. I think you still remember “Chinaman” edited Miraz posting when he used abusive words like this. You will find this evidence from the previous post.

Miraz, your effort to drum up a posse is honestly cracking me up ... almost making me forget the pain and shame of quitting on the first test.

This reminds me of the politics of DU teachers. Don't get your hands dirty, get your serfs to do your bidding.

Anyway, I'm flabbergasted to see how deeply the words of a few members (or should I say one "seasoned" member whose nick starts with S and ends with n and has auro in the middle) can hurt you. You don't need validation from a mass of people to know if any allegation is right or wrong, do you?

The main objective of this thread is that Miraz is trying to give a lesson to Sauron. Sauron criticized Miraz in the other thread. Honestly, I don’t agree with most of Miraz postings. He cannot accept any criticism about Habibul Bashar. Though, at this moment Bashar is one of the most disliked person in Bangladesh.

Finally, I appreciated Miraz’s writing, but I don’t appreciate his emotion and opening this thread.

I never mind, if this thread is also closed. Thanks!!

Tintin
May 23, 2007, 06:01 AM
(Posting on behalf of Miraz)

I have tried to explain couple times the reason behind opening this thread, unfortunately some of our members failed to get the explanation.

It appears from some of the members’ comment that all my posts, bulletins are centred on Habibul Bashar, and that’s why they cannot accept my support towards him.

However, except one bulletin during world cup, I have written no bulletins, reviews or analysis about Bashar, lending support to him is out of question.

In the forum, I should enjoy my freedom as a member and I have every right to like or dislike any player. Likewise, I opened several threads to see the end of Khaled Mashud in the forum, and also couple of threads to remove Bashar from the captaincy as I am not a big fan of his captaincy. I still have big faith on Bashar as a test player and I have no hesitation to express my thoughts on this.

I opened the thread to find out the members’ opinion about couple of allegations made. I could have ignored them and continued what I was doing, writing bulletins, match reports and articles. May be, I should have done that.

However, I felt in a different way. I do care for my Job as BC editor and I have to put a lot of efforts to do justice to my position. I felt, I should know the members opinion about those remarks, and if those are true, it effectively nullify all my efforts. I don’t want to put so much effort for almost nothing, and definitely not to downgrade BC or its members.

We all do voluntary jobs here and mistakes are obvious in every piece of work. I was brave enough to find out my mistakes and opened the thread.

There was no other hidden agenda or any other intentions. It was an honest attempt by a dedicated BC member to gauge the merit of his efforts.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread.