PDA

View Full Version : Bad cricket, best forgotten

Nafis_BD
May 22, 2007, 06:33 PM
Bad cricket, best forgotten.An article from Cricinfo.com:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/295466.html

What do you guys think of it???

I think we definitely should have atleast tried our best to reach the target but still we got a draw and I am happy for that!!!Supporting Bangladesh no matter what but a bit dissapointed though!!!

Kabir
May 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
I think the author smoked ganja before he wrote this.

I don't know, but for some reason, I have a feeling that the author lost track of what he was trying to say. Anyway, poor writing I would say.

Zunaid
May 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
I think this was his best piece so far. Reread the last paragraph. A damning indictment of both India and Bangladesh.

Mahir
May 22, 2007, 09:07 PM
I think this was his best piece so far. Reread the last paragraph. A damning indictment of both India and Bangladesh.

I think so too. Finally found some good understanding of the game of cricket from Mr Monga in this article.

JamesBond
May 22, 2007, 09:23 PM
As it says at the end:

A more experienced side would have gone for this target; then again, a more experienced side would not have been set this target.

gatekeeper
May 23, 2007, 12:16 AM
I think the author smoked ganja before he wrote this.

I don't know, but for some reason, I have a feeling that the author lost track of what he was trying to say. Anyway, poor writing I would say.

Totally disagree. I thought he pretty much nailed it in the head. And the title too is good and telling.

Ahmed_B
May 23, 2007, 02:11 AM
Agreed Cent Percent!

PoorFan
May 23, 2007, 02:19 AM
I would not be surprised even if someone, someday come up with ... "BD never took the challenge or never looked like". Rather I wonder as if this Monga guy visited our forum last night.:)

RazabQ
May 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
Ok, I'm still bummed that we took the cowardly route out instead of giving India some serious worries but Utpal Shuvhros piece is a mighty good piece of apologist writing :)

http://www.prothom-alo.org/index.news.details.php?nid=NjkxNg==&PHPSESSID=a6872b5589218d290d0a789afb36290c

sunny747
May 23, 2007, 03:47 AM
Ok, I'm still bummed that we took the cowardly route out instead of giving India some serious worries but Utpal Shuvhros piece is a mighty good piece of apologist writing :)

http://www.prothom-alo.org/index.news.details.php?nid=NjkxNg==&PHPSESSID=a6872b5589218d290d0a789afb36290c

exactly..i already reffered this article in other thread.....utpal's thinking is absolutely great.....after reading his article,i thought we all missed the cunning propoganda behind dravid's "sportsmanship decleration".

Protic
May 23, 2007, 04:12 AM
Monga is a funny name ! [ My probably 5th off topic post ]
LMAO.

Rabz
May 23, 2007, 09:48 AM
I thought it was an article right on the money.
Neither team played good cricket ( beside SRT, SG, Mashrafee and Shahadat)...
and none looked like winning ...

The writer had the article all summed up very good.