PDA

View Full Version : weather forecast for 2nd test

bd_fan_from_india
May 23, 2007, 01:20 AM
does anybody know what the weather will be like during the 2nd test. is there any chance of rain

Shafin
May 23, 2007, 01:35 AM
weather.yahoo.com,search Dhaka.

gatekeeper
May 23, 2007, 01:38 AM
There was a series of depressions in the Bay of Bengal during the CTG test. That is over now. But whateven the weather maybe, one thing for sure. We'll get a lot more play simply becoause of the good drainage at Mirpur.

Surfer
May 23, 2007, 02:14 AM
I dont think we need depressions for more rains in BD. When is the monsoon hitting BD BTW?

Hatebreed
May 23, 2007, 02:43 AM
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/BGXX0003.html

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s and lows in the low 80s.

cricket_king
May 23, 2007, 02:50 AM
Omg.......all it does is rain there! :(

ammark
May 23, 2007, 03:12 AM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4282/dacmetpc2.jpg

From weather underground

Surfer
May 23, 2007, 03:22 AM
India needs at least three and half days of game to beat BD.

WarWolf
May 23, 2007, 05:19 AM
India needs at least three and half days of game to beat BD.
India needs atleast four days of game to be defeated by BD.

Surfer
May 23, 2007, 05:23 AM
India needs atleast four days of game to be defeated by BD.

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

good one:lol:

sunny747
May 23, 2007, 05:32 AM
i guess we will have a full cricket.........just talked with home....it's hot in dhaka, no cloud......

Surfer
May 23, 2007, 05:34 AM
good news there......clouds better stay away from BD for a few days....

Rabz
May 23, 2007, 09:43 AM
yap... Mirpur got an impressive drainage system...
even if it rains a bit...
we wont loose much of play time..

Tigers_eye
May 23, 2007, 10:35 AM
Omg.......all it does is rain there! :(
mansoon is still a month away, lol. Wait till it comes. The norm for the next two months would be 7 days of pinpinani rain, a day off then another session of seven days. another break for couple of days and repeating the process. I recall back when we were growing up in one year there was 12 days of non-stop raining (mid 70's). Every where it flooded. We played football in grounds which seemed to look like lakes (raining and ankle deep).

Currently it is "Joistho mash" (beginning). So we should be rain free. or just a shower lasting for an hour or so.

cricket_pagol
May 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
As long as it does not shower during the game, i don't think we will lose too much play time...

If Bangladesh wins the toss, i will back them to win or draw the test match.

jinglenuts
May 23, 2007, 10:59 AM
lolz rain again!! damn lol

akabir77
May 23, 2007, 12:34 PM
hope we get some rain on first two days. else we will be doomed...

KnightBD
May 23, 2007, 01:11 PM
How exact are these forecast? Yahoo weather has same forcast for each day !!! The weather network has different forcast !!!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/intl/Pages/BGXX0003.htm#longTerm

or go to www.theweathernetwork.com and search for Dhaka.

Rajowana
May 23, 2007, 01:23 PM
hmm i normally go to this one but it looks accurate...well i think it does lol
http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:BGXX0003

Protic
May 23, 2007, 02:19 PM
Probably no rain.

habfreak
May 23, 2007, 02:22 PM
sorry..what? who are "We"???:mad: speak for yourself and keep the negativity out of this forum! with all due respect to your 4000+ post..that was a ridiculous post!

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 02:25 PM
sorry..what? who are "We"???:mad: speak for yourself and keep the negativity out of this forum! with all due to your 4000+ post..thatas a ridiculous postL-)

good one bro... the power of positive thinking, will we never learn???

Rajowana
May 23, 2007, 02:29 PM
sorry..what? who are "We"???:mad: speak for yourself and keep the negativity out of this forum! with all due respect to your 4000+ post..that was a ridiculous post!

a gd post:)

Protic
May 23, 2007, 02:42 PM
=) Yeah i want 5 days Play and a result.
No Rain.

Rajowana
May 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
=) Yeah i want 5 days Play and a result.
No Rain.

ye same

Protic
May 23, 2007, 02:48 PM
And I also want Nafees to shoot down ( not really ) some indian medicore bowling attacks with his GUN!!
*points his display*

Rajowana
May 23, 2007, 02:49 PM
And I also want Nafees to shoot down ( not really ) some indian medicore bowling attacks with his GUN!!
*points his display*

hahaha lol

ialbd
May 23, 2007, 03:24 PM
uff abar rain.....

Nafis_BD
May 23, 2007, 04:16 PM
I am really not too concerned about the weather of Dhaka right now cause thunders storms in Dhaka usually last untill only 5 to 10 minutes and plus the Mirpur stadium has great drainage system!!!!

brishti
May 23, 2007, 04:45 PM
aww.. gonna miss tamim and mushfiq in the test match :sigh:

akabir77
May 23, 2007, 05:05 PM

come down to planet earth. you may dream like a school girl but i am not and know there r more like me so who r u to tell me to use WE or I here? besides this is a public forum i have right to say what i feel i don't need your permission and last time i checked u r not given the power to mod this forum or any responsibility of any kind. Go and watch some games then come here to do your lafa lafi.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 05:37 PM
well, it may rain... then again it may not.

CricFan001
May 23, 2007, 05:56 PM
Rain or shine, Bangladesh will play good cricket and win 2nd test and the series 1-0.

habfreak
May 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
come down to planet earth. you may dream like a school girl but i am not and know there r more like me so who r u to tell me to use WE or I here? besides this is a public forum i have right to say what i feel i don't need your permission and last time i checked u r not given the power to mod this forum or any responsibility of any kind. Go and watch some games then come here to do your lafa lafi.
Buddy, trust me I've sat in a lot of empty stadiums to watch this team play; when everyone else was investing their money to watch the big teams play! Remember 1998 Independence cup in Dhaka? India-Pakistan game was sold out...my friends made fun of me for wasting my money on BD games!
I'm sick of "Experts" like you...and I'm glad your days are over! Now you can go hang with Atahar and Faruikka L-)... while I cheer for this wonderful young team...who neither need rain nor fans like you! :flag: btw..have u heard the song "I've got u under my skin"? :p

Protic
May 23, 2007, 10:29 PM
=) Who wants rain? We want a 5 day game..and a hard eanred win!
Im sure "NONE" of us wants 2 days rain.

kalpurush
May 24, 2007, 12:22 AM
good news there......clouds better stay away from BD for a few days....

Nijer mouth nijey daika anley karu kichu korer nai!;)

habfreak
May 24, 2007, 12:26 AM
=) Who wants rain? We want a 5 day game..and a hard eanred win!
Im sure "NONE" of us wants 2 days rain.
win or lose...that should be the spirit!
btw...do u know Abir (SN) personally? it sure looks that way from ur avatar.:D

bd_fan_from_india
May 24, 2007, 12:34 AM

this has got to be one of the worst ever posts on banglacricket. and that too it comes from someone with over 4800+ posts.

u guys claim that bd have improved, so if bd has to draw, it should be achieved playing all 5 days, and u guys should not pray for rain to occur. bd has achieved only 2 non-rain affected draws in 45 tests over 7 years. other 4 draws were rain-affected.

Faisal
May 24, 2007, 01:41 AM
i hope no rain:)

Surfer
May 24, 2007, 03:08 AM
Nijer mouth nijey daika anley karu kichu korer nai!;)

Beg your pardon....couldnt understand that....:o

Surfer
May 24, 2007, 03:10 AM

I agree with you.......if it does not rain, our team will win in the first three days...

Trigger_Tiger
May 24, 2007, 03:44 AM
this has got to be one of the worst ever posts on banglacricket. and that too it comes from someone with over 4800+ posts.

u guys claim that bd have improved, so if bd has to draw, it should be achieved playing all 5 days, and u guys should not pray for rain to occur. bd has achieved only 2 non-rain affected draws in 45 tests over 7 years. other 4 draws were rain-affected.

Bro, that is an isolated case so please do not use the word "YOU".....thanks.

As for the weather, it looks like whatever rain there is, it will all occur during the night time. If this weather prediction is correct, then there should be ample time for the water to naturally drain enough. With the ground well drianed naturally, the groundsmen can sop up whatever is left and the sun can take care of the rest.

I'm not expecting more than an hour's delay max on any day. Could be a 30 minutes delay on the first day it seems.

Anyways, I sure hope Bangladesh win this one :-)!!!!!

billah
May 24, 2007, 03:58 AM

This is just too much mouth from the fan of a team who we kicked out of the first round of world cup.:shh:

Surfer
May 24, 2007, 04:54 AM
This is just too much mouth from the fan of a team who we kicked out of the first round of world cup.:shh:

thats a losers statement from a winning team....if you are flying so high winning a couple of matches, where would you be if BD wins a tournament tomorrow? Learn to behave dude...

Protic
May 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
Lots of lots of rain and thunderstorm here.. [banani].. i called up a friend @ mirpur..he said its raining badly there aswell.. How ironic.. no rain since last 5 days..and now a lot of rain night before the match. :( Damn.

bd_fan_from_india
May 24, 2007, 07:43 AM
i dont think there was anything wrong in my post. if bangladesh have improved, then they have to show it by playing out all 5 days and drawing the test match without praying for the rain to occur. i was only saying that u guys should not pray for the rain, but u should pray that it rains, but runs off the bat of bangladesh batsmen

Protic
May 24, 2007, 07:59 AM
bd_fan_from_india : dude..not all of us wants rain.. some does.. but im sure they are very small in numbers. We want a 5 day match and a result.

TO AKABIR : man..YOU DIDNT REALLY HAD TO POST " WHAT YOU THINK " .. 2 days of rain or else we are doomed? Huh..

akabir77
May 24, 2007, 09:38 AM
Buddy, trust me I've sat in a lot of empty stadiums to watch this team play; when everyone else was investing their money to watch the big teams play! Remember 1998 Independence cup in Dhaka? India-Pakistan game was sold out...my friends made fun of me for wasting my money on BD games!
I'm sick of "Experts" like you...and I'm glad your days are over! Now you can go hang with Atahar and Faruikka L-)... while I cheer for this wonderful young team...who neither need rain nor fans like you! :flag: btw..have u heard the song "I've got u under my skin"? :p

Great to hear that you were there to watch bd as was I.Listen What I am saying you know in your hart to but you wanna show spirit then i am fine with that. But what happens is you guys show too much spirit and then come here next day to ask for all the players head and such. yeah may be you don't do that but most young people who have no clue reads comments like yours and gets a feelings that we will/must/should win. First of all in cricket no one can say who will win let alone between two closely strength teams. So i wanted to have the young readers a different kind post so that they know there r people who thinks it won't be easy. beside faruk and ather gave you this young team. all the other before them gave us WC2003 remember that?

Again its not up to you whom bd needs as a fan or who can follow BD. I think BD needs more fan who understand cricket. (Yes i saw many people who had no clue but went to see cricket games in stadiums). I think BD will do more good with fan like me as they know even if they don't do good i will be here (my 4k+ post proves that) unlike some members here who opens threads like water and says they r wasting money and blah blah blah.

And To the INdian... guy. STop it. I / we don't need to listen from an indian fan like you who burns their players house after one loss. who had no idea where the other teams r and falls from sky when they get their A$$ kicked. Did you already forgot about that? your A$$ is already ok or there r still pain in there? I wish half the fans from india had half the knowledge of Dravid. I am saying what is practical, I don't dream like you with a faltu team like yours to become champions or something.

BTW I am not afraid that that the Indian awesome!!! bowling will beat Bangladesh its our rash shot loving batsmen i worry that will lose the game.

habfreak I hope you understand my point of view...

BonBon
May 24, 2007, 09:40 AM
Protic you changed your Avatar....

bd_fan_from_india : dude..not all of us wants rain.. some does.. but im sure they are very small in numbers. We want a 5 day match and a result.

TO AKABIR : man..YOU DIDNT REALLY HAD TO POST " WHAT YOU THINK " .. 2 days of rain or else we are doomed? Huh..

akabir77
May 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
This article sums up both of our views...

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cricinfomagazine/content/current/story/294545.html

Protic
May 24, 2007, 10:05 AM
BonBon : Yeah :p You like the new one?

AKabir : I get your point man.. didnt meant to be rude earliar.. :) CHeers.. *shakes hand*

fai_hasan
May 24, 2007, 10:13 AM
there is chance of a bit of rain with thunder storm. but the tempareture would be 28 degree +

so pretty worm and fun.

for further details check this out

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/hourbyhour/BGXX0003?begHour=9&begDay=145

Murad
May 24, 2007, 11:22 AM
lolz rain again!! damn lol

why you laughing out loud for rain?

Protic
May 24, 2007, 11:48 AM
win or lose...that should be the spirit!
btw...do u know Abir (SN) personally? it sure looks that way from ur avatar.:D

No ..not really.. but my dad ..he's friend is SN's wifey's daddy.. and my dad knows SN's wifey well. T_T I regret for not having a connection with that family..lol .. but i'll get to know SN as soon they are a bit free.. (through dad :D)
And by the way..the SN pic with a shotgun is edited. I created this to use as my avatar.

Faisal
May 24, 2007, 12:14 PM
i dont think there will be any game today. It was raining whole day. and also still raining at night. and its raining like cats & dogs.

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
after the intense t-strom tonight, the most violent of the season so far, we're looking at a 2-hour delay as the best case scenario. if it doesn't rain again and if the sun balzes bright and early tomorrow... big ifs but weirder things have happened... overstaing the obvious again, why? i don't wanna know. :-|

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
No ..not really.. but my dad ..he's friend is SN's wifey's daddy.. and my dad knows SN's wifey well. T_T I regret for not having a connection with that family..lol .. but i'll get to know SN as soon they are a bit free.. (through dad :D)
And by the way..the SN pic with a shotgun is edited. I created this to use as my avatar.

SN went to school with my cuz sydney... nice guys both.

cricket_dorshok
May 24, 2007, 01:05 PM
i dont think there will be any game today. It was raining whole day. and also still raining at night. and its raining like cats & dogs.
durr, abar bristy!! hope no rain anymore

Protic
May 24, 2007, 01:07 PM
If sun shines brightly tomorrow morning.. a full day is on the cards..
But most probably we'll have an hour delay.

Sohel : bruv..cool :)

jinglenuts
May 24, 2007, 01:13 PM
i gues it's gonna rain 2day:o

Rajowana
May 24, 2007, 01:14 PM
shanty nai!!!!!!!

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 01:16 PM
shanty nai!!!!!!!

cute one... ;)

Zunaid
May 24, 2007, 01:31 PM
shanty nai!!!!!!!

Shanty acche. Think of them during inclement weather.

http://www.principalvoices.com/images/2006/urban/shanty.town.jpg

Rajowana
May 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
cute one... ;)

lolz...Ive jus realised ur avatar is kinda funny lol

Rizvi
May 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
cute one... ;)

lolz...Ive jus realised ur avatar is kinda funny lol

I don't get the avatar. why can't we view the picture?

Aritro
May 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
SN went to school with my cuz sydney... nice guys both.

Is he really 21?

I've been wondering about that.

Protic
May 24, 2007, 01:57 PM
Okay a weather update : I called up a friend ..who lives like a road beside the stadium.. he said ..the rain effect isnt much..can dry up..if there is no rain over night..and decent sunshine at morning.
He also said " India bristy sathe niya ghure "
:D

jinglenuts
May 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
Okay a weather update : I called up a friend ..who lives like a road beside the stadium.. he said ..the rain effect isnt much..can dry up..if there is no rain over night..and decent sunshine at morning.
He also said " India bristy sathe niya ghure "
:D

lolzz i really hope it doesn't rain 2mo. buh here d atmospheer is really swamy! shokaale brishty hoyile toh obosthhaa tight!

Faisal
May 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
it could be 3 or 4 hours delay, caz it was raining in dhaka, as my friend told me.
so yah could be washout too. caz it was too much rain.

habfreak
May 24, 2007, 04:12 PM
I agree with you.......if it does not rain, our team will win in the first three days...
you don't deserve a response...u r just seeking attention and humiliating your team and country in the process!
U Certainly deserve a response...nice observation. But please don't say "You"...just check the responses that certain post received from true Tiger fans!
lol...I've played with him a few times...and he beat the Cr*p out of my medium pacers :-p
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

habfreak
May 24, 2007, 04:19 PM
habfreak I hope you understand my point of view...
I understand but respectfully disagree!
Nothing wrong with young people having a different approach about our team and the game. I've seen this team develop infront of my eyes...I remember the dissapointment I felt a s 10 year old in 1993, then winning the ICC tophy in 1997 and the rest is history! I strongly believe there are two things you learn from previous generations...what to do and WHAT NOT TO DO!
I understand your point of view and respectfully disagree...and expect the same in return...only to be dissapointed! :flag:

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 05:00 PM
Shanty acche. Think of them during inclement weather.

http://www.principalvoices.com/images/2006/urban/shanty.town.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... :floor: :floor: :floor: ... :D ... drole bro

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
Is he really 21?

I've been wondering about that.

as far as i know bro... :D

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
I don't get the avatar. why can't we view the picture?

i'll put it back after the match... then you can watch and think about it... :D

Fazal
May 25, 2007, 10:59 AM

Ustadey Koiseelow... beshi lafa lafi na kortey.... kew shunlow na Ostader Kotha.:D

sensible
May 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
can we do some cloud seeding? may be that'll bring the necessary result....

akabir77
May 25, 2007, 02:14 PM
I understand but respectfully disagree!
Nothing wrong with young people having a different approach about our team and the game. I've seen this team develop infront of my eyes...I remember the dissapointment I felt a s 10 year old in 1993, then winning the ICC tophy in 1997 and the rest is history! I strongly believe there are two things you learn from previous generations...what to do and WHAT NOT TO DO!
I understand your point of view and respectfully disagree...and expect the same in return...only to be dissapointed! :flag:

I am fine with your disagreement And I respect and value all the BD fans point. but the way you posted your first post shows what kind of .. anyway i am not going to go that rout.
Just don't think that you have the right to tell anyone who can follow who and what should they think or post.

syzygy
May 25, 2007, 02:24 PM

u r right, unless it rains bd is doomed.

Protic
May 25, 2007, 02:34 PM
Syzgy : not yet..just a DAY passed..you cant tell.