PDA

View Full Version : Sledging on the 5th day

sensible
May 23, 2007, 08:44 AM
Anandabazar reports that on the 5th day Bangladeshi players had the better body language. They didnot even hesitate to talk back to Sourav-Sachin. According to Anandabazar, at one point when Sourav-Sachin were having a mid-wicket conference, Ash walk by saying "Both has problems to stay in the team, so keep the pressure up!". When Sourav hit a 6, he reportedly walked back to Ash and told him "you would understand only if you're in a similar pressure situation as me!".

I find this whole conversation entertaining!

Tahsin Chowdhury
May 23, 2007, 08:59 AM
i found da whole thing vry boring,n ananda bazar is da biggest dump paper in dis world,tara ja lekhe paper bikri er jonno lekhe,gorom gorom khobor...lol

Surfer
May 23, 2007, 09:00 AM
I guess the Anand Bazar journalist was sitting in the middle of the pitch as he heard what no one else did?:D

BTW some bit of exchange is good. But I dont think the BD players were in that aggressive mindset that day......if they were, they didnt show it in their game well enough.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 09:04 AM
anondobajar's a good paper with a long history of adding fuel to the fire... except that ususally there is no fire. kind of like jugantor and jo(ghon)nokont'ho in dhaka... :D

Nafi
May 23, 2007, 09:05 AM
I guess the Anand Bazar journalist was sitting in the middle of the pitch as he heard what no one else did?:D

BTW some bit of exchange is good. But I dont think the BD players were in that aggressive mindset that day......if they were, they didnt show it in their game well enough.

Something called a stump mic

Tigers_eye
May 23, 2007, 09:13 AM
The transcript is not available to everyone. Journalist hear what we hear while watching the game in TV.

Surfer
May 23, 2007, 09:20 AM

Was it a private mic that was connected to Anandbazar's office? I am asking how only one newspaper had exclusive access to a piece of conversation in the middle which no other journalist could hear...

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 09:25 AM
cool sledging... i can dig it. does anybody know the details on the little exchange between mash and zaheer khan when pagla was on the warpath with the bat??? i thought i saw something... i'm sure it wasn't as witty as the one between ash and gangu dada...:)

Aritro
May 23, 2007, 09:26 AM
Or maybe someone, possibly Ashraful, mentioned it to this journalist in an off-the-cuff comment?

Bloody hell, it hardly warrants dissection.

Rabz
May 23, 2007, 09:33 AM
A good sledging is always good in cricket...

billah
May 23, 2007, 12:14 PM
Of the many other things picked up by the stump microphone, I heard part of that comment by Ash. His voice is distinctively different than that of Masud. Ashraful is known to dig up stuff about the players and use them during Test matches.

Some of you might remember Ash's antics during the test match against the Aussies. He reminded Shane Warne that he was on the verge of breaking the world record for ducks. Ash said something very funny to Clark also. Clark was so irked, he got out after just a couple more deliveries.

We are bound to pick up some more of these gems from Ash in the next Test, specially if he fields at Silly mid on. It is so refreshing to see and hear these. When Habla mia is kissing the feet of the enemy, Ash is there to show them the necessary disrespect.

knightrider357
May 23, 2007, 12:23 PM
i dont think there is anything wrong with this kind of sledging...
even Dhoni was sledging on 4th day when Pilot walked in to bat... DHoni said something like this "Don aaya hai bat karne... Bradman hai ... thik se ball karo"... :)

players all over the world do this kind of things.... makes the game more interesting... check out some of the clips on you tube... this one is a classic from Sangakkara ,hope our Mushfiq learns english someday and starts talking like this instead of saying "lallla lalla" all the time....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlFF98dM8sA

ManInBlack
May 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
anondobajar's a good paper with a long history of adding fuel to the fire... except that ususally there is no fire. kind of like jugantor and jo(ghon)nokont'ho in dhaka... :D

Cant agree about Jugantor...I think Jugantor is a very gutsy newspaper.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cant agree about Jugantor...I think Jugantor is a very gutsy newspaper.

except when it comes to reporting facts rather than conjectures, and (da boss) NI Babul's black money, crimes and murders... ;)

Aritro
May 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
even Dhoni was sledging on 4th day when Pilot walked in to bad... DHoni said something like this "Don aaya hai bat karne... Bradman hai ... thik se ball karo"... :)

players all over the world do this kind of things.... makes the game more interesting... check out some of the clips on you tube... this one is a classic from Sangakkara ,hope our Mushfiq learns english someday and starts talking like this instead of saying "lallla lalla" all the time....

Excellent clip.

Also, in fairness to Mushfiq, he's quite a proficient English speaker. You wouldn't know from hearing the repetitive stuff he comes out with behind the stumps though.

AsifTheManRahman
May 23, 2007, 01:02 PM
Mushfiq's english is fine. If he's not sledging, it's probably because that's the way he is.

Well there were many moments where words were exchanged even on the fourth day. There was this one time when Zaheer was bowling to Mortaza and he threw the ball back to him after picking it up on his follow through. He then said something to Mortaza, and Mortaza shut him up in response.

BanCricFan
May 23, 2007, 01:02 PM
Check out this one by Freddie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NFbVx0uN8&mode=related&search=

layperson
May 23, 2007, 01:19 PM
When Habla mia is kissing the feet of the enemy, Ash is there to show them the necessary disrespect.

:floor: Loved this comment. I too heard ashraful saying a few words in the middle. He is chirpy and talks a lot in the field. I think he will make a more positive and inspirational captain than our current "feet kisser". IN fact all the younger players are very postive out in the field and agggressive in intent. Kobe je buirar dol gulake team theke ber korbe. I cant wait to see the Bangladesh team comprising of just the fearless cricketers who will ramapage the cricket world. :waiting:

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
:floor: Loved this comment. I too heard ashraful saying a few words in the middle. He is chirpy and talks a lot in the field. I think he will make a more positive and inspirational captain than our current "feet kisser". IN fact all the younger players are very postive out in the field and agggressive in intent. Kobe je buirar dol gulake team theke ber korbe. I cant wait to see the Bangladesh team comprising of just the fearless cricketers who will ramapage the cricket world.:waiting:

AMEN!!! :)

Mike
May 23, 2007, 02:07 PM
Check out this one by Freddie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NFbVx0uN8&mode=related&search=

Thanks very cute.

gatekeeper
May 23, 2007, 03:27 PM
These things are so common these days that it should not really make it to the newspapers. Don't suppose this particular newspapers is of very high quality.

Anher
May 23, 2007, 03:45 PM
আনন্দবাজার আপনাদের আনন্দ দেয়ার জন্য লিকছে। সব ভুয়া খবর।

ammark
May 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
even Dhoni was sledging on 4th day when Pilot walked in to bad... DHoni said something like this "Don aaya hai bat karne... Bradman hai ... thik se ball karo"... :)

That Anita Rani babe makes my day :-D

Nafi
May 23, 2007, 04:48 PM
this one is a classic from Sangakkara ,hope our Mushfiq learns english someday

Clearly you have never heard him speak english, as his english is great.

amethyst
May 23, 2007, 10:55 PM
Or maybe someone, possibly Ashraful, mentioned it to this journalist in an off-the-cuff comment?

Bloody hell, it hardly warrants dissection.

kothay jeno porlam "Dada" is being a double-agent.... ;) probably it was him! E-) :lol:

knightrider357
May 23, 2007, 11:49 PM
Clearly you have never heard him speak english, as his english is great.

i saw a small interview of Mushfiq before the India tour (infact i posted that clip somewhere in this forum)... and i know he can speak English!!!...

but i dont think he is fluent enough, or most likely, he doesnt yet have the confidence to say things like Sangakkara or Gilchrist... Mushfiq does a great job behind the wicket encouraging our players all the time... i hope he can learn this art of sledging very soon... play the mind game... throw some sarcastic remarks to the batsman once in a while and take his game to a whole new level... :D

Trigger_Tiger
May 24, 2007, 10:04 AM
Sorry, I cannot believe Ash said that. Ash can only say things in a playful manner. If someone in our team CAN actually unnerve any international player, it HAS to be Shahadat Hossain :cool:!!!!!

Nafi
May 24, 2007, 12:03 PM
I cannot believe Ash said that. Ash can only say things in a playful manner

trust me, ash does like to poke with players. I asked SN once 'what was wrong with the batting lately' (after WC) ash replied 'his stupid hair gets in the way' :lol:

al Furqaan
May 24, 2007, 02:33 PM
trust me, ash does like to poke with players. I asked SN once 'what was wrong with the batting lately' (after WC) ash replied 'his stupid hair gets in the way' :lol:

lol...

get ready for an ashraful century at dhaka.