PDA

View Full Version : Is McInnes the right choice?

User Name
May 23, 2007, 09:55 AM
Two Major Issues:

1) Doesn't have experience as an international player. Domestic record is also pretty thin.

2) Lost temper often in his previous stint with the BD team.

Thoughts?

Aritro
May 23, 2007, 09:58 AM
Two Major Issues:

1) Doesn't have experience as an international player. Domestic record is also pretty thin.

Thoughts?
1) Buchanan played Grade cricket

2) Also presided over the finest generation of talent we've ever produced and aided the development of arguably the best U/19s team in the world. Given some of the moronic errors our players are prone to, a coach with a temper will be a timely inclusion.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 09:59 AM
Two Major Issues:

Thoughts?

that happens bro... i just look at what he has done with the HP squad and KNOW that he's the best choice... :D

billah
May 23, 2007, 12:20 PM
Two Major Issues:

Thoughts?

McInnes by now has substantial education and experience in developing cricket. He has also proven to have an eye for talent. His temper was with the press, not with the players. With the players, it was a discipline issue. Some of the older players did not want to train very hard. McInnes took action against that.

Anon Kafka
May 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
1) Buchanan played Grade cricket

2) Also presided over the finest generation of talent we've ever produced and aided the development of arguably the best U/19s team in the world. Given some of the moronic errors our players are prone to, a coach with a temper will be a timely inclusion.

ahaha well said very well said, bangladesh really needs a coach who has a temper and isnt afraid to show it. let our talent laden inconsistent batsmen quake in their boots

Beamer
May 23, 2007, 12:27 PM
McInnes by now has substantial education and experience in developing cricket. He has also proven to have an eye for talent. His temper was with the press, not with the players. With the players, it was a discipline issue. Some of the older players did not want to train very hard. McInnes took action against that.

Thats correct. His ice bath treatment didn't go down well with some oldies. You will see how quickly that smirk dissapears from HaBa's face after sitting in a drum of ice water..:wave:

SS
May 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
Some senior players indeed didn't listen and that caused problem. Now we all know who is performing and who is not. Our voice is stronger and now we know what is good for our team. I just wish our voices(BC and its members) reach to the selectors more often.

skhondoker
May 23, 2007, 12:33 PM
from cricinfo:
New Zealander expected to take Brisbane-based role
Wright could be next academy coach

So it means .... no wright....

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 12:34 PM
Thats correct. His ice bath treatment didn't go down well with some oldies. You will see how quickly that smirk dissapears from HaBa's face after sitting in a drum of ice water..:wave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... :floor: :floor: :floor: ... :shh:

CTazim
May 23, 2007, 12:37 PM
I just want to add McInnes has been very positive with Banglacricket.com (BC). No? He has provided feedback as observer to BC. He has been in touch with the fans on a regular basis. . I do not have a problem with McInnes treatment of some of the media in Bangladesh. And I think McInnes is mature enough to make appropriate adjustment went warranted. Especially the ones that write without any basic understanding of how the game should have been played in the first place.

We need change!! Change is needed! McInnes should be the best choice at this time.

Also, BC had a very good relationship with McInnes in the past with the likes of Chinaman, et al. Banglacricket.com needs to be proactive of the fact and not let any "one man show" ruin it in the coming future. ;) ;) ;)

AsifTheManRahman
May 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
Abar jingay. McInnes is the boss, period.

cricket_pagol
May 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
His temper has never been a problem with the players... all the new generation players love him.

Besides, after leaving Bangladesh he has been involved with the training of the australian national team... so i am sure that he more experienced than before.

yaseer
May 23, 2007, 12:53 PM
McInnes is the right choice for the post of assistant coach........For the position of head coach, I have some doubt.

Tokai
May 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
Two Major Issues:

Thoughts?
1: There are over 1000 players with international experience. Which one do you want as coach! None of the successful coach had a successful international career.

2: I want him to lose temper like that as many times a needed to get those lazy bums working. Yes, him becoming a coach will for sure mean a clash between him and pilot and bashar. and I WANT THAT.

I don't see the point of asking question for the sake of asking without merit.

User Name
May 23, 2007, 02:34 PM
What are McInnes' credentials as a player? did he play any first class cricket?

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 02:37 PM
let's make HaBa the coach, he has international experience... and seems a gentle fellow... E-)

mali007
May 23, 2007, 02:47 PM
Under his coach BD under19 was one of the top teams in world and most of our young
talented players were his product. So, Dev owe Miccines for his success!!! So, Miccines
will be the right choice.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 02:49 PM
>:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

... the 666th post. i'm spending way too much time in here.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 02:50 PM
that was scary...

Protic
May 23, 2007, 02:55 PM
Sohel : bruv..Bashar as the coach?
[edit..]
That is scary :D

Tokai
May 23, 2007, 02:56 PM
let's make HaBa the coach, he has international experience... and seems a gentle fellow... E-)

According to 'User Names' questions, he should be the perfect choice for him!

gatekeeper
May 23, 2007, 03:22 PM
There are no certainties in these things but from his record with BD cricekt he is and ideal choice. The peripheral stuff will take care of itself if he performs. Remember, not everybody personally liked Whatmore.

gatekeeper
May 23, 2007, 03:24 PM
.......also, it matters little if wether he performed at the top level as a player. Most of the best coaches in any sport are average and 'frustrated' players.

Umar
May 23, 2007, 03:27 PM
How About "DE WINTER"?? he was good Coach for BD under 19 . why dont people consider him?

jahidus200
May 23, 2007, 03:30 PM
i think that will be really poor decision if maccines is bangladesh coach i just said that bangladesh should look for some another coach

Zunaid
May 23, 2007, 03:39 PM
i think that will be really poor decision if maccines is bangladesh coach i just said that bangladesh should look for some another coach

why.

Zunaid
May 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
How About "DE WINTER"?? he was good Coach for BD under 19 . why dont people consider him?

De Winter was McInnes replacement. He too is a good chap. But do look at where McInnes' career path has been taking him after he joined Baggy Green. That surely is a positive annotation on his resume.

BTW, here's BC interview with De Winter:

Interview with Allister de Winter (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=326) - G. M. Bashar (16th June, 2005)
Here's a McInnes INterview:

U-19 Coach McInnes Interview (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=120) - Faruq Hasan (21st January, 2004)
Here are some articles on McInnes at BC:

Richard Mcinnes- Coach, Bangladesh U19 team (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=135) - Zobair Anam (20th February, 2004)
A critique to Richard McInnes, The U19 coach (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=134) - Adnan Sadeque (20th February, 2004)
Here are some articles by McInnes on BC:

Rotating the strike (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=264) (4th November, 2004)
Player injury status and availability (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=251) (30th September, 2004)
U19 Tour Stats (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=239) (30th August, 2004)
Coach's Report: U19 Test Three (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=235) (20th August, 2004)
Coach's Report: U19 Test Two (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=231) (14th August, 2004)
Coach's Report: U19 Test One (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=226) (31st July, 2004)
Media Release: Bangladesh U19 Program 2004 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=206) (28th June, 2004)
The Matrix (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=177) (14th May, 2004)
Perspective on the BD U-19 Team: An Early Summary (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=148) (6th March, 2004)
Canada and Uganda Games (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=142) (25th February, 2004)
Reply to critique (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=137) (20th February, 2004)
Match Report: OD1 - BD A in UAE (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/article.php?item=300) (2nd February, 2005)

Anher
May 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
হাবাকে পিডা দেয়ার জন্য একটা মিলিটারি টাইপ কোচ দরকার। যে টান্ডার দিন-এ টান্ডা পানিতে আর গরমের দিনে গরম পানিতে ছুবিয়ে রাখবে।

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 04:12 PM
Sohel : bruv..Bashar as the coach?
:@ Lets get you married with Sir Elton John.
That is scary :D

a little too straight for sir eltie, i'm afraid... don't dig the music that much either... :(

cricket_pagol
May 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
Nice compilation Dr.Z. I have not read many of these articles before... there is such a wealth of information. His thought pattern is very impressive, and he was always trying to reach out during his articles. I think BC was a perfect platform for McInnes to spread his words of wisdom. Too bad he did not get along with our media.

Do you have more info about his career path after he left Bangladesh? I get bits and pieces of information from news but I don't have a complete picture of his achievements after he left BD U-19.

Zunaid
May 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
21 October, 2005

Richard McInnes appointed Performance Analyst of Australian cricket team

Cricket Australia today appointed Commonwealth Bank Centre of Excellence (CBCE) Senior Coach Richard McInnes to the new position of Performance Analyst of the Australian men’s cricket team.

McInnes, 31, will take on the new full-time role as part of Australian team management next month in the lead-up the first 3-Mobile Test match against the West Indies in Brisbane.

The new position will be solely responsible for coordinating the team's video analysis and computer software operations, a role formerly undertaken by Australian Assistant Coaches, Tim Nielsen, and later Jamie Siddons and Dene Hills.

Cricket Australia Chief Executive Officer James Sutherland said one of the findings of an ongoing review into Australian cricket was the need to dedicate a full-time resource to the Performance Analyst role.

More (http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=mediareleasedisplay&id=35472)

After the then BCCB delayed rehiring McInnes (he was very willing to continue), Richard went on to become Senior Coach at the Commonwealth Bank Centre of Excellence (http://www.ais.org.au/cricket/indexm.asp), he was brought into the direct coaching management team of the Aussies. Being one of 2nd level coaching management under Buchanan is a good thing indeed. But most importantly, we saw how he forged a group of teens into a confident world beating outfit.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
good to know zunaid bhai. maybe he should head the new selection committee also, what'd you think?

billah
May 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
For a while, BCB was sending our kids to the Commonwealth Bank Center of Excellence.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
For a while, BCB was sending our kids to the Commonwealth Bank Center of Excellence.

from his track record it seems that he really gives a damn our cricket... he knows the players better than anyone else... abar polapingo jhari-tari maira manusho korbar pare... i wonder why he ISN'T the right choice???

feisal
May 23, 2007, 04:53 PM
A Caveat: Greg chappeell o kintu was suggested by then indian captain/players.. and came highly recommended and everyone around (including people who are talking against him. e,g., sunny, shashtry.)had the same feelings about him..just like the most forum mmebers have.. he was strict too.. not to mention his track record as a player/cricketig knowledge.. .. Howver, he did not know the culture..never played in India.. our RM at least knows what to expect and how things are run...

fai_hasan
May 23, 2007, 04:57 PM
before you say anything bad about him i think you would consider this article, where it states clearly

"Richard Mcinnes, the Australian who guided Bangladesh to the under-19 World Cup plate title in 2004, is all set to replace Dav Whatmore as Bangladesh's national cricket coach. "

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2059911.cms

fai_hasan
May 23, 2007, 04:58 PM
quality that counts not the personal career.

Fahim
May 23, 2007, 05:42 PM
please don't bash me for this:
who is bangladesh's U19 coach? was mcinnes a former bd u19 coach?

Aritro
May 23, 2007, 05:45 PM
A Caveat: Greg chappeell o kintu was suggested by then indian captain/players.. and came highly recommended and everyone around (including people who are talking against him. e,g., sunny, shashtry.)had the same feelings about him..just like the most forum mmebers have.. he was strict too.. not to mention his track record as a player/cricketig knowledge.. .. Howver, he did not know the culture..never played in India.. our RM at least knows what to expect and how things are run...

All these leading figures in Indian cricket might have done well to pay attention to his actual record as a coach, which was pretty ordinary.

Unlike McInnes. I really hope this is true.

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 05:45 PM

check out this thread dude, maybe one post at a time... :smug:

Sohel
May 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
you should start at the beginning.

Aritro
May 23, 2007, 05:48 PM

Why would anyone bash you?

We'd only have bashed you if you'd written this post in l33t speak and used lots of unneccessary exclamation mark ;)

The current underage coach is an Australian called Allistair De Winter.

Richard McInnes was the coach from 04-06 (he may have started earlier) and oversaw the development of players like Nafees, Aftab, Shahadat and Nafis Iqbal in the first batch, and Sakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Mehrab and co. in the second batch. His record as an underage coach is impeccable.

Ejaj
May 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
I will be so happy if Mac. becomes the coach. Nothing can be better than this.

cricket_pagol
May 23, 2007, 10:28 PM
The new position will be solely responsible for coordinating the team's video analysis and computer software operations, a role formerly undertaken by Australian Assistant Coaches, Tim Nielsen, and later Jamie Siddons and Dene Hills. (http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=mediareleasedisplay&id=35472)

The list of former assistant coach is very impressive... I am really looking forward to having McInnes at the helm... if Jamie Siddons decide to join him that would be terrific!!!

syzygy
May 23, 2007, 10:42 PM
who is mcinnes? has he ever done coaching of any test playing nations? never heard of him before.

amethyst
May 23, 2007, 10:46 PM
who is mcinnes? has he ever done coaching of any test playing nations? never heard of him before.

may be you wanna go back to the previous page and read a few posts. ;)

btw, why doesnt (or didn't) he go along with the press? Do they question his techniques or something? just being curious.. E-)

Zunaid
May 23, 2007, 10:55 PM
may be you wanna go back to the previous page and read a few posts. ;)

btw, why doesnt (or didn't) he go along with the press? Do they question his techniques or something? just being curious.. E-)

The problem was that our sycophantic and imbecilic press with little to no knowledge of modern training techniques. These so called journalists are better suited to write tabloid stories than real sports items for national newspapers. Not everyone is a Rabeed Imam.

amethyst
May 23, 2007, 10:58 PM
The problem was that our sycophantic and imbecilic press with little to no knowledge of modern training techniques. These so called journalists are better suited to write tabloid stories than real sports items for national newspapers. Not everyone is a Rabeed Imam.

isn't he the media manager? I heard (or read) somewhere that his neck's on the line. he sold out our game plans to some deshi newspapers. :-/

cricketlvr
May 23, 2007, 11:16 PM
Why would anyone bash you?

We'd only have bashed you if you'd written this post in l33t speak and used lots of unneccessary exclamation mark ;)

The current underage coach is an Australian called Allistair De Winter.

Richard McInnes was the coach from 04-06 (he may have started earlier) and oversaw the development of players like Nafees, Aftab, Shahadat and Nafis Iqbal in the first batch, and Sakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Mehrab and co. in the second batch. His record as an underage coach is impeccable.

wow, thanks for the names...i was wondering who he coached. based on these names, he has coached those who are now very talented players...so i think he'd be a good coach to replace whatmore! 6 of those names you mentioned were on the ODI team...these players will be comfortable with working with him, and the entire team will easily adjust to a change in coaching style...not only will the team be comfortable with him, but McInnes will also be comfortable coaching in Bangladesh since he has already had experience with success!

yaseer
May 23, 2007, 11:35 PM
I still think McInnes is a bit overrated by the members here....may be he was in touch with bc n by this they came to know his mind....but i think better options are there n still we should look for that....

He was impressive as U-19 coach. But "HE" made the team world beater, i don't go with that. we never reached the semi-final's even on U-19 world cup, plet champion n quarter final...with the bunch of players we had those times...we must have progressed more, but we could not.

So, McInnes as performance analyst or Assistant coach is the right choice for me, Think twice before making him the head coach of National team. Heading a test team is a different matter.

nsd3
May 23, 2007, 11:46 PM
It's a thought provoking point indeed. Thinking before you act is good. However, McInnes still remains my favourite. Let's hope for the best.

AsifTheManRahman
May 24, 2007, 12:36 AM
we never reached the semi-final's even on U-19 world cup, plet champion n quarter final...with the bunch of players we had those times...we must have progressed more, but we could not.

the time that we reached the quarter finals, we were on a 14 wins streak, around 10 or 11 of them coming against england, who we lost to in the quarter finals. so as you can see, that loss could easily be shoved aside as an upset. we were the favourites to win the cup, and a single loss doesn't really say much.

Ashfaque
May 24, 2007, 02:43 AM
i think this will b a good decision cuz he knows how to handle the Bangladeshi Player.Look at Saquib Al Hasan.....i think the most professional player in the Bangladesh team, who was under the supervision of Richard Mcinnes. Todays cricket is tough and player should b tough mentally as well as physically like Saquib. So Macinnes is the right man for the job. But we need seperate coach for every department with Macinnes as a head coach. ONe problem may occure that if BCB takes great player as a batting coach like Gordon Greenidge,there may b a ego clash between the head coach and the batting coach. Another thing board should consider that we don't need a batting coach for a small time period rather we need a parmanent coach,same thing should b happened also for the coach for bowling & fielding. We need only parmanent Coach

:flag: :flag: :flag: Bangla Amar MA:flag: :flag: :flag:

scoilaheez
May 24, 2007, 04:42 AM
Great decision by management. We are heading in the right direction.

Aritro
May 24, 2007, 07:49 AM
And here's one post that convinces me that McInnes is the right choice. Here's his reply to a thread that was started during the Cardiff match in 2005 when Bashar's defensive captaincy allowed them to make 249:

Until you start to try and win matches when we have a chance, we never will!!! It is as simple as that. Unless you actually challenge the opposition and apply some pressure to them, make them take some chances, you may as well just ask them to nominate a score and not even bother batting. That was very frustrating to watch.

While Whatmore doesn't seem to interfere too much with Bashar's 'tactics', I suspect McInnes will take a slightly more active role ;)

Sumon77
May 24, 2007, 08:15 AM
He is a good choice no doubt. But i am thinking something different. He already worked with half of the current players for more or less 2 years (cant remember the exact duration). He already gave his maximum to them. sometimes the team needs something new, ideas, something in different dimension... as Dav gave almost everything to our team already though he is one of the best. May be someone else from Aus would be a better choice as the head coach. I just hope it wont become stagnant and he still have lot more to offer.