PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh Vs India, 2nd & Final Test: 25-29 May, Grameen Phone Test Series 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

Antora
May 27, 2007, 06:07 AM
ohhhh we're gonna have to say bye bye to davie!! noooooooooooooooooo
dav.. becoz of u....
we won against aus
we won against india
we won against s.a.
and new zealand
we came 7th in wc
soo thank u 4 every thing!!!!

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:07 AM
nope but man of da seires should be our champ mash!!!

i feel you sis.

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:08 AM
End of match. Glad we didn't loose by a BIG margin.

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:08 AM
I just felt the need to edit this post..no hurt feelings

:lol: ouch...

One World
May 27, 2007, 06:09 AM
i feel you sis.

i think sachin
would be Man of the Series
Zahir or Zaffer would be MOM probably

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:10 AM
time to take a good, long, hard look at the quality of domestic cricket.

Desi_Daru
End of match. Glad we didn't loose by a BIG margin.I got news for you mate.
an innings and 239 runs defeat is usually considered a BIG margin/:)

nasimul
1 innings and 239 runs is steel a big margin

Antora
MOM and MOS-- JO and Hablu

hahaha lyk thatst eva gonna happen....

Surfer
I just felt the need to edit this post..no hurt feelings

certainly not....post edited.:)

psj
May 27, 2007, 06:11 AM

Hey..Back to old Minnow talk this soon??

Rajowana
May 27, 2007, 06:11 AM
MOM and MOS-- JO and Hablu

hahaha ye corse they are lol

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:12 AM
i think sachin
would be Man of the Series
Zahir or Zaffer would be MOM probably

agreed, especially on the Zs... tendy's a good MOS candidate... i'll do my heart do the talking and hope that it's mash.

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:12 AM
this is gonna end, soon we have one batter left, i bet ther gonna have anutha out b4 the end of 2days play, even if we do play 2morow it wont last long :( (i hope tis backfires and favours the bangas)

What is a " Banga " ??? Do you need another Lecture?

Rajowana
May 27, 2007, 06:14 AM

it means bengali lolz

Antora
i dont know what to say about the bangladesh cricket team after this tet match... hope we dont get embarrased lyk this when we go to sri lanka

istiak
Mash's innings looks enormous, especially because of the performance of our idiotic batsmen.

istiak
May 27, 2007, 06:15 AM
i dont know what to say about the bangladesh cricket team after this tet match... hope we dont get embarrased lyk this when we go to sri lanka

Against SL in SL?.............. will bring bag full of embrassement.

BanCricFan
May 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
our manhood bro... alongside ash and tamim...

You might want to add Saqib, Aftab and Shahadat to this!

I'm still hopefull that Alok will come good, eventually.:D

Antora
May 27, 2007, 06:17 AM
mom ar mos ke holo?

zahid
it means bengali lolz

I do not see anything funny in that. It is utter disrespect for our country.

jinglenuts
damn i njoyed mash's hit's, totally encouraging in d last moment!!

Sohel
You might want to add Saqib, Aftab and Shahadat to this!

I'm still hopefull that Alok will come good, eventually.:D

i do bro... thanks.

Antora
May 27, 2007, 06:20 AM
I do hope bash gets kicked out .. not only from the bd cricket team but also from this planet!!!

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:22 AM
zaheer and tendy... right you are One World.

Luvlee_nik
May 27, 2007, 06:23 AM

no, i think u do, it means BENGALI

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:24 AM
MOS - Sachin ?
MOM - Zaheer

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:25 AM
look at HaBa... BUGS BIG TIME !!!

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
no, i think u do, it means BENGALI

Refrain yourself from calling us Bangladeshis as Bangas in the future. Just becuase, you may have been born abroad doesn't give you the right to insult our country and countrymen.

Sovik
our batsmen should learn from mashrafee

Sohel
that was mehrab jr. future golla... joy.

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:27 AM
crowd yelling at HaBa.

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:28 AM
the writing's on the wall for this one... or should be.

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:29 AM
Crwds jeered at JO and Habla.

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:30 AM
Habla - "That was probably a wrong decision." :)

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:32 AM
HABLA GOT A TROPHY????? WOOT WOOT? Trophy for being Haba!

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:33 AM
dravid is pure class.

SS
May 27, 2007, 06:36 AM
Done with senior cricketers with looser mentality and no room for improvement. We need to remove them as soon as possible. Our domestic cricket needs longer version improvement. And even some young cricketers not working hard to learn longer version, they don't even barely play 4 days games.

BCB should immediately take steps, there is no need to keep batsmen or even bowlers who can contribute. Sir Captain and his underperforming cricketers did not learn from their mistake, it's time for them to pack up and make opportunity for the others who can contribute to the country at later stage. But as I mentioned our players are lazy and exhausted(mind my language) and did not work hard for longer version of the game.
Longer version should be mandatory to everybody from now on if we want to play cricket in test, otherwise what's the point of playing this sort of cricket.

Miraz, please write and write the 'truth', we need to reach BCB immediately with any sort of way to inform them that they need to change lots of things to make BD cricket survive otherwise we will never improve!

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
hope BCB thinks about what the funk just happened... bye guys... thanks and we'll meet again during the lanka tour INSHALLAH !

zahid
May 27, 2007, 06:39 AM
What I don't understand is Why wasn't Tushar and Mehrab Jnr. used?

BanCricFan
May 27, 2007, 06:39 AM
Dravid -a true gentleman! Do admire this guy and not just because of his kind words about BD cricket!

Timtim
May 27, 2007, 06:40 AM
I missed the third day...why did BD rush to score runs?

BanCricFan
May 27, 2007, 06:41 AM
dravid is pure class.

Indeed! A great cricketer and wholesome human being!

Aritro
May 27, 2007, 06:43 AM
time to take a good, long, hard look at the quality of domestic cricket.

Once we fill those 6 teams with talent from several more generations of U/19s players, we'll have a superb league. I don't know what can be done in the meantime.

rubel_18
May 27, 2007, 06:50 AM
Dravid -a true gentleman! Do admire this guy and not just because of his kind words about BD cricket!

I agree with you on that 100%

Desi_Daru
May 27, 2007, 06:56 AM
Posted by Sidharth Monga1 hour, 6 minutes ago in India in Bangladesh, 2007

Even as Bangladesh were surrendering at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Akram Khan, at 38 years and 206 days, was playing his last organised cricket match. Playing for DOHS against Sonargaon in the Dhaka Premier Division League, he led for the last time a team that could scarcely have got more interesting. There were veterans in Steve Tikolo and Khaled Mahmud. They had ultra youngsters in Tamim Iqbal and Dollar Mahmud – his name will catch your eye before his pace does, which according to locals will do too.

Akram made only three in his last game, but Tamim, his nephew, made 72 in true aggressive style, which has made him one of Bangladesh's favourite players. A past hero, who led Bangladesh to their first ODI win and led the team in the ignominious years, did not get to bat with the fearless youngster, the future of Bangladesh cricket, though.

Akram had earlier said he was in tears seeing the way Tamim batted against India in the World Cup. He couldn't have imagined batsmen of his generation play with such bravado and disrespect to reputations. "Under me, we didn't get to play much cricket," he says, "It mainly used to be Asia Cup every two years against opponents like India and Pakistan.

"We were very much afraid of them," he said as Tamim walked out to a thunderous roar at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, during the second one-dayer. "We didn't know how to play cricket, our standard was low and no good coaches would come to Bangladesh."

The bigger opponents did not respect them. Akram remembers his first match against India, in Chandigarh in December 1990. "Navjot Sidhu mocked us then, he said, 'Bring on your slow bowling, I will hit sixes.'" Sidhu did end up hitting three sixes in his unbeaten 104. As we remembered that moment, Tamim was run out, and India's mad celebrations at getting the prized wicket showed that times had changed.

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:58 AM
Once we fill those 6 teams with talent from several more generations of U/19s players, we'll have a superb league. I don't know what can be done in the meantime.

i posted a thread about overhauling the system... check it out and give me some feedback bro, especially on the proposed pro league.

Protic
May 27, 2007, 07:00 AM
The times had certainly changed. Odi series? first one was a close one..only if it wasnt for some drop catches and an awesome knock by dhoni..and 2nd..loser mentality by the skipper playing too many balls for lesser runs..and 3rd got washed away. We are almost there ..if we count the level of how good ODI team we are comparing to India.. but again Tests.. India is a better side with Sachin,Tendulkar,Dravid to bat and Kumble to bowl..others are quite good to add with them.
And about the match.. I guess we should bring Tamim in place of Javed Omar in tests and Aftab in place of Mehrab Junior. Shahriar Nafees and Habibul Bashar.. Some more chances in SriLanka probably.

Sovik
May 27, 2007, 07:07 AM
HABLA GOT A TROPHY????? WOOT WOOT? Trophy for being Haba!

was that runner up trophy

BanglaSele
May 27, 2007, 08:32 AM
Go bengali bacha Go! Go! go!

BANFAN
May 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
Not a bashig really...........

Just curious to see if there is still anyone for Bashar as the captain !!

After such an example of how a poor captaincy can do to a team. Many will find many reasons, but lets not forget, all originated from poor captaicy.........

Desi_Daru
May 27, 2007, 09:22 AM
bashars time is over , bangladesh needs a new captain , one who has an aggressive mindset and is fearless.

I suggest masharfe mortaza . and im an indian fan

muhasan
May 27, 2007, 09:35 AM
bashars time is over , bangladesh needs a new captain , one who has an aggressive mindset and is fearless.

I suggest masharfe mortaza . and im an indian fan

Bangladesh needs an aggressive captain... true. But Ash should take over I guess.

Rajowana
May 27, 2007, 09:37 AM
Bangladesh needs an aggressive captain... guess.

ye i agree

Aritro
May 27, 2007, 09:38 AM
That one session he captained in the first test left a big impression on me.

More of that will do us nicely.

fai_hasan
May 27, 2007, 09:57 AM
oh man, what a way to finish the innings. Mashrafee showed some real guts and it was really nice watching his batting.

overall, we lost with some good mermories.

maybe bashar would step down and bangladesh would think positively from the future.

wish you best luck guys. let your soul show your path.

Desi_Daru
May 27, 2007, 09:59 AM
Bashar looks clueless when things are not going his way , he can not improvise , his feild placings are usually very bad , he tries negative play when under attack etc etc

hes also woefully out of form with the bat , he should go before he looses what respect the players have for him

or play just as a batsman .. not captain

''Indian fan''

AsifTheManRahman
May 27, 2007, 11:47 AM
bowling first with a below par pace attack was what cost us in this match. it's funny how one decision can change so much.

Murad
May 27, 2007, 12:23 PM
our batsmen forgot that its not ODI.. its TEST cricket....

Oneday te shalara pitaite pare na.. ar test e ashche.... erokom batting korte.... rajin.. to erokom na. o mostly depensive. but.. ki korlo...

ash ki kore out hoye gelo...

cricketlvr
May 27, 2007, 12:33 PM
That one session he captained in the first test left a big impression on me.

More of that will do us nicely.

yeah, i was impressed with ashraful's captaining the team...so i think ashraful should be captain and mashrafe should be vice captain!! because both players are aggressive and can score big, if they can settle in and not get out! i do feel bad about bashar, but he hasn't been impressing...not during the world cup or against india recently.

kaisermatin
May 27, 2007, 02:46 PM
Bashar should rest in peace. He took a break from the field to rest in the pavilion. Lets give him a break and rest him from cricket. New captain should be Mashrafi. He has a fighting spirit. We need a new team for test. This was pure humiliation.

SMHasan
May 27, 2007, 09:36 PM
What Ash did today was attractive, adventureous but certainly was not full of intelligence. I would have liked a run a ball hundred from him spending few hours in the middle.

Other than Ash, the batting was as usual, which we can say 'The normal service'. How come SN played the same shot that brough his death in the chittagang test? How come Habibul pulled that one in that time? I am clueless.

Nafis_BD
May 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
I thought that after his 50 Ash should have slowed down a bit and thought about a century and actually convert the 50 into a 100 and then if possible then carry on with that performance!!

MysoreHuli
May 28, 2007, 04:36 AM
I thought that after his 50 Ash should have slowed down a bit and thought about a century and actually convert the 50 into a 100 and then if possible then carry on with that performance!!

Somebody has to tell him about playing in a test match and learn to pace a long innings...
Its ok in ODI..