PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh Vs India, 2nd & Final Test: 25-29 May, Grameen Phone Test Series 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Timtim
May 25, 2007, 05:48 AM
here's an OMG avatar

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5938.gif

Thank you :D :big_hug:

istiak
May 25, 2007, 05:49 AM
new ball

Fortuner
Look...you are getting it wrong....if we close play on friday for religious issue...then Christian community in our country can say close play on Sunday as they pray on that day...so as Hindu comm. and buddhist also in their days...

Dont forget we are a "dhormoniropekho" country, we are "peoples republic of Bangladesh".....not Islamic republic

So, i never agree with the fact of banned of play on Friday because of religious issue....
dude...we are muslims..ok we pray to Allah for our team to perfrm well but we ourselves dnt pray.so,hw will our dua get accepted.actually,there is no use explaning to u and some here coz every1 seems to b not so religious which is bad.nywaz..leave dis discussions.mods will be after if discussed more :D

Sohel
mash is giving it his all, as always.

fai_hasan
here's an OMG avatar

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5938.gif

OMG ta bujlam ONOZ ta ki?

Luvlee_nik
May 25, 2007, 05:51 AM
I guessed that, but hasa is with single S.:big_hug:

common mistake............

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 05:52 AM

no clue.

Luvlee_nik
May 25, 2007, 05:53 AM
ya i have noticed luvlee_nick and antora are the champion on OMG...

lyk OMG!! thank u 4 mentioning me, and lyk OMG!!! u spelled my name rong, lyk OMG!! u should double check before like OMG!! writing sumthing cos like OMG!! u could sound like OMG!! like a fool!! hehe, lol srry couldnt help myself ;) :-p :D :lol: E-)

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 05:53 AM
dinesh kartik's wife, on the other hand....

cricman
May 25, 2007, 05:55 AM
Rasel Hurt

Hatebreed
May 25, 2007, 05:55 AM
OMG!! THIS KID IS SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!:saint: :-p

If you think so, watch this video- http://www.funnyordie.com/v1/view_vi...4c7d2583be6925 (http://www.funnyordie.com/v1/view_video.php?viewkey=3efbc24c7d2583be6925)

Courtesy: cricket_pagol

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 05:56 AM
118 with the new ball!!! sad.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 05:57 AM
saved by the BTV azaan break...

Anher
May 25, 2007, 05:59 AM
Thats what happen when you lost the opportunity first time. I mean going for a win in 1st test.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:01 AM
BTV news... in bangla.

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 06:01 AM
dude...we are muslims..ok we pray to Allah for our team to perfrm well but we ourselves dnt pray.so,hw will our dua get accepted.actually,there is no use explaning to u and some here coz every1 seems to b not so religious which is bad.nywaz..leave dis discussions.mods will be after if discussed more :D

Fortuner bhai, i only had a problem with ur suggestion of stopping play on Friday....i suggested to re-schedule the timing on Friday's play so that no play during the prayer time......anyway ya....let's stop it here....because it is going off topic.

PoorFan
May 25, 2007, 06:02 AM
Now tomorrow declare from india with 10 wicket in hand is coming, be ready! First ever in cricket history!?

fai_hasan
no clue.
Bro hassan is with single S. can you make it correct please?

Timtim

http://www.dsign2.com/files/haxorpc.jpg

nasimul
May 25, 2007, 06:03 AM
all indian batsmen will retired hurt after scoring century....new world record

fai_hasan
May 25, 2007, 06:03 AM
Now tomorrow declare from india with 10 wicket in hand is coming, be ready! First ever in cricket history!?

no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:flag:

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:04 AM
WOW!!! Looks like India is piling up runs. Awesome:mad::mad:. Can any one tell me why Mr. Hablu mia decided to ball first? I mean if u seen the interview after the toss, what was his explanation?

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:05 AM
all indian batsmen will retired hurt after scoring century....new world record

Very Possible.

nasimul
May 25, 2007, 06:06 AM
All indian batsmen will retired hurt after scoring century....new world record

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:07 AM
nazrul's b-day.

moha bidrohi ronoklanto
ami shei din hobo shanto
jobe utpir'hiter krondonrol akashe batashe dhonibe na
ottacharir khor'hog kripan bhim ronobhume ronibe na

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:07 AM
Bro hassan is with single S. can you make it correct please?

you win.

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 06:08 AM

ya...this is the worst which can happen.......

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:09 AM
Way To Go Rajin!!!!

Luvlee_nik
May 25, 2007, 06:10 AM
oh my god!! what the jahannam is happening? this is just sooo devastating, imagine even after this we win? (insha-allah bangladesh will win the series and bangladesh will be very famous and all the players will improve and will be consistent inshaallah habibul bashar will retire or will miraculously improve and play good *ameen*)

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 06:11 AM
Ball has started keeping low.....what will happen on 3rd day when Kumble will be bowling his wicket to wicket medium pace?

Sohel
future golla wants to take a nap.

nasimul
A very good day for next indian coach....

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:12 AM
oh my god!! what the jahannam is happening? this is just sooo devastating, imagine even after this we win? (insha-allah bangladesh will the series and bangladesh will be very famous and all the players will improve and will be consistent inshaallah habibul bashar will retire or will miraculously improve and play good *ameen*)

deeply appreciate the faith sis.

fai_hasan
May 25, 2007, 06:12 AM
ambuja cement ta ki jinish? kobe launch holo?

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:13 AM
Four More Overs Left Today...

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:13 AM
ambuja cement ta ki jinish? kobe launch holo?

bharotiyo cement company.

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:15 AM
BD bowlers should tell Hablu that we r done balling......now u ball and get them out u IDIOT!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:15 AM
old company.

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:17 AM
who is this Mohammad Sharif? How the hell he get the chance to play? What happened to Shahadat?

Luvlee_nik
May 25, 2007, 06:17 AM
who is this Mohammad Sharif bastard? How the hell he get the chance to play? What happened to Shahadat?

i am waiting for this post to get edited *[]*

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:19 AM
who is this Mohammad Sharif bastard? How the hell he get the chance to play? What happened to Shahadat?

slow seamer (109-120 kmph max), 5'6'' - faruikka - rajib has a fever.

rakib28
i am waiting for this post to get edited *[]*

Sorry! couldn't control myself.

Timtim
Mash is BACK!

three nice bouncers/SP to tendi!...speed is mid 130s

Nafi
May 25, 2007, 06:20 AM
who is this Mohammad Sharif? How the hell he get the chance to play? What happened to Shahadat?

shahadat has fever.

A better choice would be to swap rasel with Haque and bat FIRST!!!

We shall always remember this has hablu's great blunder finale.

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:21 AM
shahadat has fever.

A better choice would be to swap rasel with Haque and bat FIRST!!!

We shall always remember this has hablu's great blunder finale.

R u serious? This is Hablu's final match? Alhamdulillah!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:22 AM
rafiq has nice hair. sunsilk with conditioner???

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:23 AM

no.

nasimul
May 25, 2007, 06:25 AM
India will accelarate rr tomorrow and will declare after 650+.

rakib28
I hope our sports journalists make Hablu literally naked in today's press conference. This is totally unacceptable. He basically gave the win to the Indian's on a platter. May be is too gracious to Rahul Dravid for his generosity in the 1st test when Hablu came to bat. And Dravid and Co didn't sledge him for his bad performance.

Sohel
having been gifted the chance to bat first... REALLY shamim???

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:26 AM
I hope our sports journalists make Hablu literally naked in today's press conference. This is totally unacceptable. He basically gave the win to the Indian's on a platter. May be is too gracious to Rahul Dravid for his generosity in the 1st test when Hablu came to bat. And Dravid and Co didn't sledge him for his bad performance.

they love him, especially utpol shubhro...

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 06:27 AM
There is a silver lining in every cloud.
It's pretty harsh; but I expect (not hope or wish) that we lose this test terribly. Otherwise, all the blunders of the team management will not come to public.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:27 AM
mash is bowling impossible deliveries... never ceases to amaze me.

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:28 AM
India will accelarate rr tomorrow and will declare after 650+.

In that 650+ how many Indian batsmen will make century?
I say 6.

Antora
omg omg ..... wat is happening? i came bak from watchin tv and still no wicket... oofffff valage na!!! any way omg timtim bhai i lyk ur avatar..its kool!!!!!

Sohel
IT'S OVER. 326 for 0...

yaseer

Ya...both Hablu and Whatmore need to charged for their decision by the decision

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:29 AM
shatsho korbe.

Timtim
May 25, 2007, 06:30 AM
omg omg ..... wat is happening? i came bak from watchin tv and still no wicket... oofffff valage na!!! any way omg timtim bhai i lyk ur avatar..its kool!!!!!
OMG RLY! et ws a gift frm Sohel lol kthxbye

jinglenuts
eta ajke ki holo?

Nafi

trust me after this fiasco, hablu will be force to resign his captaincy.

fai_hasan
326/0

end of day 1.

end of our misery

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:31 AM
mash is bowling impossible deliveries... never ceases to amaze me.

impossible in what way....good or bad way?

nasimul
May 25, 2007, 06:32 AM
chokhey shudu dhua dekhshi

yaseer
Hablu must be forced to resign from captaincy today by the journalist

Aritro

He won't be forced to do anything.

Akram's already gone as record as saying that they'll leave the decision to Hablu and I'm pretty sure the others won't differ on that point.

I'm too pissed off for words.

Timtim
May 25, 2007, 06:34 AM
haba is a behaya....he will bring up his performance in the second innings of the last test, blame it on the spinners and mash's injury and retain his high paying effortless job

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:34 AM

Apnar Mukhe Ful Chondon Poruk Bhai!! Amin.

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 06:36 AM
haba is a behaya....he will bring up his performance in the second innings of the last test, blame it on the spinners and mash's injury and retain his high paying effortless job

The worst part about that post is that it's absolutely spot on.

Luvlee_nik
Sorry! couldn't control myself.

nah, nuthing like that, weneva i write sumthing bad they jump to fix it, wanna see how long they take 2 fix urs :P

rakib28
I still can't believe he decided to Ball first today. How IDIOT do u have to be?

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 06:38 AM

Ya...he may do this...but this time he should not allowed to do that....as by looking at the pitch, it was clearly a bad decision by him and whatmore what caused us the match...

I have no problem of Hablu as test batsmen....but i don't want to see him as captain any more....so so sooooooooo negative....just a overnight rain...and decided to bowl in placid track.....patheticly negative

Luvlee_nik
May 25, 2007, 06:38 AM
rafiq has nice hair. sunsilk with conditioner???

probably, sunsilk is overrated in bangladesh although i gotta say the black silk shine shampoo was REALLY nice (all glitter and shiny) when i went to bangladesh, i wanted to get sum, but my parents figured i spent too much and didnt deserve stuff i could find here in aus........

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 06:39 AM
Hablu must be forced to resign from captaincy today by the journalist

Ask Utpal Suvro ;)

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:40 AM
I wish I was in BD today....then I'd go to Hablu's house and put the following sign on his door,
"This is the house of cricket's stupidest Captain! Please show your respect!!"

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 06:40 AM
I'm just bloody furious I don't know what to say.

This match had better not result in an injury to Mortaza.

Fahim
May 25, 2007, 06:41 AM
the thing is, those bangladeshi players tried their best (except bashar and maybe dav), especially mortaza, but, we need to realise that it is all Allah's Will.who knows, Allah could give us a bad day, but tomorrow He may give us a good day, u just don't know. maybe Allah instilled on bashar's mind to bowl first. we are not COMPLETELY out of it.

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 06:42 AM
Ask Utpal Suvro ;)

:).....it will be interesting to see how Utpol defends Hablu today.....

cricman
May 25, 2007, 06:43 AM
:).....it will be interesting to see how Utpol defends Hablu today.....

He'll blame the bowlers and the drops and umpire and praise Hablu

mafizraju
May 25, 2007, 06:46 AM
the thing is, those bangladeshi players tried their best (except bashar and maybe dav), especially mortaza, but, we need to realise that it is all Allah's Will.who knows, Allah could give us a bad day, but tomorrow He may give us a good day, u just don't know. maybe Allah instilled on bashar's mind to bowl first. we are not COMPLETELY out of it.

Now its to Allah to come down and play a game of cricket

cricket_king
May 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
bashar is a genius! i know his master plan!
He wants bangladesh to be remembered in world cricket. But how? We certainly cant win with him as captain.....so......why not be remembered for being failures?
This guy is the next einstein. I salute thee, Sir Hablu Bashar (aka einstein jnr.)

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:52 AM

I hope u r watching the same game that I'm watching. 326/0...all 10 wickets in hand...no help from the pitch. What worse can happen tomorrow to India for not posting at least 200 more runs.

rakib28
May 25, 2007, 06:56 AM
Is this decision has something to do to show Whatmore's gratitude to his future team?
I think so.

Luvlee_nik
May 25, 2007, 06:59 AM
I hope u r watching the same game that I'm watching. 326/0...all 10 wickets in hand...no help from the pitch. What worse can happen tomorrow to India for not posting at least 200 more runs.
have faith in allah, its probably a good thing, itll prove to people bashars grown old and cant play the game properly anymore (in his case captain) insha-allah this will open the bcb's eyes and they will take immeadiate action and soon enough well be winning games again!! (insha-allah)

CricFanBD
May 25, 2007, 07:14 AM
He'll blame the bowlers and the drops and umpire and praise Hablu
I guess what will Utpol say: "The condition of pitch and the weather encouraged Bashar to take fielding but his bowlers did not bowl good....blah blah blah...Bashar looks ok...very positive...blah blah blha...yeah the game is on...blah blah...ba bab abba...ha ba...habba habbba...haba..."

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 07:16 AM
So, what I had predicted is happening now......an innings victory is what India will seek now....

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 07:19 AM
So, what I had predicted is happening now......an innings victory is what India will seek now....

Did you predict an injury to Shahadat, ankle trouble for Masri and monumental idiocy from Bashar?

Having said that, we all predicted that last one.

Although perhaps not to this extent. :rolleyes:

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 07:24 AM
Did you predict an injury to Shahadat, ankle trouble for Masri and monumental idiocy from Bashar?

Having said that, we all predicted that last one.

Although perhaps not to this extent. :rolleyes:

lol.....gotta say Bashar really took a bad decision.

Fahim
May 25, 2007, 08:15 AM
have faith in allah, its probably a good thing, itll prove to people bashars grown old and cant play the game properly anymore (in his case captain) insha-allah this will open the bcb's eyes and they will take immeadiate action and soon enough well be winning games again!! (insha-allah)

well done for supporting my claim. we should have all faith in Allah instead of all faith on the bangladeshi players

Timtim
May 25, 2007, 08:33 AM
what if you follow a different religion? What do you follow then?

Rommel
May 25, 2007, 08:39 AM
Does bangladesh stand any chance of drawing or even winning now? What do we need to restrict India to? What should we realistically shoot for in our first innings?

Fahim
May 25, 2007, 08:45 AM

i dont want to start a religious debate or anything but since majority of the bengalis are Muslims then u should have faith in Allah. and those who are non Muslims, well, they should choose their own faith and go with it.

back to the topic, i think india will score another 150 - 200 before they declare. then bangladesh will play like as if its a ODI in which they might just escape the follow on which will frustrate India. india may bat until they are ahead by 300 runs or so and in day 4 - 5, bangladesh should take their time and bat slowly to just mannage a draw. ;)

Alien
May 25, 2007, 09:16 AM
Guys I missed the fun. Can someone tell me what happened to the 2 opening batsmen? Cricinfo says retired hurt. Before I departed for work, there was a picture of Kartik coping a bouncer from Rasel in the home page. When I came back it's 326/0 with 2 retired hurt.

Alien
May 25, 2007, 09:17 AM

Probably the dumbest question any one popped up here.

CHABAN
May 25, 2007, 09:19 AM
Blaming the captain for the current situation is silly. Two grassed catches and two dubious decisions are a better summary of the day than the toss. I think this mindset of just blaming the captain for what was clearly an average effort by the bowlers (plus poor fielding) is a better summary of the day. Ashraful was able to get better turn from the ball than the regular spinners, the pacers were unable to get much after the initial overs (including Mashrafi) and most importantly- Dravid and his team played well, in particular the aggression of Karthik after lunch. All said and done, let us not delude ourselves by blaming the captain when it is very clear that the team as whole came up with a pretty ordinary performance. Tommorrow is another day and a draw is still possible (with some help from rain and excellent batting).

Alien
May 25, 2007, 09:20 AM
bashar is a genius! i know his master plan!
He wants bangladesh to be remembered in world cricket. But how? We certainly cant win with him as captain.....so......why not be remembered for being failures?
This guy is the next einstein. I salute thee, Sir Hablu Bashar (aka einstein jnr.)

Should be awarded the Nobel Prize in Cricket.

Luvlee_nik
May 25, 2007, 09:54 AM
well done for supporting my claim. we should have all faith in Allah instead of all faith on the bangladeshi players

dont well done me, its not like im doing u a favour, im just saying the truth and no one should get rewarded for that

RBTiger
May 25, 2007, 10:07 AM

Yeah, that's what we need, but only if the name of the team is Pakistan, or better yet, Talibanistan. Let's all go to the mosque and watch the game from there. That way we will have direct access to the Almighty and ask Him to interfere whenever it is required. Yep, I got it now. This is what was wrong with the first day's play. I apologize if it sounds too harsh, but it is not personal.

Let's not bring religion into everything. I am a proud muslim too, but we should keep this discussion to a cricketing one.

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 10:21 AM
Let's not bring religion into everything. I am a proud muslim too, but we should keep this discussion to a cricketing one.

Thank you.

The introduction to the topic of religion into this thread was as misplaced and pointless as it was irksome.

Electrequiem
May 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
Thank you.

The introduction to the topic of religion into this thread was as misplaced and pointless as it was irksome.

hmm ... I hate religious debates as much as anyone else here ... but aren't we being a little too harsh on Fahim? I mean, he only expressed faith and belief in his God ... don't we say "Inshallah" or "Mashallah" and such all the time? I personally don't think it's wrong when one says "Let's have faith in Allah" ... its not fundamental or hurtful or discriminatory or whatever you may to anyone.

Back to the REAL topic though, Haba made the STUPIDEST decision in test cricket in the history of cricketing world. But correct me if I'm wrong, decision upon toss depends solely on the captain, or are other team members involved with it?

Either way, the decision sucked. We need some really good bowling tomorrow, and even better batting performance from our top 5 batsmen tomorrow in order to retain a mere glimmer of hope.

Here's my prediction:

India 450-2 (declare) ... hopefully, rain might have something to do with it.
BD comes to bat 3rd day and gets 550-10 (:shh: ... hope for the best)
India (post lunch, day 4, bats the whole day and till lunch on day 5: 300ish ...
BD needs 200ish to win in around 50 overs. And INSHALLAH, we will win it from there on. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Fahim
May 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, that's what we need, but only if the name of the team is Pakistan, or better yet, Talibanistan. Let's all go to the mosque and watch the game from there. That way we will have direct access to the Almighty and ask Him to interfere whenever it is required. Yep, I got it now. This is what was wrong with the first day's play. I apologize if it sounds too harsh, but it is not personal.

yeah i know of course, just like i said, i dont want to to start a RELIGIOUS DEBATE. its just that if we are Muslims, then why not have faith in Allah as we know only He can control whats going on in the match, right?

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind/content/current/story/295838.html
Whatmore regrets fielding first

he's a coach...he shouldn't regret anything. i can't believe he made such a move for his last job as the tigers' coach.

and i can't believe no wickets were taken for 300+ runs!!! WHY???? i know sakib dropped one catch...but that was only one opportunity!!

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 12:07 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind/content/current/story/295838.html

he's a coach...he shouldn't regret anything. i can't believe he made such a move for his last job as the tigers' coach.

and i can't believe no wickets were taken for 300+ runs!!! WHY???? i know sakib dropped one catch...but that was only one opportunity!!

Rafique dropped an absolute sitter of a return catch too.

The umpire failed to hear a faint edge off Sharif's bowling.

Mortaza bowled superbly without much luck.

The score at the end of the day was always going to be 300, but it's the lack of wickets that's really demoralising.

zohra
May 25, 2007, 12:11 PM
Here's my prediction:

India 450-2 (declare) ... hopefully, rain might have something to do with it.
BD comes to bat 3rd day and gets 550-10 (:shh: ... hope for the best)
India (post lunch, day 4, bats the whole day and till lunch on day 5: 300ish ...
BD needs 200ish to win in around 50 overs. And INSHALLAH, we will win it from there on. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Hahahaha..you made my day...550..can BD score that much in 2 innings ??? :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:
Everytime I log on here, some genius like you comes up with more ridiculous stuff than the scape-goat_in_chief Habla. Sometimes I think you ppl don't want to get Habla removed, since if he's gone you have to give credit to the other team, rather than blaming him.E-) E-) E-)

Fortuner
May 25, 2007, 12:16 PM
i was already smelling big loss since no wicket feel for 300..nw this it will b true coz i dnt see a way our batsman will even make 300...
whn indian will bowl..pitch will b turning...

zohra
May 25, 2007, 12:21 PM
Is this decision has something to do to show Whatmore's gratitude to his future team?
I think so.
Yes dude.....thats it. good job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Genius stuf again.

Russell2k7
May 25, 2007, 12:21 PM
OK this game seems to be of huge loss. But I will be interested in seeing how our batsman do. Plz make 400 at least this time.

SherKhan
May 25, 2007, 12:50 PM
what a sorry loss this is gonna be

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 12:57 PM
OK this game seems to be of huge loss. But I will be interested in seeing how our batsman do. Plz make 400 at least this time.

yes, please lose with honor...no one wants to be embarrassed!!

Trigger_Tiger
May 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
Thank GOD I fell asleep and saved myself the misery :D!
Well.....Saquib and Rafique will seriously be cussing themselves inside thats all I know now :D!!!!!

Rajowana
May 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
The one thing that annoys me is that i get up realli early to see bangladesh do well and they didnt do well today.Not a single wicket!!!!.It's quite sad really.I'm Sad.

Shafin
May 25, 2007, 01:18 PM
Win or loss,I am with Tigers and I dont Lose until the last ball is bowled.

Having said that,sharif and rasel are toothless tigers.

cleazer
May 25, 2007, 01:32 PM
Terrible day, Habibul should be ashamed about his decision.

For all the people dreaming about Bangladesh scoring 400 when they bat, dream on!
But when you wake up in a few days, you'll be disappointed by the truth.

India will score at least 600 before declaring, maybe even more.

The only hope for Bangladesh is if one bowler takes over tomorrow and picks up some wickets, and inspires other bowlers to do the same. But I'm afriad India getting 600 is much more likely.

SS
May 25, 2007, 01:57 PM
This is too much especially when Mash is not fit! he is still bowling and our incapable shameless fielders...our batsmen will do the same mistake and another innings defeat is on the way. As I said earlier, they are getting paid for nothing and we should stop this funding doesn't matter even if anybody has a title 'Sir'.

AsifTheManRahman
May 25, 2007, 02:43 PM
I fail to apprehend how a guy like whatmore get something as obvious as batting first on a surface like this wrong.

nzfan
May 25, 2007, 03:44 PM
Sharif is the shortest 6,5 person ive ever seen

sensible
May 25, 2007, 04:17 PM

May the 1 foot = 11 inches....:floor: :floor:

bangalee
May 25, 2007, 04:40 PM
is sharif 21? who made a return to the team after 5 years? Wow!! he looks 26-28 to me ..ah! well..who cares another mediocre addition to the team.

hoping for a miracle today

Electrequiem
May 25, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hahahaha..you made my day...550..can BD score that much in 2 innings ??? :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:
Everytime I log on here, some genius like you comes up with more ridiculous stuff than the scape-goat_in_chief Habla. Sometimes I think you ppl don't want to get Habla removed, since if he's gone you have to give credit to the other team, rather than blaming him.E-) E-) E-)

*sighs* ... must we go through the meaning of a "Fanatic" again, Zohra?

And I havent denied India any credit, if you read my posts correctly. India has made great use of a stupendous mistake by the Bdeshi team. I actually applauded Jaffer's century, if that's any consolation to you.

But I guess you are right, *sighs*, the whole cricketing world is wrong to blame Bashar for failing to choose to bat on a batting paradise. We should all give India a standing ovation for using telepathic powers to manipulate Bashar during the toss.

Btw, i kinda missed you during the first test. I would have loved discussing Mashrafe and Shahadat's performance with such a rational, sensible, balanced, and talented cricket critique as you.

p.s. ... i think you are abusing the "" :floor: "" emoticon.

Desi_Daru
May 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
Yes dude.....thats it. good job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Genius stuf again.
ofcourse as we all know. whatmore is bowling in the match . and he will bat for banladesh as an opener. you are right . its all whatmores fault :ticking:

zohra
May 25, 2007, 05:44 PM
*sighs* ... must we go through the meaning of a "Fanatic" again, Zohra?

And I havent denied India any credit, if you read my posts correctly. India has made great use of a stupendous mistake by the Bdeshi team. I actually applauded Jaffer's century, if that's any consolation to you.

haha, why the f*** would I need consolation dude ?? its 326/0 if you forgot !!!:)

But I guess you are right, *sighs*, the whole cricketing world is wrong to blame Bashar for failing to choose to bat on a batting paradise. We should all give India a standing ovation for using telepathic powers to manipulate Bashar during the toss.

hey check this out..fresh from cricinfo :
"But Whatmore said the decision was taken at a meeting between the captain, the vice-captain, the selectors, and himself."

So it was not only bashar, but all of your management involved.

Btw, i kinda missed you during the first test. I would have loved discussing Mashrafe and Shahadat's performance with such a rational, sensible, balanced, and talented cricket critique as you.

It was an awesome escape ...no doubt about it man..

p.s. ... i think you are abusing the "" :floor: "" emoticon.

Its a free world (i hope) :floor:

Timtim
May 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
Probably the dumbest question any one popped up here.

I was checking how blind his faith was....(which, he turned out to be pretty open minded...so that's cool).....practice smiling in front of the mirror ;)

Sorry
May 25, 2007, 06:02 PM

Size is not important, quality matters. Ask any bird.
If size and quality are underachieved, go for the speed.
If all fails, go for swing.

Electrequiem
May 25, 2007, 08:56 PM
hey check this out..fresh from cricinfo :
"But Whatmore said the decision was taken at a meeting between the captain, the vice-captain, the selectors, and himself."

So it was not only bashar, but all of your management involved.

Fyi, Bashar wasn't singled out ... I said "stupendous mistake by the Bdeshi team." That bit about Bashar was in regards to the actual Tossing scenario.

And "tremendous escape", you say? Wasn't it simply unrealistic to expect such an escape, by tailenders? Against a mighty team like india, too, I might add!

And please, don't curse for no apparent reason. Some dude in this forum had a nice signature: "When people curse, its either because their argument is weak, or they are." Yes, it is a free world. Go ahead and have your pick.

And I said "consolation" cause you were whining "we dont give credit to the opposing team."

btw, did Miraz bhai forget to welcome you in the "Non-Bangladeshi posters" thread?

cleazer
May 25, 2007, 08:58 PM
If (and when) Dravid and Tendulkar get out today, do you guys think Jaffer and Karthik will come back on to bat some more? I think Ganguly will be the next batsman in, but after that I think Jaffer or Karthik might come out before Dhoni.

Electrequiem
May 25, 2007, 09:03 PM
If (and when) Dravid and Tendulkar get out today, do you guys think Jaffer and Karthik will come back on to bat some more? I think Ganguly will be the next batsman in, but after that I think Jaffer or Karthik might come out before Dhoni.
Well Karthik will definitely want to get his century. I think Jaffer will also return ... he played fabulously yesterday, his team would want him to do the same today.

SMHasan
May 25, 2007, 09:56 PM
Sharif looked very ordinary but hey this guy returned to the international arena after 5 years. So let's wait and see what he does today.

I think all of our pacers give too much, I mean they put lot of pressure on their body to bowl fast. But they need to understand that bowling fast is not the only way to get wickets. What they are lacking in is- intelligence. They need to use their brain a bit.

I hardly see our bowlers to bowl any slower ball or yorker. They need to master these art asap. Had they used their brain we might have seen some indian wickets falling.

Navarene
May 25, 2007, 10:07 PM
I can sniff an innings defeat is on the run :waiting:

TheWatcher
May 25, 2007, 10:12 PM
I fail to apprehend how a guy like whatmore get something as obvious as batting first on a surface like this wrong.
I guess he was trying to impress his future employers with an adventurous decision. Unfortunately, it backfired.

Rifat
May 25, 2007, 10:14 PM
the best that can happen to us today is that bangladeshi bowlers gets sooooooooooo angry that india goes allout before reaching 500 and bangladesh end the day with scoring 200/1

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 10:29 PM
worst case scenario: they'll bat all day on a friendlier wicket and score 800+ by lunch tomorrow. dravid 200, tendy 100+, gangu dada 100+, dhoni 50, motku powar 50, zen master jaffer back to for his 200+, kartik back for his 100+. they'll still have ample time to get 20 wickets with time to spare on the 5th day.

consolation: mash will get wickets and score runs, maybe even a 100 without aggravating his injury too much, ash will score 100s in both innings despite the "narrow" inning defeat, shakib 50s in both innings, and HaBa a 50 in the first.

best case scenario for the team: kalboishakhi

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 10:32 PM
the best that can happen to us today is that bangladeshi bowlers gets sooooooooooo angry that india goes allout before reaching 500 and bangladesh end the day with scoring 200/1

love the optimism sis...:-|

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 10:33 PM
I guess he was trying to impress his future employers with an adventurous decision. Unfortunately, it backfired.

hit that nail right where where you needed to bro... ;)

cricket_king
May 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
worst case scenario: they'll bat all day on a friendlier wicket and score 800+ by lunch tomorrow. dravid 200, tendy 100+, gangu dada 100+, dhoni 50, motku powar 50, zen master jaffer back to for his 200+, kartik back for his 100+. they'll still have ample time to get 20 wickets with time to spare on the 5th day.

consolation: mash will get wickets and score runs, maybe even a 100 without aggravating his injury too much, ash will score 100s in both innings despite the "narrow" inning defeat, shakib 50s in both innings, and HaBa a 50 in the first.

What the hell? Did you just make that up on the spot? Coz it aint gonna happen mate.... :waiting:

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:01 PM
What the hell? Did you just make that up on the spot? Coz it aint gonna happen mate.... :waiting:

i hope to God you're right bro... the agony begins...

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:02 PM
no bounce... joy!

Nocturnal
May 25, 2007, 11:02 PM
today's play is just started.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:04 PM
funny how ata's second guessing HaBa now, just a liddibid... cabron!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:05 PM
let's see if mash can generate anything...

ammark
May 25, 2007, 11:07 PM
]consolation: mash will get wickets and score runs, maybe even a 100 without aggravating his injury too much, ash will score 100s in both innings despite the "narrow" inning defeat, shakib 50s in both innings, and HaBa a 50 in the first.

Wayyyyy too optimistic. My realistic expectation is that this game will be lost finally on the 4th days play. Its up to the team to surprise me now. Good luck to them!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:08 PM
HaBa should attack early... he won't i know.

ammark
May 25, 2007, 11:09 PM
HaBa should attack early... he won't i know.

Now you're coming to a sad realisation, eh?

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:10 PM
Wayyyyy too optimistic. My realistic expectation is that this game will be lost finally on the 4th days play. Its up to the team to surprise me now. Good luck to them!

oh just say it ain't so, mah brotha... :D

ASA
another agonizing night ... :mad:

Sohel
Now you're coming to a sad realisation, eh?

always.

ammark
May 25, 2007, 11:12 PM
wtf, the umpires are bogus

No, you're just frustrated. Understandable. So'm I. Too bad there was an inside edge, prior to hitting the pad. This game is just sad, sad, sad :(

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:12 PM
ata bugs.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:14 PM
bowling injunz on the leg side.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:15 PM
dead wicket... 4

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:17 PM
we better get used to ata's love of overstating the obvious... LONG day ahead.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:19 PM
9 off the over... 650+ by tea???

SherKhan
May 25, 2007, 11:20 PM
do you think bangladesh can even get a wicket?

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 11:20 PM
Will India lose any wickets in the first session??

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 11:21 PM
9 off the over... 650+ by tea???

and off mashrafe!!! ahhhhh should i sleep?? plz bangladesh TAKKKKKEEEEEE WIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKEEETTSSSSSS!!!!!!!! now they're getting too many singles

Sohel
ajke sharifer khobor achhe.

Sohel
Will India lose any wickets in the first session??

no.

TheWatcher
May 25, 2007, 11:22 PM
Mash is not even trying. Give Sharif a chance.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:23 PM
awful body language, and they haven't shown HaBa yet.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:25 PM
Mash is not even trying. Give Sharif a chance.

why not indeed?!?... 4... dravid's 24th 100.. ;)

ammark
May 25, 2007, 11:25 PM
100 for Dravid. Clap clap. We gave it to you, you didnt waste it. *sigh*

cricketboy
May 25, 2007, 11:26 PM
100 for Dravid!

cleazer
And there's Dravid's century
350-0

Now that he has it, maybe he'll be a little less attentive and lose his wicket.
(that's called grasping at straws, folks)

Sohel
he'll score a 100 more... just watch.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:28 PM
was tough to get that bounce.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:28 PM
spliffed... nobody's in place.

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 11:29 PM
another missed opportunity!!!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:30 PM
raselero khobor shuru hote jachchhe...

crikss
May 25, 2007, 11:31 PM
opening batsman partnership record including four batsman

if anyone wants to see the match just click my signature

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:31 PM
yes

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:32 PM
Noooooo....

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 11:32 PM
oh dear, another missed opportunity....aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:33 PM
SN, not the fastest we got.

crikss
May 25, 2007, 11:34 PM
no luck at all

SherKhan
May 25, 2007, 11:35 PM
are they even trying now?

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:35 PM
polapainz seem to be happy... good for them.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:36 PM
are they even trying now?

yes... and two more words bro, DEAD WICKET.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:37 PM
ungraceful

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
"they're keeping their spirits up"...a commentator said that about bd players...but they're keeping our spirits down!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:40 PM
tendy's not too comfortable. that was an inside edge off of a gentle delivery.

criccric
May 25, 2007, 11:41 PM
Tendulkar is not even able to middle the ball on this flat track - he is surely passed hs sell by date.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:43 PM
Tendulkar is not even able to middle the ball on this flat track - he is surely passed hs sell by date.

don't speak too soon bro...

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:44 PM
drinks.

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:45 PM
the stadium PA system sounds decent enough... that's something.

cricketboy
May 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
drinks.

Man you are in DHaka, you should have gone to enjoy the wonderful performance by our boys. :-D

nzfan
May 25, 2007, 11:47 PM
if india score 700 Bangladesh will require 501 just to avoid the follow on, a higher score than Bangladesh has scored in test history i think

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:48 PM
back to reality... more বাঁশ

cricketlvr
if only our captain was more like dravid...*sigh*

sunny747
good morning guys......once again..horrible start..........i think india will score 700 today and declare......get ready for innigns defeat guys.......soon or later, indian big mouthers will be here..

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:49 PM
Man you are in DHaka, you should have gone to enjoy the wonderful performance by our boys. :-D

drole bro... :-D

CricFanBD
May 25, 2007, 11:50 PM
good morning guys......once again..horrible start..........i think india will score 700 today and declare......get ready for innigns defeat guys.......soon or later, indian big mouthers will be here..
If India score 700+ what do u think about BD's reply?? Any idea?

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:50 PM
awful throw.

cricketboy
May 25, 2007, 11:51 PM
Why is Mash bowling so many overs!

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:53 PM
If India score 700+ what do u think about BD's reply?? Any idea?

consolation: mash will get wickets and score runs, maybe even a 100 without aggravating his injury too much, ash will score 100s in both innings despite the "narrow" inning defeat, shakib 50s in both innings, and HaBa a 50 in the first. BD- 300 & 250

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:54 PM
Why is Mash bowling so many overs!

'cause the other option's sharif ! :D

cricket_king
May 25, 2007, 11:54 PM
yeah i know of course, just like i said, i dont want to to start a RELIGIOUS DEBATE. its just that if we are Muslims, then why not have faith in Allah as we know only He can control whats going on in the match, right?

hahahah!! :lol:

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:55 PM
tendy's settled now... joy.

nzfan
May 25, 2007, 11:56 PM
man, 100 overs without losing a wicket

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 11:57 PM
ok, syed rasel is bowling alright...ball could have been caught soooo many times! keep it going, and one of his team mates will finally catch one

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 11:57 PM
sunny747...sawadee khap... how's the weather in krung thep bro?

cricketboy
May 25, 2007, 11:58 PM
Mushfique is lucky not to keep wicket for 2 days without wicket in these conditions!

cricketboy
May 25, 2007, 11:59 PM
'cause the other option's sharif ! :D

I never thought there will be any slower bowler than Rasel. :D

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:00 AM
sharif... আবার বাঁশ খাবার সময় in a couple of overs!

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:01 AM
I never thought there will be any slower bowler than Rasel. :D

we have quite a few... mushfiq babu and alamgir kabir, remember them?.., forhad reza's slow too.

Luvlee_nik
May 26, 2007, 12:03 AM

hey russek2k7 isnt that chick on ur dp monalisa? i think i saw her in habib's video clip

cricketboy
May 26, 2007, 12:03 AM
we have quite a few... mushfiq babu and alamgir kabir, remember them?.., forhad reza's slow too.

Add Tarek Aziz, Manjurul Islam, Nazmul.

sunny747
May 26, 2007, 12:04 AM
sunny747...sawadee khap... how's the weather in krung thep bro?

sawadee......very hot here man.....bright sunshine......lazy afternoon...

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:05 AM
rafiq... maybe something different now... doubt it! this is the worst possible wicket any curator could come up with. our home grown idiot obviosly has... he should get a "special" award... 4

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:07 AM
Add Tarek Aziz, Manjurul Islam, Nazmul.

there you go bro... nazmul's not bad... another 100 run partnership... records galore. :-|

cricketboy
May 26, 2007, 12:07 AM
All wickets of Dhaka namely Fatullah, Bangabhandhu stadium and Mirpur have been not very good for test cricket sadly.

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:08 AM
optimistic appeal.

cricketboy
I wish I could hit that juicy ball.

kmasum
......we'r getting nailed big time..........

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:09 AM
All wickets of Dhaka namely Fatullah, Bangabhandhu stadium and Mirpur have been not very good for test cricket sadly.

same moronic curator. :D

Sohel
I wish I could hit that juicy ball.

me too.

cricketboy
same moron curator. :D

Maybe the soil of DHaka.

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:11 AM
freaky injun fan... surendra kumar from bihar.

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:12 AM
Maybe the soil of DHaka.

no. it's all about the moron... all moron, all the time.

CricFan001
After India scored 537 in 1997, Srilanka responded with...

Sri Lanka 1st innings R M B 4s 6s SR
ST Jayasuriya c Ganguly b Chauhan 340 799 578 36 2 58.82
MS Atapattu c wicket-keeperMongia b Kulkarni 26 42 31 5 0 83.87
RS Mahanama lbw b Kumble 225 753 561 27 0 40.10
PA de Silva c Prasad b Ganguly 126 293 211 16 0 59.71
captain A Ranatunga run out (sub [A Jadeja]/wicket-keeperMongia) 86 150 110 14 0 78.18
DPMD Jayawardene c Kulkarni b Ganguly 66 133 105 10 0 62.85
wicket-keeper RS Kaluwitharana not out 14 42 27 1 0 51.85
WPUJC Vaas not out 11 36 24 0 0 45.83
Extras (b 28, lb 9, w 7, nb 14) 58

Total (6 wickets dec; 271 overs) 952

Did not bat KR Pushpakumara, M Muralitharan, KJ Silva

Fall of wickets1-39 (Atapattu), 2-615 (Mahanama), 3-615 (Jayasuriya), 4-790 (Ranatunga), 5-921 (Jayawardene), 6-924 (de Silva)

yaseer
obostha emon hoitese je jokhon 1st wicket porbe mone hobe je match jite gesi

CricFanBD
May 26, 2007, 12:13 AM
Aaaj ki r wicket porbe? Aaj ki tumar sate hobe dheka?

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:14 AM
sunny747, hot enough for a nice, chilled green papaya salad... something ta lay or rather?

cricketboy
no. it's all about the moron... all moron, all the time.
Moron BCB makes great stadium with substandard wickets! :mad:

yaseer
Karthik pad-up koire ase.....century korte chai....amra korte dimu na....amra wicket e felmu na....:D

SherKhan
May 26, 2007, 12:15 AM
ok, does any one know when the next series is with bangladesh

cricketboy
May 26, 2007, 12:16 AM
WOw SHarif at 130 kmh. Surpise, Surprise!

cricketboy
May 26, 2007, 12:16 AM
ok, does any one know when the next series is with bangladesh

BD tour of Srilanka in June/July.

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:17 AM
After India scored 537 in 1997, Srilanka responded with...

Sri Lanka 1st innings R M B 4s 6s SR
ST Jayasuriya c Ganguly b Chauhan 340 799 578 36 2 58.82
MS Atapattu c wicket-keeperMongia b Kulkarni 26 42 31 5 0 83.87
RS Mahanama lbw b Kumble 225 753 561 27 0 40.10
PA de Silva c Prasad b Ganguly 126 293 211 16 0 59.71
captain A Ranatunga run out (sub [A Jadeja]/wicket-keeperMongia) 86 150 110 14 0 78.18
DPMD Jayawardene c Kulkarni b Ganguly 66 133 105 10 0 62.85
wicket-keeper RS Kaluwitharana not out 14 42 27 1 0 51.85
WPUJC Vaas not out 11 36 24 0 0 45.83
Extras (b 28, lb 9, w 7, nb 14) 58

Total (6 wickets dec; 271 overs) 952

Did not bat KR Pushpakumara, M Muralitharan, KJ Silva

Fall of wickets1-39 (Atapattu), 2-615 (Mahanama), 3-615 (Jayasuriya), 4-790 (Ranatunga), 5-921 (Jayawardene), 6-924 (de Silva)

love the optimism bro...:big_hug:

CHABAN
May 26, 2007, 12:17 AM
Forecast

Day 2: India: 630+ declared
Day 3: BD: 350+ 5-7 wickets
Day 4: BD 450-475 all out
Day 4+5: India:250+ declared
Day 5: Target: 405, BD: 365 for 7

Draw

sunny747
May 26, 2007, 12:18 AM
sunny747, hot enough for a nice, chilled green papaya salad... something ta lay or rather?

ya..i might have that for lunch today..my thai colleagues loves somtham. But too spicy and i feel more hot. i'll probably have chicken with cashew nuts and nice cold moca with minced ice. ;)

sunny747
May 26, 2007, 12:19 AM
Forecast

Day 2: India: 630+ declared
Day 3: BD: 350+ 5-7 wickets
Day 4: BD 450-475 all out
Day 4+5: India:250+ declared
Day 5: Target: 405, BD: 365 for 7

Draw

i don't think india will declare today..they will score and let bd bat for the next 3 days.

Baundule
May 26, 2007, 12:20 AM
I want India going for 1000 runs :)
That's the only possibility, if not rains, for a draw.

SherKhan
May 26, 2007, 12:23 AM
wow dis is ssoooo pathetic

yaseer
May 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
Come on guys.......nice bowling......don't fell a wicket.......otherwise bhua karthik will score century

;)

nzfan
May 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
Bangladesh's highest score is 488 so If India get 700...

nzfan
May 26, 2007, 12:27 AM
Bashar off field

sunny747
May 26, 2007, 12:28 AM
They are approaching the world record for the first wicket stand, even though the openers are retired hurt. If they do make it, this will be a record with a twist. The world record as of now stands at 413 between India's Pankaj Roy and Vinoo Mankad against New Zealand at Madras in 1955/56

sunny747
May 26, 2007, 12:29 AM
bashar ki retire korse naki? ........match thread......still so less ppl hehe..

Sohel
maiden over by sharif... speed up to 125.

gatekeeper
Bashar off field

Only positive for BD side so far........

cricketboy
May 26, 2007, 12:30 AM
Enamul would have been more effective than he was in CDS if he played.

gatekeeper
Wow........maiden from Sharif, his first.

cricketboy
maiden over by sharif... speed up to 125.
WHy does he grunt like he bowls at 150kmh! :-D

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 12:31 AM
rahul falls... who's next?

SherKhan
Finaaally

gatekeeper
A wicket........finally

Sohel
kartik's back to get his...

Nocturnal
first wicket fall finally :)

billah
May 26, 2007, 12:32 AM
Well, the pitch is finally turning. They are gonna declare, then they will slaughter Habla on this pitch this afternoon. Hablu single handedly did this to us.

cricketboy
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! WIcket

billah
Just as I was saying, first wicket falls.