PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful is the key. If he does well we stand a chance of defeating india in the 2nd test

mj
May 24, 2007, 03:49 PM
Although these facts apply to Odi, the same can be presumed for the test matches. The fact of the matter is that when ever Ashraful does well Bangladesh seems to be able to pull of victories. Three prime examples of this is when we defeated Austrailia, South Africa and Srilanka. Basically, when eid comes around the team's spirit does rise tremondously.

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 04:08 PM
i'd say our entire top order is the key... not just ash despite the talismanic impact. ash doing well will have a positive impact as he's by far the best batsman we have, but then i remember the 158 NO against india not too long ago... a lot of joy, yet....

Sovik
May 24, 2007, 04:13 PM
its not only ashraful, we need big knock from first 3.

tonoy
May 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
The top three needs to stay. Im more hopeful for Nafees.

jawaherul
May 24, 2007, 04:15 PM
I expect a century from ashraful in this test .

and I think , ashraful has changed religion , because eid er bodole ekhon puja dekhben mone hoy ... 12 mashe 13 parbon :floor: :lol: :-D

sensible
May 24, 2007, 04:17 PM
BD needs to bat for at least 5 sessions in the 1st innings. Don't care who bats and how much they score....then in the second innings, at least bat at least 2.5 innings....this would ensure that we'll not lose the test...and if the batting and bowling clicks, then we might win.

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 04:49 PM
BD needs to bat for at least 5 sessions in the 1st innings. Don't care who bats and how much they score....then in the second innings, at least bat at least 2.5 innings....this would ensure that we'll not lose the test...and if the batting and bowling clicks, then we might win.

how very sensible of you bro... :D

Murad
May 24, 2007, 05:27 PM
I expect a century from ashraful in this test .

and I think , ashraful has changed religion , because eid er bodole ekhon puja dekhben mone hoy ... 12 mashe 13 parbon :floor: :lol: :-D

stop talking nonsense plz.. hes maturing that doesnt mean he changed his religion...

Murad
May 24, 2007, 05:29 PM

nafees would fail again.. like the first test...

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 05:31 PM
stop talking nonsense plz.. hes maturing that doesnt mean he changed his religion...

t'hatta-moshkora kortachhe bhaya... cheitta jan keh? amrao ki ashre kom mohobbot kori? heida to amgo hokkoleri pola. :D

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 05:34 PM
nafees would fail again.. like the first test...

i HOPE NOT bro... we're in the same team remember? think positive dude... :flag:

cricket_pagol
May 24, 2007, 05:37 PM
I am banking on Ash, SN and sakib to score a bulf of the runs... Hopefully Rajin will play a solid anchor innings. Let's see how the players adjust to the bouncy pitch at mirpur. I think winning the toss will help us tremendously. I hope shahadat is 100% fit.

Murad
May 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
i HOPE NOT bro... we're in the same team remember? think positive dude... :flag:

i used to think positive on him..before.. but not anymore.. now het got fat.. bad ball e out hoi.. aro koto ki... i think he forgot how to bat....

KnightBD
May 24, 2007, 06:59 PM
I feel Ash will have a good knock in 1st innings. First innings score of our team will be the key for confidence. If we can have a good one, like one with Aus, this time we will get India.

wow... my half century (post)! :-D

IanW
May 24, 2007, 07:25 PM
No. The key is good batting and partnerships.

It doesnt matter if no-one gets a 50 if the whole team gets to 400.

Ian Whitchurch

tonoy
May 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
i used to think positive on him..before.. but not anymore.. now het got fat.. bad ball e out hoi.. aro koto ki... i think he forgot how to bat....

to be honest, ash has shown almost no improvement on this series. I mean numbers dont lie dude. Nafees was looking good on the test. And so what if he is fat? Look at kallis, tendu and even ash is starting to gain that little belly. So my point is, dont make irrelevant points as your support for your opinion.

Zobair
May 24, 2007, 09:43 PM
Actually Nafees seems to have bulked up his arms and shoulders...I am expecting at least a 50 from him in this match...he was really looking good during that first innings.

Sohel
May 24, 2007, 09:46 PM

bhai ehon ektu bhala kotha chinta koron dorkar na? ... he's IN the team after all... biya shadi korle to ektu ... :-|

BonBon
May 24, 2007, 09:56 PM
Murad..I think you missed his joke..it is funny and good. He is hoping the ASH comes like puja (many per year) and not Eid (2 per year). Its not about converting

Very funny :-D :-D :-D :-D

Murad
May 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
to be honest, ash has shown almost no improvement on this series. I mean numbers dont lie dude. Nafees was looking good on the test. And so what if he is fat? Look at kallis, tendu and even ash is starting to gain that little belly. So my point is, dont make irrelevant points as your support for your opinion.

aai haai.. kaar mukhe ki shuni... bhai.. wc er shomoi.. nafees ke niye apnar reaction gulo dekhechi.... apni khub valo bujhen.....

aar kichu bolte chai na...

PoorFan
May 24, 2007, 10:03 PM
No. The key is good batting and partnerships.

It doesnt matter if no-one gets a 50 if the whole team gets to 400.

Ian Whitchurch
I repeat IanW again. My hope is on Rajin, Sakib, Nafees, Ash for building good partnership.

cricketlvr
May 24, 2007, 10:05 PM

yeah me too...top 3=nafees, JO, and bashar...hopefully they'll set up at least a solid foundation...but i'm even more hopeful for ashraful, sakib, and mashrafe

ashraful has not done so well in batting recently against india...i hope hope hope he gets at least a century:-/

gatekeeper
May 24, 2007, 10:37 PM
Partnership, several solid partnerships, backed up by good bowling and fielding.

Rifat
May 25, 2007, 02:42 AM

1st bangladeshi muslim player to perform the "sizdah" on the field after a remarkable century, he is a pure muslim... goes to show he is thankful

Nafi
May 25, 2007, 03:11 AM
1st bangladeshi muslim player to perform the "sizdah" on the field after a remarkable century, he is a pure muslim... goes to show he is thankful

So he started the trend

scoilaheez
May 25, 2007, 03:15 AM
nafees and ash are capable of scoring big, so our hope is on them.

jawaherul
May 25, 2007, 05:05 AM

eto bujhen vai , moshkora bujhen na ? achchha jaan , ash dhormo change kore nai , amiii dhormo change korsi , amar notun dhormo er proti shomman dekhaiya ash ekhon regular valo khelbo ;)

and , Ash is also one of my fav player . actually , I liked him even when many of you bashed him . I always like talent , performing or not :-p

about SN : it's high time SN had some big score under his belt . but his last inning dismissal is worrying me . even when he was in peak of the form , he was out so many time at the start of his innings trying to nudge the ball on legstamp to the fine-leg and presenting a catch to the wicket keeper . Also , sometimes , he had been out caught behind trying to pull the ball from legstamp and a little bit shorter length . I think he needs to correct something there ... probably just close the face of the bat a little bit late . anyway , good luck to him .

Timtim
May 25, 2007, 06:40 AM
Vaijan...downgrade that dream and pray for a draw

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 06:43 AM
I'll be pleased if we make it to 300 with Kumble bowling on the third day.

Nafi
May 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
To win this match, Ash not only needs an eid, he needs the second coming of Jesus!!! (pbuh).

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
the events of day clearly proved that HaBa has always been the key to our failures... new thread idea??? :doh:

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 06:53 AM
the events of day clearly proved that HaBa has always been the key to our failures... new thread idea??? :doh:

LOL.

BANFAN
May 25, 2007, 07:06 AM
For winning !! well not one, many will have to put on their best performance. I don't think, bangladesh was ever playing for a win. Morning showed the day, when the captain won the toss and decided to field first.

Expect a super dull batting performance from BD to make it a draw, series draw against India isn't bad, is it? That's the idea prevailing in the team. I'm sure

Tokai
May 25, 2007, 08:52 AM
Yes, HaBa(LoL) is the key. If he can keep this stupidity down to a minimal level, we would have a chance. I don't expect any smartness from him, just keep the stupidity under control.

Fazal
May 25, 2007, 09:01 AM

Vaijan.... after 1st day... it looks like we need to downgrade a little bit more. Just prevent Innings defeat.

Fazal
May 26, 2007, 07:15 AM
Looks like the key is broken. For the 2nd test, the key failed to produce.

We are concentrated too much on Bashar's failure, which he deserves. But looks like our shonar pakhi pitla ghu ghu is also failing to produce anything ....

WarWolf
May 26, 2007, 07:22 AM
Looks like the key is broken. For the 2nd test, the key failed to produce.

We are concentrated too much on Bashar's failure, which he deserves. But looks like our shonar pakhi pitla ghu ghu is also failing to produce anything ....

We still have 2nd inning left. I am sure Ash will produce a good one.

tonoy
May 26, 2007, 07:41 AM
shob bhua batsmen. shobai ke jhata pitano uchit. Damn flop batsmen. Kick them all out.

Miraz
May 26, 2007, 07:47 AM
shob bhua batsmen. shobai ke jhata pitano uchit. Damn flop batsmen. Kick them all out.

bhaijan, jhata pitanor aage ektu apnar nacha nachi bondho korben?

Ajkeo eto nachtesen, bepar ta ki?

(hint : look at ur avatar)

Tigers_eye
May 26, 2007, 07:49 AM
ar kar kasey "key" asey? Amar'ta kaj kortasey na.

computer'a Indian'der pitani dekhtey dekhtey gumai gasilam. Tar por kemney jani thik Bangladesh'er batting agey ghum bhenggey galo.

Next koy minute por chinta korlam Allah eita ki dekhailo fojor'er wakt'tey?

istiak
May 26, 2007, 08:02 AM
Bhai apnara Key pailen koi....Ghor to tala mara na chabi diwa ki korben? Je batting dekhalo kapor o to khuila niche.

bang
May 26, 2007, 08:37 AM
Although these facts apply to Odi, the same can be presumed for the test matches. The fact of the matter is that when ever Ashraful does well Bangladesh seems to be able to pull of victories. Three prime examples of this is when we defeated Austrailia, South Africa and Srilanka. Basically, when eid comes around the team's spirit does rise tremondously.

It is not Ashraful but the left arm spinner who has got more chance of drowning indian hopes because subcontinental pitches are spin friendly .Test matches are won by bowlers and not Batsman so rafique only can win them the testmatch.As a Indian i hope this happens as for how long will Tendulkar,Dravid,Ganguly play and bore Indian fans as their performance comes only against less good opponents.I am sure we will lose again to England on next tour :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Alien
May 26, 2007, 08:51 AM

Umm.....are you sure? I think there is a better chance that Keyamot will happen tomorrow.

Protic
May 26, 2007, 09:18 AM
:) Ashraful? Naah.

fwullah
May 26, 2007, 11:00 AM
Umm.....are you sure? I think there is a better chance that Keyamot will happen tomorrow.

Ashraful is not yet consistent enough to play well in both innings to get a test victory for us, just singlehandedly.

Others will have to come up and it will have to be a teamwork.

Protic
May 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
Ashraful has 1 EID left though.. so he might perform good in the second innings..but say sakib doesnt do any good tomorrow..and we get bowled out by 200 or less.. so even if Ashraful performs in the 2nd innnings ..we gotta score 470+ runs to give india atleast 70-80 runs to chase..and still they would have enough time to chase it down unless Ashraful takes 500 balls for his "good score"...and followed by some gritty performances from others aswell.

Rajowana
May 26, 2007, 11:48 AM
When is he ever gonna be consistent!!!

ZaKi
May 26, 2007, 11:51 AM
ar kar kasey "key" asey? Amar'ta kaj kortasey na.

computer'a Indian'der pitani dekhtey dekhtey gumai gasilam. Tar por kemney jani thik Bangladesh'er batting agey ghum bhenggey galo.

Next koy minute por chinta korlam Allah eita ki dekhailo fojor'er wakt'tey?

du-sopno mone kore vule jaan bhai ;)

cricketlvr
May 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
i think ashraful, after becoming vice-captain, is becoming a lot like our old vice-captain and current captain. he's not being consistent at all!!! look at how dravid and tendulkar play...and how bashar and ashraful play. they're embarrassing us! rather, mashrafe and sakib (who's playing test for the first time!) are doing better.

Rajowana
May 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
i think ashraful, after becoming vice-captain, is becoming a lot like our old vice-captain and current captain. he's not being consistent at all!!! look at how dravid and tendulkar play...and how bashar and ashraful play. they're embarrassing us! rather, mashrafe and sakib (who's playing test for the first time!) are doing better.

yepp yepp yepp

Kamnew
May 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
Ashraful has the flair but no sence of responsiblity.

russellprb
May 26, 2007, 12:50 PM
amar obhak lage jokon dheki ekon o onek e Asharaful ke niye shopno dheke....such performance after 4 yrs in international cricket...nooooooo hope buddy

Fazal
May 26, 2007, 01:05 PM

Sure ... there will always be a 2nd Innings...then 2nd Test (ops this is the 2nd and last test of the series)...then next series...then next year.... and so on and so on for our Pitla GhuGhu. He is our next Captain on the line with already experienced with 34 test matches ...

Atleast Bashar was more consistent in TEST (with 43 TEST with 34 average) than our Pitla GhuGhu (with 34 TEST with 24 average). And see how people are ripping Bashar for his poor performance (and justifiably so). Now just think what will happen to our Pitla GhuGhu future captain if he continue to perform the way he is doing all through his career including now.....people move forward and we will move backward.

Murad
May 26, 2007, 01:14 PM
Fazal mia... ash er lez nia tana tani shuru korche.. ar kaoke dekhenna bbhai??? apni je ore ekdomi like korenna.. sheta to apra hokkole jani..

Fazal
May 26, 2007, 01:23 PM
Fazal mia... ash er lez nia tana tani shuru korche.. ar kaoke dekhenna bbhai??? apni je ore ekdomi like korenna.. sheta to apra hokkole jani..

Bhai I don't dislike Ash... nor do I dislike Bashar, or Gullu or Pilot or Chacha... (or you name any BD players). The point is when a player is playing in the national team consitent basis... I expect consistent performance. For a while we (including myself) are all over complaining about Bashar, Gullu, Pilot aw well as SN. Is n't it time to give full attention to all the culprits? Or you think somehow Ash is beyond any ccritism This is the 2nd time (in two tests) all the experienced batsman failed at the same time.

Bhai you may choose give free ride to Ash.... don't expect me to do so... to me players are secondary... its the team thats my only concern. After playing 34 TEST I expect more consistent performance from experienced players like Ash.

And Basahr and Pilot is my less concern in long term. They will quit the team one way or another. But because of Ash's still young age, we are stuck with him...whether we like it or not. And an inconsistent under performing (Future) captain is a BIG BIG headache and road block in team success in my mind.

Rajowana
May 26, 2007, 01:26 PM

i like ur avatar.Look at it running and sayin omg omg omg lolz

jawaherul
May 26, 2007, 01:34 PM
I hadn't seen rajin's out . but ... the top 4 of ours got out of very good deliveries . some sort of unplayable ones . ash had very fast ball perfect good length coming in sharply . and when you are fresh in the crease , your feet does not move as smoothly . many a batsman would have been out on that delivery . also , bashar got a quick rising deliveries .

you can ask ... why india was 610/3 then ? ...... mmmmm ... I don't know , why indian pacers were doing wonders with the new ball while our bowling ( even after the fact that mash was not 100%fit and no other pacers to really generate something on this deadly pitch ) .

having said that , i agree that to be a good test team , we need to deal with these unplayable deliveries more smartly . and i agree ... we are not yet ready to play test cricket . we need more time . :(

however , as you are bashing the team players ... I am not that angry . these guys never leave no stone unturned . they tried their best but even their best was not enough . so , I am not angry or annoyed . only what annoys me is the decision of coming to a test match with a toothless bowling attack even compared to bangladesh standard and even more ... the decision after the toss . probably batsmen getting out is forgivable because they does not have enough ability ( and to play test cricket , we must find ability somehow ) . but , throwing away easy chances that came to our way and also throwing away the chance to bat on the batting friendly and probably most favorable pitch is intollerable .

you can bash me now :-p ... for this shameless support to the players . i would not mind . rather for all of you bashing me .. :-*

Protic
May 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
No Bashing man.. :) Ive heard the same thingy from many people in here..not everyone bashing the players..in fact i myself feel.. Bash and SN had 50-50 fault when they got out..

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 06:21 PM
Sure ... there will always be a 2nd Innings...then 2nd Test (ops this is the 2nd and last test of the series)...then next series...then next year.... and so on and so on for our Pitla GhuGhu. He is our next Captain on the line with already experienced with 34 test matches ...

Atleast Bashar was more consistent in TEST (with 43 TEST with 34 average) than our Pitla GhuGhu (with 34 TEST with 24 average). And see how people are ripping Bashar for his poor performance (and justifiably so). Now just think what will happen to our Pitla GhuGhu future captain if he continue to perform the way he is doing all through his career including now.....people move forward and we will move backward.

Touché... Why does your post not surprise me? :confused: