PDA

View Full Version : International Cricket Matches on TV

fwullah
May 24, 2007, 11:47 PM
Bangladesh Government has stopped showing International Cricket Matches in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh Government has stopped the Cable companies from broadcasting Neo Sports channel.

And since BTV is a national television, run by the Government of Bangladesh, the Government has also stopped showing International Cricket Matches in BTV.

SMHasan
May 24, 2007, 11:55 PM
Why?Any logic?

fwullah
May 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
Why?Any logic?

Stopping Neo Sports channel from broadcasting - its logical; there's some legal marketing and issues and culture thingy (stopped broadcasting other channels like AXN for violence).

The only logic that I'm seeing is that the people who're running the country, don't wanna run the country anymore.

fwullah
May 25, 2007, 12:29 AM
BTV showing the match live now, after 1 and a half hour.

SMHasan
May 25, 2007, 12:43 AM
Stopping a sports channel doesn't give a boost our culture Fahmida. AXN is a different issue. May be there is a marketing issue involved in it as it did in past. Remember ESPN-STAR was stopped too.

Our country is really a weired place.

Kabir
May 25, 2007, 12:58 AM
FWUllah apa...didn't expect this kind of thread from you. The title is very misleading, and your analysis didn't make any sense to me.

BTV may have been having technical difficulties for which they started 1 and a half hours late. Other than that, I don't see a reason why they would start so late. They do have even the tiny bit of professionalism on mind.

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 01:04 AM
this governemt is doing lots of illogical things...they are not thinking, just like Dev and hablu....and when they take a decision, they dont count the mass ppl's interest

PoorFan
May 25, 2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah, the title is misleading, should be taken off BD Govt. thing.

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 01:09 AM
BTV may have been having technical difficulties for which they started 1 and a half hours late. Other than that, I don't see a reason why they would start so late.

From BTV side, there was no info abt technical difficulties.....they were even showing the LIVE matches scorecard (taken from the live broadcast) while showing Kazi Nazrul Islam's Bday programme.......that means they had no tech. difficulties.

Till now....i see they did not show the match for Nazrul's programme...that is radiculus!!!!!!

adel
May 25, 2007, 01:12 AM
okay...o i've been in holiday outside dhaka for 2 months now...what channels have been removed from...

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 01:13 AM
Also BD gov. decided to shut off TEN SPORTS, for this ppl here could not watch UEFA Champions league final also yeserday.....not only that...TEN SPORTS show many live cricekt matches.....if any marketing/legal issue is there with ten sports, then gov. should try to solve that.....this are the channel of sports....and gov. should encourage young ppl to see theese....otherwise young ppl are seeing channels like sony, zee and learning nothing but hindi language