PDA

View Full Version : Positives from the 2nd Test, Day 1

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 06:49 AM
Before Miraz bhai is writing his article, summarizing all the positives of today's match, let me focus on a few points.

1. The sloppy planning of the team management is exposed. This has been a serious issue for quite a long time; but somehow, this was eclipsed because of the World cup success. (final-standingwise)

2. Bashar's strategy is again exposed to the public. Even the die-hard supporters of his captaincy can now see, he is a script memorizing goody boy, completely incapable of adapting to the situation.

3. None of the Indian's scored an unbeaten century!:-D

4. Missed catches. Those could again helped to hide the management blunders.

5. Moni bhai not getting a chance to give even a lbw. (Same reason as 4.)

You can list other points, if you think, I missed them.

cricman
May 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
3. None of the Indian's scored a century!:-D

Jaffer 130+

Sohel
May 25, 2007, 06:53 AM
nice try bro...

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 06:58 AM
Jaffer 130+
yep, 138 :)
Corrected! Thanks.

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 06:59 AM
nice try bro...
Thanks, Sohel bhai. Apnar blog halka-patla dekhlam. Well-organized.

BonBon
May 25, 2007, 07:04 AM
very nice going

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 07:09 AM
I have two positives:

1) In the face of oppressive heat, stifling humidity and world-class dimwittery from his captain, and absolutely no support from a second-string attack, Mashrafe Mortaza gave the Indian batsmen trouble right till the last ball and finished with very, very creditable figures.

2) Saqibul Hasan, despite dropping one of the easier slip catches he'll ever receive in his career, once again showed why he has the potential to be a genuine all-rounder. On a surface that offered no spin, he kept his line and length tidy and occasionally got a little hint of turn. When he adds an arm ball or a change of pace to his repertoire, we might well see him achieving the magic marks of a batting average above 40 and a bowling average below 30.

Hatebreed
May 25, 2007, 07:21 AM
Mashrafe's economical bowling, despite that expensive over after lunch, humid conditions and possible ankle strain, is probably the only real positive of day 1.

zahid
May 25, 2007, 07:30 AM
Positives :

Karthik and Jaffer won't bat in 2nd innings ( if there is one for them ! )

CricFanBD
May 25, 2007, 07:40 AM
Only one thing: Bashar won the toss at last.

MysoreHuli
May 25, 2007, 07:42 AM
First the teams were terrorised by rain. And now by Sun.

nasimul
May 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
India score 326/0...it could be 400/0 or 500/0 or so on.....................

Tigers_eye
May 25, 2007, 08:08 AM
Positives :

Karthik and Jaffer won't bat in 2nd innings ( if there is one for them ! )
For that matter no Indian needs to bat for the second innings.

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 08:47 AM
Now you see, there are actually lot of positives coming out of every match ;)

Fazal
May 25, 2007, 09:05 AM
1. The sloppy planning of the team management is exposed. This has been a serious issue for quite a long time; but somehow, this was eclipsed because of the World cup success. (final-standingwise)

Agree ... thats the only big positive so far.

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 09:36 AM
Positives (for India) from me: Almost the entire days game::)

Kabir
May 25, 2007, 09:38 AM
I guess the ONLY positive thing is that Bangladesh's complete inability to play Test matches has been stripped naked...

Russell2k7
May 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
The only positive is +600 runs for IND.

Rifat_02
May 25, 2007, 09:47 AM
Positives: Bashar didn't bowl himself

Thats the only one I could find

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 10:11 AM
I guess the ONLY positive thing is that Bangladesh's complete inability to play Test matches has been stripped naked...

We're not all that bad with a full team.

One thing that's been stripped naked is how limited our reserve seamers can be in this form of the game.

nightwatchman
May 25, 2007, 10:15 AM
I was so furious cause I thought it was Miras's attempt to butterup the BCB for Rabeed's post.
but you got me .....
I am speechless...
Only positive I can see is I do not have to wait all night as BD will follow on and struggle......
Good Luck

bharat
May 25, 2007, 10:29 AM
Ask me ...It is Mortaza all the way .This guy has a large heart and is world class.He can make into any team in the world

On the flip side, apart from him I dont see anyone even trying to compete ...

Also, the bowling is One dimensional ...you cant have 3 Left arm spinners and get away for long ...SLA traditionally have always been restrictive bowlers and not attacking like a good leg spinners or a good Offspnner.

I am suprised Banglacricket forum members have not identified this weekness.Yes, the SLA's have given BD some victories ..but good teams adapt ...once they adap there is no element of suprise ...

Rifat_02
May 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
Also, the bowling is One dimensional ...you cant have 3 Left arm spinners and get away for long ...SLA traditionally have always been restrictive bowlers and not attacking like a good leg spinners or a good Offspnner.

We didn't play three left arm spinners in this match.

bharat
May 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
I was talking in general ...good catch though

pagol-chagol
May 25, 2007, 10:57 AM

I am suprised Banglacricket forum members have not identified this weekness.

We have discussed about it a lot. The next best spinner outside of our 1 million SLAs is Rasel. :-p We just don't have any other kind with any effectiveness.

CTazim
May 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
The only positive is that BC forum for the first time is unanimous with respect to Bashar being incompetent to lead. Some of the so called self-proclaimed pundits of Cricket are changing their tunes for the better.

pagol-chagol
May 25, 2007, 11:10 AM
The best thing about the first day:
10. Mushfiq, Tamim, Razzaq, Shahadat, Enamul Jr., Junaid, Sadat, Dollar didn't learn losing ways from our great leader.
9. India will let Bashar score some runs in this game as gratitude.
8. McInnes will get an offer from India in two years since the improvements he'll make to this loser team will be amplified.
7. It'll help Shahadat's confidence.
6. It'll help the curator's confidence and we'll get better fields in the future.
5. Chittagong & other stadiums will install Dhaka's drainage system.
4. This will be the last time Bangladesh will play & decide like chickens.
3. Bashar's parents will tell him to quit.
2. Bashar's children will tell him to quit.
1. Bashar's wife will tell him to quit.

CricFan001
May 25, 2007, 11:11 AM
full 90 over played on day 1

cricket_pagol
May 25, 2007, 11:59 AM
the run-rate for India is a little bit more than 3.5. With this rate they cannot reach 700 by the end of day 2... therefore they don't have the opportunity to break the record for the highest number of runs in an innings (900+) by day three.

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 12:19 PM
the run-rate for India is a little bit more than 3.5. With this rate they cannot reach 700 by the end of day 2... therefore they don't have the opportunity to break the record for the highest number of runs in an innings (900+) by day three.

The run rate raised markedly after the arrival of Dravid and presumably isn't likely to dip again with Tendulkar at the crease.

It's going to be a long day.

Beamer
May 25, 2007, 12:21 PM
Ask me ...It is Mortaza all the way .This guy has a large heart and is world class.He can make into any team in the world

On the flip side, apart from him I dont see anyone even trying to compete ...

I am suprised Banglacricket forum members have not identified this weekness.Yes, the SLA's have given BD some victories ..but good teams adapt ...once they adap there is no element of suprise ...

Victories only in ODI's. If you ask me, the two best SLA's among them are not even featuring in this test match ! No offie or leggie in sight either from the pool of spinners we have. Alok is the only occassional leg spinner we have.

PoorFan
May 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
Both team dont have to face heat for 5 days, will go back home couple of days early.

syzygy
May 25, 2007, 12:40 PM
positives r u kidding?? ur fielders cant catch those sitters and ind score 326 runs thats positive?? u guys are talking like habla, no doubt he is ur captain

Fazal
May 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
Another positive is:

BD gave 40 less runs than WI in 1st day.

Bash to Bash Khaise... WI kabey Kathal.

Protic
May 25, 2007, 01:12 PM
MMM.. off topic : Dinesh Karthik collapsed badly :o

yaseer
May 25, 2007, 01:15 PM
We don't have any possitives........but there is a possitive for India....Today they have come to know the present potential of DAV Whatmore....his abilities are going down by days....

sadi
May 25, 2007, 01:20 PM
Not sure about the postive from day 1 but I got one for day 2. IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE.

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 01:22 PM
Here is a prediction of one more positive. Probably, you'll get them by the end of 2nd day, or in the morning session of 3rd day.

* Our batsmen will not have to retire hurt because of dehydration. They will give away their wickets before that catastrophy happens.

Baundule
May 25, 2007, 01:24 PM
Not sure about the postive from day 1 but I got one for day 2. IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE.
I doubt it. After achieving an innings defeat, Bashar will claim that the boys actually executed the plan very well; it just did not click ;)

akabir77
May 25, 2007, 02:51 PM
Only positive We wont have to bowl in two innings in this hot weather...

al Furqaan
May 25, 2007, 06:05 PM
potential positive:

bashar gets thrown in the retirement pool...buy the guy a 10,000 sq ft mansion in jeddah, give him amnesty in paris, do whatever but get him the heck away from our team!!!

Murad
May 25, 2007, 07:40 PM
sudhu ekta positive ami dekhte pachchi.. Basharer poton... etodin dhoira ore test captain hishebe rakhbe bolsilo.. ekhon tao ar rakhbena.. im pretty sure.. his bad captaincy is exposed...

ore ei match er pore sudhu test bastsman hishebe rakha dorkar...

cleazer
May 25, 2007, 08:49 PM
Postitives?

Okay, I'm positive we're not going to win. :(

cleazer
May 25, 2007, 08:50 PM
* Our batsmen will not have to retire hurt because of dehydration. They will give away their wickets before that catastrophy happens.Booo dehydration.
Hooray poor shot selection.

Red Stripe beer

knightrider357
May 25, 2007, 09:05 PM
the only positive is... we have successfully build the career of Dinesh Karthik and Wasim Jaffer... well, its not the first time we are doing this... we revived Inzamam's career in Multan.... made Pathan a sensational allrounder... helped Gillespie score a double century... and the list goes on and on... :)

i feel bad for VVS Laxman..... if he had played against us... may be we could have cemented his place in the national team.....