PDA

View Full Version : How long do we have to take bad decisions from different umpires?

tanvir_nus
May 25, 2007, 09:10 AM
Why is Bangladesh always given bad decisions? If the umpire gives a bad decision it always seem to go against bangladesh and that too in crucial times. It's heartbreaking for fans to see our team again and again being subjected to the worse umpiring that too in the international stage and clearly NOTHING DONE against it!!!!!!

So many incidents come across, asoka in multan, bowden in the world cup, asoka again in the dhaka one dayers, even aleem dar against some team i don't remember, and now daryl harper. The decisions that could have gone our way could have been so so vital and could have won atleast a dozen of the matches we lost.

That is hardly the point, being one of the lower ranked teams the advantage is clearly against us as it has been shown when it should be the opposite. There has been NO ACTION taken against such bad decisions. There has been no writings about them, there has been no talks about them. What is going on? How are we going to win if we get these biasedness working against us for so long? it's just continuing and never ending!!!

If we can't get the ICC working for us or even the BCB creating pressure on the umpires and lodging complains to match referees or the ICC then why can't the team management come and create media press conference and talk about this? Has it not been the strategy of so many international teams in cricket and in so many other sports to talk about the umpires not doing their jobs so as to create pressure in their mind and eventually work the decisions towards themselves? I have never seen anyone in our team protesting in the media or even voicing concerns!!!! Is it loser mentality or the fear of breaching code of conduct? I say hell to that code of conduct when you can't stand up for yourself. It's about HIGH TIME we realize this can't continue this anymore. Just do something Bangladesh team. Please........

ps: don't even want to start on that kar"thick" edge:mad:

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 09:34 AM
Umpiring mistakes are a part of the game and you have to live with it. Umpires dont do it intentionally. They are mere human beings and can make mistakes. The system is the same for every team and you must accept it. Its foolish to assume that umpires are doing it intentionally. Since you are a BD fan, you majorly notice the unfair decisions against BD. And since BD is still a weak team and end up on the losing side more often than not, the mistakes look glaringly big and seem to be instrumental in defeats. As a matter of fact, every team gets its share of those mistakes. As BD improves as a team and start winning more matches, you will get used to these things.

Nafi
May 25, 2007, 10:19 AM
Umpiring mistakes are a part of the game and you have to live with it. Umpires dont do it intentionally. They are mere human beings and can make mistakes. The system is the same for every team and you must accept it. Its foolish to assume that umpires are doing it intentionally. Since you are a BD fan, you majorly notice the unfair decisions against BD. And since BD is still a weak team and end up on the losing side more often than not, the mistakes look glaringly big and seem to be instrumental in defeats. As a matter of fact, every team gets its share of those mistakes. As BD improves as a team and start winning more matches, you will get used to these things.

I remember tendulkar being called out from wk catch, but replay showed his bat never touched the ball and he was called back to the pitch.

Now why couldnt that happen to us?

jinglenuts
May 25, 2007, 10:21 AM
dere should b a new rule of umpiring. if d comentators get it's a wrong decission they they should inform d 3rd umpire n he'll inform d field umpire! that'll b better. lol

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
I remember tendulkar being called out from wk catch, but replay showed his bat never touched the ball and he was called back to the pitch.

Now why couldnt that happen to us?

Exceptions and not examples. Such things have happened in the past. But those are rare incidents. One has to be really lucky for something like that.

If you loon into the career of the same Tendulkar, you will be surprised with the number of times he has been wrongfully given out. But every time he just walks when the umpire gives him out. Once he was asked about it and he said that it was a part of the game and it happens. Thats the point- its a part of the game and it happens. You have to take your share as well.

tanvir_nus
May 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry Surfer, but I do not agree with you. It is a known fact that Bangladesh maintains a very gentle,timid and submissive behaviour on and off field. While it is ofcourse bearing the name of the game it is costing us a hell lot of advantages. While I agree with you that guys like Tendulkar who has played what 400+ games in both forms of cricket can get a decision or two once against themselves that is hardlly my point. My point is how many times do you see any other team get the benefit of doubt consistently going against them? It is that slight advantage they have going for themselves for not being a minnow or the submissive kind.

Cricket is afterall becoming more and more competitive mentally. Without a mental edge half of the game is lost before it is played. It has happenned even to Bangladesh before with that losing streak and maybe just maybe created that biasedness against the Bangladeshi team. If the players don't believe in themselves then how do you expect the officials.

But the story is different now. We need to put pressure on the umpires constantly now. This is getting out of hand now. I am sure we will face more and more bad decisions. Maybe it's not all that racism or biasedness, just the fact that the umpires tend to think subconsciously before judging against the big names or the big league teams, just going by the reputation.

The solution should be looked for and taken now. The bad decisions are just aweful truth and we need to stop it.

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 02:12 PM
We had horrendous luck with LBWs during the last one, but I don't think we can complain too much about the edge that wasn't given today

There's always at least one mistake in every match

The trouble is that those mistakes cost Bangladesh more than any other team

Protic
May 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
Everybody wants to impress India.

Protic
May 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
Thinking about a bright future in the Bollywood Film Industry.

jawaherul
May 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
I know , umpires are human being and their mistakes are part of the game .

but , my experience as a cricket fan tells me that less stronger teams are getting the wrong decisions more often than the stronger ones . when two unequal strength-ed teams are playing and there is a wrong decision , more often than not it is against the weaker team .

I don't say umpires intentionally do that but the difference in mentality towards a strong team and a weak team from the umpires point of view might slightly affect their decision when confusion arises . umpires can't do much about that , this things are not intentional on their part , this is submissive in their mind :-/

today shamim chowdhury once told about this unequal behavior towards strong and weak teams in his commentry or rather suspected the existence of such behavior .

however , without blaming anyone and agreeing on humanic mistakes , it is fair enough a call to allow the team , no matter strong or weak , who gets a bad decision , makes a complaint to ICC . after all , umpires' performance must also be feedback even though they are human . the reason is that they are also professionals .

When a batsman frequently plays poor shots and gets out cheaply, he is thrown out of the team . then being a professional , an umpire must also pay for his humanic mistakes on the field when they appear at regular basis .

Protic
May 25, 2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah heard shahim's thingy.. but he didnt wanted to blame anyone..rightfully so..but umpires does tend to favour the bigger,richer teams.
Jawaherul : bruv.. your siggy has a mistake..
if you are pointing the follow on target we had to reach on the first test.. it was 188..and we were 188/8 :) not 166 and 166/8.

syzygy
May 25, 2007, 03:27 PM
ufff dont be a cry baby all the time.its all habla's fault, the umpires will never give out seeing his stupid smile.

cricketboy
May 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
Yesterday even before SHamim said that I was saying to somebody that decisions goes against Bangladesh always. Soimehow umpired dont want to give decision in favor of us which is so so sad for Bangladesh supporters. Very Very few instances when we had the favor of a bad decision. Okay even if we leave out "out" decisions, umpires like Asoka are so skewed that they give a ball of similar line wide when Bangladesh bowls but counts it as a legitimate 1 when we bat! Pathetic. :mad:

Protic
May 25, 2007, 03:34 PM
No ones being a cry baby.. just mentioning that some decisions could actually hurt the players' sporty instinct..and raise opponent's game.

-------------------------------
*1000th Post*
I'm the 47th Test Cricketer :D YAHHHA

Nafi
May 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
Do you know the one where it nicked karthik's bat, thing is if it didnt hit, it should of been given wide.

But it was given neither wide nor out, this is leading me to believe the umpire may of purposefully gone against BD, and in his panic forgot to give the wide.

Only a theory though, Im probably wrong.

WarWolf
May 26, 2007, 07:21 AM
Do you know the one where it nicked karthik's bat, thing is if it didnt hit, it should of been given wide.

But it was given neither wide nor out, this is leading me to believe the umpire may of purposefully gone against BD, and in his panic forgot to give the wide.

Only a theory though, Im probably wrong.

Umpires don't give wide such balls in test cricket. Well, for ODI, this was definitely a wide ball.

psj
May 26, 2007, 08:28 AM
How long will u guys try to hold Umpire uncles hand and hope to win matches.
Guys stop cribbing abt non controllables and pray that someone in the team puts a good show with the bat.
There was one thread blaming Dav and this one blaming the Umpires,When will u guys grow up.

BonBon
May 26, 2007, 08:30 AM
How long will u guys try to Umpire uncles hand and hope to win matches.
Guys stop cribbing abt non controllables and pray that someone in the team puts a good show with the bat.
There was one thread blaming Dav and this one blaming the Umpires,When will u guys grow up.

hear hear

WarWolf
May 26, 2007, 08:43 AM
How long will u guys try to hold Umpire uncles hand and hope to win matches.

After our elder neighbours grow up.

Sovik
May 26, 2007, 08:45 AM
how many bad decisions did we get in this match?

Surfer
May 26, 2007, 08:49 AM
Sorry Surfer, but I do not agree with you. It is a known fact that Bangladesh maintains a very gentle,timid and submissive behaviour on and off field. While it is ofcourse bearing the name of the game it is costing us a hell lot of advantages. While I agree with you that guys like Tendulkar who has played what 400+ games in both forms of cricket can get a decision or two once against themselves that is hardlly my point. My point is how many times do you see any other team get the benefit of doubt consistently going against them? It is that slight advantage they have going for themselves for not being a minnow or the submissive kind.

Cricket is afterall becoming more and more competitive mentally. Without a mental edge half of the game is lost before it is played. It has happenned even to Bangladesh before with that losing streak and maybe just maybe created that biasedness against the Bangladeshi team. If the players don't believe in themselves then how do you expect the officials.

But the story is different now. We need to put pressure on the umpires constantly now. This is getting out of hand now. I am sure we will face more and more bad decisions. Maybe it's not all that racism or biasedness, just the fact that the umpires tend to think subconsciously before judging against the big names or the big league teams, just going by the reputation.

The solution should be looked for and taken now. The bad decisions are just aweful truth and we need to stop it.

I get your point and I fully agree. If you have a submissive mindset, others will take you for granted. Being well behaved and being submissive are two different things and I think BD lacks the necessary professional aggression on the field.

But then the point is that, you cant be aggressive without bringing the level of your game up. Thats the trick. Its been some time with test status and BD hasnt yet made a mark in test cricket. The reason lies more with attitude than talent. The application has been poor and habits have been bad. You cant be aggressive with this kind of cricket. As long as that does not happen, BD cricket will continue to be taken for granted.

CricTiger
May 26, 2007, 09:39 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Umpires hardly get a chance to raise their fingers when we are bowling in a Test. May be this time he forgot to raise his finger. Although replay shows that was out

Mistakes are the parts of the game. Although Bashar made a fatal one and now all of us are suffering badly

jawaherul
May 26, 2007, 09:46 AM
if you are pointing the follow on target we had to reach on the first test.. it was 188..and we were 188/8 :) not 166 and 166/8.

no , no ; I am not pointing that . 166 was our target in the ICC trophy final against kenya in 25 overs . after shanto took that single to reach there , the commentry was what my signature repeats .

on umpiring : we are not crying , man . I just want to say that there must be some way to feed back umpire's performance by the players . umpires are not god , they are human , the need of some performance feed back is all the more reasonable for this fact . and some people are saying that we are mostly submissive , not aggressive enough in the field . this is self-criticism not utter crying ... you should understand that .

and don't you feel umpires , being professional , their performance should be evaluated and their decisions should not be taken as if they were decisions by god ?

Protic
May 26, 2007, 09:46 AM
Now.. BLAME THE BATSMEN.

fwullah
May 26, 2007, 11:05 AM
As long as our younger players enhance their reputation like Bashar and Rafique, and then remain in the team long enough with performance to capitalize on that good reputation like Bashar and Rafique.

Why like Bashar and Rafique? Because now a days, if Rafique gets 10 wickets, 9 of those wickets are bowling good deliveries (or bad ones) and 1 of the 10 wickets he gets is due to his good reputation - given out by the umpires. It is the same in Bashar's case, too.

And when the game is between 2 unknown - (without good reputation) cricketers, then it becomes the good reputation of the better side and the bad reputation of the worst side.

BonBon
May 26, 2007, 11:15 AM
as long as cricket will be played..it comes with the package you know

Cryin Out
May 26, 2007, 11:39 AM
Every nation's fans think that Umpires discriminate against their team. Every team thinks they 'wuz robbed'. Everyone thinks that vital decisions cost their team the match.

It's cricket. It will always happen and to everyone. Deal with it. Move on.

Surfer
May 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
Every nation's fans think that Umpires discriminate against their team. Every team thinks they 'wuz robbed'. Everyone thinks that vital decisions cost their team the match.

Bang on.

Protic
May 26, 2007, 11:46 AM
I woudnt agree with Cryin Out.. but Trust me.. for our 1st innings and if we loose the test by an innings..we'll only have ourselves to blame. A good batting order never shows this scenario in a batting paradise. 7-4.

SMHasan
May 26, 2007, 11:08 PM
What we can say now? Umpire Billy Doctrove just given Saqib LBW and the ball pitched outside the off stump. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I am not happy with this umpiring at all. ICC must do something.

Miraz
May 26, 2007, 11:11 PM
SMHasan, the pitching of the ball is not a problem at all here. The impact when it hit the pad was outside the off stump, and when a batsman is playing a shot, it's not out.

Mridul
May 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
What we can say now? Umpire Billy Doctrove just given Saqib LBW and the ball pitched outside the off stump. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I am not happy with this umpiring at all. ICC must do something.

anything pitching outside Leg Stump and then going towards the wickets...should be given not out

but anything pitched out side off stump and then coming back towards the stumps...has to be stopped by the bat.

Mridul
May 26, 2007, 11:18 PM
SMHasan, the pitching of the ball is not a problem at all here. The impact when it hit the pad was outside the off stump, and when a batsman is playing a shot, it's not out.

where did u find this???

james007
May 26, 2007, 11:18 PM
It is part of game buddy. Like Dravid wasn't LBW in WC match agaisnt bangladesh. So live with it.

Farhad
May 26, 2007, 11:20 PM
where did u find this???

Its a pretty well known rule...For anybody who plays regular cricket at least

Miraz
May 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
where did u find this???

Yap, that's in the rule book.

When the impact is outside the off stump, umpires can only give the batsman out if he was not offering any shot.

One World
May 26, 2007, 11:24 PM
I dont want to talk about the funny illogical posts around but it is becoming annoying day by day that how some Indian fans constantly tries to teach cricket....no offense but they need to realize that Tendulkar was plumbed in first test, Karthik was out in second test and Azharuddin used to make piches that would make Indian mediocre off-breakers better than Muralitharan in home ground.

Luvlee_nik
May 26, 2007, 11:24 PM

u wrote this word for word in anutha post as well

Luvlee_nik
May 26, 2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah heard shahim's thingy.. but he didnt wanted to blame anyone..rightfully so..but umpires does tend to favour the bigger,richer teams.

did u know that the indian government spends the MOST amount of money than any other cricketing countries? talk about desperate :floor:

Mridul
May 26, 2007, 11:28 PM
Yap, that's in the rule book.

When the impact is outside the off stump, umpires can only give the batsman out if he was not offering any shot.

Thanks Bd4eva and Miraz bhai.....ami ashole eta jantam nah....justed read the law again...i should be doing better umpiring tomorrow in the league...thanks once again :)

Haradhon
May 26, 2007, 11:33 PM
Umpiring mistakes are a part of the game and you have to live with it. Umpires dont do it intentionally.
Sharif just got a life - the ball kissed his gloves ??? I would trade Sharif for Sakib ....

SMHasan
May 27, 2007, 12:11 AM
Just went through the rules again and saw I was wrong! Anyway, thanks to Miraz bhai, Mridul bhai and BD4EVA (bhai or apu? :))

Surfer
May 27, 2007, 12:27 AM
u wrote this word for word in anutha post as well

which post dude? I cant recall copying it elsewhere.

sar2005
May 27, 2007, 01:01 AM
You need to hang these umpires.
The way this Darrle did his umpiring in this match, I wish him a death - and that can be only punishment for him to break 14crore hearts again and again.

Hang him!

reyme
May 27, 2007, 01:08 AM
Ditto!

sar2005
May 27, 2007, 01:08 AM
Cricinfo -

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>0.1</TD><TD width="100%">Khan to Javed Omar, OUT, Harpered? fuller length delivery down the leg side, a gentle loosener. Javed Omar has a waft at it and the ball goes through to the keeper, not sure if he got a touch on it, the appeal is loud and confident and umpire Harper had no doubt that there was wood involved. Javed walks back shaking his head.

Snicko confirms that there was no wood involved. Omar mighty unlucky there.

And that's lunch on day three. Just three overs bowled in the Bangladesh second innings and they are already one down, thanks to umpire Harper.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sar2005
May 27, 2007, 01:10 AM
The snickometer doesnt show any sound, Omar unlucky!

Cricbuzz.

ssaadi123
May 27, 2007, 01:12 AM
another bad decision from MF Harper.... just feeling to kill this MF.....

reyme
May 27, 2007, 01:13 AM
I can see one or 2 bad decisions here and there. But these idiots totally and intentionally ruined this series. Nothing but conspiracy here, and BCB must do something if they have any dignity and spine.
No, bad decisions are not part of the game anymore, it has become a permamant crusade against BD. What a shame.

Put these umpires in the electric chair, right now! They are biased and must be punished at any cost. Are they abducted by BCCI or ICC?

reyme
May 27, 2007, 01:14 AM
Somebody slap this harper and his 14 generations.

ssaadi123
May 27, 2007, 01:16 AM
u all guys send an email to bcb from tigercricket....lol

kalpurush
May 27, 2007, 01:30 AM

For you dear!

"And that's lunch on day three. Just two overs bowled in the Bangladesh second innings and they are already one down, thanks to umpire Harper."
© Cricinfo
I have nothing to say...!!!:sick:

russellprb
May 27, 2007, 01:32 AM
It is part of game buddy. Like Dravid wasn't LBW in WC match agaisnt bangladesh. So live with it.

Who told u that? Did you see the match? If you didn't then please see Indian based cricinfo's commentry atleast....
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=446 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>24.1</TD><TD width="100%">Mohammad Rafique to Dravid, OUT, and he strikes with his first ball! He floats that through to Dravid, pitching on middle stump and going straight through, Dravid tries to flick and misses, the ball hits the pad and after a prolonged appeal Aleem Dar raises the finger, Dravid looks unhappy but that was clipping leg stump </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kalpurush
May 27, 2007, 01:33 AM
The snickometer doesnt show any sound, Omar unlucky!

Cricbuzz.

Harper er "chuto bhai" k ketey deya uchit...Sorry...but not feeling shame.:mad:

WarWolf
May 27, 2007, 01:36 AM
What is the procedure of maintaining the ranking of the umpires? The quality of umpiring from these so called ELITE umpires making me sick more and more. Boycott's mom would've been a better umpire.

WarWolf
May 27, 2007, 01:38 AM
Harper er "chuto bahi" k ketey deya uchit...Sorry...but not feeling shame.:mad:

Harper er oita nai.:lol:. SL er supporter ra agei kete niase.

kalpurush
May 27, 2007, 01:39 AM

You are living in fool's paradise!...One wrong decision could change the whole game...don't you know that?..Tel me how many wrong decisions went against India so far?...Pls. do NOT cheat yourself....after all it's just a game!!!:-|

kalpurush
May 27, 2007, 01:44 AM
I can see one or 2 bad decisions here and there. But these idiots totally and intentionally ruined this series. Nothing but conspiracy here, and BCB must do something if they have any dignity and spine.
No, bad decisions are not part of the game anymore, it has become a permamant crusade against BD. What a shame.

Put these umpires in the electric chair, right now! They are biased and must be punished at any cost. Are they abducted by BCCI or ICC?

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Ditto...

james007
May 27, 2007, 02:18 AM
Who told u that? Did you see the match? If you didn't then please see Indian based cricinfo's commentry atleast....
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=446 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>24.1</TD><TD width="100%">Mohammad Rafique to Dravid, OUT, and he strikes with his first ball! He floats that through to Dravid, pitching on middle stump and going straight through, Dravid tries to flick and misses, the ball hits the pad and after a prolonged appeal Aleem Dar raises the finger, Dravid looks unhappy but that was clipping leg stump </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

he has inside edge before that! and yeah i saw the match

Surfer
May 27, 2007, 02:53 AM
For you dear!

"And that's lunch on day three. Just two overs bowled in the Bangladesh second innings and they are already one down, thanks to umpire Harper."
© Cricinfo
I have nothing to say...!!!:sick:

Yup....thats one of those bad unlucky decisions....

jawaherul
May 27, 2007, 03:43 AM
Yup....thats one of those bad unlucky decisions....

how many unlucky wrong decisions can an elite umpire make in a single match ? I mean ... what is the need of umpiring then ? as we play with our mates the most unprofessional street cricket without any umpire ... I think that's not a bad idea then .

just count the numbers in this test series ....

javed 1st test , javed 2nd test , sharif 1st inning not given out , sakib 1st inning of 2nd test , tendulkar not given plumb lbw , kartik clearcut caught behind .... how many more do you want ?

WarWolf
May 27, 2007, 06:44 AM
In the 2nd inning of BD we saw 2 completely wrong decisions and not surprisingly against BD. Started with Javed Omor who was given out as caught behind. But even a blind man would have seen that the ball didn't come anywhere near the bat. 2nd unlucky person was Rafiq. The ball was a full toss one and hit completely out side the off stamp.

In the only inning of India, karthik had a big snick; but surprisingly Harper didn't seem to understand that. Every body was stunned on the field. Sachin eascaped a very close shout from Rafiq for LBW.

In BD's first inning of BD, Saqib was given LBW for a ball which pitched outside the off-stamp and the impact was clearly outside the off-stamp.

We saw similar few bad decisions in first test and all went against BD.

NOW the big question is why these umpires would be called ELITE umpires? Another Joke from ICC?

Sohel
May 27, 2007, 06:52 AM
all part of the game bro... get used to it...:D

Protic
May 27, 2007, 06:52 AM
Too bad..Too bad.

zohra
May 27, 2007, 11:03 AM
Ans: till you kep on playing test cricket, you have to bear with it dude...no need crying over it...

criccric
May 27, 2007, 07:21 PM
Just to give some perspective on whether Harper has been intentionally pulling BD down as part of a conspiracy, here is a ball when Mashrafi was on 2. Those who saw the game can testify that it was hitting middle stump.

34.5 Khan to Mashrafe Mortaza, no run, full and on the stumps, Mashud plays across the line and the ball hits the pad plumb in front of the stumps. Loud confident appeal but umpire Harper is not impressed. What a day he is having!

cricket_pagol
May 27, 2007, 07:46 PM
Just to give some perspective on whether Harper has been intentionally pulling BD down as part of a conspiracy, here is a ball when Mashrafi was on 2. Those who saw the game can testify that it was hitting middle stump.

34.5 Khan to Mashrafe Mortaza, no run, full and on the stumps, Mashud plays across the line and the ball hits the pad plumb in front of the stumps. Loud confident appeal but umpire Harper is not impressed. What a day he is having!

This decision definitely favored Bangladesh. In general, more umpiring mistakes are usually made against us.

But, you have to give credit to the Indian batsmen for making the most of the umpiring error. Tendulkar got one life and he made the most of it. I think our batsmen are incapable of doing that. Even Brian lara got so many bad decision during his playing days, and he was let off on numerous occasions. Lara usually made the most of it. I am pretty sure umpire's did not have a bias against him.

I don't have good example but here goes one ... consider Rajin's dismissal, he just got a life two balls ago but he still went for a risky shot. He could not utilize the second chance. Our batsmen never hang out for log time to make the most of umpiring errors, when an error goes in there favor. I think that since our team offers too many chances... the possibility of umpiring error increases. I am saying that this might be one factor out of many.

catstrophy
May 27, 2007, 11:43 PM
I totally understand what you're saying tanvir.... I too am furious and felt very helpless when those decisions keep going against us. My 2 cents is that we should write to the ICC or the umpire's committee about this and even raise the topic of more decisions being referred to the third umpire. In my opinion, even LBWs and caught behinds should be referred if the umpire has any hint of doubt in his mind. The adjudged first ball caught behind of JO just completely shattered our players (and fans) and I dont blame them, they are morally defeated even before the 2nd ball of the 2nd innings is bowled. This is just sad for the game of cricket and the fans.