PDA

View Full Version : Day two.....second test

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 09:51 AM
What do you think will happen in day two? What will be the strategies of India and BD?

India: will play out the first session. There will be some fast scoring in the second session and we will see India declare at 550/600. I expect the declaration to come a little before tea. They will try to take at least one BD wicket before tea. May be we will see Kumble in action. The aim will be to take at least another three before EOD's play.

BD: They will look to take early wickets tomorrow. They still cant stop India from making a huge score, but fall of wickets will keep the scoring rate in check and will thus delay the declaration there by helping the cause of a draw. Then they will have to put some really gutsy defense on display. Kumble will be firing on all cylinders and he will put the skills of the batsmen to very tough test.

gatekeeper
May 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
Day Two-no motivation left for me to stay up late and follow the game.

amra_korbo_joy
May 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
To come strong in the 2nd day Bangladesh needs determination. For first day's game I was disappointed with bowling quality of Sharief. How he got so many wickets in the national league. I hope he comes better in the 2nd day.

zahid
May 25, 2007, 11:30 AM
To come strong in the 2nd day Bangladesh needs determination. For first day's game I was disappointed with bowling quality of Sharief. How he got so many wickets in the national league. I hope he comes better in the 2nd day.

Go easy on him. He gave away less runs than Rasel. And, remember, he's coming back after 6 years!

Farhad
May 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
Wasnt surfer the one who predicted India to be at 500/0 at the end of Day 1? Looks like youve been a bit overoptimistic my friend. Not by too much though...:lol:

Surfer
May 25, 2007, 11:51 AM
Wasnt surfer the one who predicted India to be at 500/0 at the end of Day 1? Looks like youve been a bit overoptimistic my friend. Not by too much though...:lol:

lol....when I said that I never really expected India to end the day not losing any wickets at all. Given the heat and the humidity, I think the rate of scoring was also good.

Protic
May 25, 2007, 01:46 PM
India will face a collapse.. 380-90/10
Bangladesh will end the day at probably 230-1
Javed Omar - 51
Shahriar Nafees - 121*
Habibul Bashar - 45*

Tahsin Chowdhury
May 25, 2007, 02:21 PM
protic bhai zindabad,,apnar mukkhe modhu poruk,n thnx 4 da complementary 4 bashar.as my previous thread suggest i m favoring Bashar all da wy...

Protic
May 25, 2007, 02:27 PM
Tahsin boss : :] as a BANGLADESHI FAN.. i have MY rights to be optimistic.. im not all the way with bashar though..definately not in ODIs..but about tests and continuing tests as a PLAYER.. i can tell after these 2 innings. Ar bhai India 500/0 korleo ami bolbo " India will be all out before 600 and Bangladesh will score 601 with 3 batsman scoring a ton each "
Dui ekta pagol thaka dorkar..:( Amader CP bhai ektu Realistic hoye gese na..

jawaherul
May 25, 2007, 02:44 PM
I will follow the remainings of the test with much interest .

I want to know how much matured we have become . I know , the management decision , bowling , fielding , ... all was poor today . but , that's a bad day .... probably the worst day in test cricket of bd .

but , now it's time to show some character . they doesn't call it "test" meaninglessly . now , we face the real test of our character . I would love to see bd fighting to make a draw out of this test match . I would await how they approach ... at first tomorrow's bowling ... I think some sort of defensive and damage-minimizing strategy is needed . then I would see their approach to bat in the 1st inning . The one and only target is to avoid follow-on. I f they are able to do that , then we can draw this one , I think . Even if they can't , I would love to see that they at least give a try and bat sensibly .

good luck bd . and bashar , listen to ash , mash or at least masud during the captaincy .... plzzzzz ... don't be innovative in your way , for god's sake .

BonBon
May 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
I want to know how much matured we have become .

No need to follow this test where IN is skinning BD..rather look at the Chittagong test (will take 5 mins).:-D