PDA

View Full Version : Saving face

sensible
May 25, 2007, 10:34 AM
Well, we all agree that the decision to bowl first was a mistake...a huge one. But that chicken has already flew out the window. We're now about to start the 2nd day, which I think would be even harder for us. The backbone of Indian batting is about to come to the middle, even though I suspect Dada will not get a chance to bat in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Dhaka</st1:place>. <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> will probably declare the innings somewhere close to 600.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Now we also know that the pitch has nothing for the bowlers. Do you think our batting can bat for 6 sessions in the 1st innings? That's what it'll take to save this test for us. What is a mystery to me is what type of pitch to make for us to well in a test! If we make a batting pitch, the opposition enjoys one or more great days in the middle and then we go in and fail to bat. End result: we lose he test. If we make a bowling pitch (pace or spin), the opposing bowling has a great day and we lose the test as our bowler, for some mysterious reason fails to take advantage of the conditions. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Do you guys see a way out of this? Please don't say "get rid of Bashar and all our problems will be solved". Please be constructive.<o:p></o:p>

mali007
May 25, 2007, 10:58 AM
First of all we have bat sensibly, we have to bat 5 sessions after India declare. BCB has to declare prize money ( Taka 1 lakh ) for batsman who can bat for 4 sessions. Patience,
patience, patience -------- can save us.

sensible
May 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
First of all we have bat sensibly, we have to bat 5 sessions after India declare. BCB has to declare prize money ( Taka 1 lakh ) for batsman who can bat for 4 sessions. Patience,
patience, patience -------- can save us.

I like this idea of reward for batting 4/5 sessions....may be that's the only way to teach these players to be patient.

Tigers_eye
May 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
sensible has lost his sense. No way we can bat 6 sessions. I'd be glad if we can get to 4th session. My guess is 70 to 100 overs at best. follow on. then 50 overs. Innings defeat.

Farhad
May 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
sensible has lost his sense. No way we can bat 6 sessions. I'd be glad if we can get to 4th session. My guess is 70 to 100 overs at best. follow on. then 50 overs. Innings defeat.

You sure your not SS in disguise? :lol: To be realistic though, anybody who agrees with SS (in this case) is probably right....

wiseshah
May 25, 2007, 11:41 AM
get rid of bashar, [edit]

sadi
May 25, 2007, 11:48 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><O:P></O:P>
What is a mystery to me is what type of pitch to make for us to well in a test! If we make a batting pitch, the opposition enjoys one or more great days in the middle and then we go in and fail to bat. End result: we lose he test. If we make a bowling pitch (pace or spin), the opposing bowling has a great day and we lose the test as our bowler, for some mysterious reason fails to take advantage of the conditions. <O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
Do you guys see a way out of this? Please don't say </O:P>

How about you make a batting pitch and when you do win the toss, actually you decide to bat first on it.

Aritro
May 25, 2007, 11:55 AM
Resign ourselves to the fact that their total will be huge, and instead aim to restrict runs and hopefully regularly break partnerships so that when they declare at tea, they've only got 550.

If this wicket stays flat, we can avoid the follow on.

cricketlvr
May 25, 2007, 12:00 PM
or if we can take 6 wickets for 100 runs...like before...only rajib isn't playing-anyone know if he'll be back?? the team needs him!

syed rasel was expensive...and i fell asleep right after lunch b/c the game wasn't going to anywhere. after seeing the scoreboard---ashraful bowled???? he's a bit on the expensive side too...WE NEED TO TAKE WICKETS and not give away runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beamer
May 25, 2007, 12:17 PM
India will make sure that they bat only once and rightly so. We will spend close to two days on the field in this sauna, then come out to bat facing a mountain of runs. Forget the easy pitch, the pressure of being behind by so many runs is bound to put jitters among the bastmen. Follow on? probably. Innings defeat? likely..

PoorFan
May 25, 2007, 12:21 PM
Do you guys see a way out of this? Please don't say

Yeah I can see, Bashar, Javed, Pilot have to score ton.

amra_korbo_joy
May 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
The first test concludes that Bashar is such a person who afraid to take challenge. His attitidue is affecting fighting sprit of the team. Sooner we leave him is better for the cricket.

BonBon
May 25, 2007, 12:32 PM
The face that is represented by Habla is not worth saving. Lets just start to embrace the facts gentlemen..after all these years..we have learnt to accept defeat gracefully..havent we?:sick:

Protic
May 25, 2007, 01:42 PM
MMMM.. Bashar,Ashraful,Nafees,Javed might score a ton each..

cricman
May 25, 2007, 01:58 PM
Since India will most likely declare at 600, our target would be 401. I think we need to play positive cricket, 1/2 of our top order need to play within there limitations Sakib, Rajin, SN and Javed. The onus will be on Ashraful, Bashar and Mashrafe to take it to the Indian attack score @ 4+ an over.

Pilot and Sharif can bat tailenders and should bat according to the situation. And for Bashar's sake he needs to bat @ 5. I think the pressure will get to Bashar if he bats 1 down. I don't want Ash to come in @ 5 with the score 140/4 or worse needing 280 to save follow on with the tail.