PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Test Cricket

One World
May 26, 2007, 03:02 AM
100 years from now do you still see people spending 5 days to watch such a slow game of cricket? I personally enjoy watching cricket between any two elit nations (i just cant watch BD playing test not cause its not interesting cause it hurts). It never disinterests me to watch cricket. I enjoy test more than ODI's. Insert your opinion about future of test cricket.

Thanks.

Surfer
May 26, 2007, 07:31 AM
Thinking and speculating about the future is good. But 100 years? Thats too much.

We have absolutely no idea how the society would be after 100 years. What they would be playing is a very tough question. Cricket is in its young stage and is bound to go thorough changes in future as it has been in the past. Rules will change as well as style of playing. If you look back a couple of decades and compare the present, you will see how many things have changed.

A question mark was put on the future of test cricket when one day cricket started gaining popularity. Test cricket remained and retained its respect. Test cricket is the root and origin of cricket and is here to stay. But yes, some things will change.

rah
May 28, 2007, 11:39 AM
100 yeras is too much but if u look at the changes in the last two or three decades, well in a century.... WOAH
but one fing for sure the globalization of the game will be wayyyyyyyyy bigger

Bearman
May 28, 2007, 04:34 PM
Test crowds in Australia and England suggest that even in rich countries with a large choice of sports the 5 day game will still be popular. I sure hope so anyway, without Test matches I would lose interest personally, though ODIs can be good.

Without any major disasters there should be more Test teams, though more like 15 or 16 rather than loads and loads.

IanW
May 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
ODIs bore the utter crap out of me ... and are being outflanked by 20/20, which is like one day cricket only more so.

And as to the 'between two elite nations' ... so, whats the other one, that can play Australia ?

Ian Whitchurch

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 06:41 PM
in this age of instant gratification and AADD (acquired attention deficit disorder), test cricket will become more of an acquired taste that demands intellectual focus. the finest things in life often are... then again, smart drugs and implanted microchips can have the last laugh on some of us.

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 06:42 PM
ODIs bore the utter crap out of me ... and are being outflanked by 20/20, which is like one day cricket only more so.

And as to the 'between two elite nations' ... so, whats the other one, that can play Australia ?

Ian Whitchurch

someone here posted the following: -

test = for the classez

ODIs = for the massez

20/20 = for the assez