PDA

View Full Version : Shoaib Akhtar

SideWinder
May 26, 2007, 01:29 PM
Oi playerer jonno ami cricket dekhte bhalobashi. She to onek boro bipode achey koyek bochorer jonno, ekhon taar opore kichuta alap kori.

Prothomotho: Thaar motho exciting cricketer nai, Afridi o Ashraful o Aftab niye

Pak_rox
June 3, 2007, 08:34 AM
can u plz say it in english so i can reply

Pak_rox
June 3, 2007, 08:44 AM
i wud luv to know wht did u say about shoby

rah
June 3, 2007, 10:02 AM

lol
it means,
becayse of him i luv to wotch cricket. he has been in many problems over the years, and now lets talk abit bout him. first of all there are no exiting cricketers like him, ashraful, aftab and afridi

abdulrahee
June 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
eciting player is who
who is regulrly hitting the head lines he is doing it
that is why
love to wach him

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 04:53 PM
LOVING the avatar A.Rahee

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 04:53 PM
Shoaib is a legend...for so many reasons immaterial

Nafi
June 3, 2007, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see he him back on the cricket scene, especially against BD.

abdulrahee
June 4, 2007, 03:07 AM
LOVING the avatar A.Rahee

do you want one for yourself just add me in your msn
i will make it for you this offer is also for bd FANS

abdulraheemsiddiqui@hotmail.com

ellawilson
June 4, 2007, 04:05 AM
It is not clear that why Shoaib Akhatar does not get chance in international cricket match. He is known as a furious bowler in the world. If he does not get the chance , he will be depressed so he must be included in international matches.:hairpull:

<a href ="www.stickiewicket.com">more suggestion</a>

Surfer
June 4, 2007, 08:37 AM
It is not clear that why Shoaib Akhatar does not get chance in international cricket match. He is known as a furious bowler in the world. If he does not get the chance , he will be depressed so he must be included in international matches.:hairpull:

<a href ="www.stickiewicket.com">more suggestion</a>

I dont think there is anything unclear in that. He doent get a chance because he happens to be injured most of the time.

Orion
June 13, 2007, 07:01 PM
and also he takes drugs people. Although his ban has been overturned by a pathetic and low PCB Cricket Board, it should have stayed and now WADA is suing him. Plus he is injured all the time and an ill-mannered prick.

P.Warner
June 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
He is perhaps the most exciting Pakistani cricketer of the last ten years and both sides of spectators wanted to see him play with Pakistan toured England last summer. However, he was injurred.

The drug issue was never proven beyond doubt.

Ganguly da
June 13, 2007, 10:25 PM
The way PCB made a u-turn and excuse both asif and akhtar is shameful. Shoaib akhtar is an exciting cricketer but he brings on too many baggage.

Surfer
June 13, 2007, 11:34 PM
He is perhaps the most exciting Pakistani cricketer of the last ten years and both sides of spectators wanted to see him play with Pakistan toured England last summer. However, he was injurred.

The drug issue was never proven beyond doubt.

Well, the drug issue was proven alright. There was no doubt. No one ever said that the tests were faulty.

And I agree with Gangulyda, the way the duo were let free was shameful.

Padosan
June 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
Lets assume you have a Ferrari, one of the fastest and best race cars in the world
but,
1. It breaks down half way through every race
2. It participates in only every other race or once in three races
3. It doesnt like other team race cars and wants to keep showing off that it is the best car in da world
4. Wants to run on alternate fuels ;) for extra energy, bad influencing a fellow race car too( u guys know what i mean)
5. Wants to drive on itself and doesnt want to go the drivers way(the captain)

Now lets say this ferrari is Akthar .. The most fearful and beautiful thing to look at, but not race fit or match fit.

decide yourself guys, need a ferrari like this or a toyota/honda with consistent performances

ps: I do accept Akthar is a ferrari and can be devastating at full throttle, that is if all the above criterias doesnt interfere

cheers !
Padosan

abdulrahee
June 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
Lets assume you have a Ferrari, one of the fastest and best race cars in the world
but,
3. It doesnt like other team race cars and wants to keep showing off that it is the best car in da world
4. Wants to run on alternate fuels ;) for extra energy, bad influencing a fellow race car too( u guys know what i mean)

Now lets say this ferrari is Akthar .. The most fearful and beautiful thing to look at, but not race fit or match fit.

decide yourself guys, need a ferrari like this or a toyota/honda with consistent performances

ps: I do accept Akthar is a ferrari and can be devastating at full throttle, that is if all the above criterias doesnt interfere

cheers !
Padosan

but when he broke down he have already done a thing which hurts opponent(look at sa vs pak 2nd test)

2. It participates in only every other race or once in three races(but when he participates the fear of him is much to defeat opponent simply match winner)

3. It doesnt like other team race cars and wants to keep showing off that it is the best car in da world(b/c he is the fastest bowler universe have ever seen so he wants to show he deserve this atitiude)

4. Wants to run on alternate fuels ;) for extra energy, bad influencing a fellow race car too(it is very long debate just one thing that in pakistan many things are common such as kushla which is not in the list of wada which cuses drugs in body and havy food also causes it)

5. Wants to drive on itself and doesnt want to go the drivers way(the captain)(it is natural thing that a car who is consestly speeding over 95 and some time over 100 will get exhaust naturlly b/c of power he is putting in and will not go drivers way if he want to use him as a rickshaw(like inzi))

Padosan
June 14, 2007, 10:42 AM
alright your call abdul :), select him for another series and go thro the paces again :) denying another upcoming fast bowler his deserved place. Just my opinion ..

Not our funeral !!!

cheers !

Rabz
June 14, 2007, 10:48 AM
Shoiab the drug cheat??
lost interest in him a long time ago...
may be we should talk about "real" "honest" "hard-working" cricketers...

abdulrahee
June 14, 2007, 10:50 AM
alright your call abdul :), select him for another series and go thro the paces again :) denying another upcoming fast bowler his deserved place. Just my opinion ..

Not our funeral !!!

cheers !

cant able to understand can you say it in easy english

abdulrahee
June 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
Shoiab the drug cheat??
lost interest in him a long time ago...
may be we should talk about "real" "honest" "hard-working" cricketers...

and what about shane you austrailian

Orion
June 14, 2007, 11:02 AM
I am sure Sydney is a Bangladeshi guy so no need to mess with him about Shane Warne. And since you brought him up, Shane took drugs and was banned for a year, so he derserved punishment and he got it...cant say the same about Shoaib.

Padosan
June 14, 2007, 11:21 AM

not sure if you were being sarcastic or really needed to know what i meant ..

eitherways

I meant, if PCB selects him for the next series, he will do all the above said things again and take the space of a deserving younger candidate.

When i said not our funeral, i meant , i am not from pakistan and i care less about his selection.

cheers !

Padosan

Surfer
June 14, 2007, 11:25 PM
but,

cheers !
Padosan

well said

Zunaid
June 14, 2007, 11:30 PM

This reminds me so much of when my daughter was 4. When she did not like what we had to say, she would put her hands over her ears and go na na na na. Or am I talking about the character from the Mad TV skit. Or does it matter? :)

Rabz
June 14, 2007, 11:44 PM
and what about shane you austrailian

Ha ha...Shane Warne took Diuretic, which is primarily an fluid tablet for treating liver conditions or hypertension and excretes fluid from the body.

Shoiab Akhtar took steroid. Need to say more??

Well, lets forget what they took, both were banned, fair and square.
But then what happened?

Shane Warne, one of the greatest cricketere the world has and will ever produce and THE LEADING WICKET TAKER IN TEST AS OF THIS MOMENT, was banned for a year by his own board. He was withdrawn from the Australian team just prior to the WC 2003, but hey, didnt they still win the cup in style??

Shoiab Akhter?? Well, what can i say?? the PCB has been bubble wrapping him since his drug case. He was "left out" from the world cup squd due to "injuries".
But dont we all know the real stories?? PCB did not risk its bowler to be tested again, which ICC did to all participating players, cuz testing positive again would have landed him a severe penalty. PCB also overturned its former decision to ban him.
What a joke. PCB is a joke, Shoiab is a joke. The whole Pakistan cricket team turned to a joke.

That is the difference my friend.

Warne came back with a vengance. He finished his career with 700+ wickets and left with his head held high.

Akhter, who?? i bet in couple of years time, he will only be remembered as a guy who could bowl fast, and guess what, the world has seen a lot of those guys who can bowl fast.

But Warne, he comes once in a life time.

Surfer
June 15, 2007, 01:41 AM
Ha ha...Shane Warne took Diuretic, which is primarily an fluid tablet for treating liver conditions or hypertension and excretes fluid from the body.

Shoiab Akhtar took steroid. Need to say more??

Well, lets forget what they took, both were banned, fair and square.
But then what happened?

Shane Warne, one of the greatest cricketere the world has and will ever produce and THE LEADING WICKET TAKER IN TEST AS OF THIS MOMENT, was banned for a year by his own board. He was withdrawn from the Australian team just prior to the WC 2003, but hey, didnt they still win the cup in style??

Shoiab Akhter?? Well, what can i say?? the PCB has been bubble wrapping him since his drug case. He was "left out" from the world cup squd due to "injuries".
But dont we all know the real stories?? PCB did not risk its bowler to be tested again, which ICC did to all participating players, cuz testing positive again would have landed him a severe penalty. PCB also overturned its former decision to ban him.
What a joke. PCB is a joke, Shoiab is a joke. The whole Pakistan cricket team turned to a joke.

That is the difference my friend.

Warne came back with a vengance. He finished his career with 700+ wickets and left with his head held high.

Akhter, who?? i bet in couple of years time, he will only be remembered as a guy who could bowl fast, and guess what, the world has seen a lot of those guys who can bowl fast.

But Warne, he comes once in a life time.

I agree with you fully. Warne's case is an example of what should be done when a player tests positive. The Australian board showed the right attitude in that. But PCB showed its hypocritical attitude in case of Akhtar setting a very bad example for the future generation and creating doubts in the minds of everyone else about the real reason of Shoaib's success.

abdulrahee
June 15, 2007, 04:59 AM
This reminds me so much of when my daughter was 4. When she did not like what we had to say, she would put her hands over her ears and go na na na na. Or am I talking about the character from the Mad TV skit. Or does it matter? :)

dont under stand every one as your daughter
you are moderator you should not hurt people

just go at this link and read post number 15 and 18 you will under stand all the thing and than you will not have any answer to give i m sure

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=20980&highlight=afro-asia+cup

abdulrahee
June 15, 2007, 05:17 AM
@ above
you can also say like padosan say:
not sure if you were being sarcastic or really needed to know what i meant ..

Sohel
June 15, 2007, 05:27 AM
abdulrahee: bro, i'm sure as cricket fans we'd all like to see shoaib clean, fit, in form and therefore having the opportunity to soften-up and terrorize the opposition with his immense talent and mere presence on the field.

he has to stop continue to be his own biggest enemy, and disappoint cricket fans everywhere, not just in pakistan.

abdulrahee
June 15, 2007, 05:30 AM
bro, i'm sure as cricket fans we'd all like to see shoaib clean, fit, in form and therefore having the opportunity to soften-up and terrorize the opposition with his immense talent and mere presence on the field.

he has to stop continue to be his own biggest enemy, and disappoint cricket fans everywhere, not just pakistan.

well said but cant under stand why you quote my post :confused::confused::confused:

abdulrahee
June 15, 2007, 05:39 AM
june 15
down the years
A World Cup semi-final at Old Trafford, and a firework display from Shoaib Akhtar, who inspired Pakistan to a comfortable nine-wicket victory over New Zealand. His figures of 3 for 55 weren't that spectacular, but the manner of his three wickets certainly were - they all came from searing yorkers. This was cricket at its sexiest. Wisden Cricket Monthly said that "Shoaib was [the tournament's] pin-up: exciting, effective, expensive, exhilarating."
© Cricinfo

Sohel
June 15, 2007, 05:40 AM
well said but cant under stand why you quote my post :confused::confused::confused:

didn't mean to confuse you bro ... editing it out ... just trying to say that sometimes people say mean things when they're disappointed, and the onus is on shoaib.

nfsunited
June 15, 2007, 05:52 AM
ya the way pcb made u-turn is simply shame ful
but for me shoib is an artist and i want to see him as longer as possible and i m sure not only i m but millions of people want same so pcb do this for them:D

shoaib in full flow is really one of the most amazing thing to see for a cricket lover he is really different from others

al Furqaan
June 15, 2007, 10:58 AM

you're pakistani, you should understand bangla

:D

he said "i love to watch cricket because of shoiab akhtar..."

Rabz
June 16, 2007, 12:59 AM
you're pakistani, you should understand bangla

:D

he said "i love to watch cricket because of shoiab akhtar..."

Oh... he doesnt???
I thought most of the Pakis understand Bangla.

Antora
June 16, 2007, 04:49 AM
OMG this might be slightly off topic... but have anyone of u pplz heard shoaib sing??? it was on youtube!!! i must say he has a pretty gud voice lol
and yes he iz dat koolest bowler (after mashrafee)

BangladeshFan
June 18, 2007, 02:48 PM
i dont like akhtar, a street side rufian. i do agree that he is probably the quickest in world cricket (and also a performance enhancing drug taker which basically makes him a cheat......... not to mention he is chucker too) but his attitude sucks.

i watched a video where he was abusing(its not sledge, just plain abuse) irfan pathan of india, saying "gaad mar dia........" which is filthy road side language. this pathan is a soft guy, had he done that with me, i would have smashed the bat at his face. at the least , he(pathan) needed to take it up with the match referee. cricket is a game, not place for filthy mastani.

damalChele
June 18, 2007, 03:13 PM
Akthar should choose a new career path. To me he looks like some Bollywood villain. Very scary indeed. May be he can beat the hero with a cricket bat and stumps on silver screen. The hero, to defend himself, could throw the cricket ball at him. Meanwhile the heroin could play the role of the umpire, while they are fighting or cricketing, shouting "bachawoo! bachawoo!"