PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for Mashrafe..Maybe?

Protic
May 26, 2007, 02:41 PM
Chaminda Vaas, Sri Lanka's most successful fast bowler, has opted out of next month's Afro-Asia tournament. Kangadaran Mathivanan, Sri Lanka Cricket's secretary, said that that Vaas, who is currently involved in county cricket with Middlesex, informed the board that he will be unavailable.

Vaas becomes the second notable absentee from the Asian squad. Shoaib Akhtar, the Pakistan fast bowler, was earlier dropped on fitness grounds having been initially selected.

The series is due to kick-off with a Twenty20 game on June 5 followed by a three-match ODI series between the combined Asian and African continent teams at Bangalore on June 6 and at Chennai on June 9 and 10.

Vaas joined Middlesex to play in the early part of the English season before he returns to Sri Lanka mid-June to play in the home series against Bangladesh

Vaas is out..so we are left with Asif,Malinga and Mashrafe..
Im kinda pretty sure Mashrafe will have to play all the 3 matches..if he doesnt under performs...I guess thats bad for him..eh?
Why cant Mashrafe forfeit? Does he had to play??

DJ Sahastra
May 26, 2007, 02:44 PM
You guys are strange :).

When he is not selected for playing "Amar Mone Hoye, Mashrafe ...".

When he is selected for playing "Amar Mone Hoye, Mashrafe ...".

In your heart you want to see him play and play-well. Outside, you want to talk about exact opposite :).

Goru-E Ghas Khaye :-p

Protic
May 26, 2007, 02:47 PM
Nah man.. I was excited.. but later i realised about his injury factors and playing in that heat..might hurt the cause..and Hey Mashrafe is our ONLY strike bowlers.. we cant replace him.. unlike India.. India has like 100000s of medicore pacers to replace their medicore pacers.
:D

habfreak
May 26, 2007, 02:49 PM

In your heart you want to see him play and play-well. Outside, you want to talk about exact opposite :).

Goru-E Ghas Khaye :-p
lol..we don't know what we want yet...so it changes everyday depending on how the team performs! If they do well..we start comparing them to the Aussies, if not...we start questioning every success we ever had!

Hatebreed
May 26, 2007, 02:51 PM
I have the utmost confidence in his ability to perform well. I am however concerned for his fitness and well-being.

chinaman
May 26, 2007, 04:20 PM

I think this is rather natural than being strange. There is no better palatable way to show just how much we love and care about Koushik. We want our boy to conquor the world but we don't want to see him hurt, we want to see him one complete piece, happy and functional, ready for the next challenge :)

I guess you have to a Bangladeshi to really appreciate this kind of complex love :) But you do understand atleast part of it, don't you? :)

BonBon
May 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
Bhua sentiment..cowardlike..just like Bashar:mad:
I think this is rather natural than being strange. There is no better palatable way to show just how much we love and care about Koushik. We want our boy to conquor the world but we don't want to see him hurt, we want to see him one complete piece, happy and functional, ready for the next challenge :)

I guess you have to a Bangladeshi to really appreciate this kind of complex love :) But you do understand atleast part of it, don't you? :)

bulbul_fan
May 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
it will be tough for mortaza bcoz he have o play in afro asia cup and after that in srilanka tour also!

DJ Sahastra
May 26, 2007, 04:26 PM

Chinaman,

Actually you don't really have to be a Bangladeshi to really appreciate this kind of complex love. I can totally understand what Protic and so many others like him feel. I was only pulling him up in a nice way. :)

Miraz
May 26, 2007, 04:28 PM

To add to your post-

Afro Asia cup is a money making venture.

I don't want to risk our most precious player for a nothing tournament ahead of Sri Lanka series, especially when he is already struggling a bit with his fitness.

His selection is acknowledgment of his ability, but the timing of the Afro-Asia cup is not allowing me to be happy with the news.

DJ Sahastra
May 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
To add to your post-

Afro Asia cup is a money making venture.

I don't want to risk our most precious player for a nothing tournament ahead of Sri Lanka series, especially when he is already struggling a bit with his fitness.

His selection is acknowledgment of his ability, but the timing of the Afro-Asia cup is not allowing me to be happy with the news.

It is also an opportunity to grow in stature.

DJ Sahastra
May 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
Also, i think i like "Amar Mone Hoye ..." :)

Nafi
May 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
Nah man.. I was excited.. but later i realised about his injury factors and playing in that heat..might hurt the cause..and Hey Mashrafe is our ONLY strike bowlers.. we cant replace him.. unlike India.. India has like 100000s of medicore pacers to replace their medicore pacers.
:D

We have shahadat who has proved his much higher than mediocre level.

Tokai
May 26, 2007, 05:01 PM
Mashrafee should have a belated honeymoon at the time of craproasia cup. Last thing we need is get him injured.

Sorry
May 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
Since all the big boys are pulling out of this “charity tournament”, given Masrafee have nothing to prove his stature and quality, BD payers should not be proud of as a back up and substitution alternatives. We don’t have any substitute for Mashrafee and he should be conserved by any means just to play for the national team.
And I agree with Dr naf, we should send sharif there to gain more experience if he is selected

istiak
May 26, 2007, 05:32 PM
very funny thread!!

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 05:33 PM
I have the utmost confidence in his ability to perform well. I am however concerned for his fitness and well-being.

hear, hear...

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
It is also an opportunity to grow in stature.

hmm... growth in stature? or possible career debilitating injury for a FALTU media event?... tough choice!!!

DJ Sahastra
May 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
Sohel,

Dravid had an injury that could've caused him to miss the whole tour. Manoj Tewary got an injury that has put his Cricketing careeer in jeopardy. None of these happened in actual game of cricket.

The point - if you play, you are gonna get injured. Doesn't matter if it just your normal practice, a local game or international game.

For all we know, Mashrafe might be jumping trucks and trains. Now that has more chances of injury - what do you say?

Sohel
May 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
Sohel,

Dravid had an injury that could've caused him to miss the whole tour. Manoj Tewary got an injury that has put his Cricketing careeer in jeopardy. None of these happened in actual game of cricket.

The point - if you play, you are gonna get injured. Doesn't matter if it just your normal practice, a local game or international game.

For all we know, Mashrafe might be jumping trucks and trains. Now that has more chances of injury - what do you say?

mash has had TWO reconstructive surgeries already... then there's the chronic lower back problem... and he's a FAST BOWLER, not a batsman... any bells ringing yet??? :smug:

cricket_king
May 26, 2007, 08:19 PM
I personally dont want any of our players playing for asia. The selectors for the council are corrupt in my opinion. The team is full of under-performers. Our players should just stick to national league or take a break while these tours are on.