PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed at Banglacricket Moderation.

Russell2k7
May 27, 2007, 01:51 PM
The moderators of Banglacricket should look at the match thread of BAN vs IND 2nd test.There were slurs and name calling of the Indian team. These sorts of behavior should not be accepted in the forum. There seems to be too much of teen titans stuff going on.

With all that being said I give Miraz bhai credit as atleast he tried to stop it even though he is not a moderator.

Murad
May 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
they have to ban half of the members for that.. and that includes you.... you also post such comments.. but now you wanna play a good kid..

to stop those things.. those indian members have to respect us.. they cannot come here and bash us.. i know it sounds silly to some of you ppl.. i dont like the presence of some of the indian fans here.. they are irritating.. but some are nice too..

rupantor
May 27, 2007, 02:15 PM
Respecting local customs is a “Must Do” for any visitor anywhere in the world.
Any visitors are welcome to participate in the forum. But one thing you must accept—the core of this website is BANGLADESH cricket and BANGLADESHI cricket fans. This is not an international forum where you post your comments disregarding the national sentiment. You are a minority here. So if you try to make fun of Bangladesh cricket and its fans, be ready for public agitation.

If you feel like any unfair attitude was shown to you, just do what a minority should do. Ask for help from administration by reporting the particular post, but never ever dare to take it on against the locals here.

If you want to celebrate Indian success by making fun of Bangladesh Cricket and its cricket fans, this is NOT the right forum for you. You better of having those kind of celebrations in an Indian fan forum.

Russell2k7
May 27, 2007, 02:16 PM
Did I ever call any international cricket team as animal? Yes, I did have critcized our non performing players. But not to such extreme as calling them animals or making fun of workers in bangladesh. But if you guys want to go at it at the Indians that is fine by me. I was only making a suggestion. And When I criticize our players harshly it is due to their poor cricketing not for any other reason.

Russell2k7
May 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
Murad I will be happy if you can pinpoint a bit where I did such stuff.

AsifTheManRahman
May 27, 2007, 02:26 PM
sheesh. people are so impatient. how do you know the mods weren't going to review the match thread after last night anyways? and the report button is there for a reason.

Kabir
May 27, 2007, 03:27 PM
sheesh. people are so impatient. how do you know the mods weren't going to review the match thread after last night anyways? and the report button is there for a reason.

And for those who don't know which one it is, the report button is this: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/buttons/report.gif

While we're at it, the forum is losing the environment it used to have. I would blame the trolls for this. We need to be a little patient about the trolls and their postings too. But since this is OUR forum, and any non-Bangladeshis are also welcome, non-Bangladeshi members must respect our local culture.

zahid
May 27, 2007, 05:39 PM
Sigh! Trolls.

Mahmood
May 27, 2007, 08:43 PM
We apologize for the inconvinience. As you know we do not have a chief moderator right now, also we are short handed in the moderator team. Currently we are working on reorganizing that team. As soon as we sort everything out, these issues will be addressed.

Untill then, please help the modrators as much as you can, like Miraz did. Of course the best way you can help is report every post that needs moderation.

Nafis_BD
May 27, 2007, 08:47 PM
Mahmood bhaiya who is gonna be our next Chief Moderator??

Mahmood
May 27, 2007, 09:09 PM
Someone who spends a lot of time on the forum and has proved to be a good moderator.

Once we finalize who it will be, the formal announcement will be made.

Nafis_BD
May 27, 2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks....well if it's depending on who spends the most of the time in BC and posts alot then it should be me hahaha J/K...I am sure u guys will find the right person for it good luck!!!

Russell2k7
May 27, 2007, 10:54 PM
I see. Nevermind then. Some good post after the first couple.

Kabir
May 27, 2007, 11:01 PM
Someone who spends a lot of time on the forum and has proved to be a good moderator.

Ustaad...ek khan kotha asilo. Shouldn't the new chief moderator also have a "dhorao pakrao" type of attitude? :D

Just joking. :)

jabbar
May 27, 2007, 11:34 PM
it's amazing how anonymity can liberate even the most cowardly of trolls!

Ahmed_B
May 28, 2007, 07:15 AM
A request to everyone:
Match threads are the longest threads with hundreds of posts and the thread continues over a time of several days. Its practically impossible to monitor every post of such a thread continiually. Whenever Mods are online... they keep an eye on the threads. But incase of them missing out on anything... every participating members should stay alart and hit the report button when there is an objectionable post.

That makes our job lot easier and action is taken immediately on any reported post. And ofcourse... if a bad post is reported immediately and actions are taken, that can help a lot to stop the trolls and improve it as a whole.

We need all your help to maintain a nice environment in the forum.

Thanks
Both as Mod and Myself.

zahid
May 28, 2007, 07:24 AM
As you know we do not have a chief moderator right now, also we are short handed in the moderator team.

Mahmood bhai, amarey Trial hishabey MOD postey rakha jabey ? Bhalo na lagley baad diyen.

Alien
May 28, 2007, 10:07 AM
to stop those things.. those indian members have to respect us.. they cannot come here and bash us.. i know it sounds silly to some of you ppl.. i dont like the presence of some of the indian fans here.. they are irritating.. but some are nice too..

I agree with you there. Lot of Indian fans are polite and considerate but a minority like psj likes to rub salt on the wound. Even though these sort of members dont break board rules, but they write provocative posts which prompts others to start swearing and create havoc.

Ahmed_B
May 28, 2007, 11:48 AM
Its like the Chicken-Egg-Chicken cycle!
Dilemma being ....which one actually comes first? Do we expect them to get polite first and then hold our own nerves? Or do we keep our cool and then expect them not to be overboard? :)

The best we can do is not to degrade our own posting standards and at the same time notify derogatory words from both internal and external members.

Ganguly da
May 29, 2007, 03:08 AM
ps: I remember Sher Khan calling Indian players "bloody animals" in that thread and he has done that many times earlier also.

WarWolf
May 29, 2007, 03:45 AM
ps: I remember Sher Khan calling Indian players "bloody animals" in that thread and he has done that many times earlier also.
Please find and report the specific post. I am sure there will be some appropiate action.

Ganguly da
May 29, 2007, 05:14 AM
Please find and report the specific post. I am sure there will be some appropiate action.

ya i just reported everything i found that he wrote....hopefully Mods will take some strong action.

Shafin
May 31, 2007, 03:00 AM
I propose that there should be temporary mods who will get the power only for match threads,in that way,a lot of the problems can be solved.

BTW, I know a particular mod who has once stolen one of my threads,you know who I am talking about.Please dont make him chief.

Russell2k7
May 31, 2007, 11:33 PM
And Mods are bak in action. Mods are welcomed to close the thread.

Kabir
May 31, 2007, 11:49 PM
ya i just reported everything i found that he wrote....hopefully Mods will take some strong action.

Good. Mods need our help to find all these kinds of posts.

And as for the comment made by a fellow BD fan, I would like to apologize to you, if it makes any difference.

Ganguly da
June 1, 2007, 12:24 AM
Good. Mods need our help to find all these kinds of posts.

And as for the comment made by a fellow BD fan, I would like to apologize to you, if it makes any difference.

thanks bro, don't worry about it....its just that there is always that one person in a group who ruins everyone's image...

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 05:20 AM
If you ask me the mods are way too strict,

apparently its not civil to say 'fool' or 'where the sun dont shine'

Carte Blanche
June 7, 2007, 06:07 AM
It's not the words per se that we have a problem with. It's the condescending, disrespectful tone that is against the board rules. If you haven't already, please take this opportunity to familiarize yourself with the board rules:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_forum_rules

Sections A.1.1 to A.1.4 address this last post of yours. You may also find this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=13310) useful.