PDA

View Full Version : Follow up: Bashar’s Declaration; Do we need two captains?

CricFanBD
May 28, 2007, 12:52 AM
First of all, thank you very much Bashar for your late decision about the giving up of ODI captaincy. I feel glad and happy. Now the question comes in Mind: Bashar thinks about the two captain’s formula in our country like Australia (2/3 years ago). In that time, Australia had Steve Waugh and his batting was top class…so they invented this formula. But in Bangladesh, is it possible? Will it work? See the other Sub continental teams…none has a two captain’s formula. So why do we need that? Why Bashar is so special? Which ability does he have?

My Opinion:

If our youngsters were a little bit consistent...Bashar's dream to play the Test will never come true… not only as a captain…as a player also. He gave us enough...we are grateful for that...but now past is always past...he has no ability to give us anything…except taking the wrong decision after winning the toss, slack fielding, score nothing...overall his body language, his attitude, his walking style, casual talking, smiling without any reason make a lot of negative impact to the BD team. So I don’t want to see the application of two captain’s formula in our country. It will not be good for the new ODI captain, Ashraful…he will never feel confidence if Bashar gets the Test Captaincy.

tiger_omar
May 28, 2007, 04:18 AM
We should definatly have Ashraful captain both the ODI and the Test team. Hopefully his performance won't deteriorate after his captaincy though.

But I think Bashar would be able to perform OK if he loses the pressure of being the team captain for the Test team.

mali007
May 28, 2007, 06:32 AM
Two captain theory will not work for BD cricket. It will bring cnfusion and division among the players !!!! So one captain, whoever.

Luvlee_nik
May 28, 2007, 07:01 AM
OH NO!! it will certainly bring division!!! thatll be the wprst and what if they have a strike?

rah
May 28, 2007, 07:04 AM
Two captain theory will not work for BD cricket. It will bring cnfusion and division among the players !!!! So one captain, whoever.

2 captains will be too much for our cricket at the present moment and the stage we r in our cricket