PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh have a long way to go- cric info

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 10:24 AM
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind/content/current/story/296121.html

Occasional brilliance has failed to mask that Bangladesh have a long way to go before they can consistently challenge bigger teams in Tests, like they have started to in the one-dayers. They looked every bit a side that had last played Test cricket 13 months ago, and to make matters worse, played 38 one-dayers over the same period.

Bigger challenges await both the teams after this series - Bangladesh go to Sri Lanka and India to England. They will both go with a knowledge that they could have done better in this series.

kaisermatin
May 28, 2007, 10:34 AM
Problem with Bangladesh team is their attitude. Some talents are just wasted learning from those old and weak team mates. I would say Rafique is an exception. But Bashar, Nafees, Masuds days should be over. Good thing that Dave Whatmore left. Now he will ruin the Indian team.

CricTiger
May 28, 2007, 12:32 PM
Problem with Bangladesh team is their attitude. Some talents are just wasted learning from those old and weak team mates. I would say Rafique is an exception. But Bashar, Nafees, Masuds days should be over. Good thing that Dave Whatmore left. Now he will ruin the Indian team.

Yes ,Attitude is the problem here.The way they got out,by playing boyish shots sometimes make us blush in overseas while watching these with other sub-continent people.Look at the WI vs Eng Match. Will there be any buzz like BD ? WI were allout in both the innings for less then 150 !!1 We have to earn respect not by winning but by playing good and sensible cricket.Why our players play ODI in Test and Test in ODI ? :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
it's a bit more than attitude guys.

BonBon
May 28, 2007, 02:04 PM
just like energizer batteries..going going and going..ei poth jodi na shesh hoi tobe kemon hoto tumi boloto?..this is journey to the cricket dumpster..

One World
May 28, 2007, 02:08 PM
i dont agree on whatmore's coaching style, whatmore has grown with BD and he might become the most valuable coach in cricketing history after India..

kaisermatin
May 28, 2007, 05:14 PM
i dont agree on whatmore's coaching style, whatmore has grown with BD and he might become the most valuable coach in cricketing history after India..

:lol:India performs bad under foreign coaches. Or, I am just trying to vent my frustration here. I was dreaming that BD will just give it a shot. But they did not even try. Shameless show of immaturity. Whatmore has failed to coach a test cricketing sense in them. That's why I said HE failed as a coach. As BD's original intention was to prove that their test status was not given as a gift.