PDA

View Full Version : Temporary end of speculations: Interim Local Coach to be appointed for SL Tour.

Ahmed_B
May 28, 2007, 11:26 AM
After all these days of speculations... it appears that Bangaldesh is on its way to follow the BCCI method of appointing an interim Local coach for the upcoming SriLankan tour. Private TV Channel-1 news informed today about a meeting held in BCB office about upcoming BD coach and the board admitted that they have not yet been able to finalize the next High profile BD coach yet. Almost all the foreign coaches who have been approached by BCB have either refused the proposal or have asked for more time to decide. BCB admitted that they have no other choice at the moment but to appoint a Local coach on temporary basis for the upcomint Tour next month.

BCB will declare the name of the Interim coach on June 2nd after their final meeting... as mentioned by Mahbub Anam today to the Channel-1 reporter.

WarWolf
May 28, 2007, 11:48 AM
Though it's so frustationg, I think BCB is doing the right thing. It's better to wait a bit to get a good coach. No need to get someone like Trevor Chappel in hurry.

zahid
May 28, 2007, 11:49 AM
Wasn't McInnes finalized?

Btw, wonder who this Local coach will be ....

Miraz
May 28, 2007, 11:55 AM
Not a very good news.

If it's local, he should be Sarwar Imran. No bulbul please.

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 12:00 PM
JOY... maybe bulbul... tell me WHYYYYYYY????? (bronski beat, yuk despite the decent counter tenor)... bummer.

Kabir
May 28, 2007, 12:25 PM
Yes no rush...but the local coach should really be just an INTERIM coach. And I also want Sarwar Imran. Only he can tame these bunch of unleashed chagols in the field.

CricTiger
May 28, 2007, 12:37 PM

No not yet.So far i know BD did not want him as the head coach!

And for local is there any one good out there ? May be Imran or BulBul and Salahuddin will be the fielding coach -Just a speculation .

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 02:31 PM
OMG why didnt BCB just get Mcinnes under contract straightaway. Seriously he is the perfect man, we will be screwed if we dont have him for the series.

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 02:37 PM
No not yet.So far i know BD did not want him as the head coach!

And for local is there any one good out there ? May be Imran or BulBul and Salahuddin will be the fielding coach -Just a speculation .

salahuddin the footballer? i heard he doesnt even want to coach bangladesh football team, why would he be intrested in coaching cricket? one another note [Admin; warning - do not do this again.] ( kafka; admin give reason for the edit, its highly absusive of powers if done without given reason.. undemocratic and not conducive to fostering debate)

hahaha

why should bangladesh do such a think, if a proper coach cant be found its much better to scrap thr tour, bangladesh afterall is not india

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 02:42 PM
Ritchie Mac ALL THE WAY !!!

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 02:43 PM
bangladesh afterall is not india

Yeh we'll see how much next time they meet.

cricket_pagol
May 28, 2007, 02:47 PM
Not a very good news.

I want sarwar Imran too!!! If you look at past performance of coaches, he is the logical choice

Murad
May 28, 2007, 03:06 PM
who is sarwar imran?

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:30 PM
Yeh we'll see how much next time they meet.

yeah dream on .. if bangladesh as been consistent about anything its always losing by innings ..

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:33 PM
I want sarwar Imran too!!! If you look at past performance of coaches, he is the logical choice

not a lot of better choices at the moment.

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
who is sarwar imran?

paikka. good bowling coach. knows the yungunz well. kinda bugz but anyone's better than bulbul at this stage. the dude's not ready for this level, and his defense of HaBa after the WC scared me.

zahid
May 28, 2007, 04:33 PM
yeah dream on .. if bangladesh as been consistent about anything its always losing by innings ..

Another abusive pagol on the verge of being banned.

Miraz
May 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
who is sarwar imran?

Sarwar Imran was for Bangladesh National Team interim coach before Dav Whatmore took the charge. (he also worked as coach before gaining Test staus).

He was a coach of Bangladesh A team and Abahani Limited.

Currently he is the coach of Dhaka Division (for NCL) and pace bowling coach of Bangladesh National Academy.

Murad
May 28, 2007, 05:11 PM
Sarwar Imran was for Bangladesh National Team interim coach before Dav Whatmore took the charge. (he also worked as coach before gaining Test staus).

He was a coach of Bangladesh A team and Abahani Limited.

Currently he is the coach of Dhaka Division (for NCL) and pace bowling coach of Bangladesh National Academy.

Thanks Miraz Bhai for the details.. but one question. is he good? i think bulbul would be better.. not sure

Miraz
May 28, 2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks Miraz Bhai for the details.. but one question. is he good? i think bulbul would be better.. not sure

He is more experienced than any other local coach. Hard working, positive and dedicated person, one of the key man who worked behind the scene to raise standard of game in Bangladesh.

IMO, way ahead of Bulbul.

Miraz
May 28, 2007, 05:21 PM
To add to my previous post, Sarwar Imran also guided Bangladesh in their inaugural Test match against India.

Hatebreed
May 28, 2007, 05:38 PM
I thought they were going to announce the real coaches on June 2?

AsifTheManRahman
May 28, 2007, 05:59 PM
Well if they are not going with Alex de Winter, then Sarwar Imran will be the ideal choice, imo. After all, he has had some experience working as head coach in a test match. However, in the end, it doesn't really make much of a difference (i.e. between hiring him or any other local coach).

BD Tigers
May 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
I think there will be multiple coaches for the Srilanka tour and surely one of them will be Imran bhai. Bulbul might get into the picture as a batting coach. Salahuddin is already there as a fielding coach.

Russell2k7
May 28, 2007, 11:06 PM
Eh what a shame.

jabbar
May 28, 2007, 11:47 PM
Hmmmm... Worrying that BCB haven't been able to secure a permamnent coach yet, I truly hope that Richy Mac is not out of the picture, coz he works with the kids so well, and let;'s face it, the team is composed 80% with kids...

cricket_fanatic
May 29, 2007, 12:20 AM
Yes no rush...but the local coach should really be just an INTERIM coach. And I also want Sarwar Imran. Only he can tame these bunch of unleashed chagols in the field.

"Chagols" remain "Chagols" - tamed or untamed.

TheWatcher
May 29, 2007, 01:03 AM
Shaun Williams has done a fairly good job with the A-team, why don't BCB give him a try ? I mean for the SL tour.

Ahmed_B
June 1, 2007, 02:30 AM
Latest Channel-TV Reports:

BCB is currently thinking about two specific names as Interim coach for SL tour. Either Imran Sarwar or Sean Williams will be given the charge of the team. They will finally announce the name on 2nd of June.

Protic
June 1, 2007, 02:34 AM
Ah THANK GOD...NO NANNU = peace.
Sarwar Imran will do.

Sohel
June 1, 2007, 05:47 AM
Hmmmm... Worrying that BCB haven't been able to secure a permamnent coach yet, I truly hope that Richy Mac is not out of the picture, coz he works with the kids so well, and let;'s face it, the team is composed 80% with kids...

i agree with you 100%. apparently BCB didn't offer Richy Mac enough money, but he's still in the picture from what i hear.

Sohel
June 1, 2007, 05:48 AM
Ah THANK GOD...NO NANNU = peace.
Sarwar Imran will do.

no bulbul either.

Antora
June 1, 2007, 06:15 AM
* banging head on keyborad*

ki? local coach? noooooooooooooo wat happened to mcIness?
dont tell me this series will trun out 2 be a nightmare....
looks lyk i'll just have 2 pray extra hard!!!

Rabz
June 1, 2007, 07:11 AM
Better idea to wait a little bit than to rush..
Would have been great if BCB had finalised the coach factor..but
patience has its virtue i guess.

gatekeeper
June 1, 2007, 07:38 AM

My BCB insider friend tells me they are trying for two coaches. One head coach and McInnes as the assistant coach.

gatekeeper
June 1, 2007, 07:43 AM
Not a very good news.

Can't agree with you on this. Bulbul's the only batsman in our history who proved he could play long innings, test innings. And he's trained as a coach, so if I am to put two and two together, on paper at least, Bulbul will be an ideal batting coach.

I would vote for Sarwar Imran as head coach any day. The only difference I see between him and high profile coaches in the reputation. He's just as capable as most of them.

SS
June 1, 2007, 07:53 AM
Bad timing for all sub continental teams ...four of them looking for coaches...so much demand that coaches are now hot cake.

mali007
June 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
I will recommend Dipu Roy Ch. as an interim coach along with Khaled Mahmud as team
manager.

Go_Bangladesh
June 1, 2007, 01:22 PM
I think bulbul is good as he has played a long test innings, he played in australia amd coaching techniques from playing all over the world, had success with understrength abahani team and got them the title, so bulbul for me

SS
June 1, 2007, 01:48 PM
hmmm temporary end of speculations but temporary beginning of confusion...

pocha
June 1, 2007, 02:00 PM
Where is McInnes, is BCB doing a hush hush or McInnes just did nt accept BCB offer?

I recommend Bulbul as the interim coach as I dont know much about the other fella.

Nafi
June 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
Well Mcinnes clearly wants the job, but BCB just dont want wanna rush things, and would prefer him as assistant coach, because Mcinnes has never been a head coach an A national side.

feisal
June 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
Well Mcinnes clearly wants the job, but BCB just dont want wanna rush things, and would prefer him as assistant coach, because Mcinnes has never been a head coach an A national side.

*** and to add, with due respect, India-pkistan-sri ..no one is after him!

ammark
June 1, 2007, 04:15 PM
*** and to add, with due respect, India-pkistan-sri ..no one is after him!

We shouldnt care. Our reasons for McInness is different. He's tried and tested, and he's who actually Coached most of the current players to be what they are.

Fortuner
June 1, 2007, 04:16 PM
i want chacha...he is d best....as he is our all time motivator....

feisal
June 1, 2007, 05:11 PM
We shouldnt care. Our reasons for McInness is different. He's tried and tested, and he's who actually Coached most of the current players to be what they are.

** of course we should not care (even though, that gives certain signal!) problem is people think only that is just not good enough to take bangladesh in the next stage.. let's see what happens.. personally, I want someone more accomplished and experienced.... RM could be agreat assistant.. and after 3/4 years could take over!

Farhad
June 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
BDnews reports its Shaun Williams. Sanwars his deputy...

Deadzone
June 2, 2007, 11:25 AM
We would lyk to have sarwar imran for the srilanka tour as an interim coach. BCB shud take their tym and get a high profiled coach instead of getting someone lyk Mohsin kamal !

SS
June 2, 2007, 10:59 PM
Can we have little bit of more info about coach Williams?

Farhad
June 2, 2007, 11:05 PM
Can we have little bit of more info about coach Williams?

Heres all the info Cricinfo has on him:

Full name Shaun Geoffrey Williams
Born January 16, 1972, Bendigo, Victoria
Current age 35 years 138 days
Major teams Northern Territory, Victoria Institute of Sport, Victoria Second XI, Victoria Under-17s
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm offbreak

Hasnt got any first class experience...

JamesBond
June 3, 2007, 10:58 AM
After all these days of speculations... it appears that Bangaldesh is on its way to follow the BCCI method of appointing an interim Local coach for the upcoming SriLankan tour. Private TV Channel-1 news informed today about a meeting held in BCB office about upcoming BD coach and the board admitted that they have not yet been able to finalize the next High profile BD coach yet. Almost all the foreign coaches who have been approached by BCB have either refused the proposal or have asked for more time to decide. BCB admitted that they have no other choice at the moment but to appoint a Local coach on temporary basis for the upcomint Tour next month.

BCB will declare the name of the Interim coach on June 2nd after their final meeting... as mentioned by Mahbub Anam today to the Channel-1 reporter.

thanks for the info.. I was so confused to see Shaun Wil as the head coach.. so its just a temporary settlement..

arifur81
June 4, 2007, 03:41 AM
hello guys can any one post the link where i can find the picture and information of Shaun geoffrey Williams, i have tried Google but nothing came up. many thanks in advance.

BANFAN
June 4, 2007, 04:10 AM
I don't think, any of our ex players will be good for the team as a coach. Ravi Shastri and our's are different.

They will have problem with Ash for their defeatist/honourable defeatist attitude. While ash is expected to be much more positive.

A professional local coach might work better.

Antora
June 4, 2007, 05:20 AM
uuuffff ekhono coach niya problem.. when will this head ache end????

Fahim
June 4, 2007, 12:23 PM
http://www.cricketworldcuplatest.com/news/shaun-williams-appointed-as-bangladeshs-new-coach--112854.html

i think thats a good move.:flag:

sandpiper
June 4, 2007, 12:24 PM
who is this guy ? never heard of him

btw, my 500th post !!! yahoooooooo :D

Fahim
June 4, 2007, 12:28 PM
he is the Bangladesh's A team coach.
btw, MashAllah for ur 500th post!

Shafin
June 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
He is appointed interim coach,which is already discussed here