PDA

View Full Version : Indian Press Article:Indian WC Defeat was "just a bad day in the office"

Electrequiem
May 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
India proved superior to Bangladesh in all departments
http://www.newkerala.com/news5.php?action=fullnews&id=33448

Their decisive Test and One-day International (ODI) triumphs over Bangladesh proved India were far superior in all departments and that their WC defeat to them was just one bad day in office. ...

The tour of Bangladesh started with a one-day international series. Although the rains badly affected the series - the third match in Chittagong was washed out completely - India proved a far superior team by winning the first two matches at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium here.
Um ... didn't it take India till the last over to win the first ODI?

The total proved too much for Bangladesh batsmen, and they got out playing indiscreet and, at times, reckless shots. They clearly lacked temperament, such an integral aspect of five-day Test cricket. Bangladesh vice-captain Ashraful was in so much hurry in the second innings that he ended up scoring the all-time fastest Test half-century in terms of time taken (27 minutes).

Farhad
May 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
Wouldnt worry too much about it. Not a great newspaper...

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
here we go again.

billah
May 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
Anandabazar and aajkaal were very nice. Their articles showed sympathy to our situation (victimized by Bashar) and looked hard for the positives. They also admired Ash and Mash.

http://www.anandabazar.com/28khela1.htm

http://www.aajkaal.net/report.php?hidd_report_id=79624

ammark
May 28, 2007, 02:01 PM
Let the Indian media do what they want. They've hardly ever been overly kind to us. And when we had the opportunity to set things right for us, we blew it big time. We dont deserve any sympathy beyond the few positives we've eeked out. And in all likelihood, we didnt eke out anything substantial from this series anyway.

BonBon
May 28, 2007, 02:02 PM
they are all right ..dont you get it after all the humiliation..(prolonged)

One World
May 28, 2007, 02:04 PM
had it not been shahadat in place of sharif and pair of umpires who has the ability to be impartial under pressure while big teams playing younger sides, there was a millions of rupees to run for and no definitely the ODI series could be 1-1 or 0-1...bad day...could follow demotion, suspension, firing....

cricket_dorshok
May 28, 2007, 02:06 PM
Let them (Indian media) do whatever they want. Why do we need to bring every single issue here.

Murad
May 28, 2007, 03:15 PM
those indian dailies are like the ones we have.(for example: Daily Dinkal- always write againsts Mushfique and the selectors for not including Pilot in the squad)

i don't blame anyone.. Most of the indian dailies are craps.. so let them write watever they feel...

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:23 PM
those indian dailies are like the ones we have.(for example: Daily Dinkal- always write againsts Mushfique and the selectors for not including Pilot in the squad)

i don't blame anyone.. Most of the indian dailies are craps.. so let them write watever they feel...

don't get mad bro, get even ON the field.. we will after HaBa and the buira brigade (not rafiq BTW) hit the road with rajin and merab jr. (another golla with slightly better technique)

smashyboy
May 28, 2007, 04:01 PM
This is nuts lol Not even Indians read these magazines

ialbd
May 28, 2007, 04:11 PM
jak arekta article paoa gese...... akromonnnnnnn.....

nobody
May 29, 2007, 04:55 AM
their WC defeat to them was just one bad day in office
So what? For the next 4 yrs India should be considered same level as Bermuda:-p
We shined at the bigger stage. end of story

Sumon77
May 29, 2007, 06:32 AM
after such wins ofcourse they can claim that. we also can claim back when we show it in the field. so have to live with it till then.

SS
May 29, 2007, 09:40 AM
Doesn't take more than one bad day to get fired from the office too!!

criccric
May 29, 2007, 08:59 PM
Doesn't take more than one bad day to get fired from the office too!!

Really?????? I wouldnt want to be in your office. You must be a perfect employee, so would be all your colleagues. And your boss must be having a dream team.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Cryin Out
May 29, 2007, 09:44 PM
On behalf of the more sensible Indian members, a few words.

1. Bangladesh won in the WC because they deserved to and because they were a better team. Finis. No more debates.

2. India won this latest series because it deserved to. Finis. No more debates.

3. This article does not represent my opinion, nor the opinion of decent Indians everywhere.

4. I have seen on this forum Indians being called 'animals' by Bangladeshis. It does not mean that all Bangladeshis are deserving of scorn, just few as is the case with alll communities, everywhere in the world.

5. Similarly there are Indians who are dcki heads (I misspellled that deliberately, mods). It does not mean that all Indians are dcki heads. There are a few, as is the case with alll communities, everywhere in the world.

6. Thank you for your patience in reading this. I hope the BD team does well in the future, although not against my team. :)

7. This is a fine forum and I hope to keep interacting with you in the future.

knightrider357
May 29, 2007, 10:08 PM

well said... kudos to u...

Sami
May 29, 2007, 10:32 PM
6. Thank you for your patience in reading this. I hope the BD team does well in the future, although not against my team. :)

A fine post indeed... however I wish the best team on the given day take home the glory... hope its Bangladesh... but i would never take you credit from the opponent when they clearly deserved the win.

Nafis_BD
May 29, 2007, 10:36 PM
Uggh another one of those newspapers and writters who write and publish this just to get money and try to grab peoples attention(Notice I underlined try because only people who have no general sense of cricket will care to read it....No offense to any one though)!!!

MysoreHuli
May 30, 2007, 12:37 AM
Good article!

kalpurush
May 30, 2007, 12:42 AM
Let the Indian media do what they want. They've hardly ever been overly kind to us. And when we had the opportunity to set things right for us, we blew it big time. We dont deserve any sympathy beyond the few positives we've eeked out. And in all likelihood, we didnt eke out anything substantial from this series anyway.

Did we?!...Or, It was Dav via Bashar?!!.:hairpull:

kalpurush
May 30, 2007, 12:43 AM
Good article!

...which one?!:-/

laki
May 30, 2007, 04:05 AM
... ... ...

Nice sensible post from Mr. Cryin Out. Thumbs up!

Sohel
May 30, 2007, 04:26 AM
it was obviously a better day for us in that office.

Surfer
May 30, 2007, 04:32 AM

1. Bangladesh won in the WC because they deserved to and because they were a better team. Finis. No more debates.

2. India won this latest series because it deserved to. Finis. No more debates.

3. This article does not represent my opinion, nor the opinion of decent Indians everywhere.

4. I have seen on this forum Indians being called 'animals' by Bangladeshis. It does not mean that all Bangladeshis are deserving of scorn, just few as is the case with alll communities, everywhere in the world.

5. Similarly there are Indians who are dcki heads (I misspellled that deliberately, mods). It does not mean that all Indians are dcki heads. There are a few, as is the case with alll communities, everywhere in the world.

7. This is a fine forum and I hope to keep interacting with you in the future.

Well said mate. This is exactly what I intended to say as an Indian.

gatekeeper
May 30, 2007, 07:23 AM
My god, are we this insecure that an article in some obscure newspaper would make just jump thru the hoops?

rah
May 30, 2007, 07:37 AM
here we go again.

yes ma brotha, here we go agian
lol

Kabir
May 30, 2007, 08:16 AM
My god, are we this insecure that an article in some obscure newspaper would make just jump thru the hoops?

Hmmm. I guess a couple of the members are.

Stayed away from this thread until now...but I guess CryingOut just said it in the nicest way.

Man. We Bangladeshis are really insecure. Pathetic.