PDA

View Full Version : 150 million people

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 02:29 PM
150 million people and that maybe an undercount and cant field a decent (yes lets not kid ourself, its good to admit the truth) cricket team? outrageous dont u agree
lets look at the world beaters and their population
srilanka :- 20 million (bangladesh is 7.5 times larger than srilanka pop wise)
australia :- 21 million
england and wales (not united kingdom) :- 53 million (1/3 or bangladesh approx)
west indies :- 5.5 million max ( bangladesh is 23 times bigger)

how can we be so behind after 10 years of playing professionally, even zim with a popluation of 13 million had a better team before they imploded, taking less time, srilanka won the world cup 10 years or so after they got into the icc and was a winning test team by then

what happened?

Zunaid
May 28, 2007, 02:37 PM
Ask yourself this: Of the 150M, how many truly have the opportunity and the time to participate in sports of any nature. The vats majority are busy making their ends meet and the pool that feeds our sports system probably account for less than 5% of the population.

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 02:49 PM
Ask yourself this: Of the 150M, how many truly have the opportunity and the time to participate in sports of any nature. The vats majority are busy making their ends meet and the pool that feeds our sports system probably account for less than 5% of the population.

you bring about a very good point .. but srilanka is also a poor country, where the vast majority is not only busy making their ends meet but also trying to make sure they are alive to see the next day due to the civil war, so how did they do it? that too win the world cup 10 years after given the opportunity to play at the highest level? it has been 7 years already for bangladesh ..and they were already winning test matches before that time?

and whats 5% of 150 million? approx 7.5 million? of that lets say 4 million are boys, heck thats still a way bigger population that westindies (and west indies itself is not that wealthy .. very poor region, where they are also busy trying to make their ends meet)

yes we can make excuses for bangladeshs failure, but we should start to look for ways to fix the problems .. are we that incompetent that we cant do it?

Zunaid
May 28, 2007, 02:51 PM
yes we can make excuses for bangladeshs failure, but we should start to look for ways to fix the problems .. are we that we that we cant do it?

Fire away. BCB will be all ears.

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:02 PM
Fire away. BCB will be all ears.

ahaha then no part of "BCB" i think stands for Bangladesh. where outside suggestions are not only not welcomed but actively discouraged, accountability is just a word used to look cool by the elites ..

ialbd
May 28, 2007, 03:06 PM
if population was the key to success china or usa should have dominated us in cricket by now...

you could have argued abt our physical built, that would have been more rational. People of all the 'tiny' countries you have mentioned are physically superior than us (6'+ in srilanka is no big deal....)

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
(6'+ in srilanka is no big deal....)

What the hell are you talking about, Ive never seen a 6ft sri lankan in my life.

uss01
May 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
Dude Sri Lanka is not a poor country! They're the most developped country in the SAARC region. If it was not for the civil war, they probably would've been developped country by now. I don't think you know what you are talking about .

you bring about a very good point .. but srilanka is also a poor country, where the vast majority is not only busy making their ends meet but also trying to make sure they are alive to see the next day due to the civil war, so how did they do it? that too win the world cup 10 years after given the opportunity to play at the highest level? it has been 7 years already for bangladesh ..and they were already winning test matches before that time?

and whats 5% of 150 million? approx 7.5 million? of that lets say 4 million are boys, heck thats still a way bigger population that westindies (and west indies itself is not that wealthy .. very poor region, where they are also busy trying to make their ends meet)

yes we can make excuses for bangladeshs failure, but we should start to look for ways to fix the problems .. are we that incompetent that we cant do it?

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:14 PM
Dude Sri Lanka is not a poor country! They're the most developped country in the SAARC region. If it was not for the civil war, they probably would've been developped country by now. I don't think you know what you are talking about .

really? have u been to srilanka? i have so trust me when i say its poor .. very very poor?

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:16 PM
What the hell are you talking about, Ive never seen a 6ft sri lankan in my life.

must you always be moronicly abusive? whats wrong with you kiddo? chicks dont look at you? wife left you for another man? whats wrong problem that you are so abusive?
chill out moron

and 2ndly .. in srilank 6 feet is norm? thats very untrue, they are about the same built as us or a bit lower.

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 03:16 PM
Sri lanka produces less Gross Product than Bangladesh. So technically Bangladesh is the richer country. (economy wise)

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:19 PM

zoysa, fernando, maharoof and many more in the pipeline bro. "mountain" lankans from the central part of the country tend to be tall.

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:20 PM
Sri lanka produces less Gross Product than Bangladesh. So technically Bangladesh is the richer country.

smaller population dude. 99% literacy rate. you don't need to dis others to love who you are bro.

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:24 PM
zoysa, fernando, maharoof and many more in the pipeline bro. "mountain" lankans from the central part of the country tend to be tall.

well by that measure, i think syletis ranpuris are taller bunches in bangladesh too .. so whats holding us back?

Sorry
May 28, 2007, 03:25 PM
The problem is hidden in your thread title. 150m is too much for Bangladesh. Beside, providing all basic facilities such as education, health care, food etc., BD government have little money left to provide facilities for 150m (eligible one) people to play cricket. Its not only GDP of a country which defines the progress and detect talent, its also an overall infrastructure of health care, education, social benefits and modernisation that produces proportionally better ratio of talented individual in comparison to those are behind.
Having said that, despite these obstacles, we still produce talented individual in every aspect of life, its just matter of nurturing them. I think recent progress of BD cricket team is a manifestation of my above statement without necessarily being unbiased to example that you listed because there are so many contingency variable to consider.

Zunaid
May 28, 2007, 03:30 PM
Any more name calling and everyone involved will be summarily banned. - As admin.

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:30 PM
well by that measure, i think syletis ranpuris are taller bunches in bangladesh too .. so whats holding us back?

cricket's a process bro, not an event. we'll get there, and get there faster than others suspect at the moment. just wait 'til the buira brigade hits the road, and we have better selectors with RM as our new coach.

lankans have a better cricket infrastructure and an older, more seasoned cricket culture... these two make a HUGE difference in cricket. think of it this way, we're just 8-odd years old at this level, the lankans are a late 20-something dude. you dig?

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 03:33 PM

I meant meeting personally.

We also have tall bowlers, Syed rasel, Abdur Razzak, Sakib al Hassan, Shahadat Hossain, Mashrafee mortaz are all 6ft or above, not sure about Sakib, I think he 5' 11

The reason why many people tend to be short is because of poor diet in Bangladesh. Thats 2nd generation bengalis living in the western world are almost always taller than their parents.

uss01
May 28, 2007, 03:37 PM
Yes, I have. I'm not sure why you say it's very poor. I wen to colombo, kandy and galle. I barely saw any beggers, unlike in BD or India.

really? have u been to srilanka? i have so trust me when i say its poor .. very very poor?

ialbd
May 28, 2007, 03:38 PM

yea perhaps I was generalising it too much, but too bad you havent seen a 6ft tall srilankan... I havent been to Srilanka, but I live in Canada and believe me 6ft is no big deal among srilankans here... maybe they look taller for their heavy built...

catch a srilankan game, apparently you'll see sth new in life......;)

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:39 PM

We also have tall bowlers, Syed rasel, Abdur Razzak, Sakib al Hassan, Shahadat Hossain, Mashrafee mortaz are all 6ft or above, not sure about Sakib, I think he 5' 11

you missed shahzada and shafaq. shafaq's 6'4"

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
The problem is hidden in your thread title. 150m is too much for Bangladesh. Beside, providing all basic facilities such as education, health care, food etc., BD government have little money left to provide facilities for 150m (eligible one) people to play cricket. Its not only GDP of a country which defines the progress and detect talent, its also an overall infrastructure of health care, education, social benefits and modernisation that produces proportionally better ratio of talented individual in comparison to those are behind.
Having said that, despite these obstacles, we still produce talented individual in every aspect of life, its just matter of nurturing them. I think recent progress of BD cricket team is a manifestation of my above statement without necessarily being unbiased to example that you listed because there are so many contingency variable to consider.

yes very valid point, but how can a country as poor as ours fighting a civil war with population the size of dhaka be world beaters? cause srilanks has the same problems as bangladesh infrastructure wise, but not the civil war unless you wish to count the hill tracts problem which bangladesh army uses for practice.

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:40 PM
yea perhaps I was generalising it too much, but too bad you havent seen a 6ft tall srilankan... I havent been to Srilanka, but I live in Canada and believe me 6ft is no big deal among srilankans here... maybe they look taller for their heavy built...

u must be seeing different srilankans than i am seeing .. i tower over all srilankans here well bangladeshis too..

MohammedC
May 28, 2007, 03:41 PM
If we are saying physique is important then we must make it a compulsury atleast for fast bowler's that if they have to qualify for premiere league or national league they have to be at least 6' plus. I know it is too much for asking but if we look at current BD test team Mash and Raj are both 6' plus so I dont think its really impossible

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
this is getting silly. OLPO BIDDA BHOYONKORI, bangla proverb. don't flaunt it bros. i'm outta here.

Nafi

Well maybe thats because the canadian lankans have adopted the protein enriched canadian diet, whilst all you canadian bengalis are still eating dhaal :lol:

Anon Kafka
Yes, I have. I'm not sure why you say it's very poor. I wen to colombo, kandy and galle. I barely saw any beggers, unlike in BD or India.

well when i went there i saw many many beggars in the guise of being a "holy man" there are way too many in colombo and not just them, muslim beggars are at every corner .. i mean seriously its really awful

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:44 PM

The reason why many people tend to be short is because of poor diet in Bangladesh. Thats 2nd generation bengalis living in the western world are almost always taller than their parents.

sakib is 5'11, impossible .. no way ... at best 5' 8 or 9

Farhad
Jeez. Didnt think id have to waste my time on this, but here goes:
1) Bangladesh was a full fledged football playing country until we won the 97 ICC trophy (at the time, we were the best in football in south asia)
2) Sri Lanka started playing cricket way before us. They had their lean years too. They were given test status way back in 82 or so. They only started getting competitive around 92 (thats 10 years), and by "competitive" i mean kinda like we are right now (after 7 years). They won the World cup in 96 (14 years), and even that was considered a pretty big upset....
3) Our Under 19 team was (and maybe still is) among the best in the world. We were definitely a hundred times better than the Sri Lankan under 19s, and our future, as many people much more knowledgable in these matters than you have pointed, is sky bright.......

Nafi
If we are saying physique is important then we must make it a compulsury atleast for fast bowler's that if they have to qualify for premiere league or national league they have to be at least 6' plus. I know it is too much for asking but if we look at current BD test team Mash and Raj are both 6' plus so I dont think its really impossible

Exactly its a stupid concept, Malinga and Vaas are probably 5' 8 and they are top world-class bowlers.

Miraz
May 28, 2007, 03:46 PM
If population is a criteria to succeed in any type of sports.

India would have won world cup football couple of times by now.

Enough said.

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 03:50 PM
sakib is 5'11, impossible .. no way ... at best 5' 8 or 9

Sakib is 5ft 11, Ive met him in real life (along with the rest of BD team), he may not look as tall as he really is, thats because he always walking hunched up

compare to 6ft 2 mortaza, and in this pic his head is down

http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic693.jpg

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:50 PM
Jeez. Didnt think id have to waste my time on this, but here goes:
1) Bangladesh was a full fledged football playing country until we won the 97 ICC trophy (at the time, we were the best in football in south asia)
2) Sri Lanka started playing cricket way before us. They had their lean years too. They were given test status way back in 82 or so. They only started getting competitive around 92 (thats 10 years), and by "competitive" i mean kinda like we are right now (after 7 years). They won the World cup in 96 (14 years), and even that was considered a pretty big upset....
3) Our Under 19 team was (and maybe still is) among the best in the world. We were definitely a hundred times better than the Sri Lankan under 19s, and our future, as many people much more knowledgable in these matters than you have pointed, is sky bright.......

bangladesh under 19s are so good like 100 times better ..they lost to srilanka a few days ago in bangladesh .. 2ndly .. when do u predict we will stop losing by innings? cause srilanks did so long before they won the world cup

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:51 PM
Sakib is 5ft 11, Ive seen him in real life, he may not look as tall as he really is, thats because he always walking hunched up

compare to 6ft 2 mortaza

http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic693.jpg
by that picture itself if mortaza is 6'2 sakib cant be anywhere in the zone of being 5'11

which begs the question midgety are you?

ialbd
May 28, 2007, 03:52 PM
I take back what I've said abt srilankans being 6 feeters (I guess my two giant SL friend in my white Canadian town left me with a wrong impression abt SL).... I guess I'll learn more, now I am here in the sub-continent... thukku...toronto....

naf, man you reminded me of daal.... its been such a long time...
anon, sorry for digressing.....

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 03:53 PM
by that picture itself if mortaza is 6'2 sakib cant be anywhere in the zone of being 5'11

which begs the question midgety are you?

No I just turned 16 and 5ft 9.

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:54 PM
If population is a criteria to succeed in any type of sports.

India would have won world cup football couple of times by now.

Enough said.

well atleast they qualified once and refused to play cause they werent allowed to play with their bare feet ..

2ndly india other than westbengal and eastern states .. is all cricket centric they hardly play football much ..even then while football was bangladesh national pastime india was beating banglesh often and almost always .. and now that they have started organizing themselves in football ..and its only a matter of time before they do ..

Bengaliprince176
May 28, 2007, 03:55 PM
im sorry but this is a ridicoulous thread reminding me of Hitler's "Perfect Race" agenda. There is nothing about race genetics or anything, the fact is simple, Bangladesh are still in football mode and nearly on the way to FULL cricket mode. And quite simply with no disrespect meant to anyone, Bangladesh is one of the poorest countries in the world, they have a much smaller pool to pick from in terms of proffesionals. Sl despite the civil war is much richer.

BTW, the same question has to be asked to us 1 billion indians, why we havent produced a decent fast bowler since Srinath who has the stamina to last more than 1 season, although the love for cricket is huge, popularity alone wont turn a country into a great team. U need infastructure and money and a pool of players with money and the right training. Lets not forget BCCI is the most corrupt board in the world. A good example is Australia, there are a huge number of immigrants in Aus, a lot of Eastern Europeans and Arabs, who have no interst in cricket. Its played by a small amount of white Australians. Yet financially and structurally they are superior to most teams, simply because of this. So please cut out this rubbish about SL having better physical bodies for cricket than Bangladeshis

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 03:58 PM
No Im 16 years old and 5ft 9.

yeah sure bangla count 5'9 dream on ..bangladeshis are known to increase their height by 2 inches always ..and thats not including shoes ..... i have many claims of ppl being 5'10, 6 feet tall ..etc .. but when i stand next to them i tower then .. and i am only 186 cm (last physical and dont think will be growing anymore since i an 27).

2ndly
if u were 5'9 u wouldnt have said that sakib is 5'11 ..

SideWinder
May 28, 2007, 04:01 PM
150 million: 20 million actually get a chance (city folks)...1000 gram polapain (village idiots). The rest are hopeless. Some system hah?

cricket_pagol
May 28, 2007, 04:02 PM
well when i went there i saw many many beggars in the guise of being a "holy man" there are way too many in colombo and not just them, muslim beggars are at every corner .. i mean seriously its really awful

Here is some data for gross national income per capita (2005)
Srilanka - $1160
India - $720
Bangladesh - $470

I don't think we are in a position to go around and call other nations poor!

If you compare the 2004 stats with 2005 stats, bangladesh's progress is much slower than India and Srilanka.

Source: http://www.finfacts.com/biz10/globalworldincomepercapita.htm

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 04:02 PM
yeah sure bangla count 5'9 dream on ..bangladeshis are known to increase their height by 2 inches always ..and thats not including shoes ..... i have many claims of ppl being 5'10, 6 feet tall ..etc .. but when i stand next to them i tower then .. and i am only 186 cm (last physical and dont think will be growing anymore since i an 27).

2ndly
if u were 5'9 u wouldnt have said that sakib is 5'11 ..

:lol: well whatever man, cos last time I was measured by my doctor without my shoes I was measure 175cm, and I think thats about 5' 9, but Im not an expert of converting cm into feet, so maybe you can help me :lol:

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 04:03 PM
im sorry but this is a ridicoulous thread reminding me of Hitler's "Perfect Race" agenda. There is nothing about race genetics or anything, the fact is simple, Bangladesh are still in football mode and nearly on the way to FULL cricket mode. And quite simply with no disrespect meant to anyone, Bangladesh is one of the poorest countries in the world, they have a much smaller pool to pick from in terms of proffesionals. Sl despite the civil war is much richer.

BTW, the same question has to be asked to us 1 billion indians, why we havent produced a decent fast bowler since Srinath who has the stamina to last more than 1 season, although the love for cricket is huge, popularity alone wont turn a country into a great team. U need infastructure and money and a pool of players with money and the right training. Lets not forget BCCI is the most corrupt board in the world. A good example is Australia, there are a huge number of immigrants in Aus, a lot of Eastern Europeans and Arabs, who have no interst in cricket. Its played by a small amount of white Australians. Yet financially and structurally they are superior to most teams, simply because of this. So please cut out this rubbish about SL having better physical bodies for cricket than Bangladeshis

let me get try and understand .. you are saying srilankans arent as poor as bangladesh? u kidding me aint you? you want a laugh? u really want someone to laugh at you aint you? as for the hitler connection that you brought forth, it was uncalled for and truly unnecessary .. filled with no disrespect stupidity ... since there aint much of that here ..

2ndly india didnt produce fast bowlers because for a time spin was in rage and every kid tried out spin in school.. its easier to bowl physically and needs at the begining lot less training ..

Sorry
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px; BORDER-LEFT: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px">Originally Posted by Sorry
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
yes very valid point, but how can a country as poor as ours fighting a civil war with population the size of dhaka be world beaters? cause srilanks has the same problems as bangladesh infrastructure wise, but not the civil war unless you wish to count the hill tracts problem which bangladesh army uses for practice.

Country like Ethiopia, Sudan produces marathon world winners, but that doesn’t stamp their superiority in general. It highlights that talents are born regardless of race and nationality; and the one rules, is the one who utilises them. It’s not a rocket science.

Anon Kafka
:lol: well whatever man, cos last time I was measured by my doctor without my shoes I was measure 175cm, and I think thats about 5' 9, but Im not an expert of converting cm into feet, so maybe you can help me :lol:

dream on kiddo .. post a full height pic .. next to a door ..

will see how tall u are then .. kiddo

Bengaliprince176
May 28, 2007, 04:09 PM
let me get try and understand .. you are saying srilankans arent as poor as bangladesh? u kidding me aint you? you want a laugh? u really want someone to laugh at you aint you? as for the hitler connection that you brought forth, it was uncalled for and truly unnecessary .. filled with no disrespect stupidity ... since there aint much of that here ..

2ndly india didnt produce fast bowlers because for a time spin was in rage and every kid tried out spin in school.. its easier to bowl physically and needs at the begining lot less training ..

First off all Anon, the hitler comment wasnt direted at u, it was simply directed at the person who mentioned that Bangladeshis have less sporting physique therefore they are not as good as SL at cricket, which is complete rubbish! i didnt mean any disrespect to anyone, my apologies if i did.

Secondly, trust me Bangladesh is poorer go search on any database website, the facts are there, if u dont belive me thats fine,

Thirdly, yes more ppl in india are interested in spin but that doesnt explain the reason why india has produced bolwers in the 70s-80s mph and who keep fallin apart in fitness and form.

Lastly, Naf is right 5ft9 is an average height for anyone, i dont see how that is impossible for a Bangladeshi. As a west bengali, who are meant to b similar in height to bangladeshis, im 5ft10 and i have stopped growing, so i do not think Naf is lying

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 04:11 PM
dream on kiddo .. post a full height pic .. next to a door ..

will see how tall u are then .. kiddo

Oh you got me, Im a dwarf :lol: I am actually 3ft tall, its a wonder I can even bowl at 80mph with such a small stature :lol:

Thirdly, yes more ppl in india are interested in spin but that doesnt explain the reason why india has produced bolwers in the 70s-80s mph and who keep fallin apart in fitness and form.

I think it has to do with diet, Indian diet lacks protein, which builds stregnth and you need strength to produce pace in bowling. Though I think this trend is breaking through, as Indian pace bowlers are becoming faster by the the year.

SideWinder
May 28, 2007, 04:14 PM
Srilanka - $1160
India - $720
Bangladesh - $470

If you compare the 2004 stats with 2005 stats, bangladesh's progress is much slower than India and Srilanka.

We were held back since 71 you know. Post the economic growth; we are second to only India i think.

SideWinder
May 28, 2007, 04:15 PM
Oh you got me, Im a dwarf :lol: I am actually 3ft tall, its a wonder I can even bowl at 80mph with such a small stature :lol:

I think it has to do with diet, Indian diet lacks protein, which builds stregnth and you need strength to produce pace in bowling. Though I think this trend is breaking through, as Indian pace bowlers are becoming faster by the the year.

Tumi ki shotti shotti theen foot...???:( ;)

ialbd
May 28, 2007, 04:18 PM
haha.... this thread has become very entertaining (I knew I was making off-topic remarks before)....

anyways, shobai shobar height, weight, shoulder eigula janaben.......

Bengaliprince176
May 28, 2007, 04:19 PM

Perhaps u are right, a lot of indians are vegetarians, though not me i love my chicken and fish too much, due to religion which may be due the strength and the concnetration of spin and batting, but i still believe the main problem is the structure and money that goes INTO DEVELOPMENT. the trend is breaking, as India is gettin richer and more developed probably,

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 04:24 PM
Perhaps u are right, a lot of indians are vegetarians, though not me i love my chicken and fish too much, ,

Yeh its rare to find a meat-eating sikh/hindu in India, but its very rare to find a vegetarian sikh/hindu in the UK :lol:

Bengaliprince176
May 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yeh its rare to find a meat-eating sikh/hindu in India, but its very rare to find a vegetarian sikh/hindu in the UK :lol:

LOL, trust me, u r right about sikhs, but when it comes to Gujjus and Marwaris, well the 2 i know, they are strict vegies. certain parts of india are stricter when it comes to vegetarianism. The case is with high caste brahmins, who are meant to b vegetarian, the one anomaly is West Bengal, i think the love of fish has corrupted them,

"We will become vegetarians"
"But you eat fish"
"Fish are animals?!?!?!?"

zahid
May 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
What on earth is this thread about .... that I fail to understand !

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 04:33 PM
"We will become vegetarians"
"But you eat fish"
"Fish are animals?!?!?!?"

:floor:

Yeh but I love when the sikhs have festivals, they have parades on the roads and give free food to people, even those in cars! Oh how I loved those aloo somasa, pakura, and chips. :-p

Sorry
May 28, 2007, 04:36 PM
thread is a good topic, probably purpose is not.
we need to consider the state of Dr. Z's health in the absence of chinaman.

Bengaliprince176
May 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
:floor:

Yeh but I love when the sikhs have festivals, they have parades on the roads and give free food to people, even those in cars! Oh how I loved those aloo somasa, pakura, and chips. :-p

WHAT??? where u live? i want free food..... especially pakoras

Bearman
May 28, 2007, 04:52 PM
bengalipri got it right, it is all about sporting culture and structure.

Obviously you need a certain amount of players to have a talent pool in a country, say 100,000 (New Zealand can't have many more) after that it is simply a question of what you do with it. Most importantly you need a very competitive first class competition AND a strong system of club cricket below that. Australia is the only country at the moment to get both right.

Nafi
May 28, 2007, 04:52 PM
WHAT??? where u live? i want free food..... especially pakoras

I live in windsor, but the festival was in Slough

cricman
May 28, 2007, 04:55 PM
The thread was meant to provoke people and yes the thread creator did indeed succeed and even managed to get a conversation about height.

cricket_king
May 28, 2007, 05:56 PM

RASEL'S 6ft?! :wow:
Are you kidding dude? :timeout:

catstrophy
May 28, 2007, 06:20 PM
nice...gram polapains are village idiots huh?? I question your knowledge....about anything...

Sohel
May 28, 2007, 06:35 PM
150 million: 20 million actually get a chance (city folks)...1000 gram polapain (village idiots). The rest are hopeless. Some system hah?

FYI: mashrafee, gramer chhele. there's no need to flaunt those issues doc. not interested in self loathing around here.

kaisermatin
May 28, 2007, 07:36 PM
Sri Lankans are 98% literate. That might be the answer to everything. Give our people the chance to educate themselves. They will break up the chains of 31 years of betrayal by our political leaders. What did they promise? Sonar Bangla! For them it is indeed; in their investments in some foreign land. Sorry for the venting.

Farhad
May 28, 2007, 07:38 PM
bangladesh under 19s are so good like 100 times better ..they lost to srilanka a few days ago in bangladesh .. 2ndly .. when do u predict we will stop losing by innings? cause srilanks did so long before they won the world cup

What the hell are you talking about??? Please get your facts straight...Our Under 19 team hasnt played in ages. I understand if youre new to the sport as youve pointed out before, but then do not act like you know what youre talking about. Secondly, the Sri Lankan team wasnt great in tests even after they won the World Cup...Youre doing a great job pissing people off man...I can predict you being banned in a week.

habfreak
May 28, 2007, 08:24 PM

[edited]

jabbar
May 28, 2007, 08:33 PM
Seriously, drop the inferiority complex and look at the facts. Bangladesh has many inherent hurdles to success. We are a new nation that has only just become truly independent for 30 odd years. We are one of the most poorest nations per capita (forget about "gross product" - the majority of Bangladeshis live in poverty). Plus, we are not accustomed to sporting success and organised sporting administration. We are rectifying this, and I feel that the BCB are doing relatively good. Their collaboration with cricket australia will give them a huge boost. The results are only just beginning to show now.

Besides these points, we mustn't forget that Bangladesh has many problems, poverty and corruption being the two biggest ones. Cricketing success in Bangladesh is more than mere results on the field. Just to have a team that goes out there and competes alongside the best with honour and hard work is the most important thing. The players should be like beacons for the nation's people; role models that lift everyone's spirits and inspires them to achieve. When our role models like the Bangaldesh cricket team, and other people like Mohammad Yunus for example, achieve great things, the 150 million population will then start believing in themselves and you'll see that we will start achieving so much more on the world stage. It's like a flow-on effect.

Every nation is different. We can't compare ourselves to Sri Lanka or India because our story is different, and we have a different set of challenges before us. So as long as we finally get there, that is the main point. Who knows, Bangladesh might one day become the No. 1 ranked team and start dominating like Australia. You never know. Until then, we must be patient and show perseverance.

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 09:14 PM
Srilanka - $1160
India - $720
Bangladesh - $470

wow so impressive $1160 wow what a rich country wow .. i am truly god smack smitten (btw figures are wrong) wow .. can i go to that country .. like i dont make double that a week .. must have the streets paved in gold ..

Anon Kafka
May 28, 2007, 09:16 PM
We were held back since 71 you know. Post the economic growth; we are second to only India i think.
we are behind srilanka, pakistan, not just india ..

Farhad
May 28, 2007, 10:33 PM
we are behind srilanka, pakistan, not just india ..

Funny how you keep saying "we" after calling yourself canadian (and not bangladeshi) quite a few times now. All i can say is you are one confused lad regardless of your nationality. Go do some research...

Boy, even racist non-bangladeshis piss me off less than you...

Haradhon
May 28, 2007, 10:49 PM
150 million people ...
west indies :- 5.5 million max ( bangladesh is 23 times bigger)
what happened?
A large population does not produce good cricketers, but a good cricketing culture. Cricket has become the most popular sports just a couple of years ago. I have seen a lot of "mullahs" wearing "tupi" and some masdrasa students as well as cricket fans in the 2nd test at Mirpur. This means we are deevloping a cricketing culture. I am confident our journey to the top will not be as long as SriLanka's (1983-1996). To ask for the same result as SriLanka's you have to give us until 2012. Let see what happens in 2011 WC. Then again, in 1996 SL was not one of the top test teams.

bd_fan_from_india
May 29, 2007, 08:23 AM
sl were competive enough right from 1982 when they got test status. they used to win odis against the other teams regularly even in the 80s

rah
May 29, 2007, 08:33 AM
if population was the key to success china or usa should have dominated us in cricket by now...

you could have argued abt our physical built, that would have been more rational. People of all the 'tiny' countries you have mentioned are physically superior than us (6'+ in srilanka is no big deal....)

da difference from us and da usa. how many people will actually go play sport if they dont even have enough money or food to make. plus our people aint realli physically strong

Sorry
May 29, 2007, 08:50 AM
yes rah, we are phsically strong enough to play danguly and kabadi and one of the best. But the rest of the world don't recgnize those games because they can not compete with us, instead they play baseball and rugby to show the muscles.

psj
May 29, 2007, 09:18 AM
What wrong with all of you ,fighting over Economy and height...We are all developing countries.
The reason we dont find good cricketers in spite of huge pool of ppl is only due to politics..Politics of money,region,religion....
BCCI for example are run by ppl who would have never picked up a ball in their life.
The Indian Hockey federation is run by a man as a reward for his handling terrorism in Punjab.
The IOC and the sports ministry are always at spat over budget...
We South Asian's are cursed to live with such ppl managing affairs.Corrupt and sick ppl.

Anon Kafka
May 29, 2007, 01:07 PM
What wrong with all of you ,fighting over Economy and height...We are all developing countries.
The reason we dont find good cricketers in spite of huge pool of ppl is only due to politics..Politics of money,region,religion....
BCCI for example are run by ppl who would have never picked up a ball in their life.
The Indian Hockey federation is run by a man as a reward for his handling terrorism in Punjab.
The IOC and the sports ministry are always at spat over budget...
We South Asian's are cursed to live with such ppl managing affairs.Corrupt and sick ppl.
bingo .. finally some sensible answer .. finally something that actually comes close to addressing the problem ..

SideWinder
May 29, 2007, 01:13 PM
[]..

Allahu Akbar. La ilaha illallahu inni kuntum minazwalimeen.

Have you heard the concept 'sarcasm' before. Re-read the post.

POLAPAIN -> IDIOT.
(K - I - D - S , I - D - I - O - T -S ) ...you get it??:waiting:

habfreak
May 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
Allahu Akbar. La ilaha illallahu inni kuntum minazwalimeen.

Have you heard the concept 'sarcasm' before. Re-read the post.

POLAPAIN -> IDIOT.
(K - I - D - S , I - D - I - O - T -S ) ...you get it??:waiting:
lol...no I still don't get it...but anyways...NEXT!

SideWinder
May 29, 2007, 04:43 PM
lol...no I still don't get it...but anyways...NEXT!

Can you imagine Mushfiq in a park with alot of girls (i.e. idiot, adda) or Mushiq (as in our Wktkeeper) doing a phd?
First one I presume...idiot...(polapain)

rah
May 30, 2007, 07:46 AM
RASEL'S 6ft?! :wow:
Are you kidding dude? :timeout:

yallah rasel 6 ft, if he is 6ft den masri is 7ft and im 4ft... jwkin but rasel cant be 6ft

rah
May 30, 2007, 07:47 AM
yes rah, we are phsically strong enough to play danguly and kabadi and one of the best. But the rest of the world don't recgnize those games because they can not compete with us, instead they play baseball and rugby to show the muscles.

lol i jus thought of dat now after your thread. we will be great at rugby

SS
May 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
Please refrain from using rude languages.

Ehsan
May 30, 2007, 09:08 AM
This name calling has to stop. Just a reminder we are in a civilized world.

A.1: Maintaining a civil and courteous forum
A.1.2: Please be courteous and respectul to the opposing / differing opinion and never attack a poster. Articulate your own opinion with sound reasoning.
A.1.3: Refrain from rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
A.1.4: Avoid posting about your personal hatred toward any country, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion and gender.

Ehsan
- Mod