PDA

View Full Version : Academy coach Alister De Winter resigns

Miraz
May 29, 2007, 11:38 AM
From BDNews (http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=9755&cid=5#tp9755)

Allister de Winter, head coach of the National Cricket Academy of Bangladesh, has recently quit his job before expiry of his contract citing personal grounds.

Not a good news at all. He was doing fine.

I hope it's nothing unprofessional from BCB's end and it's a personal reason from De Winter.

Farhad
May 29, 2007, 11:47 AM
Wonder why...He seemed to be a good coach

Hatebreed
May 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
This is shocking. Why would he resign? He seemed to do so well with the academy. I can't help but think BCB has something to do with it.

Fazal
May 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
Oh... no not again.... looks like bad news comes in bunches ...

In my mind loosing Allister de Winter is 10 times more BAD news than loosing Dav as our national team. It's not trying to diminishing Dav's contribute to our national team, but rather acknowledging Allister's contribution developing the talent level for our future national team.

To me Allister's contribution was always kind of under-apreciated or somehow ignored by media and fans due to one reason or another.

This time I am really worried.

SS
May 29, 2007, 11:54 AM
Now another blow and this time to our future cricketing academy. I hope we don't go back two steps backward rather than moving forward. We really need academy team's progress to replace or have back ups for the future.

WarWolf
May 29, 2007, 11:55 AM
That's a very bad news. Alister was doing a fine job. I hope BCB didn't do anything wrong to force him doing it. I think this decision may have a linkage with Dav's quit from BD cricket.

Aritro
May 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
This could be a huge loss, he's an excellent coach.

I really hope his replacement is of the same quality. The academy is our ticket to the top.

arifur81
May 29, 2007, 12:14 PM
From BDNews (http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=9755&cid=5#tp9755)

Not a good news at all. He was doing fine.

I hope it's nothing unprofessional from BCB's end and it's a personal reason from De Winter.

Miraz Bahi akon ki hoibo, atodin chilam ek chintai akon to chinta doigun hoiya gelo,Miraz Bahi really worried please keep us up to date with the news.:o

Carte Blanche
May 29, 2007, 12:23 PM
Considering how sudden this news is, I can't help but wonder what BCB's role has been in this. If there is indeed something fishy behind this, it will set a bad precedent for the coaches to come. On a better note, it adds another character to the coach hunt drama. Hmm

rupantor
May 29, 2007, 12:29 PM
Was it intentionally done by BCB to make room for McInnes?

Fazal
May 29, 2007, 12:37 PM
Was it intentionally done by BCB to make room for McInnes?

No. Dav already opened the room for McInnes. Allister de Winter opened a new hole of his own, seperate from the hole creaed by Dav. McInnes is not intereted in head coach of the National Cricket Academy.

chinaman
May 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
We'd probably never know the reason. Whatever it might be, the situation should present itself as an opportunity for a sweet start of a new era for Bangladesh cricket.

BCB's activities including election, selection and the likes so far managed to escape public scrutiny in the lights of periodic and somehow more consistent success of the national team. While many sectors face transformations, the supreme executive body managing cricket remains untouched with its apparent lack of transperancy and accountability. We don't even know the name of that body, whether it is BCB or BCCB and their media releases read both!

Current coaching and captaincy voids should present perfect opportunity to make Bangladesh bigger and better cricketing nation. We should grab it with both hands, make the necessary transformation and transition and look forward to brighter future.

Sauron
May 29, 2007, 12:57 PM
In my mind loosing Allister de Winter is 10 times more BAD news than loosing Dav as our national team.

To me Allister's contribution was always kind of under-apreciated or somehow ignored by media and fans due to one reason or another.

This time I am really worried.

Right on the money on both counts.

This is not good.

Mahir
May 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
de Winter's resignation came out of the blue! As chinaman mentioned, we may never know the real reason behind this sudden development, but only hope for a equally qualified successor to McInnes and de Winter to take over the Academy.

Umar
May 29, 2007, 03:40 PM
i think he wanted to be the NATIONAL COACH of BD. But I think BCB never showed any interest to him although he is doing such an excellent job for BD future team. And I also think De Winter is not very different from McInnes. However bcb and we all want McInnes but no one wants Winter ! this might have hurt him !

ammark
May 29, 2007, 04:10 PM
i think he wanted to be the NATIONAL COACH of BD. But I think BCB never showed any interest to him although he is doing such an excellent job for BD future team. And I also think De Winter is not very different from McInnes. However bcb and we all want McInnes but no one wants Winter ! this might have hurt him !

...Source? Or just conjecture...

Miraz
May 29, 2007, 04:26 PM
Here's the full report from BDNews
Allister de Winter, head coach of the National Cricket Academy of Bangladesh, has recently quit his job before expiry of his contract citing personal grounds.

The Australian coach, whose contract was to expire after the ICC Under-19 World Cup in 2008, severed ties with the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to leave Dhaka on May 21, said BCB chief executive Mahmudur Rahman.

"Allister was saying that he would not be able to continue his job citing his personal problems and we had also agreed to release him understanding his problem," said Rahman.

He added the Australian coach did not leave with a sudden notice.

De Winter, who came to Bangladesh in 2005, guided the Bangladesh team in the ICC Under-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka 2006 to fifth position.

A former Tasmania player, he will return to Hobart as an assistant coach with the Tigers next season, said a Cricinfo report on May 29.

AsifTheManRahman
May 29, 2007, 05:38 PM
oh crap. this isn't good news. i hope we can find someone as good as him, if not better, in his place.

CricTiger
May 29, 2007, 05:50 PM
Were there any reasons given or just a quit ? Not a good sign for sure

Dhakablues
May 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
Now that he has quit, can't BC get hold of him and arrange an exit interview? Just some thought...

ialbd
May 29, 2007, 07:40 PM
Yea we'll probably never know the reason, but I'd like to think it to be a personal reason. Need to pick the next right candidate....

Sohel
May 29, 2007, 07:48 PM
No. Dav already opened the room for McInnes. Allister de Winter opened a new hole of his own, seperate from the hole creaed by Dav. McInnes is not intereted in head coach of the National Cricket Academy.

absolutely...

Shafin
May 30, 2007, 03:14 PM
any word on replacements?he was doing so good.

I agree with Fazal,this one is a bigger blow than Dav