PDA

View Full Version : we want tamim in the test

jahidus200
May 29, 2007, 03:53 PM
i think tamim should play test , he does not hit every ball like afridi. he can play big innings .selector should drop shariar naffes. javed and tamim will be best opener for our test and odi side.

Tigers_eye
May 29, 2007, 03:54 PM
I want Tamim in the test. when? I will let you know in two years time.

Niceman70
May 29, 2007, 03:54 PM
one day he will become a test player as well.

mali007
May 29, 2007, 03:55 PM
Not Javed!!! Mehrab Jr. should open with Tamim in test.

dewan
May 29, 2007, 03:57 PM
wh should be admit it . he is a talented player so i really deserved to play in .

Rajowana
May 29, 2007, 04:04 PM
wh should be admit it . he is a talented player so i really deserved to play in .

yeah:D

Rizvi
May 29, 2007, 04:17 PM
Not Javed!!! Mehrab Jr. should open with Tamim in test.

WHY??? What did Mehrab do to win ur vote?

bangla786
May 29, 2007, 04:47 PM
I want Tamim in the test. when? I will let you know in two years time.
y would u say dat b4 even giving any chance? shakib didnt have to wait did he? nor he has more skills than tamim does he? plus tamims gona replace either jo or sn ,which is necessary!

bangla786
May 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
TAMIM IS DEF!!!!!!a good maker of drive shot is much needed to get good runs due to fielding set upz in da test and i dnt see anyone other than him n ash are better in dis postion!

brishti
May 29, 2007, 05:03 PM
i think tamim should play but he doesn't stay in wicket that long he plays few big shots then he gets out

mali007
May 29, 2007, 05:31 PM
Mehrab Jr. was one of most talented alrounder of last under 19 worldcup where they
played together. Also technically he is more sound than Javed. His running between wicket is much superior than Javed. He performance as captain and player was satisfactory in the academy trination tournament involving pakistan and SL.

amra_korbo_joy
May 29, 2007, 06:35 PM
aftab and Tamim should open test and ODI. Opostion will see "sarishar fool" for long time.

Dhakablues
May 29, 2007, 06:41 PM
aftab and Tamim should open test and ODI. Opostion will see "sarishar fool" for long time.

That can happen after 2010.. because if you put Tamim now in Test cricket,, it will be 'our position" instead of 'opposition' , who will see the sarishar fool losing 2 wickets in opening over

Sohel
May 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
the iqbal brothers will open for us in both forms of the game in sri lanka.

mali007
May 29, 2007, 08:16 PM
I don't agree. In world cricket today agressive batsmen like Hayden,Smith, Gail are opening in tests. We are fortunate that we have Tamim. Tamim has played in longer version of our domestic cricket for Chittagong.

Sohel
May 29, 2007, 08:21 PM
I don't agree. In world cricket today agressive batsmen like Hayden,Smith, Gail are opening in tests. We are fortunate that we have Tamim. Tamim has played in longer version of our domestic cricket for Chittagong.

yep. tamim's 4-day average is 40 point something BTW.

amra_korbo_joy
May 29, 2007, 11:22 PM
yep. tamim's 4-day average is 40 point something BTW.

Farooq lives in Sunil Gaveskar's year who only think that you have to play slow like Sunil Gavaskar in test.

tiger_omar
May 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
Many shots Tamim played in the World Cup were driven in the air, and some flew by the slips or the gully. And my concern is that if he plays those shots in a Test match, with such attacking fields with many slips and a strong off-side field, he has a chance to get out early in an innings, especially when the ball is new and swinging.

If he tunes up his temperment a little, he will become a great player for our team both ODI and TEST. Good Luck Tamim!

jawaherul
May 30, 2007, 12:58 AM
yeah , tamim has a good enough technique to open in the test . remember , test cricket is not about being defensive , rather it is all about being technically flawless and having patience . there is no doubt about tamims technical flawlessness and potentials . the only concern may be his paitence and temparament . which i think is well enough . his 1st class record talks about this . has a high average and also he is able to play big inning . if i am not wrong , tamim scored a double century last year in a 4 day match . and what more is that he is in a pretty good form .

also count that tamim would not probably play those flashy slash wide outside the offstamp that much frequently and would refrain somewhat from those down the wicket madness . he would probably rather depend on the drives . and for the leg side ... although he has not shown that much till now in int'l cricket , he can flick the ball pretty well and probably can pull the ball when needed .

sunny747
May 30, 2007, 01:19 AM
Did you guys see the way tamim gets out? .......in test match, he will get out in the 1st over........they will have 4 slip cordon , will bowl outswinger to the lefty batsman..............TAmim will be out soon......
..button line is: he isn't ready for the longer version yet.

tiger_omar
May 30, 2007, 02:10 AM
.......in test match, he will get out in the 1st over........they will have 4 slip cordon , will bowl outswinger to the lefty batsman..............TAmim will be out soon......

Yea, thats the same concern I have for Tamim too but hopefully it won't happen though.

inspyr9
May 30, 2007, 04:50 AM
at least we can try with TI. whats the alternative SN's 9 ball 4 run?

yaseer
May 30, 2007, 05:24 AM
Tamim will play test cricket and be there for long time surely.....but not now....
Let him play few more ODIs...he will mature as a cricketer....will understand his strength and weaknesses....then work on it....and then he will come to the longer version and will amaze the world as he did in ODIs....So...for now let him play ODIs....time will come very soon

I am waiting to see Tamim Iqbal and Nafis Iqbal openning for Bangladesh......

(don't think i want Shahriar out......#3 may be when Habla retires :) )

Sohel
May 30, 2007, 05:25 AM
at least we can try with TI. whats the alternative SN's 9 ball 4 run?

stats tell only a part of the whole story. here's a few for our prospective openers: -

Tamim Iqbal: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56194.html
Nafees Iqbal: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56064.html
Shahriar Nafees: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56153.html
Javed Omar: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/55935.html
Mehrab Junior: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56031.html
Junaid Siddique: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/55946.html

i'd look at the first class stats, keeping in mind that a test match, unless we're talking about the sadly depleted zimbabwe side, will offer better opposition bowlers, fielders and field settings.

MohammedC
May 30, 2007, 06:04 AM
the iqbal brothers will open for us in both forms of the game in sri lanka.

This could be a very interesting,looking forward to it

mali007
May 30, 2007, 07:29 AM
Did you notice how Javed and Nafees were out in Dhaka test !!!! Then what so called
advantages we are getting by playing those so called longer versions players !!!!!
Look at Tamim's longer version average in domestic cricket. Moreover Tamim is the only batsman in opening position who can rule any bowler in the world .

rah
May 30, 2007, 07:30 AM
we have seen that tamim can play a lopng and sensible innings in the a couple of the super 8 matches, and anyways look at playes like jayasuria, hayden and sehwag hoo r all attackin playas and sucesful. and with akram khan coming on to the selection board, tamim will not have to wait that long

amra_korbo_joy
May 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
Many shots Tamim played in the World Cup were driven in the air, and some flew by the slips or the gully. And my concern is that if he plays those shots in a Test match, with such attacking fields with many slips and a strong off-side field, he has a chance to get out early in an innings, especially when the ball is new and swinging.

If he tunes up his temperment a little, he will become a great player for our team both ODI and TEST. Good Luck Tamim!

Tamim is not stupid. He would play test differently in test ,as there will be more attacking fieldings, that is why, his 1st class average is 43.36. More stat on Tamim:
http://cricketarchive.com/cgi-bin/player_oracle_reveals_results1.cgi

rah
May 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
and anyways jus look at tamims first class stats
it is good we have a pool of young openers;
nafees, mehrab and the iqbal brithers, i realli do like nafis iqbals batting

Protic
May 30, 2007, 08:34 AM
I WANTS tamim too..

jay
May 30, 2007, 08:35 AM
Tamim should definetly be in test cricket because his still learning new stuff in cricket and it gives him more room to grow, he'll have some bad days in test cricket but it'll tell him what to watch out for the next time.........he really is a good batsman and should be in test cricket...........
XxX........Jay.............XxX

bangla786
May 31, 2007, 10:29 AM
wow i was reading the newspaper inqilab today and it sayz tamim has the most run( 11 match 635 runs) in premiere league even after missing 5 match .
someof his scorez are following

http://www.tigercricket.com/Score.aspx?matchid=533 ( LOOL twelve six :floor: :floor: ?

http://www.tigercricket.com/Score.aspx?matchid=550
http://www.tigercricket.com/Score.aspx?matchid=491

WarWolf
May 31, 2007, 10:32 AM
Interesting news. I am curiously waiting to see what the selectors decides about his test debut.

Tigers_eye
May 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
All best players missed even more matches because of International commitment. Nevertheless, it shows the other performers inability to take advantage of his absense. Keep up the good work Tamim. I for one want Tamim at least to play another domestic season and show consistancy before taking on Aus (2008), SA (2008).

mali007
May 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
Also he scored double century in longer version last year!! He should definitely be in test
team. Ashraful made his test debut against SL at much younger age and became the youngest debutant centurian !!!!! So, why not TAMIM !!!!

Tigers_eye
May 31, 2007, 10:47 AM
Also he scored double century in longer version last year!! He should definitely be in test
team. Ashraful made his test debut against SL at much younger age and became the youngest debutant centurian !!!!! So, why not TAMIM !!!!
The reason I don't want Tamim take the same path as Ashraful is I want more consistant performance from him. His position is openning. That needs much more consistancy than an hundred, 5 innings of single digit or below 20, a fifty then 10 innings of under 20.

WarWolf
May 31, 2007, 11:35 AM
The reason I don't want Tamim take the same path as Ashraful is I want more consistant performance from him. His position is openning. That needs much more consistancy than an hundred, 5 innings of single digit or below 20, a fifty then 10 innings of under 20.
Positive thinking. Actually no player should be enroller into the national side below 20. This is important to ensure their consistency and preserve them from being dropped out.

mafizraju
May 31, 2007, 12:06 PM
He has long way to go. Not yet. I dont want to see any more test debut for next 2 years or so. We have enough test cap to select a team from. If oppening is a problem bring back Nafis Iqbal, he is doing good in domestic.

bangla786
May 31, 2007, 12:11 PM
u guyz are buncha old mentality peoples who only thinks for respectable loose or draw!
b4 tamimz inclusion into the odi team , i remember u guyz were whining about him being so young and all that but wht happend den? he proved his place and now u guyz are saying hes too young and nt experience! wt the hell happended to ashz case when he only played two domestic cricket match and seleted as a test player and become the youngest player to make debut century!

leaving him out of the test match will jus waste his time of the career which all of us will realise when he become 35+, " oh y didnt we promote him earlier''

and we have to remember we have nothing to loose other than trying our young players so we can have better future with them in upcoming series rather than playing with jo and the future output is nothing!:mad:

bangla786
May 31, 2007, 12:12 PM
that are leaving tamim out of the test squad

u guyz are buncha old mentality peoples who only thinks for respectable loose or draw!
b4 tamimz inclusion into the odi team , i remember u guyz were whining about him being so young and all that but wht happend den? he proved his place and now u guyz are saying hes too young and nt experience! wt the hell happended to ashz case when he only played two domestic cricket match and seleted as a test player and become the youngest player to make debut century!

leaving him out of the test match will jus waste his time of the career which all of us will realise when he become 35+, " oh y didnt we promote him earlier''

and we have to remember we have nothing to loose other than trying our young players so we can have better future with them in upcoming series rather than playing with jo and the future output is nothing!:mad:

zahid
May 31, 2007, 12:44 PM
WHY??? What did Mehrab do to win ur vote?

Question is, What did JO do to win your vote? lol

jahidus200
May 31, 2007, 02:28 PM
tamim just played 11 match in division leage and he scored more than six hundred.thats shows he had better ability to play test than odi. we all want tamim in the test. please our selector should selct for test team aginst srilanka.

Go_Bangladesh
May 31, 2007, 02:40 PM
I agree that tamim should play in tests, he is agressive but agressive has many meanings, there is senseless hitting, or hitting whenever one wants regardless of the quality of the ball, that type of hitter is Afridi and if tamim is like that then he should not play, BUT we all know that he is not like that, when in defence he looks very assured and has a good technique, he get edges when he tries to hit out which he wont do in tests, I know he is that much sensible, so tamim should be in test but not in place is s nafees, he is still our best opener he just needs a bit of a break like ash needed many times before

mali007
May 31, 2007, 02:45 PM
Can you identify a single player in BD cricket who has consistent per formance history
as an opener ? I have noticed JO & others so scared to face opening spells with awkward
footwork which forced them to exit early and which subsequently put pressure on the following batsman. But for Tamim bowlers are scared to be teared off !!!

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 02:48 PM
Tamim still not ready

bangla786
May 31, 2007, 03:19 PM
Tamim still not ready no its just ur not ready to see a win!

leaving out tamim and keeping golla isnt helping for the future!

bangla786
May 31, 2007, 03:23 PM

u guyz need to penerate dis quote through ur head for better future

Electrequiem
June 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
Tamim's inclusion in test matches is absolutely imperative. If he is included now, he can build his test repertoire. He is capable of great things in the test arena, that I am sure of.

Sohel
June 4, 2007, 02:11 AM
with a 4-day average of 40 point something from the nationals, there's NO reason whatsoever to keep tamim out of the test squad. young raquibul hasan may be another good prospect despite the paltry 9 FC matches under his belt. the remarkable 313NO is huge by any standards. mehrab jr, the golla clone, bugz in a big way. i'd rather cringe at the orginal.

cricket_king
June 4, 2007, 02:47 AM
All you people thinking tamim cant play test - just wait and see ;)

bangla786
June 4, 2007, 08:32 AM
Golla playing malingas delivery and vaas'z swing?? the way he pokes his bat , its shame to see we still have a batsman like him!

[edit]

where is tamim

Omio
June 4, 2007, 10:37 AM
Tamim will b the 1st ever double centurian of test crick for BD.

ZaKi
June 4, 2007, 11:18 AM
don't ignore Ashraful dude ;)

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 11:32 AM

Quite a bold and strong statement :-|!!!!!

don't ignore Ashraful dude ;)
Or Mashrafe :D!!!!!

nafis94
June 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
i think they must bring in tamim n take out shahriar nafees for a while i believe shahriar needs a lot of training before he bounces baqq here! n after all he lost his form of playing cricket..u know wuh i mean? .......... :)

Shafin
June 5, 2007, 04:45 AM
I'd rather reserve that post for Ashraful.

BangladeshFan
June 5, 2007, 06:07 PM
playing tamim in test will be a +ve move by Bd. Playing in test doesnt mean one has to be defensive, its just about cutting out the more risky and innovative shots. I think tamim has the temperment to do this.

SN can be pushed to the middle order, he is not a bad player there and can handle murali better. taking mehrab will be a step backward. Bd shouldnt look back anymore.

my batting lineup against Sl in tests will be tamim,JO,Sakib,Ash,Bashar,SN,Mushfiq. 3 of the top 6 batsmen are left handed which will reduce murali effect. mush at no.7 is more than capable batsman in test. and yes, no pilot please!

jahidus200
June 5, 2007, 06:39 PM
you everybody look what tamim did.that is real classic player. we need him test and odi in both side.

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 06:45 PM
Now whos against Tamim eh? :D Remember the "A case for Tamim Iqbal" thread? It was me against the tide...Great to see that i was actually right for once. But as for this thread specifically, im not too sure (50-50). Every player goes through patches where they seem absolutely unbeatable (like Habib). Although you can chance players that do that for about a year in ODIs, its pretty risky trying them in tests...Tamim might deserve it though...

rashed_va
June 5, 2007, 08:54 PM
That can happen after 2010.. because if you put Tamim now in Test cricket,, it will be 'our position" instead of 'opposition' , who will see the sarishar fool losing 2 wickets in opening over

question - are we not losing shahreer even now with less than 5 runs? With Tamim, you are atleast guaranteed 30 up - that is what more than shahreer nafeez can imagine.