PDA

View Full Version : talha jubair

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 11:51 AM
why he is not playing in the national test team? i heard he can bowl very fast? then why he was not selected?

Tigers_eye
May 31, 2007, 11:52 AM
To get BD citizenship:
simple! get married to a BD person. If you are a female then marry a male. if you are a male marry a female. no same sex marriages are allowed over there.

We need your expertise. Bangladesh needs your service. Please consider us.

Fazal
May 31, 2007, 11:54 AM
But does USA love you?

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 11:55 AM
To get BD citizenship:
simple! get married to a BD person. If you are a female then marry a male. if you are a male marry a female. no same sex marriages are allowed over there.

We need your expertise. Bangladesh needs your service. Please consider us.
the good way to produce fast bowlers must make all ur pitches very green top. don't fallow the indian or pakistani cricket to make flat pitches.

Ehsan
May 31, 2007, 11:55 AM
Talah-chabi? Man the second I read the title I thought someone is in need of good lock-key expert.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 11:57 AM
But does USA love you?

is this cricket related?????? or is this ur metter. if USA loves me that why i am here in the USA. i am not in the BD.

btw i only talk about cricket

Tigers_eye
May 31, 2007, 12:00 PM
the good way to produce fast bowlers must make all ur pitches very green top. don't fallow the indian or pakistani cricket to make flat pitches.
wrong! The good way to have fast bowlers is to incoporate special talents like you in the team. without guidance if you can get 90+ then definitely with guidance you can be 100+. no? May be the fastest of all time in Cricket history. Who needs pitches. All you need is a good BD wife or a husband (which ever is your opposite sex).

BC owners, Mods, guest associated with BCB please read this thread and make necessary adjustments. We have a jem in our hand. The ticket to being #1 in the world.

Fazal
May 31, 2007, 12:01 PM
is this cricket related?????? or is this ur metter. if USA loves me that why i am here in the USA. i am not in the BD.

btw i only talk about cricket

Oh I thought you want to do some cotha shota. Now if you only want to talk about cricket, I request you to do some homework first and serach of quite a few Talha and FB releated threads in this site. You will find plenty of information there. There is no need to open two new threads in these topics.

Ehsan
May 31, 2007, 12:02 PM
Anyways, ILU, I would like to welcome you to BC. Please take a moment to read the board rules by going here: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_forum_rules

You could also possibly introduce yourself by going here: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983

Enjoy your stay.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 12:10 PM
what was wrong with my message? i just asked why BD couldn't produce fast bowlers? do u think it did break the house rules.

you guys really let us down against india in this series.

i was really shocked when you guys added two very slow fast bowlers in the second test team. i have never seen before from any country the guys who bowls only 75 mph were playing test cricket as attack bowler.

i read the profile of talah jubair, cricinfo said he can bowl at 90 then why he was not added in the team. trust me u can't take wickets in the test cricket with the bowlers of speed less than 85.

btw i am very famous poster on the all cricket forums. so i though why not here.

hopefully yuo will find me nice poster very soon

Zunaid
May 31, 2007, 12:13 PM

And who might you be in the "us" above? Who are the "you guys" you are asking of and who did these "you guys" let down?

zahid
May 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
Spelling mistake = Pichchi.

Members, as Tintin says please don't feed a Troll .

Ehsan
May 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
ILU,

Sahadat is our fastest bowler. He bowls around 138 kph regularly. His fastest was 144 Kph. Infact he has delivered the fasted bowl of the tournament in the first test around 144 Kph.

Mashrafe is our second fastest. He bowls around 136-137 regularly as well. His fastest is also around 143-144 Kph.

The reason, Syed Russel and Mohammad Sharif was played in the 2nd Test was because Shahadat was sick with high fever. Nevertheless, Syed Russel is a good swing and accurate bowler. He has the ability to swing the ball both ways. Mohammad Sharif used to be a good bowler as well but after he returned from his long career threatening injury, he is not the same anymore.

I did not remove your thread. Whoever did may get back to you. And at last, try to co-operate with the moderators to keep the forum clean and to maintain the quality.

Mr-Cricket
May 31, 2007, 12:21 PM
what was wrong with my message? i just asked why BD couldn't produce fast bowlers? do u think it did break the house rules.

i was really shocked when you guys added two very slow fast bowlers in the second test team. i have never seen before from any country the guys who bowls only 75 mph were playing test cricket as attack bowler.

i read the profile of talah jubair, cricinfo said he can bowl at 90 then why he was not added in the team. trust me u can't take wickets in the test cricket with the bowlers of speed less than 85.

btw i am very famous poster on the all cricket forums. so i though why not here.

hopefully yuo will find me nice poster very soon
I'm completely & utterly dumfounded. :doh:

*Shakes head profusely, in disgust.*

Zobair
May 31, 2007, 12:23 PM
T_E and Fazal! guys take it easy. Not every new member will be "with it" from the very first post. You guys are getting too cynical for your own good. :)

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 12:26 PM
ILU,

Sahadat is our fastest bowler. He bowls around 138 kph regularly. His fastest was 144 Kph. Infact he has delivered the fasted bowl of the tournament in the first test around 144 Kph.

Mashrafe is our second fastest. He bowls around 136-137 regularly as well. His fastest is also around 143-144 Kph.

The reason, Syed Russel and Mohammad Sharif was played in the 2nd Test was because Shahadat was sick with high fever. Nevertheless, Syed Russel is a good swing and accurate bowler. He has the ability to swing the ball both ways. Mohammad Sharif used to be a good bowler as well but after he returned from his long career threatening injury, he is not the same anymore.

I did not remove your thread. Whoever did may get back to you. And at last, try to co-operate with the moderators to keep the forum clean and to maintain the quality.

Shahadat can go above 89 mph?????? :shh: :shh: :shh: :confused:

Ehsan
May 31, 2007, 12:27 PM
Shahadat can go above 89 mph?????? :shh: :shh: :shh: :confused:

Yes, I have seen his fastest delivery in the first test.

Tigers_eye
May 31, 2007, 12:28 PM
T_E and Fazal! guys take it easy. Not every new member will be "with it" from the very first post. You guys are getting too cynical for your own good. :)
You have missed his original 1st post (another thread). the citizenship, the 90+ bowling was his queries. I was just answering them. That thread would already have 20 replies within 5 minutes had it been still visible. I am here long enough to know whom to encourage and whom to discourage. :)

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 12:30 PM
if u have no respect for me i will back to this forum www.cricket-chat.com.

i promise i will respect all fosters here but i am expecting same from ur side.

i want your team really good in the future. your team's fieldind is very good even better than india, pakistan but i feel your team's fast bowling department is still very weak.

are there any new young guys in your domestic cricket who can bowl really fast?

i wana know more about BD cricket future.

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, I have seen his fastest delivery in the first test.

Thats the pace Sami of these days bowls at..do you think Shahadat will ever be a 90 mph consistent pacer???:o

Russell2k7
May 31, 2007, 12:33 PM
ILU ur 90+ bowling will be smashed every single time by players like AB de Villiers and not to mention the whole Australian team.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 12:35 PM
Thats the pace Sami of these days bowls at..do you think Shahadat will ever be a 90 mph consistent pacer???:o

sami bowls ever ball at 88 or 89, he doesn't bowl only single bowl at 89 and then other all bowls at 82 or 83.

i don't think so if any bowler bowl one delivery at very high speed and then rest of the deliveries at less than 85 then he is a good bowler. he should bowl all his deliveries over 85 with swing.

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 12:35 PM
ILU ur 90+ bowling will be smashed every single time by players like AB de Villiers and not to mention the whole Australian team.

BRING IT ON!!! :ticking: :ticking:

Ehsan
May 31, 2007, 12:37 PM
I am hopefull. He is still young, with proper nurturing and coaching he can definitely get that 90 mph consistency.

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 12:37 PM
sami bowls ever ball at 88 or 89, he doesn't bowl only single bowl at 89 and then other all bowls at 82 or 83.

i don't think so if any bowler bowl one delivery at very high speed and then rest of the deliveries at less than 85 then he is a good bowler. he should bowl all his deliveries over 85 with swing.

Sami these days is VERY VERY VERY slow compared to 3 years ago...yeah, 138 ks is his average speed.

AND THAT SHOULD BRING UP MY CENTURY.....100 posts at BC at 20 a day......less than 5 days to get my hundred :callme: :callme: :callme: :callme: :callme:

zahid
May 31, 2007, 12:41 PM

Poor cricketing knowledge. Guys, please don't post anymore.

Ehsan
May 31, 2007, 12:41 PM
Pace is not everything to be a good bowler. Pace plus intelligence is the key, eg. McGrath, Wasim and our own Mashrafi.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 12:43 PM
BRING IT ON!!! :ticking: :ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7

BRING IT ON!!! :

i don't know what r u talking i have never played yet international cricket. hopefully very soon i will play.

AB de Villiers smashed who's bowling, i never played against him? what r u talking.

let me tell you clearly 70 mphs bowlers will not work in any cricket.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 12:49 PM
BRING IT ON!!! :ticking: :ticking:

Pace is not everything to be a good bowler. Pace plus intelligence is the key, eg. McGrath, Wasim and our own Mashrafi.

Mashrafi might be good for BC but he is still not good fast bowler for international cricket standard.

his avg is 37 and his SR in bowling 70 which is really worst.

Tests 22 3947 2104 56 4/60 5/104 37.57 3.19 70.48 3 0 0

how u can say him a good fast biowler

good fast bowlers SR should be arround 50 and avg should be arround 20 to 25

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 12:52 PM

so do u think Wasim had no speed??? LOL for me its really joke

wasim had finished his career with the speed of 140 he was too fast than his last match..

just see the highlights of his last match. when he took his 500 wicket his speed was 139.7 for that delivery.

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 12:59 PM

wasim had finished his career with the speed of 140 he was too fast than his last match..

just see the highlights of his last match. when he took his 500 wicket his speed was 139.7 for that delivery.

It was 133.7 kph.......

Wasim was 140 kph at BEST. Not last..He was quick, but 85 below...:smug:

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 01:00 PM
Mashrafi might be good for BC but he is still not good fast bowler for international cricket standard.

his avg is 37 and his SR in bowling 70 which is really worst.

Tests 22 3947 2104 56 4/60 5/104 37.57 3.19 70.48 3 0 0

how u can say him a good fast biowler

good fast bowlers SR should be arround 50 and avg should be arround 20 to 25

point taken...he's no shoaib akhtar...or me for that matter...:smug:

btw, Mashrafe at ODIs kicks ***.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 01:04 PM
It was 133.7 kph.......

i am not talking his this 500th wicket against holand, let me find his highlights of his last match against numbia u will see his speed.

i heard this first time that his speed was less than 85...what a joke.

he always bowled at 87 to 90. just wait few mins i will find the highlights of his last match and then u can see the speed of very old man... and then u can guess his speed when he was ypung than his last match...just pls give me few mins

Mr-Cricket
May 31, 2007, 01:06 PM
30+ posts?? :confused:

Shoot me, shoot me now.

Russell2k7
May 31, 2007, 01:09 PM
ILU South Africans Thrive on Fast bowling. And trust me u dont want to have fast bowling experience against AB.

ps McGrath is not much of a fast bowler either nor is Nathan Bracken. But I can guarantee u that they are 100 times better than u.

SS
May 31, 2007, 01:11 PM
where are we heading boys and girls...from talah to fastest bowler of BD to Bracken,Wasim .....
Posting going wayward from the topic/title.
It reminds me of writing essays in BD for some exams to make it 10 pages to get 8 out of 10.

Zunaid
May 31, 2007, 01:11 PM

I will speak very slowly for you.

I will invent a new symbol !> to mean not necessarily.

And != not equal to

Here is what Ehsan said.

1. Pace !> Good Bowler
2. Pace + Intelligence = Good Bowler

3. MacGrath = Good Bowler
4. Mashrafe = Good Bowler

5. Akram = Good Bowler

From 2. and 5.

Akram = Pace + Intelligence

Corollary:

Akram != !Pace

QED.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 01:16 PM
It was 133.7 kph.......

lol u make me laugh today..if person when he was 37 years old can bowl at 140(87) how he couldn't bowl over 87 when he was very fast and young?

just watch his higlights of the his last innings.

he bowled first delivery of the match with speed 139.4

pls watch this..u really made me laugh today. if u watch the whole match he has many delivries over 140 in his last bowling innings. i don't what are u talking. he always bowl arround 88 to 89 in his whole career he was slow very slow in 2003 but still fast then all DC bowlers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHn-mYWey4

Fazal
May 31, 2007, 01:17 PM
I will speak very slowly for you.

Corollary:

Akram != !Pace

QED.

But you didn't mentioned what "!= !" means.

Mr-Cricket
May 31, 2007, 01:18 PM

Akram != !Pace

I'm ! more confused now, than I was before? :-p

Mr-Cricket
May 31, 2007, 01:20 PM
I believe they cancel each other out, leaving us with the residual:

Akram = Pace :floor:

Zunaid
May 31, 2007, 01:21 PM

Geeks rule. != implies not equalto.

Akram != !Pace

In English, Akram has pace. Ehsan did not say Akram does not have pace.

All we need is the Sultan of Swing to teach his art to some of our bowlers. Without bottle caps.

Fazal
May 31, 2007, 01:22 PM

Akram != !Pace

All we need is the Sultan of Swing to teach his art to some of our bowlers. Without bottle caps.

o... I see... I think to make it more readable I suggest to reformat it like this:

Akram != (!Pace)

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 01:27 PM
wasim vs Namibia in second last match find that video he took 5 wickets and his first wicket was at speed 139.8 and thirs wickets was 141.2 and all five wickets were over 137 speed.

just guess this was his speed when he left cricket after playing 19 years. he was too fast than this... we always has seen his speed was like 142 to 145 before 2001 but then he lost couple miles speed of his age and illness

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 01:31 PM
lol u make me laugh today..if person when he was 37 years old can bowl at 140(87) how he couldn't bowl over 87 when he was very fast and young?

just watch his higlights of the his last innings.

he bowled first delivery of the match with speed 139.4

pls watch this..u really made me laugh today. if u watch the whole match he has many delivries over 140 in his last bowling innings. i don't what are u talking. he always bowl arround 88 to 89 in his whole career he was slow very slow in 2003 but still fast then all DC bowlers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHn-mYWey4

140 ODD Ball. Not 140 consistent...You the rest...80-82 miles. Btw, he was bowling in a speed track...so the pace was inevitable. Waqar was quicker than Wasim, and he went down to 78 towards the end (126 kph), so imagine how low wasim went.

Btw, OMG at Shoaib....how quick did he bowl....:timeout:

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 01:33 PM

Akram != !Pace

bottle caps can't help to bowl fast, for a good fast bowling bowl fast is the first thing.

bottle caps may help to swing but still its useless if bwolers will bowl only at 75.

indians tried everything, sands, bottle caps, nails and medications but nothing worked for them.

bcoz without speed these things don't work good.

jahidus200
May 31, 2007, 01:35 PM
who send this thread maybe he doesnot know nothing about cricket. you man bangladesh need some bowler who can ball up to 140 km and good line-length like our masraffie and sahadat.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 01:37 PM
140 ODD Ball. Not 140 consistent...You the rest...80-82 miles. Btw, he was bowling in a speed track...so the pace was inevitable. Waqar was quicker than Wasim, and he went down to 78 towards the end (126 kph), so imagine how low wasim went.

Btw, OMG at Shoaib....how quick did he bowl....:timeout:

look like u watch only bangla desh cricket, but i watch all countries cricket.

in 2003 waqar was alot less than wasim in speed.

could u watch wasim's last two matches complete bowling and see how many bowls he bowled over 140.
if a bowler after 19 years can bowl with speed 140 then why not he can bowl too fast when he was too young?

u need to watch old his bowling dvds

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 01:41 PM
why your bowlers couldn't take even 5 wickets in two days in the second test?
while on the same pitch indian fast bowler bwoled out ur team twice?

where your bowlers went wrong in that match?

akabir77
May 31, 2007, 01:57 PM

cause Our bowlers where bowling at your batsman if our bowler bowled at our bastmen then they would bowled out thrice in one and a half day and if your bowlers bowled at your batsmen they wouldn't get any wicket.:floor:

Russell2k7
May 31, 2007, 02:12 PM
ILU did you forgot to mention that in that video 150+ were smashed for fours and sixes? Same with anything above 140+ also. Against quality batsman just pace wont do you any good. And trust me AB will eat you alive if you bowl like this.

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 02:18 PM
In subcontinent wickets, even Wasim bowled at 80-82 mph. i have seen him bowl at that even england or SAF. what was lethal about him that he can bowl six deliveries in six different way.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 02:38 PM
ILU did you forgot to mention that in that video 150+ were smashed for fours and sixes? Same with anything above 140+ also. Against quality batsman just pace wont do you any good. And trust me AB will eat you alive if you bowl like this.

i think u r talking about tendu's sixes at thirdman, i think to hit a six on the thirdman is a bowlers win. only losers who can't hit sixes on the otherside of the ground can his sixes in the thirdman.

anyone can hit six on the thirdman, even syed russell can hit six at the thridman if he just touch his bat to 95 deliveries on time.

can i tell u tendu loser's avg on bouncy pitches in NZ, SA, AUS, and ENG..you will must be surprised to see his avg in these countries against them in odis.

i am not talking tendu avg playing in SA but playing against Nambia or Kenya i am here talking his avg playing in SA playing against SA. same like playing NA playing against NZ in odis.

here is loser's avg 26 in NZ, 27 in SA, 28 in Aus and 29 in Eng.

he didn't make single 100 in NZ and aus in his 49 matches.

he made all his 100s either on the very flat tracks or very low quality bowling attacks

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 02:41 PM
i think u r talking about tendu's sixes at thirdman, i think to hit a six on the thirdman is a bowlers win. only losers who can't hit sixes on the otherside of the ground can his sixes in the thirdman.

anyone can hit six on the thirdman, even syed russell can hit six at the thridman if he just touch his bat to 95 deliveries on time.

can i tell u tendu loser's avg on bouncy pitches in NZ, SA, AUS, and ENG..you will must be surprised to see his avg in these countries against them in odis.

i am not talking tendu avg playing in SA but playing against Nambia or Kenya i am here talking his avg playing in SA playing against SA. same like playing NA playing against NZ in odis.

here is loser's avg 26 in NZ, 27 in SA, 28 in Aus and 29 in Eng.

he didn't make single 100 in NZ and aus in his 49 matches.

he made all his 100s either on the very flat tracks or very low quality bowling attacks

Ya, the ball was there to be hit, eithe for a six or four, It was just a ball. If it was around 80 miles, he would have played square of the wicket for 4. The point is, there is no point having pace if you are bowling boundary bowls. I am not a tendul fan, but he played some brilliant shots that day, the next ball he played a flick from off stump was a perfect cricket ball at 90 mph, which flew for a 4.

Nafi
May 31, 2007, 02:43 PM

1/ Umpire gave very bad decisions against Bangladesh
2/ The pitch had nothing for spin.
3/ Both of our fast bowlers were injured, mashrafee only slightly, but hindered his bowling.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 02:51 PM
Ya, the ball was there to be hit, eithe for a six or four, It was just a ball. If it was around 80 miles, he would have played square of the wicket for 4. The point is, there is no point having pace if you are bowling boundary bowls. I am not a tendul fan, but he played some brilliant shots that day, the next ball he played a flick from off stump was a perfect cricket ball at 90 mph, which flew for a 4.

i still suggest Bangla desh should make fast tracks. and also give chances to young fast bowler than to play a bolwers like sharif and russel in the test cricket. i am sure there will be some good bowlers in ur domestic cricket. if you will continue to find new good fast bowlers i am sure u will find very soon but if ur board stick with slow bowlers its not a good sign for future of BC.

ok guys nice talk, see ya later

ammark
May 31, 2007, 02:52 PM
bottle caps can't help to bowl fast, for a good fast bowling bowl fast is the first thing.

bottle caps may help to swing but still its useless if bwolers will bowl only at 75.

indians tried everything, sands, bottle caps, nails and medications but nothing worked for them.

bcoz without speed these things don't work good.

Yes, bowl fast and you shall be a good fast bowler.

Regardless of:
where you pitch the ball,
what sort of rise it gets,
on what line you're bowling,
whether you're mixing up your pace,
how much swing and what sort of swing you're getting,
whether you're sending the odd off cutter or leg cutter to surprise the batsman.

Therefore by this logic, Rajib is a better bowler than McGrath, Walsh, Bracken, etc

-EOM-

Russell2k7
May 31, 2007, 02:54 PM
A six is a six no matter how you hit it. An edge gone for four is still a four. And If batsman can edge a four everytime they wouldnt mind it. Since you found a "defense" for six then what about the boundaries? What about when 153KMPH goes for four rather easily? Why Pak with all these pace bolwers couldnt bowl out IND when Pak gave them a good target to chase? Couldnt take much wickets either. Using pace of the bowl and blade is not looser.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 02:59 PM
A six is a six no matter how you hit it. An edge gone for four is still a four. And If batsman can edge a four everytime they wouldnt mind it. Since you found a "defense" for six then what about the boundaries? What about when 153KMPH goes for four rather easily? Why Pak with all these pace bolwers couldnt bowl out IND when Pak gave them a good target to chase? Couldnt take much wickets either. Using pace of the bowl and blade is not looser.

pls don't make pak and india comparison..pak is same for india as Aus is for England.

here is results of pak vs india cricket

In odis
pak won 64 and india only 40

in test cricket
pak=12 and inida=8

pak was always far better team than india

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 03:02 PM
From Talah Jubair, the forum is turned towards IND vs PAK.

WOW, interesting

RazabQ
May 31, 2007, 03:29 PM
Seriously ... please do not feed the troll.

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 03:31 PM
look like u watch only bangla desh cricket, but i watch all countries cricket.

in 2003 waqar was alot less than wasim in speed.

could u watch wasim's last two matches complete bowling and see how many bowls he bowled over 140.
if a bowler after 19 years can bowl with speed 140 then why not he can bowl too fast when he was too young?

u need to watch old his bowling dvds

LOL. I watch more Paki cricket than BD cricket...
Funny, but against Namibia, Waqar clocked 145 kph in his first over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So much for you and Wasim.

No ones denying that Wasim was quick. But not as quick as you are supposing. What he is suggesting guys is that if Wasim is bowling 140 ks (and over) in 2003, then that means he must've been 150 k + 19 years ago. I doubt even Shoaib will be like that.

Wasim perhaps was 140 consistent, but no way near 90+ consistent.

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 03:32 PM
pls don't make pak and india comparison..pak is same for india as Aus is for England.

here is results of pak vs india cricket

In odis
pak won 64 and india only 40

in test cricket
pak=12 and inida=8

pak was always far better team than india

Are you non-bengali???
And I agree with the point highlighted. Perhaps not in batting, but overall yes

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 03:34 PM
Seriously ... please do not feed the troll.

Trollta key bhai?

zahid
May 31, 2007, 03:36 PM
please Do Not Feed A Troll

Zunaid
May 31, 2007, 03:46 PM
please Do Not Feed A Troll

For once I will allow the formatting. :)

Protic
June 1, 2007, 02:28 AM
In that case.. Mashrafe is our fastest bowler..He bowled a 146K-ish in the world cup against India to Sourav Ganguly ..probably the 3rd ball on his 4th Over
:D But Shahadat is a regular 136K+ on every pitches though.

Sohel
June 1, 2007, 02:45 AM
a classic b-flick this is. definitely a keeper in some closet.

ILU & Sidewinder: what do people tell you about yourselves? wait, don't answer that.

rah
June 1, 2007, 04:15 PM
yo usa guy y do u say "U" and u lots.
r u bengali?

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 12:21 AM
talah needs a chabi no more... (sigh)

Antora
June 2, 2007, 12:27 AM
this might seem lyk the dumbest question.. but.. i've kinda gone blank...... who is talha jubair?

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 12:38 AM
this might seem lyk the dumbest question.. but.. i've kinda gone blank...... who is talha jubair?

talha was one of the brightest, most genuine fast bowling prospects for bangladesh. being overworked from the tender age of 16 led to a career debilitating stress fracture. he's now on his way back to the national side, despite being a shadow of that early promise.

there's a good thread here that talks about him: -

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=21519

and here are the cricinfo stats: -

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56180.html

Antora
June 2, 2007, 12:42 AM
talha was one of the brightest, most genuine fast bowling prospects for bangladesh. being overworked from the tender age of 16 led to a career debilitating stress fracture. he's now on his way back to the national side, despite being a shadow of that early promise.

there's a good thread here that talks about him: -

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=21519

and here are the cricinfo stats: -

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56180.html

thnx mate!!!

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 12:43 AM
thnx mate!!!

my pleasure sis.

Aritro
June 2, 2007, 05:29 AM

Have you seen him bowl in Dhaka League/National League?

Or are we just assuming he's a shadow of his former self because of all the injuries?

nfsunited
June 2, 2007, 05:49 AM

i dont know wether to lough or not on your this comment

pak always make dead pitches lilly a former aus bowler called the pitch of faislabad as the graveyard of bowlers but pak produce best bowlers in the world look at that
-surfaraz nawaz
-imran khan
-wasim
-waqar
-aaqib
-shoaib
-asif
-sami

or simply look at abdulrahee disply pic

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 02:37 AM
Have you seen him bowl in Dhaka League/National League?

Or are we just assuming he's a shadow of his former self because of all the injuries?

i try not to assume things too much.

he was hitting 90mph at the tender age of 16-something during the 2001-2002 season. everybody including andy roberts expected him to put on some meat and bowl even faster by the time he was 23. then came the stress fracture.

now he's classified as a right arm medium by the same wisden overview that considered him a genuine fast bowling prospect. they're spot on. now he's considered good enough to play in the national league only for his economical bowling. his participation in the nationals has been limited but impressive. the dhaka premier league is not first class cricket and yes, i have seen him bowl a few for abahoni.

a reamrkably brave soul, he hasn't given up. he has changed his bowling action, learned to keep his line and length on a relatively tight leash, and managed to produce a few notable spells for his club when the ball started to swing and reverse-swing his way, often assisted by rare crosswinds, and produced unexpected bounces. his 4 for 25 against victoria was such a spell and helped abahoni capture the title this year. his tight bowling all season did more, despite the notable loss in pace.

i see him as a possible substitute for rasel in ODIs as the third seamer, provided that rajib learns to find his line early and establish himself as the other new ball bowler in the shorter form of the game as well. the longer version of the game can still aggravate the injuries he has been working so hard to overcome. he'll face stiff competition from more than a dozen bowlers for that spot. mentally tough as the hardest nail, and driven by the beautiful desire to reinvent himself, i think he'll make it back to the ODI side first, and the test side in a year or two.

Dhakablues
June 3, 2007, 02:54 AM
Given the gold fish memory our selectors posess today,, you have to remind them whether Talha is a bowler or curator....

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 05:51 AM
i try not to assume things too much.

he was hitting 90mph at the tender age of 16-something during the 2001-2002 season. everybody including andy roberts expected him to put on some meat and bowl even faster by the time he was 23. then came the stress fracture.

now he's classified as a right arm medium by the same wisden overview that considered him a genuine fast bowling prospect. they're spot on. now he's considered good enough to play in the national league only for his economical bowling. his participation in the nationals has been limited but impressive. the dhaka premier league is not first class cricket and yes, i have seen him bowl a few for abahoni.

a reamrkably brave soul, he hasn't given up. he has changed his bowling action, learned to keep his line and length on a relatively tight leash, and managed to produce a few notable spells for his club when the ball started to swing and reverse-swing his way, often assisted by rare crosswinds, and produced unexpected bounces. his 4 for 25 against victoria was such a spell and helped abahoni capture the title this year. his tight bowling all season did more, despite the notable loss in pace.

i see him as a possible substitute for rasel in ODIs as the third seamer, provided that rajib learns to find his line early and establish himself as the other new ball bowler in the shorter form of the game as well. the longer version of the game can still aggravate the injuries he has been working so hard to overcome. he'll face stiff competition from more than a dozen bowlers for that spot. mentally tough as the hardest nail, and driven by the beautiful desire to reinvent himself, i think he'll make it back to the ODI side first, and the test side in a year or two.

It's nice to hear from someone who's actually seen him play.

I was still holding onto the tiny hope that he'd ride the same miracle that allowed Brett Lee to keep bowling at his top pace even after TWO seperate instances of Stress Fractures.

I guess it didn't happen.

IMO if he's got the ability to keep the seam up and keep it tight, there's no way he can't have a perfectly decent international career as a Paul Reiffel type bowler. He'll need to be able to bowl at a minimum of 130 though. Hopefully he's still got the ability to do that.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 09:45 PM
IMO if he's got the ability to keep the seam up and keep it tight, there's no way he can't have a perfectly decent international career as a Paul Reiffel type bowler. He'll need to be able to bowl at a minimum of 130 though. Hopefully he's still got the ability to do that.

that's what's happening now. the range of his pace, i'm being entirely unscientific here, is possibly between 120 and 130 at the moment. i don't think he'll bowl any faster consistently... although my cousin A, an abahoni die-hard, swears that josh ut'hle he can still generate close to the late 130s.