PDA

View Full Version : Tips for fast bowling

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 01:52 PM
Speed and bowler height
Speed is key for fast bowling, if you don't have speed over 85 or your height arround 6 feet then pls don't think about fast bowling, then spin bowling is better option for u.

Use of both arms
Not only the bowling arm but the other arm is also very important while delivering the ball. The other arm assists in generating extra pace.

Head Still
Head position is equally important to keep your body balanced, as well as to bowl on a line consistently.

Position before delivery

Eye on the spot
A bowler should know where he wants to pitch the ball.

Run up
Run up is the key for any fast bowler. Smooth and hassle-free run up produces effective results.

In Swing
It does not matter how quick you are, because quick you come quicker you go. Hence only movement off the wicket or in the air can transform you into a lethal fast bowler.

Out Swing
This very delivery keeps the slip fielders interested, however needs perfection.

Trigger_Tiger
May 31, 2007, 01:57 PM
In case of too many no-balls or wides being bowles, cut the pace and concentrate on the line, the length and most importantly the run-up :)!!!!!

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 02:12 PM
ILU

In some of other threads you mentioned all BC players or members as "you guys" and not "us" as you are not part of Bangladesh or BC team fans.
So, are you a non-bengali.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 02:17 PM
ILU

In some of other threads you mentioned all BC players or members as "you guys" and not "us" as you are not part of Bangladesh or BC team fans.
So, are you a non-bengali.

yes i am not bangali, i am mixed race, asain + white, most of my family is in Norway.

i moved to USA few years ago. my first language is norge. but i can speek litle bit hindi, urdu and punjabi as well. english is my second language, my studies were not in english

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 02:22 PM
Well, welcome to BC.
And, which means you have little knowladge about the BD nutrition and health. It is one of the worst in the world that is why most of players don't have enough power in their soulder to produce constant 90. making a green pitch in subcontinent with the temperature is utterly impossible.

Nafi
May 31, 2007, 02:22 PM
Speed and bowler height
if you don't have speed over 85 or your height arround 6 feet then pls don't think about fast bowling, then spin bowling is better option for u.

Most stupid post in the world, I guess then Malinga and Vaas should of never of taken up pace bowling.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 02:25 PM
Well, welcome to BC.
And, which means you have little knowladge about the BD nutrition and health. It is one of the worst in the world that is why most of players don't have enough power in their soulder to produce constant 90. making a green pitch in subcontinent with the temperature is utterly impossible.

but tempure in south aferica is the same as suncontinent. i personally think all subcontinent teams are afraid to play on the bouncy and green top pitches.

look at pakistan they lost the match from ireland just bcoz of very green top pitch.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 02:28 PM
Most stupid post in the world, I guess then Malinga and Vaas should of never of taken up pace bowling.

i mean at least one thing from speed and height.

if ur height is less than 6 feet and ur speed is less than 85 it is very hard for u to survive in the international cricket. exceptions are always there.

or if ur speed is speed is arround 80 then ur height must be over six but exception are always there.

could u see the most history of the fast bowlers.

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 02:30 PM
but tempure in south aferica is the same as suncontinent. i personally think all subcontinent teams are afraid to play on the bouncy and green top pitches.

look at pakistan they lost the match from ireland just bcoz of very green top pitch.

It's completely different than SAF, with the dry and humid condition we have, the green top crack in hours and grass dries with in same time. Where in part of SAF, they play cricket, is not as humid or dry.

Nafi
May 31, 2007, 02:37 PM
It's completely different than SAF, with the dry and humid condition we have, the green top crack in hours and grass dries with in same time. Where in part of SAF, they play cricket, is not as humid or dry.

Another reason why south africa got murked in the WC against BD, they couldnt handle the subcontinent like conditions in Guyana

sislam2
May 31, 2007, 02:38 PM
Another reason why south africa got murked in the WC against BD, they couldnt handle the subcontinent like conditions in Guyana

true that

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 02:55 PM
i don't think so, it was just there bad day nothing else.

do u think BD can beat them if tour right now to bangla desh. no way. it was just there bad day. nothing to do with conditions still they are alot better team than DB and india on any conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf

true that

Nafi
May 31, 2007, 03:00 PM
i don't think so, it was just there bad day nothing else.

Yeh sure it was, I forgot you know everything (sarcasm)

Why did shaun pollock get out and many others who were out? because the lower ball and spinners were too much for them, this was caused by conditions.

do u think BD can beat them if tour right now to bangla desh. no way.

A full strength BD team would have a good chance against SA at home. Sotuh africa also have weakness against spinners, we have Razzaq and Rafique, two of the few best spinners currently in the worlds. And south africa cannot play subcontinental conditions at all. All we need is a one or two of our players to have their eid and south africa stand little chance.

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 03:36 PM
i mean at least one thing from speed and height.

if ur height is less than 6 feet and ur speed is less than 85 it is very hard for u to survive in the international cricket. exceptions are always there.

or if ur speed is speed is arround 80 then ur height must be over six but exception are always there.

could u see the most history of the fast bowlers.

Oh...ok.....Hoggard's a no then?
The fact that we're talking INTERNATIONAL cricket is the face that exceptions are there..:waiting:

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 05:20 PM
Oh...ok.....Hoggard's a no then?
The fact that we're talking INTERNATIONAL cricket is the face that exceptions are there..:waiting:

man Hoggard is over six feet. who told u he is less then 6?

btw he is never good odi bowler, he can bowl good only in test cricket in aus or grassy pitches.

ILoveUSA
May 31, 2007, 05:22 PM
here is his height

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvwi/content/player/14236.html

SideWinder
May 31, 2007, 06:42 PM
here is his height

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvwi/content/player/14236.html

dude...chill...i got it first time...

sheikh
June 1, 2007, 04:12 AM

This is not a good counter logic. Neither is good. One good team should play well against both spin and pace.
And should have good spinners and fast bowlers.

Zobair
June 1, 2007, 07:47 AM
well, IloveUSA, you have had your last say in this forum. Now go waste someone else's time.

zahid
June 1, 2007, 08:04 AM
Thank you, Zobair bhai.

SideWinder
June 1, 2007, 08:39 AM
well, IloveUSA, you have had your last say in this forum. Now go waste someone else's time.

Unake ban korlen???:big_hug:

Khali ei threader jonno...?
If it is, then I have something to worry about...:timeout:

RazabQ
June 1, 2007, 11:36 AM
SideWinder - mods know a troll when they see one.

LateCut
June 1, 2007, 12:37 PM
This is becoming a 2-way conversation. Use u-2-u instead and spare us from this useless thread!

Shafin
June 1, 2007, 02:02 PM
SideWinder - mods know a troll when they see one.
IP?

Kabir
June 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
IP?

Mods don't have users' IP I think. It's the trollish nature bro...mods' raddar can detect that :)

Zobair
June 1, 2007, 05:28 PM
Kabir, actually they do.

Mods don't have users' IP I think. It's the trollish nature bro...mods' raddar can detect that :)

WarWolf
June 2, 2007, 02:32 AM
It's really nice to see that Mods got more strict about trolls. BC seems to have a cleaner and safer environment now.

BD-Shardul
June 2, 2007, 04:43 AM
Bename coachgiri korte chaichilo-- mod dhoira flaise

rupantor
June 2, 2007, 05:24 AM
Why was he banned? Just curious.
It looked like an ordinary thread and his posts were not offensive either.

Nafi
June 2, 2007, 05:27 AM
Becuase due to his other posts and threads it was so clear he was a troll, well done mods in getting rid of him ASAP

rupantor
June 2, 2007, 05:37 AM
Becuase due to his other posts and threads it was so clear he was a troll, well done mods in getting rid of him ASAP

Excuse my ignorance, what does troll mean? What they do?

Nafi
June 2, 2007, 05:41 AM
Excuse my ignorance, what does troll mean? What they do?

They start unnecessary arguments, constantly.