PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Bangladesh and Canada

WIFAN
August 22, 2002, 07:36 AM
I was just thinking, having seen Canada in action, about the difference between the 2 sides. I can promise you that Bangladesh have much more talent at their disposal and are of a much higher quality, but Canada are fantastic at the basics of the game. They have an Australian coach who has taught them to field brilliantly and bowl straight most of the time. This enables them to compete with other sides even though their batting and bowling lineups are extremely poor. If Bangladesh could just improve their fielding and bowl straight, I am pretty sure they would be a force in the future!

Mahmood
August 22, 2002, 08:51 AM
Nothing just works for BD. Here Canada gets a coach from Australia, he teaches them good fielding and bolwing line. We get one from Australia, he only teaches fielding, not bat or ball what so ever.

Arnab
August 22, 2002, 09:07 AM
I don't think Australian coach is the main thing.

India should have produced world class pace bowlers then since Lilly has been coaching there for a decade now.

fwullah
August 22, 2002, 12:29 PM
having talent and knowing that talent exists among the players usually lifts the confidence up.

But in Bangladesh's case, it is a downfall rather than boosting the confidence knowing about talent.

I think that talent does not mean anything if the players do not have any intention of hard work.

This is why players like Sanwar Hossain gets into the national or A team even though they have much talent. That is, they work hard and players like Al Shahriar and Mohammad Ashraful who have loads of talents, but they have no intention of working hard to succeed, so they perish or will perish in no time at all.

fwullah
August 22, 2002, 12:29 PM
having talent and knowing that talent exists among the players usually lifts the confidence up.

But in Bangladesh's case, it is a downfall rather than boosting the confidence knowing about talent.

I think that talent does not mean anything if the players do not have any intention of hard work.

This is why players like Sanwar Hossain gets into the national or A team even though they DON'Thave much talent. That is, they work hard and players like Al Shahriar and Mohammad Ashraful who have loads of talents, but they have no intention of working hard to succeed, so they perish or will perish in no time at all.

Mahmood
August 22, 2002, 01:00 PM
I will take those hard working low talent guys over those high talented lazy bums, anyday.

Pundit
August 22, 2002, 02:54 PM
Quote-

Some countries are just better at certain things than others. That is why India has its spinners, and the MRF keeps on firing blanks (given the investment behind it).

As for Bangladesh, they are beginning to find out that the above rule does not actually apply. They simply just are not good at anything. Barring a few, most of the players never appreciate the tremendous opportunity they are getting to actually accomplish something for themselves or their country. The sport organizers in the country, like most of the other organizers of anything else, are just musing over their agenda or busy throat cutting their peers. And their cricket fans, their ever so disgruntled cricket fans, just whine and whine, as though playing test cricket was the easiest thing next to flooding the Yamuna during Monsoon.

Orpheus
August 22, 2002, 03:46 PM
Thus, Bangladesh should not play test cricket.

HAHA:P;):D

[Edited on 22-8-2002 by Orpheus]