PDA

View Full Version : Gilchrist ponders ODI career

layperson
June 1, 2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/02/d70602041139.htm

Just after a breathtaking century that propelled Australia to their third successive World Cup victory, Adam Gilchrist is thinking about retiring from ODI's !!!! These players are all dignity personified. Even though he is getting old but he is still a matchwinner and performs at par if not better than the younger batsmen in his team. Still the man has the guts to think about retirement from ODI's even if it is to prolong his test career. I think there are many things the subcontinental players can learn from the Australians, not only their brand cricket. Gilchrist will in all probability walk out while he is still at this peak with his head held high unlike his predecessor Ian Helay who had a bit of a subcontinental trait in him in that he did not know when to leave. Unfortunately dignity is not something that can be taught and it is something you have to value as part of your personality. I sincerely hope our younger generation of cricketers have this trait in them unlike the older generations who try to hang in there by hook or by crook.

Nafi
June 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
Let him retire and he could become our batting and wicketkeeper coach :D he can also lend our batsmen some squashballs :lol:

Carte Blanche
June 1, 2007, 02:29 PM
*coughbasharcough*

Protic
June 1, 2007, 04:20 PM
Bashar actually retired INDIRECTLY from ODI's. I mean he knows..everybody knows ..if it wasnt for the captaincy he didnt had a spot in the ODI team. He gave away ODI captaincy ..so that sums it up..gave away his ODI spot..though he didnt retired and thats a good decision actually.. I mean what if he's form PUMPS UP all of a sudden?

Xavier
June 1, 2007, 04:58 PM
...then it will be Hayden's time.

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 12:48 AM
it'd be sad to see him go... squashballs or no squashballs.

MohammedC
June 2, 2007, 09:04 AM
And thats how great cricketer retire, Bashar should learn from them

Sovik
June 2, 2007, 04:17 PM
Will be another loss for cricket world

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 07:53 PM
Gilchrist is another Afridi, but more consistent and with a better technique. But in the game of six hitting, aggression, power and entertainment, none comes close to Afridi, second amgor Ashraful, and, perhaps AFTAB!!! :-p :D

mac
June 3, 2007, 02:25 AM
Gilchrist.....i'll miss him then...the only player now i respect in Australia for his behaviour.