PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafe Mortaza

TigerRoar
June 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
I would say he is in the top 10 fast bowlers in Asia at the moment.

What do you guys say? I think he is only behind the following:

1. Akhtar
2. Asif
3. Gul
4. Sami
5. Zaheer
6. Munaf
7. Sreesanth
8. Malinga
9. Vaas

I think our Mortaza is better than the likes of Fernando, Rana, Pathan.

Any thoughts?

Farhad
June 2, 2007, 10:42 AM
lol....Being in the top 10 fast bowlers in Asia is really not saying much. Each team usually has around 3. There are 4 teams from asia. That makes the total 12. :) And just in front of our other bowlers...We all already know hes better than our other pacers and the reserves for the other teams.....

TigerRoar
June 2, 2007, 10:44 AM
BD4eva...for a team like ours it is good we can at least claim top 10 bowler in Asia.

Look at our batsmen, they are not even top 25 in Asia.

Anyway, world cricket is mostly Asian teams, so being top 10 in Asia is not bad going for young Mash.

metallian
June 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
Mortaza is an all-rounder; he's not just a really good bowler but also a top class batsman. our mortaza is better than shoaib akhtar(for bowling+as a batsman)

Nafi
June 2, 2007, 10:54 AM
Mortaza is easily in the top 5 best pace bowlers of Asia

Look at our batsmen, they are not even top 25 in Asia.

If you mean record wise, then maybe, but otherwise that is complete RUBBISH! you have never seen the likes of Ashraful, Tamim and Shahraiar Nafis batting on full form.

Shafin
June 2, 2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome to BC.Enjoy your stay

The thread title is misleading,it should have been "Mashrafe's position in Asia" or something like that,please consider that in the future when you open threads.

On your thoughts,Zaheer,Munaf,Shreeshanth should be placed under Vaas,sami should be under themand maling should be at least at 7.

However,are you considering Pacers only?

TigerRoar
June 2, 2007, 10:57 AM
metallian...He has played a few good knocks. But I wont call him all rounder just yet. If he shows capacity to hang around in a difficult situation then he will be all rounder, otherwise hitting is not so hard and many tail enders can pull it off.

I will say he is a good medium pace bowler who is no mug with the bat.

Dont compare his value in the team to Shoaib in PK team just yet, my fellow Tiger fan :floor:

Scorpions
June 2, 2007, 10:57 AM
Mortaza might become one of the legendary allrounders in asia. You never know. I think he is already a legend in Bangladesh after his breathtaking performance last month.

Mash..all the way....

Kabir
June 2, 2007, 10:58 AM
BD4eva...for a team like ours it is good we can at least claim top 10 bowler in Asia.

Don't take me wrong, but that's exactly when we call "loser mentality".

Our team is in the process of gaining its momentum, and once it does that completely, Pakistan and India will be dood-bhaat. It's only Sri Lanka that it'll take BD team some time to top.

Just wait for another couple of years. :)

Nafi
:lol: this guy is PAK fan is disguise.

TigerRoar
Welcome to BC.Enjoy your stay

The thread title is misleading,it should have been "Mashrafe's position in Asia" or something like that,please consider that in the future when you open threads.

On your thoughts,Zaheer,Munaf,Shreeshanth should be placed under Vaas,sami should be under themand maling should be at least at 7.

However,are you considering Pacers only?

Thanks Shafin. I will make better posts next time.

I was only talking pacers and I did not rank the bowlers in my list. Just listed them. Otherwise I know Ind pace bowlers are below both Pak and SL bowlers.

TigerRoar
June 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
Don't take me wrong, but that's exactly when we call "loser mentality".

Our team is in the process of gaining its momentum, and once it does that completely, Pakistan and India will be dood-bhaat. It's only Sri Lanka that it'll take BD team some time to top.

Just wait for another couple of years. :)

Kabir...I have said the exact same thing in another thread asking for which team do BD fans support in Ind/Pak match.

In ODI, we will over take both in maybe few years.

Rabz
June 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
OMG!!!
this things are going really ridiculous here now...

rah
June 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
eazy, our masri is more betta yhan munaf, zaheer and sreesanth, but im not sure bout sami, and allround wise i fink he is da best there

Nafi
June 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
Yeh I cant think of an all-rounder in Asia better than Mash

TigerRoar
June 2, 2007, 11:17 AM
Are you guys talking about fast bowling all rounder or any all rounder in Asia?

I say following are better than Mash:

1. Razzaq
2. Pathan
3. Maharoof

All 3 have played long test innings which is the criteria for all rounder. Mash bowling is better than all 3, but batting is unproven so he has to rank below.

if include spinners also, then afridi, shoaib malik, jayasuriya are better in Asia than Mash.

Protic
June 2, 2007, 12:28 PM
Sreesanth , Munaf , Gul , Sami ? Better than Mashrafe?
LMFAO !!!!!!!!! Now you'll say Naved Ul Rana is a better leg spinner than Shane Warne..
HAHAHAHAHA!!

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 01:58 PM
Are you guys talking about fast bowling all rounder or any all rounder in Asia?

I say following are better than Mash:

1. Razzaq
2. Pathan
3. Maharoof

All 3 have played long test innings which is the criteria for all rounder. Mash bowling is better than all 3, but batting is unproven so he has to rank below.

if include spinners also, then afridi, shoaib malik, jayasuriya are better in Asia than Mash.

Wrong. Razzaq in his hey day cam bowl better than anyone in the world. Pathan isn't a better batsman than Mortaza.

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 02:00 PM
LMFAO !!!!!!!!! Now you'll say Naved Ul Rana is a better leg spinner than Shane Warne..
HAHAHAHAHA!!

These two were. Not currently. In bowling terms I am talking about.
Sami took 5-2 against NZL. Mashrafe took 6-26 against Zimbabwe.
No comparison there who is better. Sami at best is better than Akhtar.

jawaherul
June 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!

exactly !!! i was just thinking if he is joking or not .

well , in few years , mash is going to be the best pace bowler in asia , i think . right now , i would say ... ( among all bowlers )

1) muralidharan
2) vaas
3) asif
4) malinga
5) mashrafe
6) kumble
7) .... mmm ... may be shoaib

( a few months ago , i would have definitely kept irfan pathan there )

and no , sami is not at all better than akhter even in his best of the bests of days . sami bowls at one speed only and also has no swing . a good classical batsman should be very happy to face him and can score consistently 8 runs / over without taking much risk .

as an allrounder , mash is already the best .

Farhad
June 2, 2007, 03:32 PM

You cant just take one performance and take that as a reflection of their overall career performance. If that was the case, Jermaine Lawsons 6-3 against BD makes him the second best bowler of all time (those figures are)...Cricket is all about consistency...

Imtiazk
June 2, 2007, 03:32 PM
Just to give an incentive for your thoughts ! When Pakistan played Australia in October 1964 with six new caps, one Asif Iqbal came in at No.9 and the other opening bowler was a Majid Jahangir [ Khan ] coming in at No.10.

Ever since that 37 he scored against the West Indies in the World Cup, it is quite clear to me that some cricketer whom he respects has spoken to Murtaza and explained to him that technically there is nothing wrong with his batting. Murtaza plays with a straight bat as I have written often in here. Unlike Ashraful and Aftab, he appears to have listened to that advice.

I was privileged to watch his 70 and Ash's 67 in Dhaka last week. Ash's was brilliant but with high risk written all over it. Murtaza's was just class. The strokes went along the ground except when we lofted the bad balls straight for six. Only when Rasel came in, did he begin to play across the line eventually getting out in the process.

This , by the way, opens up the batting line up. I cannot see how Mashud can bat above Murtaza. If Mushfiq comes in, then this might enable us to pick a fifth bowler [ third seamer ]. A recent future team could be something like this:

Opener
Opener [ Any two from Nafis, Nafees, Tamim, Mehrab, Saleh ].
Saleh himself should consider this.
Aftab
Ashraful
Imran / Sakib
Mushfiq
Murtaza
Rafique
Shahadat
Enamul / Razzak
Rasel

Bruce Yardley thinks he can mentor Tamim to become a "test batsman" - his words [ very late in the evening! ].

Pundit
June 2, 2007, 04:30 PM
I was strongly for including Rasel in the WC ODI squad....but in the test team, not even by a considerable stretch of imagination. Only maybe in England.

BangladeshFan
June 2, 2007, 04:52 PM
Wrong. Razzaq in his hey day cam bowl better than anyone in the world. Pathan isn't a better batsman than Mortaza.

rajjak in his heyday is slightly better than a medium pacer. sami in his heyday can bowl quick thats all. way over rated pakistani, who cant deliver anything.

zahid
June 2, 2007, 05:33 PM
India never had any genuine Fast bowlers. They just suck.

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
rajjak in his heyday is slightly better than a medium pacer. sami in his heyday can bowl quick thats all. way over rated pakistani, who cant deliver anything.

Razzaq??? A medium pacer? Razzaq before 2003 could bowl at 92 mph...he is an outstanding bowler. Arguably the best ALL ROUNDER in the world.

Hai, Sami bowl quick and get 5 for 2 against New Zealand in ODI.

Please...don't humiliate yourself.

Mashrafe is a bright prospect, but if we ignore stats and pure bowling, Abdur Razzaq trumps Mortaza by a mile. He is ranked in the top 20 greatest bowlers of all time...by ICC.

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 05:39 PM
You cant just take one performance and take that as a reflection of their overall career performance. If that was the case, Jermaine Lawsons 6-3 against BD makes him the second best bowler of all time (those figures are)...Cricket is all about consistency...

Sami has gone down....but SERIOUSLY...If sami was nurtured properly, he'd be competing with Akhtar...you know it.

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 07:58 PM
exactly !!! i was just thinking if he is joking or not .

well , in few years , mash is going to be the best pace bowler in asia , i think . right now , i would say ... ( among all bowlers )

1) muralidharan
2) vaas
3) asif
4) malinga
5) mashrafe
6) kumble
7) .... mmm ... may be shoaib

( a few months ago , i would have definitely kept irfan pathan there )

and no , sami is not at all better than akhter even in his best of the bests of days . sami bowls at one speed only and also has no swing . a good classical batsman should be very happy to face him and can score consistently 8 runs / over without taking much risk .

as an allrounder , mash is already the best .

NEVER write of Abdur Razzaq.L-)

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 08:00 PM
PACE BOWLING:

1. Akhtar
2. Asif or Vaas
3. Gul/Mashrafe
4. Sami
5. Razzaq (at the moment...he's dipped terribly) im talking bout pak razzaq

Overall:
1. Murali
2. Akhtar
3. Vaas
4. Asif
5. Kumble (not as good as he was)

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 08:26 PM
different pacers possess different strengths and different areas of opportunity to improve in their game. in terms of overall impact on their team, only chaminda vaas comes close to our pagla. he has time and desire firmly on his side, and my gut tells me that his best is yet to come.

in terms of pace, the likes of shoaib akhtar, mohammad sami, lasith malinga, dilhara fernando, mohammad asif, our own shahadat hossain and possibly ashish nehra are likely to stay ahead of mash. in terms of everything else, the heart and soul of our team will give everyone a good run for their money if he can manage to stay healthy. 150 million prayers that he does.

Carte Blanche
June 2, 2007, 08:29 PM
Is he the best slogger of all fast bowlers in the world?

TigerRoar
June 2, 2007, 08:48 PM
Looks like our Bangla brothers are already overrating our players who have only achieved moderate success.

We dont want to go the India/Pak route of hyping our players and having egg in our faces when they flop, do we?

Farhad
June 2, 2007, 09:27 PM
Looks like our Bangla brothers are already overrating our players who have only achieved moderate success.

We dont want to go the India/Pak route of hyping our players and having egg in our faces when they flop, do we?

Nobodys hyping up players here. Mortaza is arguably our best and most valuable player. If someone calls him worse than every regular pacer from every other team, people feel the need to say something. You even put him below one of the reserve bowlers for India. Hes currently 19th in the world according to official cricket rankings. The only asian pacers hes behind in that list that you mentioned are: Vaas and Malinga. Saying he's better than some of the other regular bowlers in Asia is not exactly over-hyping if the official rankings say the same...

Trigger_Tiger
June 2, 2007, 10:06 PM

1. Akhtar
2. Asif
3. Gul
4. Sami
5. Zaheer
6. Munaf
7. Sreesanth
8. Malinga
9. Vaas

Any thoughts?

1. Vaas - Have not seen him never deliver what is required of him most of the time.
2. Malinga - A MENACE FOR ANY OPPOSITION!
3. Asif - Such a great potential, if only he would stop following Akhtar in *ahemz*!
4. Sami - Like his swing a lot!
5. Mortaza - Need I say anythong about him in BC?
6. Gul - I put him ahead of Akhtar because he isn't a "All show no go"
7. Akhtar - "All show no go" but better than the remaining three in this list
8. Munaf - I feel sorry for this poor fellow,another average Indian bowler who CAN be better.
9. Sreesanth - Err, good performance now, tomorrow, the day after, injury, good comeback, bad performance, out of the team, who is Sreesanth? - Has the potential to be another victim of the typical on/off Indian pacer story.
10 Zaheer - Zaheer WAS a wicket taker. Zaheer WAS good. We gifted him wickets, and to be honest, batsmen nowadays target him and succeed most of the time!

This is how I rate the bowlers.

Trigger_Tiger
June 2, 2007, 10:13 PM
Razzaq??? A medium pacer? Razzaq before 2003 could bowl at 92 mph...he is an outstanding bowler. Arguably the best ALL ROUNDER in the world.

Mashrafe is a bright prospect, but if we ignore stats and pure bowling, Abdur Razzaq trumps Mortaza by a mile. He is ranked in the top 20 greatest bowlers of all time...by ICC.

Hello brother Abdur Razzak is NOT a NOW bowler, we're talking purely about who is good NOW not overall or before!

And if you want to talk about all-rounders, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza NOW trumps Abdur Razzak by more than a mile :D!!!!!

Protic
June 2, 2007, 10:24 PM

Dude.. sami was good.. but not as good as mashrafe is now..and GUL? he was always medicore.

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 08:01 AM
Dude.. sami was good.. but not as good as mashrafe is now..and GUL? he was always medicore.

She tester aro Mashrafer cheye are bhalo. ODIete na.

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 08:02 AM

When Sami was good, he was damn damn damn damn good. But when he was bad, no other sight in cricket was worse than him.
Mashrafe has two phases; good and consistent. He is never over-exciting or super-excellent.

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hello brother Abdur Razzak is NOT a NOW bowler, we're talking purely about who is good NOW not overall or before!

And if you want to talk about all-rounders, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza NOW trumps Abdur Razzak by more than a mile :D!!!!!

If you put it that way yes, but overall;
talent
performance
bowling
batting - VERY few can beat a razzaq.

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 08:08 AM
1. Vaas - Have not seen him never deliver what is required of him most of the time.
2. Malinga - A MENACE FOR ANY OPPOSITION!
3. Asif - Such a great potential, if only he would stop following Akhtar in *ahemz*!
4. Sami - Like his swing a lot!
5. Mortaza - Need I say anythong about him in BC?
6. Gul - I put him ahead of Akhtar because he isn't a "All show no go"
7. Akhtar - "All show no go" but better than the remaining three in this list
8. Munaf - I feel sorry for this poor fellow,another average Indian bowler who CAN be better.
9. Sreesanth - Err, good performance now, tomorrow, the day after, injury, good comeback, bad performance, out of the team, who is Sreesanth? - Has the potential to be another victim of the typical on/off Indian pacer story.
10 Zaheer - Zaheer WAS a wicket taker. Zaheer WAS good. We gifted him wickets, and to be honest, batsmen nowadays target him and succeed most of the time!

This is how I rate the bowlers.

Few good performances and Malinga is a menace!!!! 4 wickets in 4, might i remind you that only one was a good batsman and the rest were lucky..who is andre nel in batting??
Malinga has NOTHING over Akhtar on song. Malinga fails to average below 30; and he barely took a wicket in Pak series.

Akhtar was a bit of show; 4-38 after such a long layoff; wow. He couldve ended up with more. All malinga has in his stock is a bouncer and a yorker (with low gravity). Akhtar kills him in both.

Asif is perhaps the best McGrath lookalike bowler in the world.
He has taken over 50 wickets in 9 tests at 20. He has capitalised.

Sami can't swing it! He can cut it.

Sreesanth is crap, Zaheer is a flop. Pathan was good, now he has gone so crap. Mortaza is after the pak bowlers (better than gul however, and maybe sami now).

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 08:09 AM
BHAYRA, Amra jeno beshi khushi na hoi. Mone rakben:

Mashrafe Tests: 38 (bowling)
12 (Batting)
Now way near an all rounder.

Miraz
June 3, 2007, 08:10 AM
Here's two innings from batsman Mashrafe Mortaza, any batsman of the world would love to play those shots

Match saving 67 in Chittagong

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_W64j-aHnFU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_W64j-aHnFU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And 70 from 68 in Dhaka

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ixz4qa0drpo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ixz4qa0drpo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And here's 5 sixes by Mashrafe

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Chy5sAaRct0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Chy5sAaRct0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 08:14 AM
Miraz bhai, those are beautiful shots; but even Harmison plays shots that many 50+ batsman would dream of. But I am taking nothing away from him; but some here are seeing him as some sort of Sobers; which he is not.

jawaherul
June 3, 2007, 11:06 AM
sami is not a good bowler and he will never be . good pace does not ensure good fast bowler . sami has absolutely zero variation . it seems like you are a pakistani fan . you better look at wasim akram and then sami . wasim akram had always had lots variation of his deliveries up his sleeve . all 6 deliveries would have been different . i can recall once he , in his 1st over in an odi against aussi , almost put gilchrist to cry and on his sixth delivery , gilchrist was out and was then down his knees staring blank and thinking what he could have done . on the other hand , sami has only one delivery . fast bowl just incoming a bit with the angle . any class batsman like ponting , lara , inzamam or dravid would put those rubbish away to the fence in no time if he wants to . for his bowling action , i believe , he would never be able to either bowl a slower delivery or swing it both way . he also has miserable control over his line and length .

yeah abdul razzaq ( it's abdul razzaq , not abdur razzaq ) used to bowl very decently earlier . he used to surprise the batsmen with a sudden increase in his pace in between normal paced deliveries and also had a good in-cutter . he still has that in-cutter but as a bowler , he is not that frightening now .

how much , mash will go , time will tell . but right now , on the basis of form , control , consistency , percentage of wicket-taking and unplayable deliveries and probably potential and talent , he is by distance better than abdul razzaq and sami is no comparison to him .

Sadz
June 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
I dont think it is proving his worth much being hte tenth in asia never mind the rest of the cricketing world. There are teams with the calibre of Aussies, New Zealnd, South Afric etc. Mortaza is much better than tenth in Asia if your not counting previous records.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 02:00 PM

12 (Batting)

Is one of the more correct posts in this thread.

However, that bowling average of his has been impacted negatively by several factors. Injuries, a lack of support from the rest of the attack and being given his debut too much earlier than it would have been ideal to being among them.

Protic
June 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
How about an year of NO TESTS ? affecting the rankings..eh?
Anyway i just had to say a thing..when people thinks Sreesanth,Munaf,GUL ..they are better than Mashrafe.. =) they must be dreaming.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 02:26 PM
How about an year of NO TESTS ? affecting the rankings..eh?
Anyway i just had to say a thing..when people thinks Sreesanth,Munaf,GUL ..they are better than Mashrafe.. =) they must be dreaming.

Gul is an excellent bowler and would make almost any team in the world.

I wouldn't be so ready to announce Mash as a better bowler than him (at this stage) and am a bit taken aback at the way people have been rubbishing him.

The other two you've mentioned obviously don't hold a candle to Mash.

Protic
June 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
Gul is an excellent bowler and would make almost any team in the world.

I wouldn't be so ready to announce Mash as a better bowler than him (at this stage) and am a bit taken aback at the way people have been rubbishing him.

The other two you've mentioned obviously don't hold a candle to Mash.

Fair enough man.. atleast we agree on Munaf and Sreesanth
For gul.. he doesnt go with my team.. I mean his records says so.
He didnt do anything better than what Sami,Asif,Akhter did for Pakistan. Leaving Wasim and Waqar alone.

Imtiazk
June 3, 2007, 02:35 PM
I do not want to get into this debate about who is better than whom. But just a point: remember Murtaza and [ also ] Rafique are handicapped to some degree as we bowl only one innings usually in tests.

BangladeshFan
June 3, 2007, 03:07 PM

92 mph? in your dream probably. and ranked among the top 20 of ICC's greatest bowlers? :floor: atleast you had the decency about saying "arguably". mashrafi can shake up the indian top order (and just so that you know, indian batsmen are the "fathers" of pakistani batsmen) which rajjak can only do in his dreams.

your sami is the most over rated in the world. no where near akhter, he strays all over the place. its not just speed, there are lot other things in fast bowling. dude how long do u watch/play cricket?

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 05:01 PM
92 mph? in your dream probably. and ranked among the top 20 of ICC's greatest bowlers? :floor: atleast you had the decency about saying "arguably". mashrafi can shake up the indian top order (and just so that you know, indian batsmen are the "fathers" of pakistani batsmen) which rajjak can only do in his dreams.

your sami is the most over rated in the world. no where near akhter, he strays all over the place. its not just speed, there are lot other things in fast bowling. dude how long do u watch/play cricket?

Dude, I am not saying Sami is Marshall; just that Mortaza is not there yet...Mortazas bowling hasn't been better than Shahdat. Razzak in his day 1999-2003 was fantastic.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 05:16 PM
Mortaza is certainly a far more accomplished bowler than Shahadat at this stage.

Razzak was indeed an excellent bowler and you're right in saying that he's never performed at the level that Razzak did during the period you specified, but I've got no doubt he's about to get there pretty soon.

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 08:18 PM

1. Akhtar
2. Asif
3. Gul
4. Sami
5. Zaheer
6. Munaf
7. Sreesanth
8. Malinga
9. Vaas

Any thoughts?

If I were to vote today I'd put Mash on #2 or #3.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 11:29 PM
Miraz bhai, those are beautiful shots; but even Harmison plays shots that many 50+ batsman would dream of. But I am taking nothing away from him; but some here are seeing him as some sort of Sobers; which he is not.

no he doesn't.

no one's seeing him as anything other than the first real all-rounder prospect we've had in our brief history at this level. he'll develop in his own time and only time will tell how he'll compare to others.

take a little pride in who we are bro, those roots can only make us stronger.

Trigger_Tiger
June 3, 2007, 11:36 PM
Few good performances and Malinga is a menace!!!! 4 wickets in 4, might i remind you that only one was a good batsman and the rest were lucky..who is andre nel in batting??
Malinga has NOTHING over Akhtar on song. Malinga fails to average below 30; and he barely took a wicket in Pak series.

Akhtar was a bit of show; 4-38 after such a long layoff; wow. He couldve ended up with more. All malinga has in his stock is a bouncer and a yorker (with low gravity). Akhtar kills him in both.

Asif is perhaps the best McGrath lookalike bowler in the world.
He has taken over 50 wickets in 9 tests at 20. He has capitalised.

Sami can't swing it! He can cut it.

Sreesanth is crap, Zaheer is a flop. Pathan was good, now he has gone so crap. Mortaza is after the pak bowlers (better than gul however, and maybe sami now).

Bring back Akhtar and I would like to see him rip through most attacks as consitently as Malinga is doing now. I repeat, this thread was opened to talke about the NOW and not the THEN!

If you are so tenaciously going to be lamely argumentative about Abdur Razzak's THEN NOW, you might as well keep it to yourself for most of us will not budge a bit :)!

Oh, I do not follow Pak cricket as much, but the last time I saw Sami he did swing the ball (all bowlers do, some more, some less), so that may have been my instance of seeing him swing. And please, if you would look closely, the Indian bowlers are crap, the Sri Lankan pacers are pretty darn good, the Bangladeshis are right up there.....almost (Shahadat NEEDS to learn the art of VARIATION! And Rasel needs some pace!), the Pakistani bowlers now are decent.....they can never be as good as they were once, so to argue about how THEN bowlers are great NOW is pretty unnecessary, uless of course may I ask....."How did you like that sea food dish that you had 3 years ago? Doesn't it beat the one you had now by a mile :D?"

P.S. Take no offense to the nature of my posts, I just cannot deal with THEN and NOW and NOW and THEN.....uff! Grr :hairpull:!!!!!

Trigger_Tiger
June 3, 2007, 11:39 PM

12 (Batting)

Yes no way by the record books, but this is his beginning. He is considered an allrounder in Asia now. Some may object, tbut majority won't.....there were others who would have gotten that call to replace "mighty" Shoeb but it was Mortaza not just because of his bowling but also because of his batting!

You are hence, again mixing the THEN with the NOW!

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:15 PM
no he doesn't.

no one's seeing him as anything other than the first real all-rounder prospect we've had in our brief history at this level. he'll develop in his own time and only time will tell how he'll compare to others.

take a little pride in who we are bro, those roots can only make us stronger.

Bhai, ami oththanto khushi Mashrafe emon player, but, some people here are giving impression that he is already an Imran...

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:16 PM
Yes no way by the record books, but this is his beginning. He is considered an allrounder in Asia now. Some may object, tbut majority won't.....there were others who would have gotten that call to replace "mighty" Shoeb but it was Mortaza not just because of his bowling but also because of his batting!

You are hence, again mixing the THEN with the NOW!

Lol...now is form...form isn't talent, form isn't class, form isn't greatnesst. By bangladesh and subcontient standards, amader Kaushik one of the best; international....long way to go yet.

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
Bring back Akhtar and I would like to see him rip through most attacks as consitently as Malinga is doing now. I repeat, this thread was opened to talke about the NOW and not the THEN!

If you are so tenaciously going to be lamely argumentative about Abdur Razzak's THEN NOW, you might as well keep it to yourself for most of us will not budge a bit :)!

Oh, I do not follow Pak cricket as much, but the last time I saw Sami he did swing the ball (all bowlers do, some more, some less), so that may have been my instance of seeing him swing. And please, if you would look closely, the Indian bowlers are crap, the Sri Lankan pacers are pretty darn good, the Bangladeshis are right up there.....almost (Shahadat NEEDS to learn the art of VARIATION! And Rasel needs some pace!), the Pakistani bowlers now are decent.....they can never be as good as they were once, so to argue about how THEN bowlers are great NOW is pretty unnecessary, uless of course may I ask....."How did you like that sea food dish that you had 3 years ago? Doesn't it beat the one you had now by a mile :D?"

P.S. Take no offense to the nature of my posts, I just cannot deal with THEN and NOW and NOW and THEN.....uff! Grr :hairpull:!!!!!

Akhtar demolished England in his last odi....
Akhtar demolished SAF for the innings he played...
Malinga cannot rip through attacks consistently, odd spell or two...infact, when was the last time? Saf tailend and NZL and a bit of Windies.

Akhtar mercilessly destroyed Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar etc. in his test debut. I am not juding by one ball, but shoaib still can and will penetrate attacks better than malinga no brainer.

Rasel needs no pace, he wont get as much wickets, only more 5 miles an hour to make him 80 mph, no more.
And Shahadat needs pace consistency. He is quick, kintu money how jemon, overay 1 ball 87 mph, are baki gulo 75-82. slow coach.

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
Akhtar demolished England in his last odi....
Akhtar demolished SAF for the innings he played...
Malinga cannot rip through attacks consistently, odd spell or two...infact, when was the last time? Saf tailend and NZL and a bit of Windies.

Akhtar mercilessly destroyed Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar etc. in his test debut. I am not juding by one ball, but shoaib still can and will penetrate attacks better than malinga no brainer.

Rasel needs no pace, he wont get as much wickets, only more 5 miles an hour to make him 80 mph, no more.
And Shahadat needs pace consistency. He is quick, kintu money how jemon, overay 1 ball 87 mph, are baki gulo 75-82. slow coach.

So you're saying pace is everything? Hah!

Well Shoeb was great.....Shoeb is good now, but what use is it to have a bowler who is playing one game, then staying out of the team for prolonged period of time due to injuries (can't blame him for that htough), media scandals, doping and all team politics?

I thought he was a cricketer first and an ego-machine celebrity after L-).....that is where his ranking goes down.....if you can't be in the game, why consider?

Just watch Malinga and see how he does.....trust me.....the kind of bowler he is, he can either learn the craft and become a Chaminda Vaas, which would only lead the way up for him, or he can be a downer and the batsmen around the world can figure hi out and that will be the end of him.

The faster you bowl the more energy you lose. Do you think Shadat cannot rip out a 92mph or so? If Mashrafe could still pull off 90.5 Shahadat can too. It's just that pace is not the utmost main factor as long as there is decent pace in the balls being bolwed. And sorry to disappoint you but Shahadat bowls more around the 178-180 kph mark. The 175s or less that you see would have to be the pace variation.

As for Rasel, he is not the kind of bowler who would rip through. He is the opposite of what we define "fast bowlers" to be. While most fasties would trouble the batsmen with their speed, Rasel would trouble with his slowness.....when in line he can be pretty economical. He was one of the most economical pacers in the WC 2007.

A good bowler to have in any ODI team. And mind you he does take wickets.....but his primary job is to squeeze out the runs.

P.S. Wish Asif could be rid off the doping problem.

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 06:47 PM
Oh, SW one more thing.....if and ever Shoeb comes back soon and bowls really good, as good as you say he still is and as good as he was before (which I DO agree to), I shall stand firm by him as well :up:!!!!!

YellowRose
June 4, 2007, 06:54 PM

1. Akhtar
2. Asif
3. Gul
4. Sami
5. Zaheer
6. Munaf
7. Sreesanth
8. Malinga
9. Vaas

Any thoughts?

i think speed wise he is better than munaf and vass.

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 12:38 PM
I think this last match pretty much settled it. He had the best figures of all the asian bowlers...

Hatebreed
June 5, 2007, 12:48 PM
Here's two innings from batsman Mashrafe Mortaza, any batsman of the world would love to play those shots

Match saving 67 in Chittagong

<object height="350" width="425">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_W64j-aHnFU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

I can see a goru in this video! Hambaa!

Ahg984
June 5, 2007, 01:03 PM
can't rate him definitively from a single match (and a 20/20 at that). Lets see how he does in the upcoming ODIs.

SideWinder
June 5, 2007, 02:52 PM
So you're saying pace is everything? Hah!

Well Shoeb was great.....Shoeb is good now, but what use is it to have a bowler who is playing one game, then staying out of the team for prolonged period of time due to injuries (can't blame him for that htough), media scandals, doping and all team politics?

I thought he was a cricketer first and an ego-machine celebrity after L-).....that is where his ranking goes down.....if you can't be in the game, why consider?

Just watch Malinga and see how he does.....trust me.....the kind of bowler he is, he can either learn the craft and become a Chaminda Vaas, which would only lead the way up for him, or he can be a downer and the batsmen around the world can figure hi out and that will be the end of him.

The faster you bowl the more energy you lose. Do you think Shadat cannot rip out a 92mph or so? If Mashrafe could still pull off 90.5 Shahadat can too. It's just that pace is not the utmost main factor as long as there is decent pace in the balls being bolwed. And sorry to disappoint you but Shahadat bowls more around the 178-180 kph mark. The 175s or less that you see would have to be the pace variation.

As for Rasel, he is not the kind of bowler who would rip through. He is the opposite of what we define "fast bowlers" to be. While most fasties would trouble the batsmen with their speed, Rasel would trouble with his slowness.....when in line he can be pretty economical. He was one of the most economical pacers in the WC 2007.

A good bowler to have in any ODI team. And mind you he does take wickets.....but his primary job is to squeeze out the runs.

P.S. Wish Asif could be rid off the doping problem.

I SAID RASEL NEEDS NO PACE, AND YOU ARE RATTLING ON ABOUT PACE...
Shahadat 175 to 180 ks? Maybe the speed were his arm rips out of his sockets. Thats...110 mph+, Shahadat, ar ki bolen? Belimer strike rate 300shor upore? L-) L-) L-) L-) L-) L-)
Lol, Shoaiber dush na prothom point, so point demolished and decimated; hence, he is still great.

You are higlighting discrepancies that aren't existing....pace should be used where the bowler can utilise. if shahdat was 95mph+, he wouldn#t be able to control it. shoaib is fine with his pace...in fact SHOAIB GOT ALL THOSE 4 WICKETS BOWLING AT 140KPH!!!!!!!!!

bhai just stop

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 03:08 PM
I SAID RASEL NEEDS NO PACE, AND YOU ARE RATTLING ON ABOUT PACE...
Shahadat 175 to 180 ks? Maybe the speed were his arm rips out of his sockets. Thats...110 mph+, Shahadat, ar ki bolen? Belimer strike rate 300shor upore? L-) L-) L-) L-) L-) L-)
Lol, Shoaiber dush na prothom point, so point demolished and decimated; hence, he is still great.

You are higlighting discrepancies that aren't existing....pace should be used where the bowler can utilise. if shahdat was 95mph+, he wouldn#t be able to control it. shoaib is fine with his pace...in fact SHOAIB GOT ALL THOSE 4 WICKETS BOWLING AT 140KPH!!!!!!!!!

bhai just stop

Meh.....typeo 78-80 mph :-p.

Oh Shoeb can control the pace for 3 overs or so with great stamina after which he has to repetedly go off the field to get some water, or take some rest and so on.....not the kind of bowler I would like to have if on a day he cannot deliver and he is my main strike bowler :)!!!!!

And I never said you thought Rasel needed pace. I said Rasel needs pace.....at least another 5 mph at times would do him a world of good.

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 03:10 PM

Beyond anything, he needs some bit of variation in the longer version of the game too added with some consistent pace as you mentioned :up: :flag:!!!!!

DJ Sahastra
June 5, 2007, 03:14 PM
With all due respect to the young lad (who also happens to be a very promising prospect), i ill wait for masharfe to get his first 5-wicket haul in an inning, his first 8 wicket haul in a match and an average of under 35 , or his first opponent-crushing haul (Say, a 3-wicket burst that leaves the opposition in shambles), before clubbing him anywhere in the league of formidable bowlers mentioned in any list.

Until then, he remains a promise.

Likes of Vaas, Shoaib, Asif, Gul, for that matter, even Zaheer and Sreesanth, stay in a different league until then as far as bowling goes.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2007, 03:27 PM

2. Asif
8. Malinga
9. Vaas

Any thoughts?
He is in the top 4 in my list.

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 03:58 PM
or his first opponent-crushing haul (Say, a 3-wicket burst that leaves the opposition in shambles

WC '07
Ind vs. Ban
March 17th, 2007

Bowler
Mashrafe Mortaza

Overs
Maidens
Runs
Wickets
Extras
(2w)

He came, he saw, and he left India in shambles :) :flag:!!!!!

Russell2k7
June 5, 2007, 03:59 PM
Lol Tigers TI, I forget if it was part of that 5 wicket in 2 runs mantra?

DJ Sahastra
June 5, 2007, 04:14 PM
I forgot to mention - I was talking Test Cricket. :)

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 04:16 PM
All i can say is that Sreesanth and Munaf do NOT belong in that list...

Russell2k7
June 5, 2007, 04:23 PM
Isnt Zaheer and Ajit better than Sree and Munaf?

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 04:39 PM
I forgot to mention - I was talking Test Cricket. :)

Give Bangladesh more tests and he will perform I'm sure :).....hopefully his gem-time is right around the corner as most sense it :D!!!!!

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 04:42 PM

Thats my point. Sree and Munaf are simply overrated....

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 04:44 PM

Zaheer lost his sting and Ajit is nowhere near to being as mediocre he once was!
Munaf CAN become a good bowler and Sreesanth has the zest in him but just cannot get his line right it seems. He overdoes everything. Needs to keep it more simple. We saw it in todays match as well.
I actually like Sreesanth.....well.....er.....kinda.....can be a very good bowler under a good bowling coach :)!

Mash kept it simple and got the prizes today! As the Great Michael Holding has said time and again - "The key to good fast bowling is keeping it simple."

Once someone can do that, and become a good bowler, they can further enhance their capabilities by adding swing, pace and all the other available ingredients available to a fast bowler!

Glenn was a Gem.....:(!!!!!