PDA

View Full Version : Player Salaries Increased by BCB

Shafin
June 2, 2007, 12:26 PM
The Board has decided to raise the salary of contracted players of all grades by 20 percent.

It was also decided that the cricketers selected for the A Team would get 50 percent of the match fees designated for a full international player. For the Bangladesh Under 19 Team players the match fee amount will be 25 percent of a full international cricketer.

source
http://tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=385

A good move by BCB.When Dav was given 2nd time appointment,the salaries were increased,so new agreement means increase in salary,as it looks like.

Protic
June 2, 2007, 12:40 PM
Thats an excellent move! Cricket is their living..and ofcourse.. money is everyones need..it will help our players to focus on the game more.
Im glad about the A team and U19 team situation aswell.. :D
So many positive moves at a time. Now positive results in Afro-Asia cup and SL tour for us to follow..inshallah.

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 12:46 PM
great move.

cricket_dorshok
June 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
a good move!

sar2005
June 2, 2007, 12:52 PM
Good for our Cricket. Hope to see many more professional cricketers in the list in coming days.

Kabir
June 2, 2007, 01:39 PM
BCB has announced increase in players' salaries. Any info on their current salaries?

In my opinion, this is one of the best moves they have made recently. More attention needs to be paid to the NCL teams.

Players’ salary increased

The Board has decided to raise the salary of contracted players of all grades by 20 percent.

It was also decided that the cricketers selected for the A Team would get 50 percent of the match fees designated for a full international player. For the Bangladesh Under 19 Team players the match fee amount will be 25 percent of a full international cricketer.Source: TigerCricket (http://tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=385)

Nafi
June 2, 2007, 01:41 PM
Thank God

Kabir
June 2, 2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for merging the threads. Didn't notice this one before...sorry :)

Shafin bhai beat me to it again :hairpull:

abdulw11
June 2, 2007, 01:42 PM
Excellent move. Good to see Bangladesh cricket moving in a positive direction.

abdulw11
June 2, 2007, 01:43 PM
Shafin bhai beat me to it again :hairpull:

By a good hour, too. :-p

Farhad
June 2, 2007, 03:40 PM
Great news...

rah
June 2, 2007, 03:44 PM
very very good news for our cricket

Sovik
June 2, 2007, 04:20 PM
they should start paying all those players who plays in national cricket league

Antora
June 2, 2007, 07:37 PM
wow.. bcb ki holo??? eto bhalo bhalo decisions???
anywayz great move!!!!!!!

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 08:06 PM

hear, hear.

Carte Blanche
June 2, 2007, 08:42 PM
So does anyone know how much they earn now?

Alien
June 2, 2007, 08:47 PM
So does anyone know how much they earn now?

Isn't that confidential?

cricket_king
June 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
Hey wait.....does that mean that the A team and Under 19s team lose 50% and 25% of their earnings? :confused:

Luvlee_nik
June 2, 2007, 10:26 PM
OMG!!!! my brother wanted to play for bangladesh but the pay check changed his mind!!omg!!! cool!

Shafin
June 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
Hey wait.....does that mean that the A team and Under 19s team lose 50% and 25% of their earnings? :confused:
got it totally wrong

yaseer
June 3, 2007, 12:31 AM
the thing i liked most is that "A" team players will get 50% and u-19 will get 25% of international salaries......it will encourage them.

What i also want to see......BCB iclude 1st class players (who plays NCL) under salaries also.....if not possible.....they can increase the match fees of the players of NCL.....it will encourage players to play there.......make the league very competitive, which is necessary.....Players who will be in the winning side in the NCL...should get more money.....anything to make NCL competitive.

chamboy
June 3, 2007, 02:58 AM
Good move by cricket board. Our players should give their 100% now as we know money is good motivator. LOL...........

mij
June 3, 2007, 05:43 AM
Another good news.

cricket_king
June 3, 2007, 06:05 AM
got it totally wrong

Oh great explanation there mate. Hats off to you :waiting:

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 06:31 AM
What i also want to see......BCB iclude 1st class players (who plays NCL) under salaries also.....if not possible.....they can increase the match fees of the players of NCL.....it will encourage players to play there.......make the league very competitive, which is necessary.....Players who will be in the winning side in the NCL...should get more money.....anything to make NCL competitive.

Yep, we need to ensure that the salaries in NCL are higher than those on offer from the clubs.

The seasons may not overlap, but eventually it'd be nice to have a first-class structure full of full time cricketers.

BanCricFan
June 3, 2007, 06:36 AM

Right on the money! Hear, hear! (Sohel esq)

Improvement in all aspects of the NCL is a must for BD cricket!

Rabz
June 3, 2007, 08:38 AM
Well..its about time...
with all millions they got from playing in the world cup..and the record tv deal...
BCB was literally floating on cash...

Needs to serve the money where it matters the most.
Nonetheless, certainly deserves a kudos on the good decision.

Electrequiem
June 3, 2007, 10:23 PM
Ahh ... Money. A raise works great, most of the time.