PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful's Reaction

Shafin
June 2, 2007, 01:59 PM
Ashraful relishes new challenge
Staff Correspondent

Mohammad Ashraful is determined to carry out his duties with precision, the batsman said minutes after the Bangladesh Cricket Board appointed him as the new national captain.
‘Definitely it is a great honour to be the national captain, I am confident of discharging my responsibilities with my best effort,’ said the talented batsman.
‘It’s a challenging job, but I always loved to take the challenges in my career,’ he said adding that the job was nothing unexpected to him.
‘Yes, I was prepared mentally to get the appointment. It’s a dream come true,’ said Ashraful.
The dashing batsman has captained a number of local teams like Sonargaon Cricketers in the Premier League, Dhaka Division in the National League and the BCB XI on a tour of India. ‘Captaincy is nothing new to me as I led a number of teams at the domestic level. Though international fixture is different…I have been through it for a long time also,’ said the new skipper.
Ashraful will be leading his team to Sri Lanka where he had debuted in Test cricket rocking the cricket world. He scored a century to hold the record of the youngest centurion in the history of Test cricket. The fact that he is going to be debuted as captain in Sri Lanka, Ashraful said it is an added motivation for him.
‘Yes, I look forward with confidence to add more successes in my book, Sri Lanka is my lucky ground, let’s hope for the best to come both as a batsman and as the captain,’ said the ace middle-order.
With Ashraful at the helm, pace star Mashrafee bin Murtaza will be taking the field as his deputy. Ashraful has compliments for him. ‘He is one of best performers of the team, finding him beside me would be an added inspiration,’ concluded the new Bangladesh skipper.

Looks Like He is confident.

chowdhurynaheed
June 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
ok good

rah
June 2, 2007, 03:44 PM
he is a confident chap

mof
June 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
My best wishes for ASH-MASH. We have good days coming. Lotz of good players are in making and some of them apparently have the potential to take leadership e.g. Rahim. Good leaders can be made, they are not necessarily born leaders. Now that we have taken the decision, we should have guts to support it for a period. It would be interesting to know Shahriar Nafiz's reaction!

Murad
June 2, 2007, 07:19 PM

Antora
June 2, 2007, 07:22 PM
confident captain....... exactly wat I wanted.. go ash make us proud!!!!!!

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 08:48 PM
he CAN and he WILL, INSHALLAH !

cricket_king
June 2, 2007, 08:56 PM
Go Ash And Mash! Go Hard Lads!

Warlock
June 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
He is the best we have got. I am with him whatever the results are. It is time that the fans whowed some loyalty to the team and the skipper.

Dhakablues
June 2, 2007, 11:24 PM
The only part I regret is we lost our favorite piñata..

ialbd
June 2, 2007, 11:26 PM
cool & confident, I hope he remains this sharp....

Mahir
June 3, 2007, 01:43 AM
I must say NewAgeBD did a terrific job in translating Ash's comments. No added sugar-coatings. Also, notice the number and variety of adjectives they used to refer to our God-like batting genius cum new Captain :)

mac
June 3, 2007, 02:02 AM
Lets hope for the best ASH....

BANFAN
June 3, 2007, 02:09 AM
Good, matured statement.......... All the best..... to the new captain.
Congrats to BCB for removing Basher

BD-Shardul
June 3, 2007, 04:52 AM
Here is Jugantor's Interview of ASH:

http://www.dailyjugantor.com/

rubel_18
June 3, 2007, 05:24 AM
Come on Ash & Mash make us proud and best of luck with your new roles

BonBon
June 3, 2007, 07:03 AM
The only part I regret is we lost our favorite piñata..

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

man! you are cool!!