PDA

View Full Version : We will miss you Habibul

Omio
June 2, 2007, 04:34 PM
Habibul was the best captain ever in Bangladesh cricket. All of the famous victory came on his time.
And still I think he can play more 4 years on test cricket but sorry to say that it depends on our selector who havnt done their job properly.
I still remember they didnt take Ash in the team before WC aganist Zim.They can do anything if they want.

Finaly great wish for Ash and Mash.

Fahmid
June 2, 2007, 04:42 PM
I hope he does well as a player. I still think he can offer a lot to BD cricket.

MohammedC
June 2, 2007, 04:47 PM
I feel sorry for Bashar, he should have retired from international cricket before BCB booted him out of captaincy.

Zunaid
June 2, 2007, 05:01 PM
I feel sorry for Bashar, he should have retired from international cricket before BCB booted him out of captaincy.

Nope. He still has a lot to offer as a Test batsman. He never was an ODI batsman and was only there in the ODI team by virtue of being the only one able to provide a leadership cover (and not necessarily for his captaincy acumen). His place in the Test team should not be in question. His captaincy, yes and it was. Now let us see the blip we saw in the most recent Test series is exactly that, a blip, or the precursor to the slowing of an aging body.

AsifTheManRahman
June 2, 2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah he still has a lot to offer as a test batsman. For now, though, a small break wouldn't hurt, just so that he can go back to domestic cricket and gain some of the lost confidence back.

As for ODI's, he was never really very impressive with the bat, until recently (second half of 2005 and the entire 2006), but again looked totally out of sorts against decent opposition.

zahid
June 2, 2007, 05:21 PM
I think his time for Cricket has finished. He has become old.

MohammedC
June 2, 2007, 05:28 PM
Nope. He still has a lot to offer as a Test batsman. He never was an ODI batsman and was only there in the ODI team by virtue of being the only one able to provide a leadership cover (and not necessarily for his captaincy acumen). His place in the Test team should not be in question. His captaincy, yes and it was. Now let us see the blip we saw in the most recent Test series is exactly that, a blip, or the precursor to the slowing of an aging body.

I hope you are right.

qwert
June 2, 2007, 05:36 PM
Well you been a good captain habibul, we will miss you.

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 05:41 PM
He is and was our greatest ever Testi. He has over 25 Test 1/2 Centuries two his name. DO NOT forget that. He is our most consistent batsman ever and averaged 40-45 at some point. He would still...He still averages 38. Remarkable. Bashar is the magnificent one.

Nocturnal
June 2, 2007, 05:55 PM
I'm not going to miss Bashar as a captain or being an ODI player. And I'm pretty sure he will play test cricket, so there is no point of missing him.

Miraz
June 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
I'm not going to miss Bashar as a captain or being an ODI player. And I'm pretty sure he will play test cricket, so there is no point of missing him.

Ditto.

Fortuner
June 2, 2007, 06:22 PM
wont say bashr is technically a gud captain but yes he had motivated the players in team n things like dat.
some wins bahsr was gr8.
honestly i dnt think i will miss him coz his performance was so pathetic and lately he realised to step dwn.
nywaz!

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 07:23 PM
I'm not going to miss Bashar as a captain

I will. No matter how many faults; that man tried his best. For that, amra gorib, shadharon ar boro pran ala, we are happy. Thank you Habibul Bashar Shuman. :clap: :clap: :applause:

Farhad
June 2, 2007, 07:33 PM
I was dreading opening this thread because i was sure that thered be a boatload of Bashar bashing going on...Gotta say. Am impressed.

Ill miss Habib too. He's always the first one who comes to my mind when i think of the BD team. Not to say hes not gonna be anymore because he most certainly is. But sadly, the way things are going, it shouldnt be too long...

Zunaid
June 2, 2007, 07:37 PM
I was dreading opening this thread because i was sure that thered be a boatload of Bashar bashing going on...Gotta say. Am impressed.

Now that the recent series is over, the knee-jerkers, ADD compromised fair-weather fans have gone back into the woodwork. We are left with more contemplative fans who can see the good, the bad, the ugly as well as the beautiful.

Murad
June 2, 2007, 07:48 PM
He is and was our greatest ever Testi. He has over 25 Test 1/2 Centuries two his name. DO NOT forget that. He is our most consistent batsman ever and averaged 40-45 at some point. He would still...He still averages 38. Remarkable. Bashar is the magnificent one.

his average is 33 now..

SideWinder
June 2, 2007, 07:56 PM
his average is 33 now..

What about Ashraful? Exactly. Even when BD were crapper Bashar averaged more. Btw, I am not saying Bashar is a better batsman than Ashraful; maybe in pulling himself together and saving team.

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 07:58 PM
"bashing the bash" got way too personal at one stage... our passion combined with his defensive and rather blasé attitude with regards to the naked facts on the pitch, brought out the very worst in all of us. i apologize to Quazi Habibul Bashar Sumon, our winningest captain to date, on behalf of my entire family, including my 80-year old grandmother and 4-year old niece. as a fan of bangladesh cricket who is more than happy to die as one, i'll forever cherish those three test centuries, and have gladly forgiven the dodgy fielding, and those well-recorded batting compulsions which prevented him from converting enough of those 50's into 100s. i wish him and his family all the best.

cricket_king
June 2, 2007, 09:07 PM
Poor fella. Thanks for the memories man.....the good ones that is...

Luvlee_nik
June 2, 2007, 10:24 PM
now lets see if ash can beat habibul hablu bashars record

BonBon
June 2, 2007, 10:28 PM
I think his time for Cricket has finished. He has become old.

Period.:-D

ZunaidH
June 3, 2007, 12:47 AM
Bashar should stick around as a batting coach. He has a lot to teach from his mistakes. I think it is a good time for him to reflect on things he did wrong.

Go_Bangladesh
June 3, 2007, 01:05 AM
good player and captain, but its time to move on, good luck to ash and mash

kalpurush
June 3, 2007, 01:20 AM
Ditto.
....ditto!:D

kalpurush
June 3, 2007, 01:24 AM
What about Ashraful? Exactly. Even when BD were crapper Bashar averaged more. Btw, I am not saying Bashar is a better batsman than Ashraful.

Bashar is NOT better batter for sure, he is just the best in Test!;)

cricket_pagol
June 3, 2007, 01:35 AM
Looking forward to some solid performance from bashar in test matches!!! I think bashar is capable of doing a ganguly and score runs heavily after everybody thought that he is a spent force.

babubangla
June 3, 2007, 02:20 AM
http://www.bartamanpatrika.com/images/sourav_Abubasar.jpg

Apparently, Habibul Bashar is doing fine in Kolkata.
Here is an article published in Anandabazar on how Habibul Bashar spent the day in Kolkata today.
Anandabazar Report on Habibul's Trip to Kolkata (http://www.anandabazar.com/3khela2.htm)

Here is another article on same subject on another West Bengal Daily Bartaman
Bartaman Patrika on Habibul Bashar's trip to Kolkata (http://www.bartamanpatrika.com/content/sports.htm)

http://www.anandabazar.com/3khela2-1.jpg

Nocturnal
June 3, 2007, 02:27 AM
Thanks for sharing BB bhai.

Dhakablues
June 3, 2007, 02:47 AM

I would respectfully disagree with you. I suspect that it was a blip rather fitness that was the issue with Bashar in recent time. His break from Test cricket ruined his run scoring ability,, the only offering he had lef. The very reason being Bashar scores with his trademark shots ( hooks, pools) which he is lacking the fitness to even execute in test criket as welll as ODI. Certainy, he cant even score singles walking the 22 yards. Unless he improves his fitness substantially, I think the end of Bashar is near. Is sad that his body gave it up so soon..

Antora
June 3, 2007, 03:09 AM
http://www.bartamanpatrika.com/images/sourav_Abubasar.jpg

Apparently, Habibul Bashar is doing fine in Kolkata.
Here is an article published in Anandabazar on how Habibul Bashar spent the day in Kolkata today.
Anandabazar Report on Habibul's Trip to Kolkata (http://www.anandabazar.com/3khela2.htm)

Here is another article on same subject on another West Bengal Daily Bartaman
Bartaman Patrika on Habibul Bashar's trip to Kolkata (http://www.bartamanpatrika.com/content/sports.htm)

why is this article in a diff language??? its not bangla nor english.... wat lang iz it???

Nocturnal
June 3, 2007, 03:11 AM
why is this article in a diff language??? its not bangla nor english.... wat lang iz it???

it's Bangla (Kotkata version). :)

layperson
June 3, 2007, 03:14 AM
I for one will not miss Bashar's captaincy at all. I will miss the batsman Bashar, the one we had as our lone ranger when we started out in Test cricket not the newer version. I say good riddance to the newer version and I couldnt be happier as a fan for his exit.

catstrophy
June 3, 2007, 03:21 AM
I miss him too, i hope he come back to the team by proving himself as a player in the future. We will miss you for sure Habibul Bashar.

WarWolf
June 3, 2007, 03:39 AM
I would love to see him becoming first bangladeshi batsman to achieve 5000 test runs.

ammark
June 3, 2007, 03:45 AM
Have to agree with layperson here. Bashar became captain by virtue of being our then best batsman and no other appropriate candidates for captaincy at the time. His contribution in captaincy that I'll miss is of the relationship he has with the young charges off the field. But as a tactician and leader, he was not great. I will therefore not miss Habibul Bashar the captain.

As for Bashar the batsman - its premature to say I'll miss him. I wish him the best, he should play more lower level cricket, dominate and play as he does best, and if he survives the competition, make it back to the ODI team. In tests, it would be a similar stream, his batting needs improvement and any results afterwards will always be appreciated :)

Antora
June 3, 2007, 04:23 AM
it's Bangla (Kotkata version). :)

ÉcSM~: AyMycSv2 wSMcÕ AçMcm X©ScSMoA{Mr
dÚMt AçMcmS}Mt} ÉMò¥--- PtySAÅÉ }SÜ

_wS} ySØ~SÜ tHfñ wS>h yi} w} _MÉ ÅAvyS}Z Yh{cS <Såv ÑMÜ wÖS awS} ySØ~S} AçMcm PvrS} ‘‘c~cSrSMc Y}a wA}ö7, Y}a wA}cOvS{SAxc, }SUSfSmMc Y}a haÖS, wA}íS}’’ ~SeMi¥ Ac© wùSwSM}} ÑSAyyÚ~ ySÅS}Mc PySuÑÜ rS} PhMÜa PyAÅ mSvMi eòSwSM}} AçMcm X©ScSMoA{} ÉAtöS¥
eòSwS} vS yM~ }yH4 ÉM}Sy}-wS} y~SZ ÑÜMrS Cnc¥ ÅAvyS} ÉcSM~ AyMycSv2 wSMcÕ P{v~©Sä ÉG}q AçMcm X©ScSMoA{} dÚMtMt} ÉMò füSdSMvc YûSÜ, PvMm, eMO cSmSMvS} w} _ AtvZ ySØ~SMtMÅ} XAuvSÜc§ PdSÜSMvS ÑSAyyÚ~ ÉMdMt y~M~v, ‘‘ZÉ, _}c{ Aci Y{SMt} adSMv |At sScr!’’ _dSvcS} X©ScSMoA{} AÅêSsHñ AçMcmS}Mt} {MrS mJvSñM{* Pd~S} ÉÚM|Se adSMv PvZ¥ rSÜ _r fvfv mJvSñM{*, _ }Sj©-a }Sj© fÚM} fÚM}! awS} ySØ~SÜ AçMcm X©ScSMoA{ {SMv cuÚZ <©ScCmÉ, _cMfMÜ Pvm!

ySØ~S ÉØySt h©SMv~ ‘òS} Yv2’} yÇñwÛArñMr AyMÅÇ XArAs ÑMÜ YÉS ÑSAyyÚM~}a AtvmS cSm~ fÚM} fÚM}¥ tÁwÚM}} AtMc |At rS>Mc PtdS Pe~ rS>} AvMj} _dv w|ñå Pd~S} ÉÚM|Se vS fmS ZMoMv A~e xSZvSM~} tÅñc AÑMÉMy

this does not seem bangla 2 me......

One World
June 3, 2007, 04:26 AM
smebody needs some bangla fonts. I downloaded a few from banglacricket. you can try also.

Omio
June 3, 2007, 05:05 AM
SN was the vice captain of us, he would have been the next captain for BD,
but bcb booted him due to poor performance..
We hope it may not b happen for Ash..

One World
June 3, 2007, 11:50 AM
Time and tide waits for none. As it has been said before, the prime time for resignation was before India series. Now he will stay in the hearts of fans with mixed reactions.

Kabir
June 3, 2007, 01:26 PM
Time and tide waits for none. As it has been said before, the prime time for resignation was before India series. Now he will stay in the hearts of fans with mixed reactions.

And you wanted someone to just come up and take the captaincy, and take the team down with him?

Weird reasoning bro. There's also a saying: "there's always a good time for everything". I think after the India series is the best time. And as for mixed feelings, it's only for those people who always seee the negatie before the positives. Even if there's 1 million good things about him, they'll always start by looking the 100 negatives.

Protic
June 3, 2007, 02:27 PM

Look at Bashar in this pic.. SO WHITE :D !

BagherBacha
June 3, 2007, 04:09 PM
Bashar won't do any good any test.what he had done did ine the past when opposition team has no plan against his strength/weakness. Now all the team know what to do when bashar comes to crease. he tries to hit every ball and now he just doesn't have enough power physically and mentally as well. he will probably score quick 20/30 but that won't help rather it would put pressure in the top order

I had big expectation from him in india series in test. i thought he would play according to the ball but we all know what he did. we need a batsman in one down who can hold teh innings i think Rajin wiil be perfest choice for this position. Bashar will play the first srilanka test match and then will be dropped from the next 2 matches. I can see that. U just puit unnesassary pressure to young lads.

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 04:39 PM
Bashar may be proving to be excess baggage; but he is the closest thing to a test middle order batsman we have ever had.

Hatebreed
June 3, 2007, 04:43 PM
I feel sorry for Bashar and am guilty of calling him many things out of anger and frustration, but I think it's about time he concentrated on his own performance. His career as a test batsman is far from over. Ganguly isn't captain anymore, and he's doing fine. Bashar by our standards can do the same if he really puts his mind into it.

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
GO BASHAR GO BASHAR......our very own gavaskar in test!!