PDA

View Full Version : And the Shera Bangali of 2007 is ...

BonBon
June 2, 2007, 10:42 PM
Habibul Bashar!!!

Folks..I contorted, revulsed and writhed in disgust when the news piece ( http://www.ittefaq.com/get.php?d=07/06/03/w/n_zqxryt) caughtmy eyes. An India TV co. nominated Bashar for shera bangali 2007.:sick:

Why the IN people are doing to much makha makhi with Bashar these days? The series is over..kela khotom..Bashar er shomman hozom..bas.

One World
June 2, 2007, 10:46 PM
The information is so limited. The channel should provide a total estimation of achievements, points, the areas they considered for this kind of selection, the members in the selection panel.

At the same year Dr. Yunus won Nobel Prize.

Tintin
June 2, 2007, 10:47 PM
Edit : Deleted what was probably a dumb question

oracle
June 2, 2007, 10:52 PM
Guys (and no offense to our Indian members) but here is my take:

80% of Indian TV output is sensational crap. A few days of watching it will be a revelation to anyone.

Protic
June 2, 2007, 10:54 PM
Sher e Bangla? Ofcourse for not what he did in 2007!

Sohel
June 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
পাগলে কি না বলে, ছাগলে কি না খায়... another winner from our ghoti cousins from opar bangla. yunus who? fakhruddin what? hasan moshud when? and moeen doesn't keep wickets anymore...

DJ Sahastra
June 2, 2007, 11:10 PM
In India, and specially in West Bengal, Bashar has gained a lot of respect for taking his team to the Super-8 and winning against India and SA. Much of that respect is because no one expected BD team to go that far or beat the teams they did.

No one in India cares about how Bashar performed in the home-series against India.

Shafin
June 2, 2007, 11:10 PM
Sher e Bangla died 40 years ago!

capslock
June 3, 2007, 12:02 AM
You know, Bashar is no longer the captain of Bangladesh, whatever his evils, he has paid for them, there really is no need to beat a dead horse, why begrudge him an award he has won because of genuine achievements? This irrational Bashar hate is getting quite annoying, I know it's fashionable to hate him, but please show some restraint. He has a lot for our cricket.

yaseer
June 3, 2007, 12:15 AM
Congrats to Bashar for the Nomination......As a captain/player he has brought us joy and made us proud over the last 3 years.....well deserved.

Antora
June 3, 2007, 12:47 AM
bashar shera bangali???? bahahahahah u pplz make me lauf!!!! do tell me this is all a joke....

syzygy
June 3, 2007, 01:00 AM

80% of Indian TV output is sensational crap. A few days of watching it will be a revelation to anyone.

which media does not? ask uncle sam

cricket_king
June 3, 2007, 01:23 AM
Oh cmon guys......his captaincy has been stripped of him. His finished......so can't we just leave him alone now?

Mahir
June 3, 2007, 01:24 AM
Shera Bangali of 2006 AND 2007 : Dr. Yunus.

Let's delete the preceding posts and move the thread to Forget Cricket section :)

syzygy
June 3, 2007, 01:26 AM
In India, and specially in West Bengal, Bashar has gained a lot of respect for taking his team to the Super-8 and winning against India and SA. Much of that respect is because no one expected BD team to go that far or beat the teams they did.

No one in India cares about how Bashar performed in the home-series against India.

wrong! if u consider individuals the only person who has gained some respect is mortaza and to some extent ashraful.

Ahmed_B
June 3, 2007, 01:33 AM
post deleted... matter already being discussed.

Tintin
June 3, 2007, 01:36 AM
which media does not? ask uncle sam

Syzygy - I don't have a problem with that statement because it is to a large extent, true. But my complaint is that people take things that appear in places like indiatimes.com and cricketnext.com seriously and respond to it :(

Mahir
June 3, 2007, 01:37 AM
You guys getting it all wrong.
Just try to realize which BD event shook the indian media like an earthquack in 2007?

Was it Dr. Yunus winning Noble Prize? NO!
Was it Fakhruddin Ahmed starting a total reformation?? NOO!!

It was BD team knocking out India from WC!! And Habibul was the captain of that team! :)

No wonder he is the biggest Bangali for India in 2007! :)

You hit the nail right on the head :up: I was merely trying to cease yet another volcanic eruption in a potentially Bashar bashing thread. E-)

Antora
June 3, 2007, 02:54 AM

i understand what ur saying is very logical.. but if dat iz the reason to make bashar shera bengali...... then why not nominate the captain bd played under to beat pakistan in their firts eva world cup? no one expected us to beat pak...did they?

sourav Ganguly was nominated and also won Shera bengali award twice and i undertand why... but Bashar being nominated..... i have no clue as to why.....

Fortuner
June 3, 2007, 06:49 AM
gr8test joke ever i heard bashr shera bangali nomination.,
he dint take us to supr eight.did he perfrom so gr8.
it was our spinners n some batsman who played nicely.
bahsr was never extraordinary in field setup.he was never attacking in fieldset up.
if it was that he was attacking in some matches n if it was that it was due to his attackingness n al we won. i wld say he did something gr8 for us.

SAMURAI
June 3, 2007, 08:06 AM
bashar shera bangali???? bahahahahah u pplz make me lauf!!!! do tell me this is all a joke....

It's better to say that Bashar is the shera Habla Bangali of 2007 !! :lol:

capslock
June 3, 2007, 09:02 AM
i understand what ur saying is very logical.. but if dat iz the reason to make bashar shera bengali...... then why not nominate the captain bd played under to beat pakistan in their firts eva world cup? no one expected us to beat pak...did they?

Because that was 8 years ago genius :)

BonBon
June 3, 2007, 09:07 AM
Mod, can you please move this thread to forget cricket? Thanks

rah
June 3, 2007, 09:39 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
even though bashar will be remembered for his achievments for our cricket, the best bengali this year is Dr yunus, and anyways bashar was stripped of his captaincy, remeber he just gave up the odi captaincy. da guy is finished

Nafis_BD
June 3, 2007, 09:46 PM
I don't remember who said it here but I absolutely agree with him.....The Indians dont care if Dr.Yunis won the noble prize heck they probably dont even know about it but what they really care about and know about is that BD beat Ind in the WC and thats a big thing ...........and who was the captain of BD team......Bashar so they think it's all cause of Bashar so that's it!!!

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 10:08 PM

:lol: ... not again !!! ... da curz, da curz !!!

Antora
June 4, 2007, 02:39 AM
Because that was 8 years ago genius :)

yer... soo why wasn't he nominated 8 years ago????

Antora
June 4, 2007, 02:40 AM

lol ... lmao...pmsl..... ur a funny one!!!!