PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring speech by Imran Khan

cricket_pagol
June 3, 2007, 02:41 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_ys_UeE8IA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_ys_UeE8IA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fortuner
June 3, 2007, 07:53 AM
thnks pagol chagol...learnt somethin from there...its motivates

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 08:11 AM
Wow.

Pak_rox
June 3, 2007, 08:28 AM
IMRAN KHAN the great
a wonderful speech

rah
June 3, 2007, 09:58 AM
great great speech

Carte Blanche
June 4, 2007, 05:46 PM
Nice passing jab at Botham. Not to tar Imran or anything, but the way he brags about the fact that he resigned twice is more chacha-esque than example of ambitious professionalism. Then again, things work in funny ways on our subcontinental soil.

MohammedC
June 5, 2007, 05:32 AM
Great speech, too much about his success.

gatekeeper
June 5, 2007, 06:56 AM
Great speech, too much about his success.

Nothing new, he's known for that. After winning the WC 1992, in his (winning captain's) speech he kept on sayin I won, I did this and I did that. BTW, this takes nothing away from the man's contribution to Pakistan cricket.

One World
June 9, 2007, 10:19 PM
Good speech from a visionary, the speech was also well versed, definitely the speech was written and practised couple of times though no harm in that

Sohel
June 10, 2007, 01:21 AM
Nice passing jab at Botham. Not to tar Imran or anything, but the way he brags about the fact that he resigned twice is more chacha-esque than example of ambitious professionalism. Then again, things work in funny ways on our subcontinental soil.

perfectly observed.

Trigger_Tiger
June 10, 2007, 01:49 AM

I agree, but yet, he became the best fast bowler of his time, a bowling legend, a great all-rounder, a World Cup winning successful captain and is now in the cricket books forever to be preserved.

That is what makes Imran Khan Imran Khan though, and that is why such words coming from him, sting for a while and then seem normal because of his achievements.

Lovely speech though :)!!!!!

Sohel
June 10, 2007, 01:58 AM
I agree, but yet, he became the best fast bowler of his time, a bowling legend, a great all-rounder, a World Cup winning successful captain and is now in the cricket books forever to be preserved.

That is what makes Imran Khan Imran Khan though, and that is why such words coming from him, sting for a while and then seem normal because of his achievements.

Lovely speech though :)!!!!!

really ?

no doubt that he's one of the all-time greats. in fact, i've named in my starting XI of all-time greats, AND made him VC. however ... he's a politican now bro, a PAKISTANI politician, related to the niazi family of lahore ... general niazi was the commander of pak forces during the '71 war BTW.

Trigger_Tiger
June 11, 2007, 01:52 AM
really ?

no doubt that he's one of the all-time greats. in fact, i've named in my starting XI of all-time greats, AND made him VC. however ... he's a politican now bro, a PAKISTANI politician, related to the niazi family of lahore ... general niazi was the commander of pak forces during the '71 war BTW.

And what exactly was the point in dragging all that "history" into cricket?
Javed Miandad's daughter is married to Mafia Dawood's son.
That however has nothing to do with cricket, so why bring the family ties in here?

Plus this is cricket we are talking about and I am well aware that he created Tehreek-e-Insaf (Movement for Justice) in 1997.....that is an off-field thing, why drag it into cricket?

Irrelevant that was of you. I just commented on what he says being great because his pitcher holds water and is leak less (in other words, he has the right to say things like those which he said in this speech of his).

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 01:43 PM
And what exactly was the point in dragging all that "history" into cricket?
Javed Miandad's daughter is married to Mafia Dawood's son.
That however has nothing to do with cricket, so why bring the family ties in here?

Plus this is cricket we are talking about and I am well aware that he created Tehreek-e-Insaf (Movement for Justice) in 1997.....that is an off-field thing, why drag it into cricket?

Irrelevant that was of you. I just commented on what he says being great because his pitcher holds water and is leak less (in other words, he has the right to say things like those which he said in this speech of his).

thought policing or did i just hit a nerve ? the cult of imran ... cute.

SideWinder
June 13, 2007, 03:04 PM
really ?

Ahhaaaahhhaaaa, abar Pakistani politician na? Amgor bangladeshi politicianra jibrail ferestarcheye pak. tar politics taar brainchild, shey ja korey, taar moner idea; let him be.
Alimer ghore zalim hoi, ar zalimer ghore alim hoi, sheta ki chinta korey comment that korlen (in relation to bolded and underlined statement).

btw, yahya khan chilo na?

SideWinder
June 13, 2007, 03:06 PM
perfectly observed.

Imran isn't being proud; he is making a point. That through his hunger; he won this and that...those other boys failed to have that hunger...hence...they failed.

SideWinder
June 13, 2007, 03:08 PM
thought policing or did i just hit a nerve ? the cult of imran ... cute.

Imran Khan is a politician and an ambassador for Pakistani cricket; as well as being the finest cricketer the Subbie has ever produced. He has no 'cult'. He is loved by all people in the Pakistan save government because of his outspokenness and intellect. Show him respect.

SideWinder
June 13, 2007, 03:10 PM
Sohel that was very kidlike, saying that because he is Niazi he is shaytan. Very Very kidlike. What now? Ershad Shikdars son is a Shikdar, a Shikdar, now hence, by default he is a terrorist. Profession and behaivour doesn't run in the blood; looks and appearance do.

Trigger_Tiger
June 13, 2007, 05:45 PM
Sohel that was very kidlike, saying that because he is Niazi he is shaytan. Very Very kidlike. What now? Ershad Shikdars son is a Shikdar, a Shikdar, now hence, by default he is a terrorist. Profession and behaivour doesn't run in the blood; looks and appearance do.

Chill bro, tumi ek kotha niya koyta post marla ei niya.....o toh kaurey shoytan koy nai, just bolsey related :timeout:!!!!!

Sohel
June 14, 2007, 01:37 AM
QUOTE=SideWinder;480844]Sohel that was very kidlike, saying that because he is Niazi he is shaytan. Very Very kidlike. What now? Ershad Shikdars son is a Shikdar, a Shikdar, now hence, by default he is a terrorist. Profession and behaivour doesn't run in the blood; looks and appearance do.[/QUOTE]

dude, you're deeply disturbed and it shows, and being in perpetual denial ain't healthy either. you need help. get it.

here's a couple of tests that can get you started: -

http://quizfarm.com/run.php/Quiz?quiz_id=9636

http://quizfarm.com/run.php/Quiz?quiz_id=508

but then again, you could always go on humiliating yourself with more half-baked, mean spirited and ultimately moronic outbursts of puerile banter ...

pathetic.

SideWinder
June 14, 2007, 10:48 AM
QUOTE=SideWinder;480844]Sohel that was very kidlike, saying that because he is Niazi he is shaytan. Very Very kidlike. What now? Ershad Shikdars son is a Shikdar, a Shikdar, now hence, by default he is a terrorist. Profession and behaivour doesn't run in the blood; looks and appearance do.

dude, you're deeply disturbed and it shows, and being in perpetual denial ain't healthy either. you need help. get it.

here's a couple of tests that can get you started: -

http://quizfarm.com/run.php/Quiz?quiz_id=9636

http://quizfarm.com/run.php/Quiz?quiz_id=508

but then again, you could always go on humiliating yourself with more half-baked, mean spirited and ultimately moronic outbursts of puerile banter ...

pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Keep your links to yourself, and your cooking utensils...whats now on the recipe? Shallots and cake?:timeout:

abdulrahee
June 14, 2007, 11:20 AM
[.....]

Carte Blanche
June 14, 2007, 11:28 AM
SohelNR and SW, please resist getting personal over your differences of opinions. Since this thread already has potential to degenerate into a mudslinging affair, I will be closely monitoring this thread.

mod.warning

SideWinder
June 14, 2007, 12:22 PM
SohelNR and SW, please resist getting personal over your differences of opinions. Since this thread already has potential to degenerate into a mudslinging affair, I will be closely monitoring this thread.

mod.warning

Monitor the genius Subsistor, not me, I have not once started anything with Sohel NR, his vastly superiour giga intellect is enough to warp the internet itself, ill leave him to think like that...

Ahmed_B
June 14, 2007, 02:11 PM
Monitor the genius Subsistor, not me..
Hmm.... I can see you've started to expect that MODs will be monitoring someone who you happen to find hard to get along with. Don't you think its time you two stop the kiddy-fights in public? Its getting rather silly now.

Aaaah! Perfect example of kids-vs-kids. Both of you better find a not-so-public place to work it out between yourselves. You two have started to show up in so many threads with your personal dislikes to each other and thats now getting annoying.

-This post is not 'As Myself'

gatekeeper
June 14, 2007, 03:05 PM
Aw shucks!! Just when it was getting interesting.......darn mods!!!

User Name
June 14, 2007, 03:35 PM
Imran is a bafoon when it comes to politics and non-cricket matters. These days he's hungry for attention and will say anything that draws attention. Pity that fool.

ammark
June 19, 2007, 03:31 AM
Dhurro miya. pura show miss korlam. SideWinder to dekhi banned hoye gese. Eita to amar jonno notun khobor. Ar SohelNR bhai'o ajkal udhao. Bepar ta ki?

One World
June 19, 2007, 03:42 AM
Dhurro miya. pura show miss korlam. SideWinder to dekhi banned hoye gese. Eita to amar jonno notun khobor. Ar SohelNR bhai'o ajkal udhao. Bepar ta ki?

true! this was a purely uneven fight, its like australia vs. china playing ...

Electrequiem
June 19, 2007, 02:09 PM
excellent speech by Imran. I am feeling a bit nostalgic. Those Imran led days of Pakistan Cricket Team were gold.

uss01
June 19, 2007, 06:03 PM
What's a bafoon? Please translate.
Thanks.

Imran is a bafoon when it comes to politics and non-cricket matters. These days he's hungry for attention and will say anything that draws attention. Pity that fool.

Pundit
June 21, 2007, 11:29 PM
Sohel NR - you are too often loosing your cool too easily, nowadays.

Sohel bhai reminds me of the Rafiq of this board, we once had.

Kabir
June 22, 2007, 12:08 AM

Ami to mone hoy aro beshi miss korlam. SideWinder dekhi abar unbanned hoiya gese! :confused:

Trigger_Tiger
June 22, 2007, 01:22 AM
Ami to mone hoy aro beshi miss korlam. SideWinder dekhi abar unbanned hoiya gese! :confused:

WOW hot news, is he coming back?