PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka Underestimating Bangladesh...again

madash
June 3, 2007, 05:19 AM
"We will take the opportunity to try our new players who are on the fringe of breaking through as we feel Bangladesh is a side we can afford to experiment against."

source: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/story/296758.html

This was the comment was made by the sri lanka chief selector, de Mel . This comment shows again that a large part of the world is yet to get a taste of our skills. Well, i hope we give it to them...and show them that bangladesh is no longer a side other countries should experiment against.

cricket_king
June 3, 2007, 05:21 AM
Absolutely fine. Sri lanka are plain and simply saying it as it is, especially after our performance against india which i'm sure they would've watched carefully. They also have the added advantage of playing in home conditions.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 05:22 AM
we need to prove them wrong. until then, ektu gaye lagleo i can't complain too much.

Antora
June 3, 2007, 05:36 AM
omg omg omg... i thout after da wc teams would stop under estimating us.... but I guess not...

cricket_king
June 3, 2007, 05:41 AM
omg omg omg... i thout after da wc teams would stop under estimating us.... but I guess not...

ahha maybe teams like india and south africa would, but sri lanka hammered us remember?

damalChele
June 3, 2007, 05:46 AM
Well it's good news for Ash-Mash. Considering this will be their first match as captain and vice captain, mentally they will be more positive not facing the full strength SRL team, although I don't see much difference from their point of view since their job is to lead the team towards some victories.

Nevertheless, it still holds some advantage to some degree. This might be the added catalyst of their peformance. Ash will definetly pounce on this opportunity to make the most of it. They will be going there with a postive attitude thats for sure. Mind over body. Hope their body reacts to this positivity.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 05:55 AM
Murali is the difference between us having a chance of an upset and not having a chance at all.

We can manage the likes of Sangakarra, Vaas, Jayarwadena and co., but if Murali plays we're buggered.

yaseer
June 3, 2007, 06:47 AM
They are trying to show the world that they are the no.2 team of the world by doing such things........they will be pulled down to earth.

yaseer
June 3, 2007, 06:50 AM
They were just not able to beat world cup minnow Pakistan in recent ODI sereies......

Matro WC runner-up hoise to, ektu bhab nibei......you have to answer it by bat n bowl...there is no other way.

Miraz
June 3, 2007, 06:57 AM
I will wait till the squad declaration. Resting Jayasuriya and drafting in Atapattu will not make any difference. IMO, he is a better Test player.

If they decide to rest Vaas and Murali, that can make some differences.

SS
June 3, 2007, 07:21 AM
lanka was finalist, one of the top best teams. It's very natural to follow this strategy. We have to learn to accept our strength.

mali007
June 3, 2007, 07:38 AM
In Abu Dhabi against pakistan SL played without Murali, Vas , Sangakara but all three
were recalled from counties to play against the TIGERS. So, SL is not taking BD lightly
but seriously!!!!

Sovik
June 3, 2007, 07:41 AM
if they pick murali that will mean that they are taking us seriously.

Rabz
June 3, 2007, 07:57 AM
After our performance in the second test against India..i can hardly blame Lankans for resting thier key players.
With the advantage of playing in the home ground..i would be surprised to see them playing a full strength team against us.

May be we can count it as a blessing and make the most of the opportunity.

Nafis_BD
June 3, 2007, 08:28 AM

Absolutely what I was thinking!!

Nafi
June 3, 2007, 08:30 AM
In Abu Dhabi against pakistan SL played without Murali, Vaas , Sangakarra but all threewere recalled from counties to play against the TIGERS. So, SL is not taking BD lightly
but seriously!!!!

EXACTLY! :timeout:

Surfer
June 3, 2007, 08:51 AM
I dont think the Srilankan selectors made any inappropriate statement.

Luvlee_nik
June 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
they should keep it up, its a coincidence, hueva disses us, we beat them

rah
June 3, 2007, 09:49 AM

they would of stopped, but our recent perfomances against india, well they never realli impressed

Dhakablues
June 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
Notice that only the subcontinent team like India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka thinks that they can experiment and change squade against weaker opposition and later regrets that they havent reached professionalism of superior teams. On the other hand, teams like Australia, New Zeland or South Africa fields the same best 11 against India or Zimbabwe without looking at the color of theyr jersey... their professionalism is never compromised to allow any 'out of plan' activity. The sense of complasency is never allowed in such professional team and that's why they execute all the time instead of sub-continent teams which goes through these curves of Arlington's six flags hurricane. A good team doesnt need to experiment as they have a systematic approach in acheiving results... teams like Bangladesh/India has to experiment whehter to field Tamim with Shahrier/Javed or Sharif with Rasel/Forhad.. Sri Lanka is doing the same,,, we, the tropicalees, just arent there yet.

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
we need to prove them wrong. until then, ektu gaye lagleo i can't complain too much.

Exactly. You can't get upset every time someone utters what we all know.

rafiq
June 3, 2007, 10:08 AM
The Sri Lankan 3rd team could whip Bangladesh in Tests, even if rain reduced the match to 2.5 days. That's how bad we are....in one days it's a different matter. We have a mental block against Sri Lanka, yet to play one match where we have even come close to respectability...probaby that first hundred by Ash was the closest thing.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 10:25 AM
Notice that only the subcontinent team like India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka thinks that they can experiment and change squade against weaker opposition and later regrets that they havent reached professionalism of superior teams. On the other hand, teams like Australia, New Zeland or South Africa fields the same best 11 against India or Zimbabwe without looking at the color of theyr jersey... their professionalism is never compromised to allow any 'out of plan' activity. The sense of complasency is never allowed in such professional team and that's why they execute all the time instead of sub-continent teams which goes through these curves of Arlington's six flags hurricane. A good team doesnt need to experiment as they have a systematic approach in acheiving results... teams like Bangladesh/India has to experiment whehter to field Tamim with Shahrier/Javed or Sharif with Rasel/Forhad.. Sri Lanka is doing the same,,, we, the tropicalees, just arent there yet.

You'd hardly call the team the Australians sent to Bangladesh a first XI...

Protic
June 3, 2007, 10:45 AM
Heh.. they might introduce new players..but they never said about not playing murali,vaas,jayasuriya..so wats the prob? I mean new players have to be introduced anyway..lol. They just wanna make some youngsters debut.

Fortuner
June 3, 2007, 10:50 AM
i m happy 2 hear dt coz some ppl said we r a gr8 team now.i dnt think so.unless we wont win consistently...we wnt b gr8 n some teams will take us lightly.
we still dnt have to have a gud opening combination and plus we need one more quality pacer if we r to do something in falt and bouncy pitches and also to challenge srilanka,india,pak...subcontinent teams are gud playing spin.we cant threaten them wid our SLA's.....once upon a blue moon we can...

Shafin
June 3, 2007, 11:25 AM
Heh.. they might introduce new players..but they never said about not playing murali,vaas,jayasuriya..so wats the prob? I mean new players have to be introduced anyway..lol. They just wanna make some youngsters debut.
Joya most probably will not play,but they will give Atapattu a chance

One World
June 3, 2007, 11:34 AM
How far Srilanka can go. As they declare a 15 player squad for test what my understanding is as the test matces progress Srilanka will try to pick more of their A team players in the squad as the performance of BD degrades from one test to another. That is the worst repetitive scenario for us and I am keeping my finger's crossed to experience a completely opposite effect in the field with new captaincy and fresh performances from our youngsters.

If we can earn the respects in the test matches Srilanka will try to crush us in the ODI's to delete away the recent defeat in Abudhabi from fans minds so our performance can assure us the top Srilankan team playing ODI with us and at that point by hook or by crook if we can lose by 1-2 (loser's mentality? I guess not in this case!!) that would be the greatest achievement against a formidable cricketing power.

Anher
June 3, 2007, 11:53 AM
A professional team would never give any chance of upset agaisnt weaker opponents. Aus, SA, NZ are the best examples. This cause huge ego problem like australia were facing after defeted by bangladesh in Sofia garden. . Out of 4 subcontinental teams Srilanka is the only professional team. They will make sure they humiliate us in 1st and 2nd test and win the series before go to 3rd test. In 3rd test they might be experience new players.
Murali will certainly play in Tests cause its a very good chance for him to get around 30 wickets and getting close to leading wicket takers.

Farhad
June 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
No problem with the concept really. What I dont get is why theyre so many players in these last 2 series. Its not like they needed it alot more than the other teams. They were there just one week more than the rest of the Super 8s...

MAHBUB_zaman_3000
June 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
ওরা পাত্তা না দিলে ভাল্এতে আমাদের জিততে সুবিধা হবে।

Trigger_Tiger
June 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
He has the right to say so. Vaas, Murali, Malinga and Kumar are in the team while their new blood too are also in. Need I say more? So what if Sanath is out? This team in the WC has proved that it can score past the 250 mark without their BIG GUNS!

However, if they are going to a little laid back (as some may translate it as) then that is good news for our young Bangladesh team and they should capitalize on the situation right from the word "GO!" as I see it fit!

sunny747
June 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
we are so emotional.......we have to beat Sl few times to earn their respect........nobody is going to donate us........we have to get rid of this begging habits.............
lets earn the respect.........

TigerRoar
June 3, 2007, 01:25 PM
Just because we won a few games in the WC suddenly we expect all top teams to take us seriously?

I think some of us are still flying on cloud 9.

We have to compete with these teams first for them to take us seriously. Until then, we are in the same bracket as Zimbabwe, Ireland, etc.

Look at our performance against India - do we deserve to be taken seriously in tests?

Protic
June 3, 2007, 01:25 PM
Joya most probably will not play,but they will give Atapattu a chance

That would be good for us really..specially in the ODIS.
Anyway Murali is the big factor..we handle him..we handle SRI LANKA.

Imtiazk
June 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
"We will take the opportunity to try our new players who are on the fringe of breaking through as we feel Bangladesh is a side we can afford to experiment against."

source: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/story/296758.html

This was the comment was made by the sri lanka chief selector, de Mel . This comment shows again that a large part of the world is yet to get a taste of our skills. Well, i hope we give it to them...and show them that bangladesh is no longer a side other countries should experiment against.

I am not sure why that should be a surprise to anyone. One win against Zimbabwe and another where we had Australia on the ropes but let it slip is all we can shout about. The WC matches were in another format of the game. In fact, the manner in which we raised the white flag in the second test was pathetic. Not even an attempt to linger in the crease knowing full well that in the pre monsoon any day could get abondoned as it happened in Chittagong which saved us a test match.

Kabir
June 3, 2007, 02:03 PM
This was the comment was made by the sri lanka chief selector, de Mel . This comment shows again that a large part of the world is yet to get a taste of our skills...and show them that bangladesh is no longer a side other countries should experiment against.

Oh my God, ekhon ki hobe? Eto boro kotha bolse? Lets go beat them :mad:

Listen bro. The idea here is this. We, the Bangladeshis, feel VERY insecure. And that's simply pathetic. So what the rest of the world hates US, do they really care?

To me, Bangladesh is still a team that people can test their new talents against. Whether you accept it or not, we're still a WEAKER team than the other 8 teams in the world. Don't compare ourselves with Australia/South Africa, coz we haven't reached their level yet. And before we play consistently well, and not get out cheaply on a regular basis, these comments are not gonig to mean anything other than the "basic reality". Until then, take a chill pill and a hajmola...will help you digest it well.

TigerRoar
June 3, 2007, 02:09 PM
Kabir you have echoed my sentiments exactly.

Kabir
June 3, 2007, 02:16 PM
Kabir you have echoed my sentiments exactly.

Actually, I haven't. You read it wrong. I accepted the reality, but I kept my head high. I wouldn't speculate about the future being dark for us, coz I like to believe that we will improve slowly, and we'll do much better even as recent as a year from now. Yes, that will be under Ashraful's captaincy.

So I guess we don't agree on this. Do we? :)

Dhakablues
June 3, 2007, 08:21 PM
You'd hardly call the team the Australians sent to Bangladesh a first XI...

Are u suggesting that Australians didnt field their best eleven during their Bangladesh tour? Exactly who was sitting during that series?

bd_fan_from_india
June 4, 2007, 03:44 AM
i just dont get u guys. sl r taking bd lightly and u guys say its fine. if india took bd lightly, u guys used to get after ind and say bad things. i am talking of the 2004 series when ind thought of experimentation and u guys wanted the full indian team. in case u guys dont know, bd has beaten sl once in a odi match in 2006.

Aritro
June 4, 2007, 04:10 AM
Are u suggesting that Australians didnt field their best eleven during their Bangladesh tour? Exactly who was sitting during that series?
They fielded Jacques, Gillespie, Johnson and Cullen during the test series, and none of them were fixtures in the Test team 12 months ago and the last 3 of those names certainly won't appear on a Test scorecard any time soon either.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
A professional team would never give any chance of upset agaisnt weaker opponents. Aus, SA, NZ are the best examples. This cause huge ego problem like australia were facing after defeted by bangladesh in Sofia garden. . Out of 4 subcontinental teams Srilanka is the only professional team. They will make sure they humiliate us in 1st and 2nd test and win the series before go to 3rd test. In 3rd test they might be experience new players.
Murali will certainly play in Tests cause its a very good chance for him to get around 30 wickets and getting close to leading wicket takers.
120% correct. And we just made their task much easier with a lousy selection. 8 vs 11 or 16 vs 22.

Amit,
SL is that much better than India that their talk sounds like professionals.

betaar
June 4, 2007, 11:44 AM
Murali being in the team does not mean that SL taking us seriuosly.
Murali would never miss such an opportunity where he can get cheap wickets and surpass Warne as the highest wicket taker in Test.

radagast
June 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
i just dont get u guys. sl r taking bd lightly and u guys say its fine.

We are saying we can't blame them AFTER our last performance. If we did good against India, and still SL underestimated us, we would be screaming bloody murder right now.

AsifTheManRahman
June 4, 2007, 01:13 PM
Well it's a good sign. Maybe we can sneak in a win or two.

nafis94
June 4, 2007, 01:38 PM
these []dont get it that we can beat em easily....confounded sri lankans! L-)

Electrequiem
June 4, 2007, 08:20 PM
Dudes/Dudettes, if SRL is taking us lightly, it is because they can. I think Aussies, NZ, and the Lankans are the only team in the world who can afford to experiment with us ... but mark my words, not for long.

Rubu
June 4, 2007, 08:36 PM
Some people are over estimating our test ability....... again.

Kabir
June 4, 2007, 11:26 PM
Some people are over estimating our test ability....... again.

And that is a clear indication of what will follow after the test matches...

Hint: lots of _______ asking for ____ of ________.

It's not rocket science...can someone fill in those gaps for me? :)

Sohel
June 5, 2007, 12:44 AM
right on Rubu and co.

it may be advisable to take it easy on some of the trash talk here. eating too much garbage WILL kill you.

istiak
June 5, 2007, 06:43 PM

I think Murli wants to play against us as well....remember his 1000 test wkts. Any softer target than BD? Sorry to say that but true.

Any contract with county teams and foreign player always got rule that during their national teams match they will get a release.

istiak
June 5, 2007, 06:44 PM

Sould i try?.............:-D

istiak
June 5, 2007, 06:46 PM
these []dont get it that we can beat em easily....confounded sri lankans! L-)

beating SL in a test match?

istiak
June 5, 2007, 06:55 PM
That would be good for us really..specially in the ODIS.
Anyway Murali is the big factor..we handle him..we handle SRI LANKA.

Vass was always our biggest problem........Sometime even bigger than Murli. And now Malinga..

Electrequiem
June 5, 2007, 07:51 PM

Lots of polapain asking for mishti of an amazing test victory.

Kabir
June 5, 2007, 07:55 PM
Lots of polapain asking for mishti of an amazing test victory.

Although I had something else on mind (specifically for the never-happy bunch), but I like this way of filling it in. I like people with positive attitude. Good one :)

Kabir
June 5, 2007, 07:56 PM
Sould i try?.............:-D

Yes yes, you sould.

MohammedC
June 16, 2007, 09:54 PM
Srilankans underestimate BD so much that they dont even know who is the Captain. This waht I found in a online newspaper from SL

"The Bangladesh team led by Habibul Bashar will arrive on Sunday and will play their first match, a three day warm up fixture from June 20 to 22 in Colombo. "

Source (http://www.lankatimes.com/fullstory.php?id=202)

Antora
June 16, 2007, 10:07 PM
Srilankans underestimate BD so much that they dont even know who is the Captain. This waht I found in a online newspaper from SL

"The Bangladesh team led by Habibul Bashar will arrive on Sunday and will play their first match, a three day warm up fixture from June 20 to 22 in Colombo. "

hahahahahah...:lol: i bet they'll be suprised when it time for the toss!!!!!!

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 10:21 PM

This is not underestimating, this is being ill-informed. Instead of being mad, you should pity such journalists. At least, that's what I would do!

Trigger_Tiger
June 16, 2007, 10:23 PM

I like the Lankans a lot but I have to break the shackles and say here "bloody arogant @$$3$ :mad:!!!!!"

hahahahahah...:lol: i bet they'll be suprised when it time for the toss!!!!!!

You know what I think Ant? I think Ash should go and say HaBa had to go to the loo and mislead the SL team into putting more "false" pressure on HaBa while HaBa enjoys his batting and Ashraful his captaincy, batting, bowling and fielding :up:!!!!!

Antora
June 16, 2007, 10:28 PM
I like the Lankans a lot but I have to break the shackles and say here "bloody arogant @$$3$ :mad:!!!!!"

You know what I think Ant? I think Ash should go and say HaBa had to go to the loo and mislead the SL team into putting more "false" pressure on HaBa while HaBa enjoys his batting and Ashraful his captaincy, batting, bowling and fielding :up:!!!!!

by any chance do u know me in person????? other wise.. how did u know my nick name was ant??????

syzygy
June 16, 2007, 10:36 PM
"Sri Lanka recall veterans for series against babes" - are the sri lankans calling bd players babies or babes? i remember shastri gave a few statements too before bd-ind series but gosh calling them babies may backfire for the lankans.

Antora
June 16, 2007, 10:39 PM
"Sri Lanka recall veterans for series against babes" - are the sri lankans calling bd players babies or babes? i remember shastri gave a few statements too before bd-ind series but gosh calling them babies may backfire for the lankans.

what?? they're calling us babies??? how dare they ???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
we shall give them a taste of their own medicine!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 10:41 PM
by any chance do u know me in person????? other wise.. how did u know my nick name was ant??????

Well, from Antora to Ant, not hard to guess I think?

Electrequiem
June 16, 2007, 10:44 PM
SL will be terribly terribly terribly embarassed by the time this tour ends. And not because they got our captain's name wrong.

Go BD!!!

syzygy
June 16, 2007, 10:49 PM
what?? they're calling us babies??? how dare they ???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
we shall give them a taste of their own medicine!:mad: :mad: :mad:

yea, thats wat the headlines in that lankan paper quoted. i know it would be tough for bd to compete the lankans specially as the bd frontline batsman are so fragile. still i wanted to see tamim iqbal khan but he is not there so i dont see much hope, but anyway i hope bd players put up a fight and show that they are kids but not babies in test cricket.

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 10:53 PM
but anyway i hope bd players put up a fight and show that they are kids but not babies in test cricket.

Quite an improvement.

Well, I would say early teens though. Being kids in Test cricket, you can't be a Test playing nation.

Antora
June 16, 2007, 11:00 PM
yea, thats wat the headlines in that lankan paper quoted. i know it would be tough for bd to compete the lankans specially as the bd frontline batsman are so fragile. still i wanted to see tamim iqbal khan but he is not there so i dont see much hope, but anyway i hope bd players put up a fight and show that they are kids but not babies in test cricket.

what no tamim?? ki shorbonasher kotha??? amra ei series tao ki bharar moto here ashbo??

syzygy
June 16, 2007, 11:01 PM
Quite an improvement.

Well, I would say early teens though. Being kids in Test cricket, you can't be a Test playing nation.

well i had early teens in mind when i say kids, the age group of twelve,thirteen and fourteen i call kids..15+ would be boys..21+ would be men

Nafis_BD
June 16, 2007, 11:04 PM

:wow: What SL are calling us:eek: babies???????I am shocked:o !!!!

The Sri-lankans are up for a fight then!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2007, 11:29 PM
babes? exactly what is so feminine about our team?

syzygy
June 16, 2007, 11:55 PM

for sure they are nt playing the bd women's team

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 01:20 AM
"Babes"? The pricks think they're going to be playing against girls! That's it!
WE MUST WIN BOTH TEST AND ODI SERIES! That'll teach em! CATS! :mad:

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 01:23 AM

Mushy's voice? :D

Syed Rasel's voice alone should take out any feminine features of our team ;)

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 01:32 AM
"Babes"? The pricks think they're going to be playing against girls! That's it!
WE MUST WIN BOTH TEST AND ODI SERIES! That'll teach em! CATS! :mad:

bro, the term "test babes" refers to nothing other than the fact that we've been at it for less than a decade, compared to the "old men" in the game.

lankans are cool, professional cats with too much class to talk trash or underestimate anybody. visit their forum once you have the chance:

http://dilmahforum.cricinfo.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 01:43 AM
bro, the term "test babes" refers to nothing other than the fact that we've been at it for less than a decade, compared to the "old men" in the game.

lankans are cool, professional cats with too much class to talk trash or underestimate anybody. visit their forum once you have the chance:

http://dilmahforum.cricinfo.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

I thank you for trying to calm me down. Just a suggestion to you......come meet some of the lankans in my school.

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 01:51 AM
I thank you for trying to calm me down. Just a suggestion to you......come meet some of the lankans in my school.

anytime bro ... i was talking about lankan cricketers BTW, though my extensive experience with the islanders has been rather good ... way better than the indo-pak variety, south indians and karachi-ites being notable exceptions to the otherwise general rule.

Mahir
June 17, 2007, 02:32 AM
Marvan Atapattu has withdrawn himself (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/current/story/298283.html) from the Test series against Bangladesh, citing personal commitments.

Right thread to post this news ?

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 02:35 AM
Marvan Atapattu has withdrawn himself (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/current/story/298283.html) from the Test series against Bangladesh, citing personal commitments.

i think this deserves its own thread.

Antora
June 17, 2007, 02:35 AM

personal comitments???? cof cof*** more lyk " Im scared to face bd"

Mahir
June 17, 2007, 02:44 AM
i think this deserves its own thread.

Thread conservation :-p

Mods are welcome to separate Post #79 onwards (related ones) into a new thread. Is there even a function like that ?

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 03:19 AM
anytime bro ... i was talking about lankan cricketers BTW, though my extensive experience with the islanders has been rather good ... way better than the indo-pak variety, south indians and karachi-ites being notable exceptions to the otherwise general rule.

haha yeah you're right.....the lankans are a little bit better than the indians and pakistanis. Indians are the worst :-p

MohammedC
June 17, 2007, 03:40 AM
"Atapattu is currently in England playing club cricket for Lashings" more likely because of lashings CC Marvan is Slashing his international Career

abherath
June 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
There is no need to get upset. Any selector / team has a strategy, and this is the strategy of Ashantha de Mel, Chief Selector. It is not a case of putting down Bangladesh.

Bangladesh, for their part, could prove Ashantha de Mel wrong.

This kind of comment should not have a separate thread ! :)

abherath
June 17, 2007, 11:01 PM

Atapattu has 6 double centuries in tests, only second to Bradman (14 ?) and Lara (7).

One World
June 17, 2007, 11:05 PM
Atapattu has 6 double centuries in tests, only second to Bradman (14 ?) and Lara (7).

as day goes by the depth of Srilanka team reaching more in a competitve phase for Ash and Co. We should look for breakthrough's now.

abherath
June 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
beating SL in a test match?

No, he probably meant carrom, kabaddi or something like that...

:)

kalpurush
June 17, 2007, 11:18 PM
No, he probably meant carrom, kabaddi or something like that...

:)

Yes, he meant cricket. In coming years...we will beat you in a regular basis.:D

kalpurush
June 17, 2007, 11:19 PM
There is no need to get upset. Any selector / team has a strategy, and this is the strategy of Ashantha de Mel, Chief Selector. It is not a case of putting down Bangladesh.

Bangladesh, for their part, could prove Ashantha de Mel wrong.

This kind of comment should not have a separate thread ! :)

...ditto!

kalpurush
June 17, 2007, 11:24 PM
He is a great player in deed. Though, seems he is losing his mental strength lately!:-|

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 11:26 PM
He is a great player in deed. Though, seems he is losing his mental strength lately!:-|

And he is not playing in this series. He has just opted out :).....good for us maybe :up:?????

al Furqaan
June 18, 2007, 08:49 AM
after watching our performance against india, i am sure ireland would think about trying some of their fringe players out against us.

6alltheway
June 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
lets be honest here. Sri lanka have the right to say that. They are one of the best sides in the world and we are ranked one of the worst.

I am not expecting anything from this series other than defeat or close matches.

dont get me wrong for having this negative attitude but i wish bangladesh wins.

SS
June 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
after watching our performance against india, i am sure ireland would think about trying some of their fringe players out against us.
Agree! They will say they are taking us 'seriously' and we fan might think they are resting key players and thus 'underestimating'. But it's solely depend on our team to perform better atleast, otherwise we ourselves putting us down in standard, nobody else can be blamed for our failures.

Rizvi
June 18, 2007, 09:33 AM

Wouldn't that make him Third? :D

Trigger_Tiger
June 18, 2007, 09:37 AM
Wouldn't that make him Third? :D

No Thompson! That would only make him third I daresay (hope you read Tintin :D)!

Well, when any team say they're not taking us lightly, at first I used to feel good about it, but now I think it is only to coax the opposition into a false sense of security, lulling them into troubled waters (over-confidence and hence some lathargy) only to cut them off from the root in a match!

rubel_18
June 18, 2007, 09:54 AM

LOL exactly, bloody wimp

FagunerAgun
June 18, 2007, 10:12 AM
We should give a right reply to underestimation not in writing, but on the field.