PDA

View Full Version : In Trini with the Tigers

Shafin
June 3, 2007, 10:47 AM
I've just read this article in New Age Slate,this one is from a Fan who was at the WC,and it's been a good one.

Oh,and it mentions BC too.:)

http://www.newagebd.com/slate/2007/may/06.html

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 10:55 AM
Great article and great find.

Kudos to whomever wrote it, assuming they post here.

Protic
June 3, 2007, 10:56 AM
Great READ man.. i got into it.
:) Awesome memories.

taklima_naj
June 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
I've just read this article in New Age Slate,this one is from a Fan who was at the WC,and it's been a good one.

Oh,and it mentions BC too.:)

http://www.newagebd.com/slate/2007/may/06.html

It is so so much wonderful;tears when reading

Thank u for sharing

Tehsin
June 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
The editor of New Age, Almer used to be a regular at teststatus.com (before we renamed it to Banglacricket.com). Miss his posts.

Incidently, I bought my WC tickets for the BD-Ind, BD-SL matches from Ra'ad. :)

One World
June 3, 2007, 11:18 AM
Its good to see tears of joy. I actually find a lot of tears in BC now-a-days when team is doing good, an in form player playing bad, someone reads a touchy emotional story or some stupid like Asoka/Doctorve ruins the possibilities. The bottomline is we are Bangladeshi and in our heart the flow of emotions remains like the rivers no matter how much the rivers are dried up practically.

oracle
June 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
nice article. Would'nt say WC07 was the greatest BD event. That would have to be KL when we beat Kenya, and no one was there(at least from BC)

Farhad
June 3, 2007, 12:02 PM
Great read...

BD_Fan
June 3, 2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ra'ad
June 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
It was truely an amazing experience. The article was initially written for our Bangladesh Student Association in McGill and was done in a hurry.. but when true passion speaks, it reaches the furthest.. Well Done Tarem Bhai (I'll tell him to look up this thread; I'm not sure he joins BC frequently).

One of the most memorable events I recall is just after we beat India, we had a Bangladeshi style MICHIL right outside the Oval. All the local spectators and the valunteers joined in on our screams 'Bangladesh! Bangladesh!!' and no doubt it was one of proudest moments of my life as a Bangladeshi. Everywhere we went on that tiny yet so full of heart island, ppl came up to us- congratulating us- screaming names like 'Tamim!' . We were treated as celebrities, the locals took pictures with us as were in our Red and Green and asked questions about Bangladesh and our young cricketers.

Whenever I go back to the Trini days, I just tell myself, this is only a beginning. Greater moments awaits the BENGAL TIGERS!

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 08:22 PM
Good job Shafin.

Rifat
June 3, 2007, 08:57 PM
excellent read, a true blue bengali

Zobair
June 3, 2007, 09:05 PM
Tarem bhai is an awesome awesome guy and a very good friend. And of course, Ra'ad happens to be one of my brothers as well. We had so much fun together there in Trinidad. That has to be one of the more memorable days of our lives. Though my name should be spelt with an "o" not "u".:)

Nocturnal
June 3, 2007, 11:16 PM
very good read.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 11:22 PM
good to see my cousin Almer's mag SLATE here in BC. good piece of prose too.

cricket_pagol
June 3, 2007, 11:35 PM
Excellent article... it was very passionate!!!

sunny747
June 4, 2007, 11:46 PM
It was truely an amazing experience. The article was initially written for our Bangladesh Student Association in McGill and was done in a hurry.. but when true passion speaks, it reaches the furthest.. Well Done Tarem Bhai (I'll tell him to look up this thread; I'm not sure he joins BC frequently).

One of the most memorable events I recall is just after we beat India, we had a Bangladeshi style MICHIL right outside the Oval. All the local spectators and the valunteers joined in on our screams 'Bangladesh! Bangladesh!!' and no doubt it was one of proudest moments of my life as a Bangladeshi. Everywhere we went on that tiny yet so full of heart island, ppl came up to us- congratulating us- screaming names like 'Tamim!' . We were treated as celebrities, the locals took pictures with us as were in our Red and Green and asked questions about Bangladesh and our young cricketers.

Whenever I go back to the Trini days, I just tell myself, this is only a beginning. Greater moments awaits the BENGAL TIGERS!

are you guys on a mission to make me cry???

cheers fro Bangkok.

kalpurush
June 5, 2007, 12:33 AM
are you guys on a mission to make me cry???

cheers fro Bangkok.

...they did already, right?!;)

cricket_king
June 5, 2007, 02:45 AM
Inspirational article that. Hats off to the dude who wrote it :)