PDA

View Full Version : Bright future awaits

Sadz
June 3, 2007, 02:06 PM
I for one am excited for the new bangladesh captaincy. It is definitely the start of a new
era as the captain has stepped down in 1-days and Dav has left the management. So I think Ashraful will lead the team well and mahrafe will be a good vice captain. The future is bright at the moment but I know that there is a lot to do to improve especially in batting and valuing their wickets, so that is something to consder for the new coach.Goo luck tigers!:flag:

TigerRoar
June 3, 2007, 02:08 PM
The future is def. bright, but not immediate future, maybe in 10 years.

the one player i am really looking to become world class is sakibul hassan. he is a smart player

Protic
June 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yes .. our future is very bright indeed..atleast we can hope so.. I mean the only team left ..can actually win a world cup for ASIA is sri lanka.. India & Pakistan lol..atm..they are minnows to nz,aus,saf... and bangladesh isnt there yet aswell..in near future maybe.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 02:21 PM

the one player i am really looking to become world class is sakibul hassan. he is a smart player

5 is my forecast.

I also think Mushfiq was the best player out of the U/19s team of 2006.

Remains to be seen.

Nafi
June 3, 2007, 02:22 PM

10 YEARS!

More like 2-4 years depending on what you mean.

WarWolf
June 3, 2007, 02:27 PM
We will be one of the teams who will really fight for the cup in wc 2011.

Shafin
June 3, 2007, 03:06 PM
We will be one of the teams who will really fight for the cup in wc 2011.
Most probably,we will not fight for the cup,but we can certainly get to the semis by then.

BagherBacha
June 3, 2007, 04:12 PM

---

and mushfique as well

Kabir
June 3, 2007, 04:33 PM
I'm expecting a major improvement within the next 2 years, and I can foresee that this is going to start pretty soon. May be as soon as a year from now.

Look at it based on our tours/matches in the near future, not only for the national side, but also for our age groups, academy sides, etc. Soon there will be a team of young guys going to Australia for a season in an exchange program (if I'm not wrong about the exchange program). There's more tournaments for the domestic level cricket awaiting this season. There's a good solid coach for the age group that is diong a good job. There's going to be a clean sweep of the team, and the team is already free of all our senior players. There is fresh blood in the team, most of whom are full of aggression and attitude.

I mentioend this earlier, and I'll mention this again. In a speech given by Hurricane Carter, he said - the only thing you need to do better in life is have "attitude". And that's what I can see in our youngsters. That will change it all. Trust me.

SideWinder
June 3, 2007, 04:41 PM

Thanks for the reality check :waiting:

Fahmid
June 3, 2007, 04:43 PM
BD definatley has a bright FUTURE and I hope they could build on their oneday success and also think they will bring down big teams in the next world cup and make life uncomfortable. I hope they dont hire and fire coaches, change players too soon.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 05:12 PM
I'm expecting a major improvement within the next 2 years, and I can foresee that this is going to start pretty soon. May be as soon as a year from now.

Look at it based on our tours/matches in the near future, not only for the national side, but also for our age groups, academy sides, etc. Soon there will be a team of young guys going to Australia for a season in an exchange program (if I'm not wrong about the exchange program). There's more tournaments for the domestic level cricket awaiting this season. There's a good solid coach for the age group that is diong a good job. There's going to be a clean sweep of the team, and the team is already free of all our senior players. There is fresh blood in the team, most of whom are full of aggression and attitude.

I mentioend this earlier, and I'll mention this again. In a speech given by Hurricane Carter, he said - the only thing you need to do better in life is have "attitude". And that's what I can see in our youngsters. That will change it all. Trust me.

Was De Winter not sacked during the week?

Also, it's only Shuvo and Raqibul Hasan going over to Australia, unless you're referring to an Academy tour I'm not aware of...

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 08:21 PM

Yeah Sakib would one to look out for. I think he's a future captain. Good cricketing mind and not easily intimidated.

jabbar
June 3, 2007, 09:17 PM

10 years??! That is a very airy-fairy figure to choose. Why 10 years?

Personally, I think that BD will improve in less time than that. But I am not blessed with TigerRoar's future-seeing abilities so I will not give a timeframe :)

Electrequiem
June 3, 2007, 09:47 PM
This time period, a transformation phase, a "crossroad," if you will, would be immensely critical for future BD success. We need an excellent coach to guide this young team. The potential was always there, we just need to learn to channel it. And who knows, 2011 may be our year.

Go Tigers

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 10:01 PM
the national momentum of reform has hit BCB at last. the reformers need to: 1) more first-class cricket all year 'round on a variety of sporting wickets, with several age-based junior sides in each team; 2) systematic, nationwide talent scouting; and 3) more state of the art facilities managed by aussie coaches, and collect the dividends. those changes will take us where the hybrid mashraful wants to us to go faster than even his electric enthusiasm can dream up. exciting decade ahead for bangladesh, bangladeshi cricket and 150 million bangladeshis. the tiger WILL emerge this time around.