PDA

View Full Version : YouTube: Bashar's Comments on Ash's Captaincy

Nasif
June 3, 2007, 05:32 PM
Uploaded another nTV news report on Bashar. He talks about his experience as BD captain, his wishes and Ash in general.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GgzqO6HckoU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GgzqO6HckoU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Also includes Ash's comments on upcoming Afro-Asia matches.

Aritro
June 3, 2007, 05:38 PM
Ashraful really isn't comfortable in front of the camera is he?

MohammedC
June 3, 2007, 05:45 PM
Once again thanks for the link

cricman
June 3, 2007, 05:45 PM
I like how Ash wasn't pleased in making it to the 20/20 squad as he wanted next time for more of us to make it the "Real Team" the ODI squad.

Nocturnal
June 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
Once again thanks for the link

ditto.

Sovik
June 3, 2007, 05:50 PM

he will be.

Hatebreed
June 3, 2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the video, again. Good points raised by Bashar about having diversity in bowling options.

tma
June 3, 2007, 06:24 PM
Great job there 'Nafis'!
Thank you for the upload.

cricket_pagol
June 3, 2007, 07:02 PM
Nasif bhai is the best!!!!

Nasif
June 3, 2007, 07:07 PM
Basher never blamed the batsman. His complains are: 1. Needed one more genuine wicket taking fast bowler and 2. Needed more variation and variety in bowling.

How about putting some blames on batsman for consistent batting failures for years? How about showing some disappointment over his own extreme poor batting show for quite a long time?

Didn't like his comments.

cricket_pagol
June 3, 2007, 07:19 PM
How about putting some blames on batsman for consistent batting failures for years? How about showing some disappointment over his own extreme poor batting show for quite a long time?

I felt exactly the same!!!

Hatebreed
June 3, 2007, 07:21 PM
Basher never blamed the batsman. His complains are: 1. Needed one more genuine wicket taking fast bowler and 2. Needed more variation and variety in bowling.

Didn't like his comments.

I don't think he can do that without bringing up his own failures. If he knew how to do that he would have resigned from captaincy long time ago. However what he said about having another genuine pacer, off spinner, leg spinner, are true. Our SLA bowling is becoming a bit one-dimensional. We need more variety.

Imtiazk
June 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
The relative recent success has been entirely due to our bowlers. Only the win at Cardiff could be attributed 50 - 50. In fact, our bowlers, knowing their limitations, bowl very sensibly. When you have not got much firepower, accuracy matters. That is what Murtaza and Rasel have done. So have the 3 SLAs.

In fact, McGrath ,Pollock and Vaas's claim to fame is more from accuracy than firepower. Of course, they can also make the ball talk which Murtaza is begining to do.

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 08:06 PM

No matter, he'll learn........plenty of time for that.

shaoun
June 3, 2007, 09:01 PM
ash dont have to be comfortable in front of camera, we just need him to make runs and to be a good captain.

Electrequiem
June 3, 2007, 09:24 PM
The clip had some great moments for bangladeshi cricket. Nice to watch them again.

btw, was that Bashar's son during the one minute mark in the video? He came out of nowhere lol.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 09:53 PM

give it time bro.

cricket_pagol
June 3, 2007, 10:26 PM
btw, was that Bashar's son during the one minute mark in the video? He came out of nowhere lol.

I was wondering who that person was. After you pointed it out, I noticed the small head of the kid!

akabir77
June 3, 2007, 10:40 PM
When bashar took captaincy we had one batsman who scores 50 all the time and some who do a lot in their day. Now when Ash is taking the captaincy we have no consistent batsman and some who do a lot in their day. So Fans get ready to see some very low scores...

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 10:40 PM
I don't think he can do that without bringing up his own failures. If he knew how to do that he would have resigned from captaincy long time ago. However what he said about having another genuine pacer, off spinner, leg spinner, are true. Our SLA bowling is becoming a bit one-dimensional. We need more variety.

well said Hatebreed.

his refusal to add his own performance to the list of our shortcomings didn't surprise me either. he is right about the lack of genuine variety in our attack. i'd add the opening partnership issue to that list. he's also right about the misplaced importance given to club cricket by our cricketers.

jabbar
June 3, 2007, 10:50 PM

He will be in time.

The good thing about Ashraful is his aggressiveness, which may yield more wins for Bangladesh in the future. He is ambitious and young, so hopefully he will be able to lead from the front for a long time.

jabbar
June 3, 2007, 10:51 PM
When bashar took captaincy we had one batsman who scores 50 all the time and some who do a lot in their day. Now when Ash is taking the captaincy we have no consistent batsman and some who do a lot in their day. So Fans get ready to see some very low scores...

You are making a bod assumption here, and that is that Ash will become a less reliable batsman. He may well improve as a player with the added captaincy responsibility...

pagol-chagol
June 3, 2007, 11:09 PM
Nafis & Hatebreed - You got the crux of his point of view. He talks like a village politician who likes to say things that are beneficial to himself.

Don't listen to the politically correct bulls*** that anyone can say. Try to understand what he is thinking. Blaming the bowlers and not even mentioning the batsmen, wow! I think Joseph Goebbels' disciple Karl Rove would have been proud of that.

Reading between the lines - he doesn't think Ashraful could get the team to operate smoothly.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 11:14 PM
Nafis & Hatebreed - You got the crux of his point of view. He talks like a village politician who likes to say things that are beneficial to himself.

Don't listen to the politically correct bulls*** that anyone can say. Try to understand what he is thinking. Blaming the bowlers and not even mentioning the batsmen, wow! I think Joseph Goebbels' disciple Karl Rove would have been proud of that.

Reading between the lines - he doesn't think Ashraful could get the team to operate smoothly.

also that he never got the support from other players he needed himself. he'll never ask himself "why?"...

Luvlee_nik
June 4, 2007, 01:20 AM
haha was that hablus kid behind him? haha, ashraful and his 'inshaalla'!!! OMG!! I GOT A NEW CAMERA!! ITS SOOOOO COOL!!!! 7.2 MP!!! AND ITS A SONY!!! I LUV IT SOOO MUCH!! (haha, see my avatar? i took it with my awsum camera!!)

WarWolf
June 4, 2007, 03:09 AM
Doesn't matter. If he is comfortable as a captain and as a batsman that is more than enough.

Antora
June 4, 2007, 06:09 AM
thnx 4 da vid nasif bhai.. u rock!!!! LOL
omg Ashraful and his "inshallah' lol 4rm now on i shall call him da "inshallah dude"
and bahars son poping up 4rm no where.... now dat was scary....
anywayz im not sure about u pplz.. but i think bashar was a bit jelous!!!!! pmsl

Sovik
June 4, 2007, 06:21 AM
i really wanted to hear about his batting slump.

ialbd
June 4, 2007, 09:43 AM
thanx for the link Nasif bhai.... all the links should be stored in a bc link archive or sth, so that we can look back to these in the future...

then again 'bangla cricket' search in youtube does the trick for now....

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2007, 09:45 AM
When would we become a nation who can recognise our own fault?

sar2005
June 4, 2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the link.
I agree with PC that the tone from Bash was indicating a doubt that Ash will get enough support from the team. I hope and pray that he was wrong. Also he talked about lacking of a 2nd strike bowler but did not mention anything on batting performance. I thought it was our batting mostly that put us down.

akabir77
June 4, 2007, 11:27 AM
You are making a bod assumption here, and that is that Ash will become a less reliable batsman. He may well improve as a player with the added captaincy responsibility...

I hope you are right. But till now he is not consistent i don't know how captaincy will magically change him...

damalChele
June 4, 2007, 03:32 PM

people talk about his ability to speak english or not being comfortable in front of camera..but they forget that english is not is mother tongue nor is he an english student or teacher nor is he a bloody film star. As long as he is comfortable with his bloody bat and able to inspire his team by speaking whatever the language he chooses to..who cares?

Carte Blanche
June 4, 2007, 03:40 PM
You guys are being unnecessarily critical of Ash. His on-camera performance looked fine to me. He was never lost for words and had the right things to say. It almost seemed he was coached. Same goes for Bashar.

Great upload, again, Nafis bhai. :)

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 06:53 PM
people talk about his ability to speak english or not being comfortable in front of camera..but they forget that english is not is mother tongue nor is he an english student or teacher nor is he a bloody film star. As long as he is comfortable with his bloody bat and able to inspire his team by speaking whatever the language he chooses to..who cares?

Bravo, bravo. Kudos to this post. The house's finest pilsner on me :big_hug:!!!!!

knightrider357
June 4, 2007, 08:06 PM

well said...
for some strange reasons i believe we will see a more matured batsman in Ashraful... and definitely more fighting spirit and better performance within our team!!!

Go TIGers......

allrounder
June 5, 2007, 02:50 PM
Bashar not happy with the way he got the news about his test captaincy being stripped. The board did not tell him directly about the news when he was in India.

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 04:30 PM

Although there have been a few captains in the past that have improved after becoming captain, the great majority of captains seem to buckle under the added responsibility. I think there was an article on that on cricinfo a couple of months ago...