PDA

View Full Version : The best ball bowled by a Bangladesh bowler..yet

Imtiazk
June 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
Mashrafe Murtaza’s recent first ball dismissal reminded me of the best ball I have seen bowled by a Bangladeshi as yet. You may have your own personal favourite but what follows is mine.

The Bangladesh – Australia series in 2006 was not covered by any TV channel in the UK. However, the resourcefulness of the Bangalee diaspora knows no bounds. banglacricket.com came up with several options to follow the matches on the web with varying degrees of legality one presumes. But I remain eternally grateful for one such tip. The tipper I do not remember but he enabled me to make a massive financial killing though not of the monetary kind!

Somewhat apprehensively, I parted with $15 using my credit card to watch the series. But I need not have worried. Soon after I entered my password a tiny screen emerged on my laptop. I saw Bangladesh play as yet its best test innings with Nafees excelling, particularly sweeping against Warne. What followed, my return on investment merited an SEC enquiry.

Bangladesh were all out for 427 soon after lunch on the second day. The Australians were soon in trouble. Hayden went cheaply. But Hussey, sent to open, and Ponting carried on as Australians do. Ponting was lbw to the brisk Shahadat. Martin went soon after not reading Rafique who was bowling very well when Clarke walked in. Hussey was also soon bowled by Rafique.

Ponting’s injudicious remarks about the hosts’ right to test status had riled the Bangladeshis. Clarke and an uncharacteristic Gilchrist plodded on. To cut the preamble short, they added a pedestrian 18 runs off 7 overs.

Enamul Haque Junior to give his official name bowled spectacularly against Zimbabwe in the home series a year earlier. This was not good enough for Whatmore & co. to pick him in England because as the explanation went you needed three seamers in England! So, we picked Anwar Hossain Manju for the two tests here. Remember him? But I digress. I must return to the ball. So my story can really begin.

It was the 32<SUP>nd</SUP> over when Habibul Bashar turned to Enamul. Clarke played the first ball, bowled from round the wicket, defensively.

As Enamul walked in for his second ball there was nothing to indicate that a moment of true magic was about to be conjured.

He flighted the ball and it simply soared into the atmosphere almost at zero pace, if that was possible. Newton’s law of gravity was simply suspended. As Enamul himself explained later, he had concealed the shiny side inside thus letting the ball drift. To me that is the science part of the delivery. The romance is in the arts of it!

Modern television cameras are very sophisticated. They capture the minutest movement of the ball. Even the maker’s name is visible. However, no such technology could pick up the thin string, so thin that it could only be measured in nanometers, but a thousand times stronger than the spider’s thread, that Enamul had attached to the ball.

The ball had soared into space. It was meant to follow a parabolic route. That is what Clarke also thought. Little did he know that the wily Enamul was about to tug that string. As he gave that invisible tug, the ball lost pace, the flight changed. Clarke lunged forward in a classical forward defensive style , bat and pad together, knowing the ball would hit the middle of the bat as was pre-ordained. It was not to be. The ball fell well short.

So far I have only revealed the intricacies of the flight. But what about the spin! King Warne was in the pavilion next man in. But he too must have been impressed by the sheer rip that Enamul had given the ball. Clarke had already been, what cricketers knowledgably refer to as, beaten in flight. But the ball had more mysteries to offer.

As it made its descent from orbit, the ball hit Fatullah’s turf. No other projectile has ever made such an impact. It spun visciously out of Fatullah’s green earth, metamorphorising into a lethal cobra. Only Bangalees can tell you about the cobra’s sting. This is not the time or place to discuss that. Suffice to say, the ball spat like a cobra’s venom and sprung out for its prey. Clarke had not seen a Bengali cobra before but Khaled Mashud had. His gloves had transformed into a snakecharmers pouch. He may have seen such snake dance before. He need not have bothered this time.

The ball eluded Clarke’s broad bat – by a cat’s whisker. It did not reach Mashud’s pouch. The timber behind Clarke rattled. But only the off bail was disturbed. Or, so I like to remember. Clarke looked mesmerised, not believing what he had just seen. In fact, he probably still could hear the snakecharmers tune. For a thousandth of a second there was a stunned silence before the entire Bangalee nation rose as one.

The best ball by a Bangladeshi had been bowled and Clarke was comprehensively bowled! Australia were 79 for 5 in the 32<SUP>nd</SUP> over. What Shane Warne had made of the delivery as he walked in to bat is not recoreded. Gilchrist played a responsible heads down test innings. Australia eventually won by two wickets.

Zunaid
June 3, 2007, 05:55 PM
All I can say is maahvellous. Check your PM, please.

Nocturnal
June 3, 2007, 05:59 PM
very good post. :)
any link to watch this one?

ammark
June 3, 2007, 06:05 PM
Excellent post, Imtiaz Bhai. Agreed wholeheartedly. Thought of Enam's ripper as soon as I read the thread title. Mashrafee's first ball strike of Wasim Jaffer comes 2nd, no doubt. Followed by his deliveries to remove Sehwag and Dravid in 2004

cricman
June 3, 2007, 06:07 PM
Here is my Bangladesh Wonder Balls

31.2 Enamul Haque jnr to Clarke, OUT: ripper! flighted delivery on the
middle and leg stump line, drifting in with the arm and this one
turned square after hitting the deck, Clarke was clueless, ball
turns away just enough to beat the outside edge and the off stump
is pegged back
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled
Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this
one comes in sharply,, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits
the off stump, top class bowling!
0.3 Mashrafe Mortaza to Sehwag, OUT: bowled'm! good length delivery,
pitched outside the off stump and swinging in, Sehwag pushes
forward and gets beaten, ball crashes into the stumps, perfect
start for Mortaza and Bangladesh

Does anyone remember this ball? Warnesque ball from Ash

130.1 Mohammad Ashraful to Kumble, no run, BEATEN!!!, Kumble plays
forward to a big turning leg break and the ball just passes the
outside edge of the bat</pre>

tma
June 3, 2007, 06:14 PM
To me it's Mashrafe, but I can't decide which one is the best. There are two at least: first, when Mashrafe bowled Dravid in the 1st Test (India in BD, 2004). And second, when he recently bowled W. Jaffer in the 1st Test (India in BD, 2007).

There was one more I can remember still bowled by Marshrafe (ok.. no surprise I'm his fan! ;) which he bowled V. Sehwag in the 2nd ODI (India in BD, 2004).

Imtiazk
June 3, 2007, 06:21 PM
Excellent post, Imtiaz Bhai. Agreed wholeheartedly. Thought of Enam's ripper as soon as I read the thread title. Mashrafee's first ball strike of Wasim Jaffer comes 2nd, no doubt. Followed by his deliveries to remove Sehwag and Dravid in 2004

Didn't realise it would generate reacations so quickly. Now I have been reminded Rasel's dismissal of Sangakarra at Colombo - particularly the horror on Sangakarra's face - also stands. Particularly, if you remember from the replays Rasel had scrambled the seam unlike his stock deliveries which face 1st slip.

Of course, Murtaza's dismissal of Sehwag at Port-of-Spain was the most decisive. But the romance still is with Enamul's delivery. I do regret not seeing him play in England just after he took 18 wickets in 2 tests. Must have shattered his confidence. Notwithstanding the Clarke ball, he has never been the same.

fuzzy
June 3, 2007, 06:22 PM
when enamul haque jr dismised M clark at fattulah 1st test 1st inn, bit like the shane warnes ball of the century.

Hatebreed
June 3, 2007, 06:26 PM
I must have missed Enamul's gravity-defying, magic delivery. Is there any video for it?

Protic
June 3, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ah you missed a great delivery man.. =p soon rafique took warny's wicket with another beautiful delivery.. 91/6 !
Only if gilly didnt played that innings!

Hatebreed
June 3, 2007, 06:35 PM
Hang on, are we talking about the match in Fatullah? In that case I may have watched it.

Protic
June 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah in which we scored 427! SN & Bashar had a huge partnership..from 51/1 to 231/2 ..then we booked OZs for 265..and we lost eventually due to Ricky Ponting's innings and a drop catch by Mashrafe.. Remember? :D thats the match.

Zunaid
June 3, 2007, 06:50 PM
http://banglacricket.com/artimg/image24.jpg

Hatebreed
June 3, 2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah in which we scored 427! SN & Bashar had a huge partnership..from 51/1 to 231/2 ..then we booked OZs for 265..and we lost eventually due to Ricky Ponting's innings and a drop catch by Mashrafe.. Remember? :D thats the match.

I remember.. but I also try to forget the manner in which we let it go. :(

Anher
June 3, 2007, 07:06 PM
Mashrafe Murtaza’s recent first ball dismissal reminded me of the best ball I have seen bowled by a Bangladeshi as yet. You may have your own personal favourite but what follows is mine.

The Bangladesh – Australia series in 2006 was not covered by any TV channel in the UK. However, the resourcefulness of the Bangalee diaspora knows no bounds. banglacricket.com came up with several options to follow the matches on the web with varying degrees of legality one presumes. But I remain eternally grateful for one such tip. The tipper I do not remember but he enabled me to make a massive financial killing though not of the monetary kind!

Somewhat apprehensively, I parted with $15 using my credit card to watch the series. But I need not have worried. Soon after I entered my password a tiny screen emerged on my laptop. I saw Bangladesh play as yet its best test innings with Nafees excelling, particularly sweeping against Warne. What followed, my return on investment merited an SEC enquiry.

Bangladesh were all out for 427 soon after lunch on the second day. The Australians were soon in trouble. Hayden went cheaply. But Hussey, sent to open, and Ponting carried on as Australians do. Ponting was lbw to the brisk Shahadat. Martin went soon after not reading Rafique who was bowling very well when Clarke walked in. Hussey was also soon bowled by Rafique.

Ponting’s injudicious remarks about the hosts’ right to test status had riled the Bangladeshis. Clarke and an uncharacteristic Gilchrist plodded on. To cut the preamble short, they added a pedestrian 18 runs off 7 overs.

Enamul Haque Junior to give his official name bowled spectacularly against Zimbabwe in the home series a year earlier. This was not good enough for Whatmore & co. to pick him in England because as the explanation went you needed three seamers in England! So, we picked Anwar Hossain Manju for the two tests here. Remember him? But I digress. I must return to the ball. So my story can really begin.

It was the 32<SUP>nd</SUP> over when Habibul Bashar turned to Enamul. Clarke played the first ball, bowled from round the wicket, defensively.

As Enamul walked in for his second ball there was nothing to indicate that a moment of true magic was about to be conjured.

He flighted the ball and it simply soared into the atmosphere almost at zero pace, if that was possible. Newton’s law of gravity was simply suspended. As Enamul himself explained later, he had concealed the shiny side inside thus letting the ball drift. To me that is the science part of the delivery. The romance is in the arts of it!

Modern television cameras are very sophisticated. They capture the minutest movement of the ball. Even the maker’s name is visible. However, no such technology could pick up the thin string, so thin that it could only be measured in nanometers, but a thousand times stronger than the spider’s thread, that Enamul had attached to the ball.

The ball had soared into space. It was meant to follow a parabolic route. That is what Clarke also thought. Little did he know that the wily Enamul was about to tug that string. As he gave that invisible tug, the ball lost pace, the flight changed. Clarke lunged forward in a classical forward defensive style , bat and pad together, knowing the ball would hit the middle of the bat as was pre-ordained. It was not to be. The ball fell well short.

So far I have only revealed the intricacies of the flight. But what about the spin! King Warne was in the pavilion next man in. But he too must have been impressed by the sheer rip that Enamul had given the ball. Clarke had already been, what cricketers knowledgably refer to as, beaten in flight. But the ball had more mysteries to offer.

As it made its descent from orbit, the ball hit Fatullah’s turf. No other projectile has ever made such an impact. It spun visciously out of Fatullah’s green earth, metamorphorising into a lethal cobra. Only Bangalees can tell you about the cobra’s sting. This is not the time or place to discuss that. Suffice to say, the ball spat like a cobra’s venom and sprung out for its prey. Clarke had not seen a Bengali cobra before but Khaled Mashud had. His gloves had transformed into a snakecharmers pouch. He may have seen such snake dance before. He need not have bothered this time.

The ball eluded Clarke’s broad bat – by a cat’s whisker. It did not reach Mashud’s pouch. The timber behind Clarke rattled. But only the off bail was disturbed. Or, so I like to remember. Clarke looked mesmerised, not believing what he had just seen. In fact, he probably still could hear the snakecharmers tune. For a thousandth of a second there was a stunned silence before the entire Bangalee nation rose as one.

The best ball by a Bangladeshi had been bowled and Clarke was comprehensively bowled! Australia were 79 for 5 in the 32<SUP>nd</SUP> over. What Shane Warne had made of the delivery as he walked in to bat is not recoreded. Gilchrist played a responsible heads down test innings. Australia eventually won by two wickets.

Awesome! Top class Bowl by Imtiazk. Thats the imtiazk i was talking about in another thread. You just described the beauty consist on one delievery end...less...ly. Please dont stop! want to see more of you....

Electrequiem
June 3, 2007, 07:18 PM
ImtiazK ... that was probably one of the greatest bits of writing I have come across in BC! The endless-ness of your writing paralelled the soaring of that delivery. I haven't seen Enam bowl that delivery though ... but now you make me wish that I had!

Fellow BC members ... any link to the video?

To me, the best Bdeshi delivery I have seen yet would have to be:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=446 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>31.2</TD><TD width="100%">Mohammad Rafique to Flintoff, OUT, we still have a game here ... Flintoff barely moves his feet and is completely undone by the arm ball and bowled neck and crop. A great player but he looked as impotent as a club No. 11 there. He throws his head back and looks to the heavens ... </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=30></TD><TD>A Flintoff b Mohammad Rafique 23 (29m 21b 3x4 1x6) SR: 109.52 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TaxiDriver
June 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
Great piece of writing but can anyone please provide the video link aswell?? I was not able to watch that test match!

syzygy
June 3, 2007, 07:54 PM
i thought u r perhaps the most wise poster here, now i see u r the best writer too.

Zunaid
June 3, 2007, 08:01 PM
Fast tracked to the front page!

The best ball bowled by a Bangladesh bowler..yet
Imtiaz Kabir
Having just relished Mashrafe Mortaza’s recent first ball dismissal, the author reminisces about the best ball yet bowled by a Bangladeshi bowler. His minds eye takes him back to home Test versus Australia at Fatullah.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read article » (http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=464)

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 08:01 PM
Its Mashrafe's Sewag dismissal on Boxing day, 2005 for me.

A good thread after some time.

BD Tigers
June 3, 2007, 08:09 PM
very nicely put. i saw the delivery but dont have it saved. Its something Enam Jr. also cherishes. I hope he comes back good in the next test.

ammark
June 3, 2007, 10:12 PM
I remember the interview of Enam after the close of session's play, he said:

"Yes, magic ball. For that ball I put shiny side inside". That genuinely evoked so much pride that here we had a Really good thinking bowler. Add to that What RM had said on enam in bc previously. It felt so gratifying.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 10:21 PM
when enamul haque jr dismised M clark at fattulah 1st test 1st inn, bit like the shane warnes ball of the century.

my choice also.

my favorites: QUOTE He flighted the ball and it simply soared into the atmosphere almost at zero pace, if that was possible. Newton’s law of gravity was simply suspended. As Enamul himself explained later, he had concealed the shiny side inside thus letting the ball drift. To me that is the science part of the delivery. The romance is in the arts of it!

So far I have only revealed the intricacies of the flight. But what about the spin! King Warne was in the pavilion next man in. But he too must have been impressed by the sheer rip that Enamul had given the ball. Clarke had already been, what cricketers knowledgably refer to as, beaten in flight. But the ball had more mysteries to offer.UNQUOTE

delicious writing Imtiazk, exceptional thread, better decision to fast track it to the front page. thanks Z-bhai.

Nocturnal
June 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
A good thread after some time.

ditto.

One World
June 3, 2007, 10:29 PM
Nice write up. Specially the comparison with cobra. Pilot the snake charmer!!

:) good read.

jabbar
June 3, 2007, 10:42 PM
You describe it with such flair and descriptiveness! You are a true cricket man!

akabir77
June 3, 2007, 10:55 PM
Is there any video clip of that ball?
I didn't saw the delivery so i can't vote for that. The best ball that i saw was bowled by Mashrafi to Shvag in bangladesh where he bowled him in first over with a big in-swinger...

Shafin
June 4, 2007, 12:42 AM
Extremely well written.Thanks a lot.

BD_Ashraful
June 4, 2007, 02:20 AM
Has anyone got a video of that ball or any great bangladesh bowls post them here

Shaan
June 4, 2007, 02:51 AM
ImtaizK You made the beauty here.. look now how many people are desiring to watch that delivery again and again even myself. Man your explanation and analysis of that particular delivery is top class, arrogance, and elegant. Please share more of same kinds of things..

jawaherul
June 4, 2007, 04:51 AM
wonderful post imtiazk . for long time , i have not read such artistic , fantastic writing . extraordinary description of an equally extraordinary ball . thanks , bro .

can someone post any video of that ball ?

zahid
June 4, 2007, 05:54 AM
The best one was by Bikash - inside edge and to the stumps !

mbssr
June 4, 2007, 06:47 AM
TO me the best ball was the first wicket in test for Bangladesh in debut test, Bowled by fahim muntasir/sabbir khan/durjoy... an off spinner to get the first wicket cheaply. Superb off spin, batsman forwarded his leg effortlessly not to contact rather to shield. the ball turned big to dislodge the wicket.

Luvlee_nik
June 4, 2007, 07:07 AM
hmm, why are we being reffered to as 'banglaee' we are bangladeshis, more passionate we shouldnt get mixed up with anotha countrys population hu happen to be just like us anywayz. haha, im only saying this cos a BANGLADESHI bowled the 'beauty' not a random labels person (huh?)

ammark
June 4, 2007, 02:35 PM
hmm, why are we being reffered to as 'banglaee' we are bangladeshis, more passionate we shouldnt get mixed up with anotha countrys population hu happen to be just like us anywayz. haha, im only saying this cos a BANGLADESHI bowled the 'beauty' not a random labels person (huh?)

Relax, who was the last bangali bowler who bowled a beaut like that anyways when India played another team? ;) Lets not get into another polemic on identities, Enam leads the tables by a longshot.

Farhad
June 4, 2007, 02:40 PM
Exceptional writing Imtiaz bhai...Good job :up:

Enams delivery would be my pick too. That kids definitely got alot of potential...

ialbd
June 4, 2007, 02:48 PM
well written ImtiazK, a different writing (font o different....). I badly need to get hold of the videos for these deliveries. Should be a great compilation.... lets see if I can get them together.....

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:10 PM
well written ImtiazK, a different writing (font o different....). I badly need to get hold of the videos for these deliveries. Should be a great compilation.... lets see if I can get them together.....

Look no further if you want compilations...I'm your man.

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:11 PM
The best ball from a BD Batsman is:

1. Mortaza to Sehwag WC
2. Razzaq getting Tendu

oracle
June 4, 2007, 09:03 PM
enjoyed reading the article very much, Imtiaz. Even though I would not agree that this was the best ball delivered.
Good job.

Pundit
June 4, 2007, 10:05 PM
One wonders why we only have a countable number of such deliveries. Until I get to see bowlers repeating such splendors with regularity, I will have to remain content with such write-ups for bed time reads.

Just one single delivery does not warrant such writing or focus.

Zunaid
June 4, 2007, 10:06 PM
enjoyed reading the article very much, Imtiaz. Even though I would not agree that this was the best ball delivered.
Good job.

Ok, Oracle. Put your money where your mouth is. What is the he best ball delivered? Better yet, give us an article :)

Now, don't run out on me. The heat in New Delhi isn't really that bad.

BappyHayat
June 5, 2007, 01:00 AM
Nice Topic

I am partially agreeing with the thread starter - but I dont know - in my mind - when i think of the best bowl from a Bangladeshi bowler - I always recall Shanto in 1999 WC vs Scottland.It was an inswinging yorker against Bruce Patterson - possibly the best bowl ever bowled by Shanto ... and maybe even by a Bangladeshi bowler

Can anyone actually remember the bowl? Whats your thought?
Here is the findings

http://www1.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/WORLD_CUPS/WC99/SCORECARDS/GROUP-B/BDESH_SCOT_WC99_ODI17_24MAY1999_BBB-COMMS.html

0.1 Hasibul Hussain to Patterson, no run
0.2 Hasibul Hussain to Patterson, OUT: what a ball, swinging in
heavily, rapped on the pads, big appeal, umpire francis had no
doubt in that, and gone

Scotland 0/1, Partnership of 0
BMW Patterson lbw b Hasibul Hussain 0 (2b 0x4 0x6)
Hasibul Hussain 0.2-0-0-1 - City End

new batsman: Mike Smith

Mahir
June 5, 2007, 01:29 AM
Extremely well-composed piece, Imtiazk :). My personal pick differs, and Enam's magic delivery comes second to Mashrafee's jaffas on Dravid & Sehwag in the 2004 home series.

Imtiazk
June 5, 2007, 12:43 PM
Extremely well-composed piece, Imtiazk :). My personal pick differs, and Enam's magic delivery comes second to Mashrafee's jaffas on Dravid & Sehwag in the 2004 home series.

On a slightly different topic, I am interested about your use of the word "jaffa". From your thread I see you live in Canada, yet you use "jaffa" , presumably, to describe an unplayable ball. This word is widely used colloquially in England in club cricket for the same reason. Nowadays I hear Agnew use it on Radio. I suppose the Sky commentators also use it.

I had supposed that the origin of this colloquiallism must have been rooted in Jaffa oranges. Orange = ball ? Where did you first hear about it ?

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
On a slightly different topic, I am interested about your use of the word "jaffa". From your thread I see you live in Canada, yet you use "jaffa" , presumably, to describe an unplayable ball. This word is widely used colloquially in England in club cricket for the same reason. Nowadays I hear Agnew use it on Radio. I suppose the Sky commentators also use it.

I had supposed that the origin of this colloquiallism must have been rooted in Jaffa oranges. Orange = ball ? Where did you first hear about it ?

Steven Lynch from the AskStevens column tackled this a while back. Its become more of a cricket term nowadays as its hardly ever used outside of the field. (Im guessing Mahir bhai heard it from a commentator.) As far as i remember, Steven thought it came from a little known Australian sweet. An Aussie commentator used it, and the terms hung on ever since...

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 01:06 PM
Here it is. He actually talked about it in two separate incidents:

I've heard commentators talking about a ball being a "jaffa". What does this mean, and where did it come from? asked Ken Daley from Portsmouth

A "jaffa", in cricket terms, is an unexpectedly good ball. The new Wisden Dictionary of Cricket, by Michael Rundell, describes it as: "A ball that moves unexpectedly in the air or off the pitch, and is almost impossible for the batsman to play successfully; an unplayable delivery, so called because - from the bowler's point of view, at least - it is a 'juicy' delivery."

And there's an afterthought on last week's question about "jaffas", from James Edward from New Zealand, among others:
"A Jaffa is a round chocolate sweet coated in an orange-flavoured red sugar shell. I've heard Richard Hadlee use the term, and this delicacy is certainly sold in Australia and New Zealand. Given the resemblance to a cricket ball, I submit that this is the origin of the word."

Imtiazk
June 6, 2007, 08:48 AM
Here it is. He actually talked about it in two separate incidents:

Thanks. I was never aware of this Antipodean fruit ! I also like the inference to a "juicy" delivery. But it has really taken on amongst the commentators in the last 10 years or so.

cricman
April 1, 2011, 09:28 PM
Well theres this poster Cricketweb and he's a youtube phenomenon (Rated Top 100 worldwide). He has Terabytes worth of Cricket Clips and He kindly uploaded this magic ball bowled by Jr

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

And on CW he has a Youtube Thread where you can Ask for requests

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WE2tdQP9U9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

shakibrulz
April 1, 2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah robe is a leg. All the footage in his channel is Gold.

This ball is no match to shaks ball to bell though. :-p
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

One World
April 1, 2011, 10:41 PM
From NZ series, there are two balls outstanding from all, Rubel to Mills and Shak to Elliot.

Ian Pont
April 2, 2011, 01:06 AM
Rubel to Mills was THE best reverse swing yorker I have seen under pressure. PERFECT.

shakibrulz
April 2, 2011, 01:12 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hdZtKvHTRss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed.

shajib14
April 2, 2011, 04:36 AM
I am really surprised that members here did'nt mention the Shakib al hasan dlivery to dismiss Ian Bell during the second test match against England in Old Trafford, Manchester last year. Ball pitching on the leg stump and clipping the top of off stump sharply, truly wonderful. Bell was very set at the crease, batting on 128 before he got that one. It can certainly compete as the best delivery bowled by a bangladeshi bowler.Video link is below, starts from 50 seconds of part 2-

http://www.crichotline.com/bangladesh-vs-england-2nd-test-2010-day-2-highlights-manchester/

shakibrulz
April 2, 2011, 05:48 AM
Lol i mentioned it. Epic ball that was.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Farhad
April 2, 2011, 11:23 AM
I am really surprised that members here did'nt mention the Shakib al hasan dlivery to dismiss Ian Bell during the second test match against England in Old Trafford, Manchester last year. Ball pitching on the leg stump and clipping the top of off stump sharply, truly wonderful. Bell was very set at the crease, batting on 128 before he got that one. It can certainly compete as the best delivery bowled by a bangladeshi bowler.Video link is below, starts from 50 seconds of part 2-

http://www.crichotline.com/bangladesh-vs-england-2nd-test-2010-day-2-highlights-manchester/

I'm sure that would be a pretty popular pick had this thread been any newer. Most of the posts on this thread were made back in 2007...

Rubels dismissal would be right up there as well...

al Furqaan
April 2, 2011, 01:26 PM
Rubel had a very good ball to...not sure if it was the best.

But Shakib's I rate higher than Enamul as well, not to take anything away from Enam. Rajib's yorker to Dravid was also phenomenal.

lamisa
April 3, 2011, 10:44 AM
i was at the stadium when rubel bowled that beauty!!!now when i see it,man that was an absolute ripper!but i would say that the best i saw was from shakib to bell.

Neel Here
April 3, 2011, 11:29 AM
here is the thread on that shakib delivery.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1164084&postcount=1

Nafi
April 3, 2011, 07:10 PM
Rajib yorker to dravid was fantastic delivery, tricked dravid thinking it was boundary - easy to hit, legside half volley, late swing made him completely miss the line and cleaned him up. Never seen dravid made to look so silly before.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

akabir77
April 3, 2011, 07:56 PM
found the clip...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WE2tdQP9U9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zeeshan
April 3, 2011, 08:58 PM
1. Rubel to Mills
2. Shakib's gatting-delivery-like spin to take out the English batsman in Test.

Purbasha T
April 3, 2011, 10:10 PM
found the clip...

For how long have I been looking for this?!!? :) :)

Ripper!! Right up there among the best deliveries BD bowlers have bowled.

Rifat
April 3, 2011, 11:48 PM
Two of the best i have seen:

Shakib-al-hasan to Grant elliot Shakib celebrates by outstretching his arms with shahadat finger pointed outwards 2nd ODI Bangladesh vs. New Zealand the only ODI where they got THRASHED!

Rubel Hossain to Kyle Mills in a low scoring thriller the last delivery to be bowled in the same series.(clip is a few posts above)

:sigh: when will the next BanglaWash happen? Don't tell me Zimbabwe, Because I am kinda sick and tired of playing them(no offense!)

CricFreaky
April 3, 2011, 11:49 PM
It has to be one got bowled Shewag by Mashrafe ;

bujhee kom
April 4, 2011, 12:44 AM
I think it is yet to be bowled!

cricgenius
April 4, 2011, 03:06 AM
THERE CANT BE ONLY ONE
Fast bowling :
:in Odi :Mortaza against Veeru in 2004( our first win against Bharat)
: in Test: Rasel against Sangakara in Srilanka,2005 (only in his 2nd test...he bowled a Mcgrath like over, taking few away from the batsman before bringing one at him (u must watch the over to judge it ), Mortazas delivery to Dravide comes close ( dravid left the ball )
Spin:
in Odi: I dont know---------------------------------(-fill in the blank)
in Test : Moyna's turn against Belly win it hands dows....Enam jr..comes close!!

One World
April 4, 2011, 03:14 AM
Nobody mentioned Ash to De Villiers!!

Surprise Surprise

fuzzy
April 4, 2011, 04:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2tdQP9U9Q

enamul haque jr