PDA

View Full Version : Where were you?

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 08:27 PM
Time for a little nostalgia. Lets sahre.

Where were you when;

1. Bangladesh beat Pakistan in WC 1999.
2. BD beat Australia in Cardiff.
3. BD beat India in WC 2007.

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 08:31 PM
1. I was in Dhaka when we beat Pakistan in 1999. Enjoyed the game with my father, hit the streets soon after, ended up in front of TSC.

2. Watched BD beat Australia on the net in New York with my infant child on my lap.

3. Had a WC party in my house in New York. Watched BD polish off India with about 15 friends.

Omio
June 3, 2007, 08:31 PM
BD beat Pak- I was in BD and watching the game with my mom , brother.
BD beat Australia in Cardiff- I was in the field with my friend.
BD beat India in WC 2007- At my house..

Rifat
June 3, 2007, 08:36 PM
1. when bangladesh beat pakistan i was in fifth grade studying in bangladesh for my final exam and boy of boy i was excited and stopped studying as soon as the fifth wicket fell.

2. i am in America prabably sleeping or at school, unaware of bangladesh success... in 2005

3.i was at my uncle's house, watching the whole game from the 8th over till the end. very angry very emotional, and just kept saying, "i am happy and thankful" (law of attraction was working for me that day)and hoping die hard that bangladesh teach india a lesson, i was very happy in the end.

4. to add to your entertainment, i was in my uncle's house(watching, dish network) when Bangaldesh defeated South Africa, this time i wasn't very emotional or anyhting but praying die hard for a better performance and in the end the tigers has gifted all the proud bangladeshis a gift in disguise, not just me

Electrequiem
June 3, 2007, 08:37 PM
1. Bangladesh beat Pakistan in WC 1999: Hahah ... my only memory of a famous BD win while I was living in Bangladesh. I remember immediately after the match, I went to the streets with my Mamas ... people were throwing 'rong' at each other near the Eskaton/Moghbazar intersection. It was a grand time. I remember my mom cooked some biryani to mark the occasion.

2. BD Beat Australia in Cardiff: USA. I didnt even know of the match before my friend from BD called. I was totally awe-struck! It wasn't long before I got to see the highlights, though:)

3. Bd Beat India in WC 2007: USA. Now THAT I remember. I ordered the DishNEtwork World Cup package just the day before, and this match made it worth every penny of the $199.99. Our whole family was watching, along with some of my Pakistani and Indian friends ... needless to say, my Indian buds were for India, while the rest of us where for the Tigers. When that ominous score (159) came about for India, and the wickets started rolling, our neighbors were a little angry from all the noises we were making. And along came Tamim's blistering innings ... its funny how loud "a few asian kids can be," to quote my neighbor :). Once again, the victory was followed by my Mom's famous Biryani.

Rifat
June 3, 2007, 08:45 PM
must be some good biryani yum...

Electrequiem
June 3, 2007, 09:32 PM
must be some good biryani yum...

you bet it was :)

Mahir
June 3, 2007, 10:09 PM
When...

1. Bangladesh beat Pakistan in WC 1999 :

I was at... Dhaka, Bangladesh. Came home from school early to watch the game on our small sized TV. Watched with parents, with occassional screams and some tears of happinss at the end. I was just 11.

2. BD beat Australia in Cardiff :

I was at... Toronto, Canada. Listened to audio commentary on Paltalk, at home, and on my PC, and enjoyed like never before. It was classic. A few screams in the early morning hours weren't all that appropriate though!

3. BD beat India in WC 2007 :

I was at... Toronto, Canada. Missed the middle part of India's innings due to an appointment at hospial for my sister. Watched the first and last 10 overs at home, on TV. Then came the best part of the day : Decided to skip an exam in university, and went straight to a friend's house, where a dozen of us saw the dismantling of the Indian bowlers. The celebratory dance after every wicket fall, was done quite well! Day ended with street party and a nice car rally.

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 10:14 PM

Where were you when;

1. the financial district in san francisco, my cousin A called me with the news.
2. south avenue gym in dhaka, watching the match while running at a leisurely 6.5, 1.5 incline on the treadmill.
3. with my family, watching the match and mandira bedi's succulence while munching on a wide variety of exquisitely prepared khash dhakaiya goodies.

One World
June 3, 2007, 10:18 PM
Dhaka, Fargo, Nashville

Watched all three live!

gatekeeper
June 3, 2007, 10:38 PM
2. ...................watching the match while running at a leisurely 6.5, 1.5 incline on the treadmill.

You ran for the duration of the game? You're the fittest man I know.:-/

Nocturnal
June 3, 2007, 10:40 PM
1. was in dhaka, watching with my abba, hit the streets soon after, ended up in front of TSC just like gatekeeper bhai. :)
2. was in alberta, followed the audio from paltalk, bacame BC member right way to celebrate, good old BC :)
3.was in alberta, watched the game in my laptop, participated in BC's match thread, and celebrate with fellow BC member. There was a good number of newbies next day to celebrate like Me 2 years ago. :)

Sohel
June 3, 2007, 10:43 PM
You ran for the duration of the game? You're the fittest man I know.:-/

not the entire duration of the game, just the last 20 overs or so, not that hard really. active surfer and amateur triathlete back then. a LOT has changed since.

bangla_usa
June 3, 2007, 10:49 PM
1. I was in Dhaka. First, I decided not to watch BD-Pak match as BD lost their earlier matches so pathetically, I was scared to be heart-broken again. But that time, BUET was closed for some 'faltu ganjum' and I had nothing to do but watching the game and that was priceless. Later I hit the street too with my friends.

2. I was in Texas following the match on Cricinfo and paltalk. I had to give a ride someone to the airport in the middle of the game and that made me angry; even I got more angry when I told that person 'BD has a chance to win today as Australia restricted to 249' and that person laughed at me! LOSER!!

3. In Texas too watching the game on sopcast with my wife. Feeling so happy thinking of my indian friends during the game..haha

Hatebreed
June 3, 2007, 10:56 PM
1. In Dhaka at home. The electicity went towards the very end, so we were listening to commentry on the radio. When we won the whole neighbourhood was screaming with joy.

2. In London at a party. Not even aware of the match, got the news via a text from a friend in BD. Joined BC the next day!

3. In London, at Miraz bhai's house with several other BC members.

BD Tigers
June 3, 2007, 10:56 PM
1. I was in USA, in an apartment watching it on Dish Network at the middle of the night. At the dawn, me and my frds were jumping up & down in our 2nd floor. Thank God that the downstairs didnt call the police :)

2. Was at Dallas at frds place listening and watching the game on computer and screaming like hell.

3. At my house, watching w/ 10+ people and jumping and screaming all we cud.

AsifTheManRahman
June 3, 2007, 11:08 PM
Why does the thread title sound like an accusation? :)

1. At home, unable to study for my grade eight finals.
2. Sound asleep, having given up hope on a team that had been pretty out of sorts in the test series.
3. Jumping up and down in front of a projector screen on campus with 25 other fans.

layperson
June 3, 2007, 11:50 PM
1. Pak-BD: Was at home in Dhaka watching the match with my dad.

2. BD-Aus: I was living in North York at that time. I had gone down to Danforth in one of the bengali grocery store to get some desi stuff to cook. I was not following the match so just asked the guy in the store about the score and he smiled at me and said BD won. I did not believe him and I thought the guy was kidding. Later on when the cars started to pour into the danforth region to celebrate I realized the truth. I was passing through some of the most memorable times of my entire life that summer, something that I will take to my grave with me. Adding icing to those times was the victory of the BD team against Australia. I was elated that day.

3. BD-India: After our plan to go to Montreal had fallen apart, I ended up deciding not to go anywhere and just watch the match from work. After BD started batting I ended up closing the doors so that no one could come in. I was lucky my supervisor did not decide to drop by that day like she used to do during other random Saturdays. Thoroughly enjoyed the match.

BTW, Gatekeeper bhai superb thread topic. One of the best going on now.

BD-Shardul
June 4, 2007, 12:21 AM
1. I was a grade 6 student at that time, and didn't understand cricket at all.
2. I was at home, but didn't have the chance to watch the game.
3. I was watching the game.

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 12:49 AM

Where were you when;

1. Bangladesh beat Pakistan in WC 1999
- 13 years old and glued to the TV at home in Bangladesh jumping with joy over Inzamamul Haqs dismissal until Nannu and Mahmud snatched the game away from then for us :flag:!

2. BD beat Australia in Cardiff - Had just landed that very morning for my vacation in Bangladesh.....having seen wickets fall earlier, turner the TV off and went to have dinner. Came back to see the change in the wind and was glued to the TV, jumping with joy, on the phone, on the net, in different forums, and just going crazy in the middle of the night :flag:!

3. BD beat India in WC 2007 - Most NY people would know the place I am tallking about and may have been there that day as well :D!!!!!

It was snowing terribly the day before in NJ.....walked through 8-9 inches of snow to the train station, took the delayed train, got to NY where it was snowing no less bad (maybe a little less but stil BAD ENOUGH! And heard it snowed more in NJ!). Stayed at a friend's Mama's house and could not sleep!

In the morning, I thought of watching the match at Alauddin's or some place but decided to pay up $10 and go to the Eagle Theater. Was disappointed at the extras bowled by Mash first up, but then went berserk with the rest of the crowd at the fall of the first wicket. I expected the majority fans to there to be Indians but was thankfully wrong. At least 70-75% of the fans in the first innings were Bangladeshi, while in the second innings it was 80-85%.....an unforgettable day in my life.....during the break, I got the news of Ireland mauling Pakistan and it felt good knowing the so-called "minnows" can dominate well!

After the match, everyone in the street I could find were all joyous and in mood for partying! A great, great day to be a Bangladeshi in NYC!

MohammedC
June 4, 2007, 12:50 AM

Where were you when;

1-When Bangladesh beat Pakistan WC 1999 I was in the ground in Northampton. What a memorable day that was the 3rd BD game I watched live that world cup
2-I was in London, was gutted could not go I was really ill that time
3-I was at work then came home when India was about 3 batsman down

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 12:55 AM
1. I was a grade 6 student at that time, and didn't understand cricket at all.
2. I was at home, but didn't have the chance to watch the game.
3. I was watching the game.

Hey, dude, we're the same age and were cricket both cricket duffers at the same time :P!!!!!

I learned the game of "CRICKET" by watching the first WC '99 match - SL vs ENG.....Alan Mullally became my favourtie bowler back then until of course I saw Lance Klusener :D!!!!!

Getting back on topic, check my next post please :D!!!!!

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 12:57 AM
Tigers’ Fan Following
March 16:

I live in the city of Elizabeth, in the state of New Jersey in the USA. On the day before the first Bangladesh match, it was snowing really very bad. Actually it was a mixture of sleet and snow. My university was closed down due to the tremendous bad weather and by the time I set my mind to definitely not miss this game the next day, it was already 4:00 Pm and there was over 6 inches of snow/sleet mix outside. Traffic was horrendously slow. I was determined to walk to the train station even in such a bad weather. On a regular day a walk to the station would be a 15 minutes for me. But it was to be almost twice the time that day for there was gusty wind blowing and the sleet made the white covering on the sidewalk hard instead of soft to walk on.

Yet I walked my way to the station. Thinking how I must have missed the train by a few minutes, I was proven wrong when there was an announcement saying how the train would be 20 minutes late to arrive. Great! Here I was standing on this platform 30 feet above the street with such strong winds that seemed to nearly be threatening to push me off the side railings, and add to that the tiny sleet hitting my face like a Brett Lee yorker coming at what felt like a 100 mph!

I wait, and wait, and wait! Finally the train arrives. I get on the train and it reaches the New York Penn Station late! Very late!

There were so many people in there due to the delay that I nearly had to crowd surf like in a rock concert and get myself out into the subway station. So there I was waiting for the E train to take me to Roosevelt Avenue in Queens, NY.

I boarded the train and accidentally missed my stop when I dozed off (hadn't slept the previous night, too excited to watch my country play the game). So what did I do? I stopped at the next station and cussed myself, tried calling my friend to ask him to pick me up, but whoa! I forgot, my cellular phone does not have any network in subways!

I waited for the next V train, got on board and arrived at my destination a few hours later than I was to be there!

In my daze I tried to find a place to crash for the night at and my friend’s uncle let me stay over at his place. So there I was walking a few more blocks to get to his house.

I got there and neither I nor my friend could sleep. The excitement was too much to handle! Call us over-confident, but we knew what would follow the next day - a victory to our Tigers!

March 17:

Just at about 7:30 Am, it was getting pretty hard to keep our eyelids open, but we prepared ourselves and walked down two blocks to Eagle Theater where they would telecast the match LIVE.

1st Innings:

At first our natural thoughts were "Dude, should we scream our lungs out when our kids hit a 6 or a 4 or when an Indian wicket falls? I mean, I bet there'd be so many Indians here today; they have always got tons of fans everywhere! Would we be slain or something *laughs*"

The hall started filling in. We were the first in there though - 8:30 Am - 45 minutes before the match was to start.

Slowly we could hear the murmuring of people, and wow, they spoke Bangla! Could they be from Kolkata? No, wait, their accent was more like ours.

The first innings started. Mashrafe Mortaza followed our hopes up with a few extras and everyone frowned. And then a wicket! Another one followed!

The hall started to fill in. Slowly but surely as the runs went dry and wickets tumbled at regular intervals, every time the Indian batsmen were troubled, the roaring for the Bangladesh supporting crowd seemed to increase.

Heck! We were wrong! The fans here were mostly Bangladeshi fans! We waited and counted the number of people who cheered for India just out of curiosity - 12 Indian fans in the first Innings to that of 125 Bangladesh fans.

Occasionally we dozed of when Saurav Ganguly and Yuvraj Singh started to reconstruct the innings, but every single time we had shut-eye, it wasn't even 30 seconds or so before everyone would clap and cheer the Tigers' fielding effort or their immaculate line-and-length, their precision bowling.

At the end of the Indian innings when their 5 wickets tumbled for only 2 runs, the crowd went absolutely nuts! Everyone became each other's brother, cheering, giving hi-5s, hugs flying around and the crazy tiger dances!

What a match, what a moment it was!

Lunch Break:

We hiked back home.

2nd Innings:

We missed the first 2 over where Tamim Iqbal made Ice Kachang of Zaheer Khan and Munaf Patel's bowling, and entered right when Shahriar Nafees was adjudged LBW.
What dismay! Then again, Tamim kept his slogging on and the crowd went crazy! This time it was something like 25 Indian fans to over 175-200 Bangladeshi fans! It was a full-house!

Every single misfielding by the Indians, every single smack down the ground for sixes and fours, every singles, twos and threes and were cheered on. Mushfiqur Rahim's solid defense and Sakib-al-Hasan's hits for 4s, the crowd never stopped from the word get-go to cheer for Bangladesh.

I'm neither trying to be boastful about my team's fielding efforts, nor am I trying to criticize any Indian fans but during the end of the innings, the Men-In-Blue fans in the hall would cheer for every single Indian fielding attempt even if the fielder goofed up bad!

And when Bangladesh won the match - It was sight to be seen!
The cheers were doused for a little while during post match interviews, where in comparison to Dravid's pretty dull replies, Bashar’s was cheered on immensely and the roaring of the Tiger fans resumed!

Being there that day was like being at a stand in Port-of-Spain in Trinidad! There was barely any difference! Had the Mexican-Wave been performed by the crowd at Port-of-Spain, I'm sure it would be have been emulated in the theater as well!

I had no freaking idea before that day that my countrymen were as crazy as my country's neighbor when it came to their cricket team. Mind you, in the end we celebrated the victory but were respectful to the Indian fans after the match!

A gloomy day followed by bright sunshine and people out on the street all cheering for Bangladesh, and partying till the sun went down was a truly sweet moment to remember.

It was one heck of a day. Not just because Bangladesh won, but because I got to know the gargantuan fan following Bangladesh has in Northern America and in the Caribbean if not all over the world!

yaseer
June 4, 2007, 01:06 AM
In all those three great occassions.....I was in Dhaka......in my home.......and was watching the match live in TV...

:fanflag:

Luvlee_nik
June 4, 2007, 01:08 AM

Where were you when;

1. I was in school, in grade 2, and i think i had a spelling test on, and i remember going home to an overjoyed (much younger looking) abbu.

2. I was awake, with my fufa, onna (our nickname for phuppi), my dad, my brother and my cousin brother, at 3:00am, watching the game. (i distinctly remenber praying to allah and asking him to make our little country famous for at least once)

3. I was at school :( and i couldnt watch anything cos we had no foxtel or anything and my modem was taken by my abbu because i had exams

cricket_king
June 4, 2007, 01:15 AM
1) I was watching the match in new zealand while in the second grade......didnt understand what was going on though..
2) I watched the whole match live starting 12 am :-D
3) Watched the whole match with family friends including one of my indian friends from school :-p

nmhimal
June 4, 2007, 01:50 AM
1. Year 1999, I was in Dhaka, it was just before my HSC math 2nd part exam, the match finish at mid night and I had exam the next day at 10am also that day I had my math 1st part exam. The tragic thing for me was I got 79 in that exam. After the match all my friends went out in street and cheers and beat drums till 2am. That was an unforgettable day in my life and I thing the best day for Bangladesh cricket.

2. Year 2005, I was in Melbourne, Australia, year before that I finished my study and start living myself. that night I finish work, come home and in local TV SBS they showed the tournament, so I watched the match in TV alone, the match finished at local time 3:30am. Most of my friends watched that on TV in one of my friends place and they having a big party there. I went there at 4:00am and get drunk and I had a physical fight with a guy for cricket. another terrific day for me and the second best day for Bangladesh cricket.

3. Year 2007, I am still in Melbourne, now doing full time job, lucky the match was in weekend and invite all my friends in my place to watch the match. That night I knew we are going to do something extra ordinary and we did. Watch the match all night, it was house full and it was a great night for me as well, the 3rd best day for bangladesh cricket<SUP>
</SUP>

adel
June 4, 2007, 02:53 AM
BD Defeats Pakistan---
Oh my God! It was the first day we moved into our new house in Baridhara (In Dhaka ofcourse)...We had a party with about 50 people there...Me and about 15 of my cousins were cramped into me and my brother's room watching it on a very tiny T.V screen...But that did not stop us from enjoying every single second of it...When we won, we all went onto the streets with a boom-box and balloons and danced...What a day!

BD Defeats Australia---
Haha...Day after my brothers wedding...This time it was only me and my brother watching...We had just bought some Wimpy (which was the man) and were all ready for BD to get thrashed by the Aussies..But boy were we wrong...BD WON!!!...I remember one of our drivers came in and gave one of the loudest shouts ever when we won...

BD Defeats India---
Well this time I was alone in my room..wait no...one of my friends was there...and I was on BC as well : )...We watched the match on a wide-screen T.V. this time...When we won...We went to to the Dhaka Univeristy campus (even though we don't go there) and partied...

Antora
June 4, 2007, 05:15 AM

Where were you when;

1. for 1999 WC I lived in South Africa....
2. Bd beat aus.. i was in melbourne!!!!
3. bd beat ind.. i was in melbourne but 4 da other matches i was in bangladesh!!!

Protic
June 4, 2007, 05:23 AM

Where were you when;

1. I was watching the match in tv..with my uncle & brother ..i remember.
2. I was watching the match in tv..with my brother & uncle..we were all shouting ..:D
3. I was watching the match in tv..with my brother,cousin & dad..lol dad got bored..when yuvi and gangu had a partnership..but soon after we were ecstatic due to the collapse.
:D Bottomline..i was at my house.on all of these ocassions.

zahid
June 4, 2007, 05:53 AM
I was in front of TV on all 3 occasions.

Sovik
June 4, 2007, 06:14 AM

Where were you when;

in front of my tv

BonBon
June 4, 2007, 07:56 AM
1. In Canada..quite unaware of whats happening...but avidly following NHL
2. In the US..couldnt watch the game so watched highlights 100 times
3. On the infinitely long highway I-80 in east coast US..my friend updating me every 15mins

Quite a loser, huh?

Rabz
June 4, 2007, 08:10 AM
BD beats Paki: Dhaka...

BD beats Aus: Sydney.... we were making so much noise at 3.30 in the june winter morning that cops came to our house... we started hugging them and told them what happened...
Being Aussie, even they couldnt believe and saw the funny side of it.
Told us not to make much noise but enjoy the moment, wished us good luck and left.

BD beats India: Star City casino in Sydney.
Me and my mate ( and mostly around another 30 Bangladeshi) against over 100 indians. Made so much noise and teased them so much, ended up in a mild browl with few indians who had it too much to handle.
Got kicked out of the casino, returned back again to be asked to leave again, went ot another pub where there were another big bunch of indians. Time for more annoying teasing and verbal bashing. by the time it was almost time for us to win, most of them left and we found only ourselves to cheer 8 in the morning.

All in all....great memories.

nannu
June 4, 2007, 08:27 AM
1) i was at home wathcing teletext on bbc.

2) watched first innings on internet ( bc link). during the 2nd innings i was in waterloo, on the place where napeleon was defeated for first time ( ironic isnt it). my brother called me to give the news.

3) watched it on internet with whole family. buffer free as same as tv quality. really enjoyed it.

Sauron
June 4, 2007, 08:51 AM
Where were you when;

In front of TV

In front of TV

In front of TV

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2007, 09:09 AM
1997: Visiting Dhaka. Listening the closing moments of the match in a car radio.

1999: Most probably working late and updating and installing patches on servers for Y2K. grrrr!!

2005: At home. watched a little, slept a little.

2007: Enjoyed every bit of the game with family and friends. (sorry Faceoff, had to change plans at the last moment).

radagast
June 4, 2007, 09:37 AM
1. California
2. California
3. California

Only saw the last one live though :(

ialbd
June 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
1: In BD, Lost my voice before the game ended, so a very silent celebration for me

2: In BD (for a month) and managed to catch the game, and watching the game in a common room tv with apartment boro bhais & polapains and remember senior uncles coming down to ask us to keep it low but ended up saying 'Ashraful ekhono ase na?' It was some 8-9 PM in bangladesh when the game ended (I think) and ofcourse street celebration followed...

3: In our small town of Kingston Canada, watched with the few bangladeshi students around, took frequent coffee/groccery break during the BD innings (after Tamim) cuz every1 was too nervous to watch the chase. Later we hit the bangladeshi community houses (ate biriani) and bhabis/aunties saying 'bangladesh india ke haray dise? bhaloi to, bangladesh ki ekhon champion?' Then we took the liberty to teach some basics of cricket to the kids & let the families know the name of our players...... different eh ?

sandpiper
June 4, 2007, 11:16 AM
1. in Dhaka, watched full match live in my home (Khaled Mahmood Sujon was great)

2. in Dhaka, although couldnt see the aussie innings (AFtab's six over mid wikt was awesome)

3. in USA, surrounded by some indian students (only me was Bnagladeshi there). indians were preparing from the morning with their tricolor flag and discussing about wat could be their winning mergin, as if it was another practice match !! they felt like thunderstruck watching their batting collapse and even then coudnt actually believe they might lose the match. I cant express my feelings in words when Mushi drove Munaf to seal it for Bangladesh :flag: :flag: :big_hug:
at the end they congratulated me and started calculating their remaining options to sneak past to the super eight (even they were expecting Bangladesh to beat Srilanka then :D , it is great to cherish). i shall never forget the day.

fwullah
June 4, 2007, 11:29 AM

Where were you when;

1. In Dhaka, watching the match live on TV.
2. In Dhaka, watching the match live on TV.
3. In Dhaka, watching the match live on TV.

Its the same answer for all the above 3 questions.

fwullah
June 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
And I will be in Dhaka, watching the match live on TV - whenever BD beats any other team in the future.

sandpiper
June 4, 2007, 11:36 AM
watching BD matches in Dhaka is great ! (with so many friends and supports)
but what can i do being a PROBASHI ?? :-/
And I will be in Dhaka, watching the match live on TV - whenever BD beats any other team in the future.

sar2005
June 4, 2007, 11:42 AM
Where were you when;

Was in Dhaka and returning from evening shift MBA classes from DIU.

Was in Dhaka and watching at my home together with my brothers

In Copenhagen. Watched it together with BC.

Fahim
June 4, 2007, 12:17 PM
1. Didn't follow cricket that time so i didn't know nothing about this historic win. /:)

2. Was working VOLUNTARILY at my dad's shop in London coz i thought Australia will easily beat Bangladesh so i missed it. :hairpull:

3. I was FORCED to work in my dad's shop so missed that one too. :mad:

basically, i have NEVER seen Bangladesh beat a Test team LIVE. :E

betaar
June 4, 2007, 12:22 PM
This kinda threads goes to show how limited our sources of enjoyment is when it comes to our beloved cricket team or for that matter our beloved country. But would love to take walk in the memory lane, so here goes; <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p>
<UL><font face=" /><o:p></o:p>

Win against Pakistan – I was flying back home during the game, landed right when the game finished, the ZIA airport was fairly empty, much to my surprise my dad was late picking me up and no body else bothered to come with him as everyone was too busy celebrating.<o:p></o:p>
Win against Aussie – Watched it on the PC and staying up whole night in MN, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "<st1:country-region" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>
Win against <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> – Watched it on TV in MN, <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> with only notable difference from the other two games is that I BELIEVED we could win, and god damn we DID.<o:p></o:p>

babubangla
June 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
1. In Dhaka, watching the match live on TV.
2. In Dhaka, watching the match live on TV.
3. In Dhaka, watching the match live on TV.
Its the same answer for all the above 3 questions.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Don't be so sure about this.
You never know when "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge". :)

Imtiazk
June 4, 2007, 01:24 PM
BD v Pak: I was at Northampton.

BD v Australia: I was at Cardiff.

BD v India: I was at home glued to the TV. The shopping had been done in the morning. A "No Disturb" sign was illuminated on my forehead.

Tigers_eye
June 4, 2007, 01:33 PM
Unless he is an Amir Khan (lagan) instead of Sharuk Khan. lol.

Sovik
June 4, 2007, 02:30 PM

then it will be

In kitchen, busy cooking dinner and listening to all the screaming from everyone who were in front of tele

Fortuner
June 4, 2007, 03:08 PM
i was at a religious gathering and did pray 2 rakat for bd to win when they were gaining cntrl of d match
i rushed from tutions to watch the the match
i was at home following it on the internet<!-- / message -->

Farhad
June 4, 2007, 03:23 PM
1. In Dhaka, home, watching the match on TV.
2. In Saudi Arabia, watching the match over at my friends house on TV
3. Boston, on the net...

babubangla
June 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
When Bangladesh defeated Pakistan in 1999, I was watching the game on TV alone.
When Bangladesh defeated Australia in 2005, I was watching the game online with my wife on my side.
When Bangladesh defeated India in 2007, I was watching the game online with my wife on my side and my son on my lap.

Do you see the trend here? I could barely manage another such high-profile Bangladesh win at this moment.
Victories come at a cost!! :)

Fazal
June 4, 2007, 03:51 PM
When Bangladesh defeated Pakistan in 1999, I was watching the game on TV alone.
When Bangladesh defeated Australia in 2005, I was watching the game on TV with my wife on my side.
When Bangladesh defeated India in 2007, I was watching the game online with my wife on my side and my son on my lap.

Do you see the trend here? I could barely manage another such high-profile Bangladesh win at this moment.
Victories come at a cost!! :)

Oh... no... don't tell us that you haven't started the process yet... please BB pleasee !!! We cannot affort to wait another 9-10 months for another victory.

metallian
June 4, 2007, 03:53 PM
1. I was in bangladesh; i remember celebrating it with my dad.
2. I didnt get to watch the game :(
3. I was in my dorm room. ENJOYED EVERY DAMN MOMENT OF IT!! It was during the finals and I had an exam like the following day. lol

Imtiazk
June 4, 2007, 03:58 PM
The observations tell me how young BC members are !

Yameen
June 4, 2007, 04:07 PM
1999: was at an uncles house in glasgow all listening on the radio
2005: was at cardiff stadium itself, brilliant day out
2007: watched it at home

layperson
June 4, 2007, 04:21 PM
The observations tell me how young BC members are !

Shouldnt you be saying "how old BC members" are ? If you get the impression of a young group here then your observations have gone awry. There are members of all ages but the average age of a member here would be in the mid 30's according to my educated guess.

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:07 PM
1. I was very very very young; and that time, I was more into Pakistan etc. Shoaib Akhtar, I didn't have much patriotism in me then.

2. I just came home from Ilford Shopping Centre, turned on TV, and BAM.

3. Extremely emotional...brings tears to my eyes...that day my Brother was born...so, I came back very late at home, so obviously, I couldn't watch full match, on the street home, I stopped at every Pub/club window (not going in of course) and looked at the score....BD were doing ok, went home, and something was wrong with my dish, and my net, so, I followed the game using teletext till it was won...and, I stayed up till about 2 to watch highlights. Thanks for bringing back memories dude.

Trigger_Tiger
June 4, 2007, 06:14 PM
3. Extremely emotional...brings tears to my ears...

Fascinating stuff.....you cry through your ears :-/?????

Hehe.....don't mind me asking but are you a kid?

BD forever :flag:!!!!!

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
Fascinating stuff.....you cry through your eyes:-/?????

Hehe.....don't mind me asking but are you a kid?

BD forever :flag:!!!!!

mistake hoyecilo.

No, not a kid, I said young to lament my eldness. I am not 22+ tho.;)

CTazim
June 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
1. MY wife and I started watching the game when Bangladesh where 78/1. Enjoyed every second of the game after that.

2. I bought the transmission from willow.tv. Watched it in front of the computer from the word go.

3. It was a Sunday and watched with all our friends in the family room. Enjoyed

Where were you when;

SideWinder
June 4, 2007, 06:29 PM
1. MY wife and I started watching the game when Bangladesh where 78/1. Enjoyed every second of the game after that.

2. I bought the transmission from willow.tv. Watched it in front of the computer from the word go.

3. It was a Sunday and watched with all our friends in the family room. Enjoyed

It was a saturday all right...:timeout:

Spitfire_x86
June 4, 2007, 06:54 PM
1. Dhaka
2. Dhaka
3. Dhaka

gatekeeper
June 4, 2007, 10:06 PM
watching BD matches in Dhaka is great ! (with so many friends and supports)
but what can i do being a PROBASHI ?? :-/

Absolutely. I was in Dhaka during the 1999 game against Pakistan by sheer luck. I had planned to go to UK to watch the match but had to leave for Dalian, China on a sudden business trip. I finished a couple of days early and rerouted my trip back to NY thru Dhaka to see my parents(paid dearly out of my pocket). But was I grateful later on. I almost think it was better than being on the ground. Who can forget the celebrations all over the city all night long!!!! Memorable stuff.

Nafis_BD
June 4, 2007, 10:11 PM

Where were you when;

1.I was playing with my plastic bat and hoping that we would win.
2.I was runnung back and forth checking the scores after every 5 seconds and was really angry cause I wasn't abl;e to watch the game anywhere!!!!
3.I was looking for link at first then I was watching it online and then I went to my friends house and saw it live there!!!

Zunaid
June 4, 2007, 10:11 PM

Where were you when;

1. I was in Dhaka on vacation. Watched the game live on BTV with raucous gang of cousins/cousines and and aunts and uncles. This is also the first time my wife was introduced to cricket and my insatiable hunger for all things cricket. She is still with me and allows me to purchase cricket PPV, which brings me to

2 and 3 - all on willow.tv and my fellow travelers on BC chat.

yeee haw.

Nocturnal
June 4, 2007, 10:44 PM
Is there anyone in BC watched those three great games live from the ground..anyone?

Mahir
June 5, 2007, 02:03 AM
Is there anyone in BC watched those three great games live from the ground..anyone?

Imtiazk (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=473333&postcount=48) was at the match-hosting town when we downed the big boys of Pakistan & Australia. Not clear if he was at the stadiums himself :)

Yameen (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=473557&postcount=57) witnessed the Cardiff classic right from the stands!

RazabQ
June 5, 2007, 03:37 AM
BD whacks Pakistan

Was watching it in the TV room of an MIT dorm with a group of 10-20 Bangladeshis (including my in-laws) and 20-40 increasingly incredulous Pakis & Indians. I was very emotional that day because I knew/sensed that this win would set us on the path to Test status

BD beats Australia. Had missed the 1st innings. Wife & I were having a huge argument when I checked the scores and realized Ash & co might just pull it off (yes I have my laptop on even during arguments - it's always on). Told my wife to take a time-out and check the score. Soon it was argument-schmargument as the two of us were glued to the BBC audio commentary with our (then 1 year old) on my lap. Started calling all my local buddies after the win and also probably waxed poetic here on BC.

BD beats India in WC. Sitting in the bay area's largest Indian theater with a raucous group of Bangladeshi fans (and of course the family) and out cheering and eventually driving out all the Indian fans :)

Shafin
June 5, 2007, 04:43 AM
1.Mymensingh
2.Dhaka
3.Dhaka